RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Mar 22nd, 2021, 05:00 AM
Simply Doomed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1557
Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by triedtherest View Post
I've amended my application to have a separate OOC section.
Much appreciated. Its mostly the idea I'm trying to parse from people. I'm hoping for a clear idea as to what everyone is planning and you my friend...oh dear, never have I been hit with more instant regret than someone presenting me with an idea to have tame Tarresque and Djinn for the starting cost of a level 7 character. I love it. I hate it, but I love it
Old Mar 22nd, 2021, 08:13 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 183
SarcasticWaffle SarcasticWaffle
Name: Duran Urkosh The Screaming Gryphon
Race: Half-Orc

Description: What does your character look like, a picture would be much appreciated in addition to a written blurb

Background: Where did your character come from? What do they do? Give me an idea as to what your character's life is all about and where they've come from

Your Idea: Kill the Gods and grant ultimate freedom to mortals. If not that, become Gods.

The Mechanics:This is going to require artifacts, Stifling if not snuffing out the worshipers of the gods, and even possibly scavenging the corpses of already dead gods. All the research and manpower will be needed.

Your Assistant: I'm not looking for a full application/stat block/character sheet on them. Give me a brief run down on how you know them, why they follow you and just what they're like to work with and be around.

Your Role: What do you envision your role will be in the city? And how will you in this role better the city?

What do you, the player, want: A game of Epic proportions and testing the bound of our creative genius.

RP Sample: What was your character's reaction when he heard about the King's Proclamation?
Old Mar 22nd, 2021, 08:28 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3525
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
How do I make an OOC section to put the info you want?
Old Mar 22nd, 2021, 08:40 PM
Simply Doomed

Tools
User Statistics
Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekr34 View Post
How do I make an OOC section to put the info you want?
You can either do it in the actual application itself in the Idea/role/mechanics, or just tack on a spoiler or extra fieldset after the fact. I don't particular mind where, I just want a clear picture of what you're aiming for without any fluff or lore obscuring that
Old Mar 23rd, 2021, 03:21 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8119
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
Questions.. Does Brew Fleshcrafting Poison count as 3rd party? It's from 'Pathfinder 16: Endless Night' which is firstly an adventure but still from Piezo.

Also, if we were to take Leadership would this provide 'minions' above the initial 100? Would our Cohort be our assistant or would these be two separate individuals?

Last edited by taleteller50; Mar 23rd, 2021 at 03:23 PM.
Old Mar 23rd, 2021, 04:18 PM
Simply Doomed

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by taleteller50 View Post
Questions.. Does Brew Fleshcrafting Poison count as 3rd party? It's from 'Pathfinder 16: Endless Night' which is firstly an adventure but still from Piezo.

Also, if we were to take Leadership would this provide 'minions' above the initial 100? Would our Cohort be our assistant or would these be two separate individuals?
I'd say hard no to fleshcrafting poison, as it seems while it was printed in a Paizo adventure, its actually a 3.5 feat. It also seems to need XP to craft. Which is a mechanic I simply hate

as for leadership, I was honestly thinking of not allowing anyone to take that as the assistant and minions would give you more than that feat would actually provide unless you built your character entirely around it. It also free's up a feat slot for something more interesting/useful. But if you want to take it, I'd say it'd just give you more minions and your cohort would be your assistant
Old Mar 23rd, 2021, 05:26 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacherwolf View Post
I'd say hard no to fleshcrafting poison, as it seems while it was printed in a Paizo adventure, its actually a 3.5 feat. It also seems to need XP to craft. Which is a mechanic I simply hate
Dang And here I thought I could show you how a scientist creates a God.

Quote:
as for leadership, I was honestly thinking of not allowing anyone to take that as the assistant and minions would give you more than that feat would actually provide unless you built your character entirely around it. It also free's up a feat slot for something more interesting/useful. But if you want to take it, I'd say it'd just give you more minions and your cohort would be your assistant
Would the additional followers with Leadership have the appropriate levels or would they, and the 100 free minions, all be based around level 1?
Old Mar 23rd, 2021, 05:37 PM
Simply Doomed

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Dang And here I thought I could show you how a scientist creates a God.
I mean there's no reason why you can't create a God through alchemy/magic/SCIENCE!. There's enough crap in the paizo material to allow it, and if there isn't there's no reason we can't come to some plan. The consistent example I seem to be using is triedtherest plan for creating painting constructs of literally anything he paints. If that exists as a legitimate option, as much as I hate to admit it, there isn't any reason why you can't create a God through science

Quote:
Would the additional followers with Leadership have the appropriate levels or would they, and the 100 free minions, all be based around level 1?
the 100 free minions are all going to be level 1. They're regular people/craftspeople/workpeople. Not exactly skilled, but then the numbers game more than offsets that. If you're going to take the leadership feat for extra minions, I'd allow you to have the appropriate levels of minions but I would restrict them to NPC classes only. No character classes
Old Mar 23rd, 2021, 06:22 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2362
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
@Preacherwolf - Well the final Arbitor of what is or is not allowed is you. If you did want to impose limits on what could be created (either by Fleshcrafting or by a Construct like the Paintings) you could say that creating a God through them would be classed as an Artifact, and thus beyond mortal creation. Also, the Stats for the God in question would have to be provided, and only a limited number of the "Lesser" Gods have ever had their Stats published to my knowledge
Old Mar 23rd, 2021, 07:01 PM
Simply Doomed

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by triedtherest View Post
@Preacherwolf - Well the final Arbitor of what is or is not allowed is you. If you did want to impose limits on what could be created (either by Fleshcrafting or by a Construct like the Paintings) you could say that creating a God through them would be classed as an Artifact, and thus beyond mortal creation. Also, the Stats for the God in question would have to be provided, and only a limited number of the "Lesser" Gods have ever had their Stats published to my knowledge
As much as I want to go nuts, I am going to have to impose limits naturally. I don't want to punish you guys for the amazing stuff you've found but yes, for the sake of game balance a line must be drawn. For example for your plan, I think the simplest way to limit what you create is to specify that in addition to all other requirements, you need a piece of what you're creating to go into the painting. Whether it be bone, hair, blood or some other part, it needs to be in the paint. That way you can still have a ton of constructs and doesn't hamper your overall idea too much, but it also means you have to ramp up to tarresques and gods and can't just churn them out like a factory of doom from the get go
Old Mar 23rd, 2021, 08:01 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3525
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Well, I think my app is done, unless I miss something.
Old Mar 23rd, 2021, 09:49 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 38106
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
@Preacherwolf

Curious about something, how will you handle / what is the limit on PvP?

You're assembling a group of people with the hubris to think their idea alone is the only way to bring this city to greatness. What happens these plans conflict? What happens if some event makes them mutually exclusive? Sounds like something you'd fight for

Let your voice be heard!
Old Mar 23rd, 2021, 10:27 PM
Simply Doomed

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imveros View Post
@Preacherwolf

Curious about something, how will you handle / what is the limit on PvP?

You're assembling a group of people with the hubris to think their idea alone is the only way to bring this city to greatness. What happens these plans conflict? What happens if some event makes them mutually exclusive? Sounds like something you'd fight for
That's a fair question. To start with, a lot of the ideas presented so far aren't mutually exclusive or even opposing. So if I do my job correctly, there shouldn't be PvP or inter-party conflict. Out of character, I hope to deal with it mostly through RP, tense debates or political campaign kind of things, and just OOC discussion about how to divvy things up or what the best course of action is right now.

That being said, I am honestly expecting an amount of PvP just due to the nature of the game, the scale of everything and the fact that I am certainly not going to do my job correctly. Given the city will have limited resources for everything that needs or wants to be done, I expect the players will resort to swindling, cheating and outright stealing resources from anywhere they can including other players.

I tend to not limit PvP that much. If you all want to fight amongst yourself and tear the city up while disaster looms, go for it. All I ask is that:
  • Its all in character and there's an in-character reason for it and nothing bleeds over to out of character. No being a dick for being a dicks sake.
  • Both parties are fine with it. Sure I'll accept some hidden skullduggery but there's a line where both parties need to know about it and agree its fine. Especially if it's escalated to full scale lethal conflict
  • At some point the party is going to have to work as a unit so don't completely brick yourself off from them and create impassible barriers to reconciliation
Old Mar 23rd, 2021, 10:51 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
I mean there's no reason why you can't create a God through alchemy/magic/SCIENCE!. There's enough crap in the paizo material to allow it, and if there isn't there's no reason we can't come to some plan. The consistent example I seem to be using is triedtherest plan for creating painting constructs of literally anything he paints. If that exists as a legitimate option, as much as I hate to admit it, there isn't any reason why you can't create a God through science
Fleshwarping is the other choice in this case but it's far more limited then Fleshcrafting Poisons. Fleshcraft would allow a 'Scientist' to combine all kinds of parts from different creatures into a single one; creating something akin to a God. On the other hand Fleshwarping is much more limited in that it only has the ability to construct a short list of Flesh-grafts and the Fleshwarped Template. Now Fleshwarped creatures can have 'implanted' abilities similar to Fleshcrafting Poisons but any creature can only have one. I guess additional Flesh-grafts could allow for more customization or some kind of allowance of Templates past just Fleshwarped Creatures but that's going dangerously into the realm of 3rd party or home brew content.

That said the limitation of the Brew Fleshcrafting Poison feat is completely understandable. The mechanics are very easy to exploit; allowing characters to gain abilities that PC's should not have. Just think about a Rogue with 4 arms, claws, and the ability to (rather then taking
damage from an attack) split into two distinct selves. These could then be split further until any one version of the same rogue only had 10 or less HP (Just like a Orchre Jelly). Now have those rogues, all working as one, to surround their enemy, each dealing 4 natural claw attacks further enhanced by sneak attack damage. All of this permanent (the abilities, not the copies) and the for probably less then 50,000 gold.

Nasty

Quote:
the 100 free minions are all going to be level 1. They're regular people/craftspeople/workpeople. Not exactly skilled, but then the numbers game more than offsets that. If you're going to take the leadership feat for extra minions, I'd allow you to have the appropriate levels of minions but I would restrict them to NPC classes only. No character classes
Good choice. PC Class Followers quickly turns into an army of Mages, all focused on magical item creation. This can still happen with Adepts but at least they're more limited in utility.

Further Questions...

Are Templates like Vampire or Apostle Kyton allowed (with the appropriate loss of Class levels for the CR Modifier) or does this fall under the race limitations?

Are you planning on using the Ultimate Campaign rule set for Building Creation, Kingdom Management, and Capital Generation or something simpler?

What cultural basis are you using for the city? You mentioned early Firearms so Late Medieval? Is it more Renaissance, technology having been stunted due to the use of magic? What is the Geopolitical/Economic situation like? Kings and Nobility with fiefs or have Guilds become more prominent? Is Mercantilism the current predominate economic thought? Has the second Agricultural Evolution occurred yet? That sort of thing..
Old Mar 24th, 2021, 06:17 AM
Simply Doomed

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Further Questions...

Are Templates like Vampire or Apostle Kyton allowed (with the appropriate loss of Class levels for the CR Modifier) or does this fall under the race limitations?
At character creation, hard no. They can create too broken characters and much like minions with PC classes, it leads to insane power levels. But as something to work towards, like questing to become a vampire with all that entails. I see no reason to deny that. Basically, work for your broken builds dammit

Quote:
Are you planning on using the Ultimate Campaign rule set for Building Creation, Kingdom Management, and Capital Generation or something simpler?
As hard rules, no. Guided by, yes. Simply because I think we'll be getting into situation that rules could not account for. Like mortals creating artefacts, killing gods, flying trans-planar Colosseums and raiding ultimate realities to name a few.

Quote:
What cultural basis are you using for the city? You mentioned early Firearms so Late Medieval? Is it more Renaissance, technology having been stunted due to the use of magic? What is the Geopolitical/Economic situation like? Kings and Nobility with fiefs or have Guilds become more prominent? Is Mercantilism the current predominate economic thought? Has the second Agricultural Evolution occurred yet? That sort of thing..
Well this might be the most indepth questions anyone has asked me about any of my worlds. *Deep Breath*
  • European basis. The Parsantium book uses Byzantine/Indian as a basis but I don't know enough about that to make it consistant
  • Renaissance period. Exactly as you called it really. No real high tech things have been discovered/created due to wizards doing most of the heavy lifting on that front. Alchemy is the best science there is at this stage, and event that has its roots in magic. Regular science is in that late medival/renaissance period, think Da Vinci era basically.
  • Geopolitically, I would say Golarian but again, I don't know enough about that to actually run it. So, the land is like the Holy Roman Empire sans the actual Empire. A collection of states co-existing next to one another mostly kept in check by the fact that none of them can move against the other without it kick starting a chain of dominos as monarchs and rulers have agreements and treaties with one another to defend each other. So a mix between Pre-WWI Europe and the HRE then. I don't have an actual map of the surronding area, but I will probably attempt to make one. I apologise in advance for my terrible, terrible MS paint skills or whatever map I can actually find/make. Economically, there is flowing trade between most places. Parsantium is a massive port so it does alot of export/import business, its the main way the city makes money as basically the enterance to the continent they receive alot of shipping for other states
  • Guilds are more prominent. Parsantium is a one city country. It holds a number of areas around it as its kingdom and thats about it. These area's are mostly farm land with a smattering of forests and mountains. So fiefs and lords are impractical at best. Guilds organise trade and help the economy flow but at the end of the day The King and its military protect these lands and in return they receive tribute, so for Parsantium at least its an even split
  • Mercantilism is the current economic thought for most places, but as I said above. Not Parsantium. It doesn't have the military or political power to hold more territory to try and keep everything inhouse like other countries do. They rely pretty heavily on imports and exports for their economy and through trade from other states
  • An Agricultural Evolution would have happened. With the amount of druids and nature clerics that would have been around at times, there is no way such knowledge and events couldn't happen in my opinion that they wouldn't learn about crop rotation, selective breeding, etc
  • I will gladly answer any more questions you/anyone else has