Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Behelit Behelit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacherwolf View Post
In Parsantium? No. But there are cities out there that run on slave economy

Whoooooo boy. That's...thats one hell of a path you've chosen my friend, pun intended. So, first off I'd consider the fact that more than likely everyone else in the party will be opposed to you if you do this. Like, I don't think anyone's goal is going to line up with this and I think some party memeber might actively be gunning to oppose this depending on who I choose. But if you're committed to this path, I see no reason why you couldn't have already done the first ritual and be on your way to the second. As for reducing the time, I wouldn't say you could right out the gate but it could be quested for. There has to be some artefact or means out there to help ascension...if you're willing to pay the price
That all works for me! I'm still working out the details of the character, but so long as other characters aren't in on the full scope of his plan I think they could potentially get along very well. This character will truly and sincerely be working to make the city stronger by easing poverty, promoting culture, upholding law and order and urging the citizens from the richest aristocrat to the lowliest begger to persue their ambitions, provided they do so lawfully. He just won't be doing it for altruistic reasons.
Old Mar 27th, 2021, 05:46 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2362
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
Well, good intentions pave the way to He'll. Quite literally in his case!
Old Mar 28th, 2021, 02:40 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3216
Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik
WIP

I have the start to a great idea. It will just take me a few days to get it properly written out.

Zeed BucksName: Zeed Bucks
right-aligned image

Race: Gathlain

Age: 221 years old (Meaning that Zeed have been an adult for 201 years, but is still more than 200 years away from being middle aged)

Class: Skald - Court Poet/Noble Scion

Description: Like all gathlains Zeed is androgyn, both in look, biology and understanding. She/he finds the entire concept of sex, genders and procreation really strange. Being neither male, nor female, but definitely not an it, means that Zeed referes to herself in both genders.
Without antlers Zeed is slightly shorter than a halfling, but with antlers he is about as tall as a gnome. Besiddes the antlers, Zeeds most striking features are her wings. Gathlains are part plants and Zeeds wing are made of wood, leafs, vines and flower petals. Her skin have the same colour as bright wood and her hair is dark purple.
Other gathlains often wear very little clothing, but Zeed have through his life as an adventure found a love for armour and the protection it offers against weapons and monsters that could otherwise kill him. He preferes flying around in a stylish set of glamered mithral armour he was gifted by the elves of the Moon Woods. He always carries with him the sword Bird-killer. It given to him as a cruel joke, but it have since proved its worth in many fights.

Zeed is whimsy, but less so than most other gathlains. She also does not play the same cruel pranks that her kind is known for. Instead she understands to keep her pranks harmless and her jokes good natured. He also understand how to keep a bit of noble grace most of the time.

Beautiful, elegant and whimsy. That is how most people describe Zeeds.

Background: Gathlains are often seen as noble members of the different fairy courts in the first world, when they are not out exploring and adventuring. Zeed is not a normal gathlain though. He sprung from the Golden Oak of the Eternity Fields. A sure sign of nobility even amongst his own noble kind. For the first part of his life, Zeed stayed by the Golden Oak. From the oak he drew sustenance and it offered him comfort.
When Zeed was almost twenty years old his wings had finally grown strong enough for him to fly and fly he did. She spend a few years exploring the First World, before joining her first court as a poet. Zeed would often change courts. Never staying any place for more than a few days or decades. When court life finally grew boring Zeed decided to become an explorer again and traveled to the material plane. Zeed had several good adventures on the material plane, before she meet an old gnome, who was losing her colours. That was the first time Zeed saw the terrrible effects of the bleaching.
Of course Zeed would never leave the old gnome to such a fate. Instead she brought the gnome with her on her adventures. Not an easy task, since the gnome did not want to live her nice home, but Zeed keept pestering her, until she agreed to join him for a small trip. Which became a small adventure and soon the gnomes colour had returned. Seeing how wonders and new experiences had reversed the bleacing Zeed decided to find a way to bring wonders to all gnomes so that no one would fall victime to it.

My idea: Zeed Bucks wants to protect the gnomes from the Bleacing, by making the most fantastic city in the multi-verse. An ever changing city with so many wonders and new experiences that no gnome who lives there will ever grow bored.

First Zeed wants to build a complicated school system. First and foremost there should be a magical school system that enables all people capale of magic to learn at least a small bit, since simple spells such as mending and unseen servant can increase the productivity and ease the life of most people.

This is going to be combined with several magical high schools and a multi-departmental university, for those who have the ability and passion to learn more complicared magic.

The increase number of magic users should hopefully lead to increased trading, since magic users need supplies for their crafting, spells and research, while at the same time can craft usefull magic items.

On top of that it should give the city access to more magic users. Some of them pretty high level.

There should also be schools for art, craftmanship, adventures and a bard college. Education leads to innovation!

Adventures are rich and the the creation of an adventure education, guild and increased crafting capacity, would hopefully mean that more adventures would see Parsantium as the go to location for selling and getting new items, which again would increase the economy.

Then Zeed would like to increase Parsantium. By crafting a magic items that can cast permanent Create Demiplane and permante Teleportation Circle, Zeeds want to make the city exists at multiple locations at the same time. Open the right door and you will find yourself on another plane, but still in Parsantium. Go down the street and you might find ourself on another continent, but still Parsantium. The ability to teleport massive distances would of course increase the trade that goes through the city. It would also allow city officials to expand the city to importent locations.

Zeed also plan to reform the laws. He want to make it easier to form coorperations. Do limited investment. Easy access to loans.

Zeed also knows that to attract artists, craftmen, scholars and magic users the city needs more than just education and libraries. Craftmen and artists need access to all the rare and strange materials of the multiverse. Scholars and wizards want access to well stocked libraries with ancient knowledge. Laboratories. Demiplanes with heightened magic. Grants. Competitions.

Zeeds Assistant Cohort: Grandmother Gienlum is the old gnome witch that Zeed saved when he first came to the material plane. She now follows Zeed, both to keep her own bleaching away and to save other from its terrible effect. Where Zeed brings his many skills and odd abilities, Gienlum is a powerfull witch capale of casting strong spells. Where Zeed is whimsy, Gienlum is empathic ad planing. Over the years the two of them have influenced each other though and Zeed is more empathic and a bit less whimsy, while Gienlum have taken on some of his adventuring spirit.

Zeeds court: Zeed personally doesn't have that many specific plans for Parsantium. He is just not that much of a thinker. Zeed have just decided that he want to make Parsantium the most wonderful city in the world and then he have gathered a court of friends and allies who shares his goal, and whom he trust to guide him with advice and planing. Most of the people following Zeed are gnomes and halflings. Many of them spellcasters like wizards, bards and court poets, witches and druids. Though they also included quite a few craftmen, a few warriors and a handfull clerics, mostly followers of Shelyn.

Some notable followers in Zeeds court would be:
Bossall Ogind - Master of the Ledger
One of the few clerics that follows Zeed. Bossall is a human worshipper of Abadar. Zeed often listen to Bossall, because the cleric sees many oppourtunities. When ever other people have ideas about how to make Parsantium more amazing, but which would clearly cost a lot of money Bossall find oppourtunities for saving and earnings.

Dwynnen - Paladin of Shelyn
Dwynnen is another gathlain on the material plane. She arrived on the material plane shortly after her birth though and have been here for several hundreds of years. She have developed a personal bond with Shelyn and now serve as one of her paladins. She follows Zeeds to protect the many artists that have gathered around him.

Mechanics: Zeed is going to use multiple mechanics.

Iron Collar of the Unbound Coven + Coven Hex
This will allow Grandmother Gienlum to form a coven with together with 2 lvl 1 witch minions. With free Reincarnate spells the coven could be a great money maker, while also diversifying the city population and instead of discussing the morality of capital punishment, what about just changing murders into squirels or other harmless animals.

Many witches + Coven Hex
Will allow Grandmother Gienlum to cast spells with an absurd high caster level. Add Spell Assist and Meta Magic Assist for even more powerfull effects.

Grand coven
At some point I will properly try to use the Grand Coven ritual to make the coven even bigger and more powerfull

High perfom skills + Lyre of Building + Keep Watch
This combination of skills and item will allow Zeed to play the Lyre of Building for several days, until he needs to eat and drink. Playing the Lyre for a single day, produces almost 1500 days of labour, which allows Zeed to quickly build building, walls, canals and so on.

High bluff + Pageant of the Peacock
Will allow Zeeds to success most craft, spellcraft and knowledge checks. I love the idea of Zeeds making a magic cloak by bluffing it magical.

Schools - Retraining?
According to the normal rules for retraining we should be able to retrain commoners to spellcasters by using 3 days, a trainer and 30 gold. If we are going to use the same rules for commoners I guess Zeed could make everybody a wizard pretty fast.

Cavalier, strategist + shared training + Basic Harmony/compeling Harmony/counter point to inspiration
Should allow Zeed to fire of some extremly high performance checks, increase the dc of bardic performance and at lvl 13 grant people +4 + 1 in cha and int for each court poet Zeed have with him, but only for a few rounds a day. Though I am not sure what to use it for.

His Role: Zeed is versatile. She brings "slightly better than a wizard" melee combat abilities. Natural flying. Social skills and thanks to Pageant of the Peacock Zeeds brings all intelligence based skills and can do some serious crafting if needed. As a court poet he can also boost other peoples casting states. The hag coven will bring some extremly high CL spellcasting and access to free reincarnation, while the Lyre of Building will enable Zeed to really rebuild the kingdom.

For the city Zeed could be one of the people who took part in diplomacy and rebuilding of the city.

What do you, the player, want: I will start out by saying that in general I don't like high level play in pathfinder, but I think that I will really like this idea. I think it offers some unique storytelling opportunities and I will love to see what kind of city/kingdom we as players build together. I also look forward to flesh out some followers and see them interact with the world.

Last edited by Frederik; Apr 11th, 2021 at 05:46 PM.
Old Mar 29th, 2021, 04:36 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Behelit Behelit
I wasn't happy with the background and goals I had been working on, so The People's Church of the Nine is no more! But my goal of diabolical ascension remains, just repackaged into a new character that I'll like playing a lot more and that will probably get along better with the other PCs, assuming they don't learn about his true nature.

Formatting and Application both WIP
Name: Ventius Gallus
Race: Human

Description: Ventius is a tall (just shy of 6'5") slender man whose body betrays a life that has never seen physical labor. His black hair is starting to show signs of age as it whitens at the root, but his signature mustache remains as dark as it has ever been. He walks with a confident gate and his resting face is stern and serious, but those who interact with him note that he is quick to smile and share a laugh, and is generally pleasant company. He prefers finer clothes, mostly black with red accents, and is fond of high collars.

Background: Ventius was born in one of the poor districts of Parsantium. His father was a sailor before an accident robbed him of his legs, and his mother was a fishmonger. Both were terrible drunks who quarreled loudly and often violently at all hours. The three of them lived together in a small, one room hut, and it probably would have stayed that way if Ventius had been an average child. Luckily for him, he was incredibly intelligent and driven from a young age, devouring the few books he was able to get his hands on and reading them over and over again until finding something new. When he and his friends would run through the streets playing adventurer, he would always take a stick in hand and take on the role of a wizard, which his simple-minded and brutish friends mocked him for. On the days his parents’ fighting became particularly overwhelming Ventius would flee into the city to the magic academy in order to escape the chaos. He would watch the students and staff come and go, often inundating them with questions. The students mostly derided him and the secondary instructor plainly ignored him, but the headmaster took a quick liking to the curious young boy. Over time the headmaster became aware of his circumstances and, feeling such an obviously talented young boy should not go to waste in the slums, offered to take the boy on as a pupil free of charge. His parents refused, citing that Ventius would soon be old enough to work and should stay and contribute to their household, but quickly changed their minds when the headmaster offered them a sack of gold in exchange for allowing him to tutor the boy. The day he left home with the headmaster would be the last day he ever saw his parents.

Ventius studied hard and excelled quite rapidly, a fact that made the other students jealous. As he reached his late teenage years, however, he started to feel as though the school was holding him back. The study of necromancy was outright forbidden, and conjuration closely monitored to make sure students weren’t overly curious about anything too dangerous to either the body or soul. The lessons were no longer enough, and he soon found himself scouring the school’s repository for alternative sources of knowledge; if the school would not educate him, he would educate himself. He would study these books in secrecy and practice what he learned outside of the city, far from the prying eyes of the headmaster and other students. Or so he thought.

The headmaster was quite aware of what Ventius was doing, and couldn’t have been more pleased. One night when returning from his secret practice the headmaster confronted him, but rather than seeming angry he seemed not just happy, but proud. With the simple utterance of the words “come with me,” the headmaster would change Ventius’s life for the second time. Everything about the academy, from the tightly controlled subject matter to the lessons to the books in the repository were designed to tempt the curious and power hungry. The academy was a real academy of course, but not all of its students were the true pupils. The headmaster lead him to the place he would learn the true lessons; a wizard’s tower on a hidden psuedo-Hell demiplane. It was here that the small handful of truly promising students learned their most valuable lessons, and it would be here that Ventius would begin learning the art of diablerie. This would be where he would meet his eventual second in command, the imp-blooded tiefling Bartholomew Chandruex and, after being appointed new headmaster with the previous headmaster’s passing (an unfortunate accident; Ventius casually mentioned in passing that he would like to take over for the headmaster sooner rather than later, and a shadowy figure that most certainly could not have been Bartholomew Chandruex sabotaged the headmaster’s material components, which lead to a failed magic circle with unfortunately lethal results) it would be where he used the notes of previous generations of headmasters to learn the True Name of the contract devil Nasuzael.

But that is where the history of Ventius ends and his present and future begin…

Your Idea: There are two ideas to this character, but they’re both equally important. As far as anyone is aware, Ventius is just the the headmaster of the magical academy. He has a reputation for generosity, orderliness and is overall well regarded as a pillar of the community; it is in his best interest that this remain the case, and this is the face he’ll be showing to the other players. I’ll outline both his stated and secret goals here because I think letting the other potential players know what he’ll be getting up to in secret is better for helping to coordinate good storytelling and I trust them not to metagame.

Stated Goal: The magical academy is currently small, with only two classrooms and space enough on campus for roughly ten students to live. Ventius wants to expand not only the grounds of the school, but its reputation. He envisions a massive, beautiful university with towers stretching skyward beyond the clouds, a library containing every book on magic ever published in every edition, language and variant possible, a vault filled to the brim with magical items and artifacts, and extraplanar guest lecturers. He wants this humble academy to become a university unrivaled on the material plane, with a reputation for producing wizards of legend.

Secret Goal: Ventius wants to become a devil. More specifically, an archfiend. As the academy grows, so to will its collection of forbidden knowledge. Everything about the university is designed specifically (albeit incredibly subtly) to tempt the most cunning and ambitious students toward diabolical magic. These students will be taken to the wizard;s tower on the psuedo-Hell plane, just as he was, where they will trade their souls to Nasuzael. The terms of each pact will be between Nasuzael and the student, but once the contract is signed their training will begin in earnest. The students will help research the Apotheosis rituals, as well as help research the True Names of other outsiders for Ventius to bind. He also hopes to increase his power and find The Book of the Damned and perhaps one day even usurp the throne of Hell from Asmodeus himself. An almost impossible goal, but Ventius is a mortal (for now) of impossible drive and ambition.

The Mechanics: WIP
Wizard 11 (Pact Wizard HH)
2 Traits
7 feats (can sub arcane discovery for feat)
Alternative racial traits: Comprehensive education, Unstoppable magic
1st feat: Improved Initiative
2nd feat: Summon Evil Monster
3rd feat: Spell Penetration
4th feat: Leadership or Vile Leadership
5th feat: Fiendish Obedience
6th feat: Arcane Discovery (True Name, contract devil)

For the dual nature of this character one of the leadership feats will be essential, even taking into account that it will have to be nerfed for balance purposes. The 100 free cohorts will be regular students and staff, while those granted by the feat will represent the secret students. It will also help to flesh out Bartholomew as a fully functional character. He is essential to Ventius's backstory and plans, so I'd like for him to be a character in his own right, and I'm willing to spend a feat to make that happen.

I plan to take him into the Diabolist prestige class at level 12, and Fiendish Obedience is a prerequisite. It also blends beautifully with the Pact Wizard archetype, so I like it from a flavor perspective. I'm still contemplating which devil the obedience will be for.

The only things I want to keep secret from the other players are he location and mechanics of the hidden wizard’s tower, so all I’ll say about it here is that it will take a hefty chunk of my starting resources (35,520 gold) to acquire. I can either private message the DM the mechanics of it now, or later if I get accepted, whichever they prefer.

Your Assistant: Bartholomew Chandruex is an unfortunate looking tiefling; short, squat, and hideous owing to the imp blood coursing through his veins. Rather than bemoan his lot in life, Bartholomew has embraced his impish heritage and accepted his role as a minion. For all that he lacks in aesthetics he is viciously cunning, an impeccable flatterer, and excellent at playing the role he’s been given. He has proven to be an invaluable lackey and has earned his spot by Ventius’s side when his ambitions are met. In his current role of headmaster’s assistant, his job is to ensure students of the academy are lawful, orderly and morally just; a lesson which often starts by punishing the students for making fun of his appearance. Some of these qualities are required to become true pupils of Ventius, but a large portion of his job is simply to present the illusion that the academy is operating as a typical magical academy.

Your Role: Ventius's primary role is headmaster of the magical academy. He is also more than happy to give advise on magical matters to the city when requested, and a condition of being enrolled at the academy is mandatory community service. He and his students do what they can to help ease the burden of the less well-to-do portions of the city, as he believes discontent creates chaos, and very few things are as abhorrent to Ventius as chaos. Although it isn't a condition of joining the school, graduates are expected to return if called upon, especially in defense of the city, and Ventius himself is ready and willing to lend the full might of his magic to the city should it come under attack.

His secret role is the training of evil wizards. When the time comes for him to ascent, Ventius wants an army of devil-worshipping spellcasters ready to serve him and further his diabolical goals.

What do you, the player, want: I want the rare chance to engage in not only high level play, but play that takes place on a local scale rather than the traditional adventure setup. I'm also interested in a game that can bring together (well, "together") characters of vastly different alignments and motivations, because that isn't typically something you get in a standard adventure. I think this game will provide a lot of unique storytelling opportunities and I'd love to see how all of these grand plans play out with/against one another. Additionally I haven’t written in quite some time, so I’m looking for a way to flex that muscle again while engaging in one of my favorite hobbies.

Also if I'm being honest playing as an actual devil would be incredibly fun, so I'm hoping to see my character's plans come to fruition.

RP Sample: WIP

Last edited by Behelit; Apr 6th, 2021 at 11:56 PM.
Old Mar 29th, 2021, 07:05 PM
Simply Doomed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1557
Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf
Whoa, where halfway there. Let me look upon your works and despair...and also ask some follow up questions:

The only thing I'll say is for everyone who has or is thinking of apply is think on a massive scale. You've got the resources of a city behind you, you don't need to be limited to or by the city
Old Mar 29th, 2021, 07:50 PM
Occasional Otyugh

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4406
Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach
Icereach#8108 | Gost, a campaign setting
Old Mar 29th, 2021, 08:10 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3525
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Old Mar 29th, 2021, 08:42 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
Old Mar 29th, 2021, 09:14 PM
Simply Doomed

Tools
User Statistics
Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf

Old Mar 29th, 2021, 09:58 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Is the Blood Money Spell allowed?
If so, would Mirrel be able to cast it in conjunction with the Fabricate spell to create items from his own life force, as the Material Component for Fabricate is the raw goods to be processed, which would be provided by Blood Money?

Last edited by triedtherest; Mar 29th, 2021 at 09:59 PM.
Old Mar 29th, 2021, 10:04 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4206
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
I will withdraw from application.

This is turning out not to be a thematic match for something I'd want to play long term. It has, to be sure, many great elements and talented writers queuing up - and wish you all the best of fortune with it.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled drawing (10).png
Views:	97
Size:	230.2 KB
ID:	90388  

Last edited by CatCanCook; Apr 6th, 2021 at 08:06 PM.
Old Mar 29th, 2021, 11:58 PM
Simply Doomed

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by triedtherest View Post
If so, would Mirrel be able to cast it in conjunction with the Fabricate spell to create items from his own life force, as the Material Component for Fabricate is the raw goods to be processed, which would be provided by Blood Money?
I don't see any reason RAW to deny that. But I'm also going to say that if that becomes too broken or game breaking or something else my potato mind cannot foresee at this stage, I'm going to need to tweak or disallow it
Old Mar 30th, 2021, 12:25 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3525
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Old Mar 30th, 2021, 09:11 AM
Purgare Wildlife Preserve

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1536
PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis
Old Mar 30th, 2021, 11:12 AM
Occasional Otyugh

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4406
Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach
Quote:
Originally Posted by triedtherest View Post
Out of curiosity, how would this work for items requiring more than 10 cu. ft. of material? Does Blood Money require the spell cast to be completed in the same round or merely begin casting?
Icereach#8108 | Gost, a campaign setting