RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Mar 16th, 2021, 02:21 AM
Simply Doomed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1557
Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf
An Exercise In Hubris

Game NameAn Exercise In Hubris
Game SystemPathfinder
ThemeA Campaign About The Cost Of Ones Wildest Dreams
FlavourMad Science, City Building, Politics and diplomacy, Player Driven
Plot Summary
Game DetailsGame Name – An Exercise In Hubris
Game System – Pathfinder
Theme – Mad Science, City Building, Politics and diplomacy, Player Driven
Flavour – Bioshock meets Pathfinder: Kingmaker with a dash of the Evil Genius games.

The Elevator PitchAs high level character's you are given charge of ruling and protecting a metropolis while attempting to create and implement your own dreams. Can you balance your own desires with the cities? What is the price of your hubris? And in the end, can you justify the cost to yourself?

Game Summary
Game DescriptionThe King is dying. The best healers cannot save him and now its simply a matter of time. The King has accepted his fate but wishes to safeguard his city and people against the chaos that will follow his death. He has his scribes write up a simple proclamation and sends it out to all:

“To all who hear this message,

The King seeks the brightest minds in all the land. Those who have the spark of ingenuity, or of faith or that spark of special madness. Those who believe they have the idea that can revolutionize the world, remodel the landscape of reality or simply correct the injustices they perceive. Those that believe themselves worthy of this title should report to the King's Court and present their idea. Should you convince the King of the merits of your idea, you will be given a prize beyond imagining: The means, wealth and custodianship of a city to make it happen

By Decree of,
His Royal Highness”

His advisers may have kicked off an uproar at the mention of giving strangers rule over the city, but the King silenced them. In his eyes this was the way forward. The only way forward. Give the city to the next generation and maybe they can fix the problems or inspire the people in a way the King never could have imagined. He sat on his throne and awaited the masses, looking forward to see what hope for the future they would bring.

City BackgroundThe city of Parsantium has stood for fifteen hundred years and will stand for another fifteen hundred if the King has his way. Nestled by the sea, the city is separated into thirds by a river. On one side of the river lies the rich districts, the other side the poor. In the center, on an isle and underfoot a towering Colossus, lies the merchant district. The city has it fair share of problems, both internal and external. To the East lies the Feyshore Forests, home to ancient ruins, elven villages both allied and against Parsantium, fearsome beasts and the Fey. To the northwest, goblinoid barbarian tribes raid the towns and villages under Parsantiums protection. To the Southeast, gnolls and centaurs used to raid but thankfully they haven't been heard of for a long time for some reason. Finally to the west lies the sea, filled with pirates, sea monsters and the very wrath of nature herself. Internally the city faces a constant war against the criminal underworld, rumors of a dark cult starting to form and lastly a growing movement against the monarchy itself.

Dungeon MasterPreacherwolf – I've been an eternal tabletop DM for about ten years, mostly playing D&D 3.5, D&D 5E and Pathfinder. This will be my second play-by-post game, because I'm demonstrably stupid apparently and I've lost all leave of my senses

Game Details and ExpectationsYou can pick almost any race or class that isn't third party. This includes occult classes and the gunslinger, although only early firearms will be available for the game and I can't promise that they'll be a lot of encounters from the occult rule books such as haunts. We'll also be including the elephant in the room feat tax house rules.

The actual game will run on two levels. The first is the Macro Level. You'll each have one NPC assistant to coordinate and 100 minions to help build your vision. You can use these guys for almost anything. This is the level where you lay out your plan and organize its construction and divide your resources. It's also the level where you'll have to organize how best to run your role in the city. The defense and protection of the city and its guards, taxes, law and order, food and health. All need to be manged. No point going to the moon if your city falls victim to a dragon attack.

The second is the Micro level. This is where your actual character comes into play. Sourcing key resources, tracking down obscure texts, making alliances or threatening enemies. The city doesn't have unlimited resources nor does it have every resource. Your character's are going to have to do the leg work to make their vision come true. Alongside that there is the city to run. Enemies attack, both in and outside the city, espionage, the constant threat of bandits and pirates, they're all going to have to be dealt with and who better than the most powerful people in the city who could probably handle it with a wave of their hand. Right?

I don't expect there to be much traditional combat with grid maps and the like. Given the high level and resources available to players, such combat will be either be tedious affairs or over quickly. Instead I foresee combat being either large scale, army vs army kind of affairs or intense small scale one vs one or one vs a few done mostly via RP as opposed to maps. I could be wrong on this front, in which case we pivot into battle maps.

ApplicationName: Self-Explanatory
Race: Maximum RP of 15
Age: Don't forget to take into account age modifiers here

Description: What does your character look like, a picture would be much appreciated in addition to a written blurb

Background: Where did your character come from? What do they do? Give me an idea as to what your character's life is all about and where they've come from

Your Idea: This is the main thing I'll be looking at, everything else is really window dressing. What is the big idea you'll be working towards. You're all going to be high level with the resources of a city at your disposal, so don't think small. Go as big as you can. Create a multidimensional spy agency! Colonize the Moon! Start your own religion and become God! Build giant mecha to crush neighboring lands! Breed Tarrasque for...Reasons?! Hubris is the key here. For clarity's sake don't make this in character, rather make it clear out of character what you're aiming for

The Mechanics: This is the how. Do you have any idea on how to implement your idea? Not in character but out of character, the feats/spells/money/people you'll need to make it all work. Tell me just how exactly you're going to make your dream a reality.

Your Assistant: I'm not looking for a full application/stat block/character sheet on them. Give me a brief run down on how you know them, why they follow you and just what they're like to work with and be around.

Your Role: What do you envision your role will be in the city? And how will you in this role better the city?

What do you, the player, want: Simple question, what are you looking to get out of this game?

RP Sample: What was your character's reaction when he heard about the King's Proclamation?

Character Creation Rules- Don't roll anything in this thread

- Players will be starting at level 11 with the normal starting gear plus 82,000gp with which to by magic items and other gear.

- Players can be any Paizo race up to a maximum of RP 15

- Players can have up to two traits, but no flaws or drawbacks

- Players can be any Paizo class or archetype. This includes Core, Base, Hybrid, Alternate, Occult, Prestige and Unchained. Players cannot have more than two classes plus one prestige class, and players cannot have more than one archetype per class

- The technology level for guns is emerging, with only early firearms available.

- Anything else third party/Non-paizo is not allowed, but otherwise I'll accept pretty much anything so long as you have a good story/idea behind it.

- Alignment: I'll accept anything that works with the a team dynamic

- We'll be using the 25 point buy method of stat generation, with a maximum point buy of 18 before racial modifiers

- We'll be using the elephant in the room feat tax house rules

What I'm Looking ForI'm looking for 4-6 players. The game will be updated once a week. So it'll be a slow, RP heavy game (hopefully). I'm really looking for players who are passionate about their idea and want to see it play out. Experience isn't really necessary, but an understanding of the rules given the high level nature of the game would be preferable but don't fret if you're a newbie.

DeadlineApril 16th Australian Time

NamePlayerIdeaRoleStatus
Mirrel triedtherest Arcane Revolution Arcane Crafting Complete
Lelith Aurelian PainterOfMinis Tranplanar Piracy & Defense Defence & Raiding WIP
Llordaeron Yaeru Jacobzilla Healthcare and Spycraft Internal Defence Complete
Kaylor Pathwarden Seekr34 Religious Reformation High Priest Complete
Grevexir AmateurDragon Greatest Colosseum City Defence Complete
Duran Urkosh SarcasticWaffle Kill The Gods ??? WIP
Dalin taleteller50 Economic Revolution Banker/City Finances Complete
Zeed Bucks Frederik End The Bleaching ??? WIP
Ventius Gallus Behelit Evil HogwartsAscend To Archfiend Evil DumbledoreArcane Adviser WIP
Albel Of Toomanynames HellsingsRaziel ‹bermensch Public Health Complete
Father Nimor Squeak Create Utopia Councilor (?) Complete

Last edited by Preacherwolf; Apr 16th, 2021 at 01:36 AM.
Old Mar 16th, 2021, 04:50 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2362
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
I've had a concept for an An Arclord of Nex character that I have wanted to play for some time, but waited to find the right game for him.
Is this set in Golarion? If not, are there any set world-aspects that I need to be aware of when creating his Character history?
Old Mar 16th, 2021, 05:26 AM
Simply Doomed

Tools
User Statistics
Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by triedtherest View Post
I've had a concept for an An Arclord of Nex character that I have wanted to play for some time, but waited to find the right game for him.
Is this set in Golarion? If not, are there any set world-aspects that I need to be aware of when creating his Character history?
*Googles Arclord of Nex* Well this seems fantastic. I can't wait to see what you come up with

As for Golarion, I honestly don't know enough about offical Pathfinder lore to say yes. Parsantium is a splat book that unattached to Golarion or anything as its designed to just be placed anywhere. Really the set world-aspects will be decided by the players. If the players story requires there to be access to the First World and dragons, then I add in a place where you can access the First World and a dragon's den somewhere. Basically assume its Golarion, unless it ruins your/other players story. Then its Golarion adjacent and we roll from there
Old Mar 16th, 2021, 09:43 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
Application
left-aligned image

Name: Mirrel the Marvellous, Archmage Extraordinaire
Race: Elf

Description: Ancient, even by the standards of his Race, this wizened Wizard has long pure-white hair that falls down his back and past his belt. He wears a style of flowing robes that has not been in fashion, or even seen at all, in centuries, at least not in this part of the world. Makes a big show of being a nice if senile old man

Background: (WIP) Nobody seems to know quite where Mirrel came from originally, except him and he refuses to answer questions about it, the only thing he has ever truly revealed is that he had to create a giant Golem to protect a town as part of his Basic Training. The first sighting of him on record was a little over two centuries ago. He walked into the highest centre of magical learning in the land and asked to look around. Given his archaic dress, they assumed that he was a hedge-wizard that wanted to round out his knowledge with some formal training, not unknown, so he was given a tour of the facilities, after which he was asked if he would like to stay. He merely said: "No, you would never be able to learn what I have to teach!" Before turning his back and never returning to their doors.

Other accounts of him kept popping up here and there, usually of him manufacturing magical items at a dizzying rate and selling them at a price the established Crafters could not match, then leaving before the local economy completely destabilised. Other (rarer) accounts had him turning up on the doorstep of various households, and informing the adults of the house that one of their children displayed sufficient innate talent for him to take them to be trained in a Real Magical Tradition. In most cases, especially in the early days, he was told to "Go away!" Although usually worded much stronger, in later years after he had learned to talk to people better, his recruitment techniques (and results) improved drastically.

In recent years, he has upped his recruitment greatly, even going so far as to establish a Magic School/Workshop where he splits his time equally between instruction of students and supervising their crafting of items, mostly for sale. Normally the influx of so many magic items onto a market would crash it beyond repair, but the vast majority are being sold "Off-world" via the Extra-planar Magic Merchants, the Mercane.

My idea: He wants to create a Magical-Renaissance and/or Industrial Revolution based on Magic but still implementing the emerging technologies of the modern era, completely changing the country, or even world if he can. He thinks that the techniques of Creation he was trained in are superior (and perhaps he is correct in that), but knows that merely recreating the glories of the past is not enough, they need to be surpassed! He knows that once he dies his plans die with him and that he is approaching the end of his life (any century now in fact) and despairs that none of his his students have shown enough promise to learn the Old Ways, and that they may very well die with him as he has seen none of the other Arclords in years. To that end, he is looking for ways to halt or reverse the aging process.

Mechanics: A sky-high crafting rate through the Arclord Prestige class and using the Craft Construct Feat to crank out Trompe L'oeil, funded by previous crafting (made cheaper through Spark of Creation Trait), minions with access to my Crafting Skills through Cooperative Crafting. Item Crafting, specifically Construct Crafting, specific to that: Trompe L'oeil
Basically, he could recreate almost any creature or individual by painting a picture of them, with all the powers of the original and they would be obedient to him! My mind has yet to reach the limits of how this could used! The Tarrasque? Feh! I've got three of them at home! Need access to Wish? The hardest part of that would be deciding which Djinn to use!

My Assistant: Dormammu - The Mercane Merchant
A longstanding "friend" of Mirrel. The Mercane as a race are always on the lookout for magical items to purchase, and Dormammu is no exception. Mirrel first contacted him as a method of selling on the fruits of his Labour without completely destabilising the economy, which has turned out to be a mutually beneficial relationship. Mirrel often takes his payments in crafting or spell component instead of coinage, and the Mercane knows that the components will likely see their way back to him in their finished form, so he is more than happy to accommodate this. The two will normally meet up once a day to discuss transactions.

His Role: Wealth, Item and Minion production. You name it, one way or another he can get it for you, and that's just putting aside the fact that he is a WIZARD, with all the game-breaking shenanigans that it implies. Whatever the City/Country needs, he can supply it. Crisis is averted before the Messenger finishes telling us what it is.

What do you, the player, want: To play the Ultimate Crafter in a game that sounds like it really plays to his strengths.

RP Sample:
"Huh...! What....? Who let you in here?" Blustered the elderly elf.
"Err, you did Sir!" Said the nervous looking apprentice, she points at the piece of parchment on his master's desk. "You were reading that and saying it was important."
"Don't presume to tell me what I was doing or what I deem important boy!"
"I'm a girl Sir!"
"And don't you forget it! Now...." He pauses. "Err...What did you want again?"
"The Parchment Sir!" The apprentice's voice was strained.
"Right, yes! Inform the staff and other apprentices that I shall be moving to the capital!"
"We LIVE in the Capital, Sir!" Her entire body was strained from the effort of the conversation.
"Excellent! I won't have far to travel then, I shall be leaving after lunch, dismissed!" He makes a shooing motion with his hands then returns to his work, and the Apprentice leaves while silently debating the wisdom of her life choices!
When the door is fully closed, Mirrel allows himself a cheeky smile.
A Wizard SHOULD learn patience, and in that respect, I believe that I am an excellent teacher!

OOC

Last edited by triedtherest; Apr 8th, 2021 at 07:49 AM.
Old Mar 16th, 2021, 09:59 AM
Dreaded blue eye-square!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5928
Adorios Adorios Adorios Adorios Adorios Adorios Adorios Adorios Adorios Adorios Adorios
I'm always a sucker for macro games. I find them fascinating.

A few quick questions about the structure of this one. You say you're looking for a party of 4-6. Is this intended to be a joint-ruling Council of some kind, collectively governing? Or will we exist in parallel universes with each other, each dedicated to a different version of the City but giving us free reign over our version (in theory, we could even accomplish something like that by using magic to create a temporary parallel universe for a trial period and then the "most successful" becomes the real city going forward)? You seem to have set this all up to be one city, so my first thought that we would all be in charge of a different city in a larger kingdom is out the window.

Assuming we're going with the Council route, which seems the most likely explanation, are the Assistant & 100 minions individual or do they belong to the Council as a whole?

Are we replacing the monarchy? Or will the King or the King's heir continue to be a factor?
Old Mar 16th, 2021, 05:57 PM
Simply Doomed

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adorios View Post
I'm always a sucker for macro games. I find them fascinating.

A few quick questions about the structure of this one. You say you're looking for a party of 4-6. Is this intended to be a joint-ruling Council of some kind, collectively governing? Or will we exist in parallel universes with each other, each dedicated to a different version of the City but giving us free reign over our version (in theory, we could even accomplish something like that by using magic to create a temporary parallel universe for a trial period and then the "most successful" becomes the real city going forward)? You seem to have set this all up to be one city, so my first thought that we would all be in charge of a different city in a larger kingdom is out the window.
Collective council. The assembled player will each be give a role and a part of the city with which to govern and work from there

Quote:
Assuming we're going with the Council route, which seems the most likely explanation, are the Assistant & 100 minions individual or do they belong to the Council as a whole?
Individual. The assistant is up to the player, the 100 minions are basically just grey NPC's doing your bidding. Of if you're playing an evil character, presumably actual minions

Quote:
Are we replacing the monarchy? Or will the King or the King's heir continue to be a factor?
The King isn't dead just yet, so until he dies he'll be around to advise and lend credence and advice to the council. He'll also have the deciding vote if there's a tie among the council. After he dies, well that's entirely dependant on how/what the players have done
Old Mar 16th, 2021, 06:16 PM
Purgare Wildlife Preserve

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1536
PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis
I have one question before I get to work on a character - What is the state of naval weaponry? Deck mounted ballistas? Has gunpowder been harnessed for larger size items like cannons?

I ask as my idea is a little bit dependent on that. Particularly, a sailor-wizard with intentions to breach into other realities or dimensions and raid them for resources with a flying animated sailing ship (Still working on how to actually animate the ship as the given example for animating a ship needs CL 32, easily doable with army across time witch cheese but that feels wrong... Might have to go with smaller ones, or abandon the animation and simply make the ship fly with a crew.)
Old Mar 16th, 2021, 06:33 PM
Simply Doomed

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by PainterOfMinis View Post
I have one question before I get to work on a character - What is the state of naval weaponry? Deck mounted ballistas? Has gunpowder been harnessed for larger size items like cannons?
Deck mounted ballistas is the main stay backed up with spell casters. Proper, ship mounted cannons are rare and mostly found on smaller ships that don't have any other real weapons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PainterOfMinis View Post
I ask as my idea is a little bit dependent on that. Particularly, a sailor-wizard with intentions to breach into other realities or dimensions and raid them for resources with a flying animated sailing ship (Still working on how to actually animate the ship as the given example for animating a ship needs CL 32, easily doable with army across time witch cheese but that feels wrong... Might have to go with smaller ones, or abandon the animation and simply make the ship fly with a crew.)
This is the exact kind of insane plan I want to see. Inter-dimensional and trans-planar piracy
Old Mar 16th, 2021, 07:54 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 183
SarcasticWaffle SarcasticWaffle
So this came about perfectly in time for a urge that I've been having. The concept boils down to, "And then we killed god."

I will have to sit down and really get this churning in my head. Feel going the route of freeing mortals from the control of the pantheons.

Last edited by SarcasticWaffle; Mar 16th, 2021 at 07:55 PM.
Old Mar 16th, 2021, 08:24 PM
Dreaded blue eye-square!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5928
Adorios Adorios Adorios Adorios Adorios Adorios Adorios Adorios Adorios Adorios Adorios
Lol, which would work well with my concept, which was going to be an Archcleric.

Well, technically, that's one thought I had. There were a few others, but that's the momentary funny one.

Last edited by Adorios; Mar 16th, 2021 at 08:25 PM.
Old Mar 16th, 2021, 09:17 PM
Purgare Wildlife Preserve

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1536
PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis
Lelith
right-aligned image

Name: Lelith Aurelian
Race: Elf

Description: Lithe like most other elves, Lelith stands at a hair above six foot, dusky auburn hair loose and long as it sets cascading shadows across her face and silver-blue eyes. Many years upon the sea have taken their toll on her skin however, the shadows of her hair not doing quite enough to hide the marks from that time - leaving her looking like a rather unsuccessful knife fighter, to say nothing of the scars around her torso that she takes great pains to hide, a bound chest, a corset above that, robes above that. They are not marks of pride, they are marks of shame, of failure, something that she intends to keep hidden and remedy with successes beyond the wildest dreams of many.

Background: WIP

Your Idea: Create a fleet of sailing ships enchanted to fly by magical means, capable of travel through collossal portals/gates into alternate planes or parralel realities, dimensions, etc, with crews to man them and their weaponry, and return with resources to expand and support the city.

The Mechanics: Craft construct to create collossal constructs in the form of sailing ships, attach the appropriate ballistas to them (With accompanying crew, boarding parties, etc). A bank of "fly" staves may be necessary to keep it in the air with any amount of speed (Above 120ft whilst running with clumsy maneuverability) but if not, 16,000gp for a 30ft fly speed is hardly the worst on a colossal ship. Obviously need a fair few people with the Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Ballista, or levels in siege mage, etc, but manpower seems to be easy to come across.

Now the hard part is shifting between planes. Unless we're stuffing the crew into a bag of holding, only the one doing the plane shift, the ship, and 6 other crew members can come along, and quite frankly: 7 people does not a raiding party make. I might have to request a cost to make a large and expensive gate (doubtless requiring plenty of rare materials that must be adventured for. The bones of great leviathans, a dragon's tears, the soul of an elemental from each major plane, that kind of thing) to fly the ship through, or again: bag of holding.

Your Assistant: WIP, likely somthing of a first mate

Your Role: To gather exotic resources from other planes where they might not have been exhausted for the projects of the rest of the council, general pre-emptive strikes on problematic realities, clear out areas in other planes for colonies and resource gathering... And looking good whilst doing it.

What do you, the player, want: I don't quite know yet. A chance to do something outside of the standard adventuring pattern.

RP Sample: WIP

Last edited by PainterOfMinis; Mar 30th, 2021 at 09:35 AM.
Old Mar 17th, 2021, 12:53 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3525
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Hmm, 11th level, how can anyone pass that up? I rarely get to play high levels. Wasn't sure about putting in an app, but since we'll be like a council, I think I can handle that. Preacher, so this is somewhat like the game we are in now called "Kingmaker?" Since this is mostly RP with only a little combat and such, I'll have to think what race and class to come up with.
Old Mar 17th, 2021, 01:34 AM
Definitely not a robot...

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Jacobzilla Jacobzilla
Name: Llordaeron Yaeru (Lloyd)
Race: Human
Age: Middle aged, Partial amnesiac since he was a young adult so we can't say for sure.

Description: Tired and grouchy. Obviously a veteran from a variety of scars, many being on his oversized bloody crimson left arm large enough to nearly drag on the floor. Despite his increasing age he has an attractive aspect to those he wants to be beautiful or diplomatic for. To those not in that category he is a demonic force. An additional peculiarity is his deformed Stahl ears. Not quite elvish, more peculiar.
At some points his beauty can enter an uncanny valley and is unsettling to look on.

Background: A professional adventurer from a distant land, so adept the princess had taken his hand in marriage after reclaiming her kingdom from insurrectionists. Continuing his adventures with his companions, a drow, a perpetually drunken dwarf and a gnomish guide they grew to the status of gods. Despite infinite power and developing his own kingdom on a purple moon he still could not recall his days as a young man. Disenchanted as a god on his frozen throne he chose to will himself out of his existence as the chief deity among the new pantheon and the lives of his friends and queen, abandoning all.
After an age of wandering through the akashic vault he is compelled again by his restlessness to exist, waking on the shoreline of parsantium. Soon after however, being considered mad from his peculiar dialect and intimidating presence, Lloyd was institutionalized for a number of years. Eventually developing a tolerance for the chemical labotimizers he breaks free, although much of his power has waned from years of this and jumping in and out of existence.
Passing by the town crier back to the ocean he decides to try being king once again.

Your Idea: Lloyd's objective is to fortify while covertly gathering information from nearby kingdoms and is willing to invest heavily in it. Also deep down inside he harbours negative feelings for his treatment in the sanitarium and wants to reform the society on a healers level.
Free immortality for everyone, global domination (or further if permitted), developing a secure kingdom which it's neighbouring nations envy through social manipulation and extremely long ranged weapons beginning as a compulsion for star gazing.
The plan of defense for his kingdom spans beyond the mortal realm and seeks to literally intimidate the immortal entities overseeing the universe, and knowing he isn't truly of this place aids him in doing so.
Also hankering for a real cool fortress at the base of the volcano. Natural defense, a temple of meditation and a neat location to place the laser defense. This may require an invasion and will require preparations.
Accumulation of forbidden rituals to add to his private collection of books, eventually claiming on that will save the world for a steep price.
Developing radiation based healing and energy to fuel the entire kingdom of Parsantium.
During his downtime Llordaeron will be feasting and smoking as fine a product as will allow while experiencing the culture of Parsantium.

The Mechanics (potentially will change): I intend to split my alloted company into divisions to act independantly on separate tasks which may change depending on the abilities of the minions and what immediate threats there are. I wish to have the minions as a whole tested and reassigned based on their merits, my company favouring explorers, scientists and social individuals. Also looking to bolster these numbers right from day one for everyone through a brutal recruiting process while being divined to see if they're worth taking on. As an addition to these numbers Llordaeron will be picking up some golems for heavy lifting and security duties beggining with a glass golem for 33000gp and progressing to an army.
A second purchase will be of supplies to begin crafting massive telescopes for reconaissance and developing later into weaponry in a multiple month process of superheating sand into glass and slowly cooling it in an annealing process over the course of months using the heat of the volcano which is Llordaeron's mystery.
Despite having a necrografted arm of dragonflesh forever I'm paying the price of 12000gp off the get go. This was considered a weapon to his wards in the sanitarium so he spent much time in a straight jacket.
The occult skill unlock will shape where a lot of Lloyd's skill ranks go, mainly into linguistics and survival for divination purposes and I'm investing in a witching rod (31000gp) and some additional Occult skill related items later on.
For his social abilities I'm taking axiomatic discourse for a feat, excellent penmanship for a trait and having extremely high charisma.
The glimpse beyond story feat will add to my mysteriousness by driving people insane who read my mind. A great feat for someone who has many secrets.
Flickering step conduit feat will allow him to dimension door based off his knowledge (planes) and will help him get around well and is just a fun thing to have in my opinion.
The volcano mystery will allow Lloyd to breathe volcanic fumes to significantly boost his charisma for writing purposes. Another reason for him to have his own separate base there. This also ties together with his astronomical orientation, volcanism being a form of stored star energy. Llordaeron's source of power stems from a star he abbreviates into Viera to the uninitiated.
Lloyd has a variety of divination spells to use as well as reading oriented spells permitting him to do so at breakneck speed. And so he intends to dwell in a personal library for much of his alone time.
Glorious heat is a more combat oreinted one that lets fire magic heal nearby allies but this one might not make the chopping block.
More feats are being pondered over and if the campaign becomes more combat oriented Llordaeron's feats will reflect that.

Your Assistant: A peculiar cat with the gift of speech and a dark secret... Tevildo they call him, the only thing spookier in the room than Lloyd by a hair, which may be why they have a strange bond. He used to visit him at his cell window on the blackest nights. Also being charming, Tevildo had minimal issues becoming a member of the court. Tevildo was also the one who had unlocked his cell and cleared a path for Lloyd who doesn't know how he did it. He only saw the carnage...

Your Role: The one to keep the population under control verbally if the tarrasque dung really hits the fan, a creative sort with peculiar ideas and pushing for progress as a society in mystical ways, healing, and the overall betterment of his new kingdom with an iron fist if need be.
During combat he acts as a healer and damage dealer with volcanic eruptions launching his enemies into the air and boiling them alive. In the case they do actually survive that he finishes them with his swordspear.

What do you, the player, want: Cathartic release. Friendship. Excitement.

RP Sample: Failing somewhat at moving at a reasonable pace down the flagstones inconspicuously, dragging his dormant blade he called Elly, the only remnant of his previous life, down the street with him his deformed ears pick up the "To all who hear this message...". The contingent of sanitarium guards flow past as he sticks his deformed ear out of the trash bin he pounced in, refuse leaking out as he does so. Feelings towards his new pet and friend as well as a deep internal calling towards a profession he once knew make him create a new plan. Step one is to find something less conspicuous to wear. The buffoons won't be able to recognize him if he wished it. Gazing around at what was at hand he hesitates at a heavily soiled robe... The leftover chemicals in his brain make the decision for him.

Last edited by Jacobzilla; Apr 16th, 2021 at 02:23 AM. Reason: I was requested to by my lord and master.
Old Mar 17th, 2021, 02:06 AM
Simply Doomed

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekr34 View Post
Hmm, 11th level, how can anyone pass that up? I rarely get to play high levels. Wasn't sure about putting in an app, but since we'll be like a council, I think I can handle that. Preacher, so this is somewhat like the game we are in now called "Kingmaker?" Since this is mostly RP with only a little combat and such, I'll have to think what race and class to come up with.
Yeah, on the Macro level I'm thinking something along the Kingmaker game. Each person has their own role and area and month by month we deal with whats going on. Probably a bit more involved given the crux of the game revolves around the big idea you all are trying to create. On the micro level I'm thinking it'll be along the lines of the Kingmaker crossed with Purgare, where a series of tasks are presented and the council divy up what needs to be done. But less combat and battle maps and more diplomancy and shenanigans

Can't wait to see what vampire man you come up with this time man
Old Mar 17th, 2021, 07:03 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarcasticWaffle View Post
So this came about perfectly in time for a urge that I've been having. The concept boils down to, "And then we killed god."

I will have to sit down and really get this churning in my head. Feel going the route of freeing mortals from the control of the pantheons.
My guy could COPY the Gods, and send them after the originals.