RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Mar 30th, 2021, 02:47 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2362
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
I believe that it has to be completed in the same round, so anything requireing more than 10 cubic feet would not work for this idea.
Old Mar 31st, 2021, 02:57 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Behelit Behelit

Last edited by Behelit; Mar 31st, 2021 at 12:51 PM.
Old Apr 1st, 2021, 04:44 PM
Simply Doomed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1557
Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf
Old Apr 1st, 2021, 06:54 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Behelit Behelit

Last edited by Behelit; Apr 1st, 2021 at 06:55 PM.
Old Apr 2nd, 2021, 12:59 PM
Nargle

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 36456
ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu
An exercise in hubris, eh? I think I know just what archetype to take ...

Here are the bare bones of my concept. Please let me know if this start seems like a good fit or if anything should be tweaked.

Last edited by ekidnu; Apr 15th, 2021 at 01:57 AM. Reason: withdrawing app
Old Apr 2nd, 2021, 05:52 PM
Simply Doomed

Tools
User Statistics
Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf
Someone who wants to spy on the gods themselves? Can't possibly see the hubris in that at all!

Definetly a good idea, can't wait to see what you come up with
Old Apr 2nd, 2021, 07:49 PM
Definitely not a robot...

Tools
User Statistics
Jacobzilla Jacobzilla
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekidnu View Post
Idea: Curious to a fault, Delphyna wants to know everything. Knowledge may be power, and knowing may be half the battle, but her goal is knowledge for the sake of knowledge. What are the gods' plans? Where in hell did that devil come from? Who is Lady Chatterly's lover?

Mechanics: Since Delphyna's goal is quite broad and nebulous, I don't have a specific plan of attack. Certainly she will research the most powerful divination spells and seek to expand her network of informants and spies across the planes. She also wants to collect bits of everyone for scrying spells. Secrets are her currency, so she acts as an information broker to pay the bills. But I really don't have any more details on how she'll achieve her goal.
---
Role: Spymaster and illusionist. Queen of truth and fiction. She can uncover the enemy's darkest secrets, mollify the masses with illusory delights, and intimidate an army with a dragon from her mind's eye. Her primary role is likely chief of intelligence—you can't fix problems until you know what they are.
I see somewhat of an overlap between Llordaeron and Del. He doesn't focus as much on illusions but is heavily divination oriented and may undercut you. Llordaeron sees the deities as potential obstacles but his method involves intimidation to push them aside.
Where we differ may lie in his compulsion to practice certain sciences and medicine, involving mostly astronomy (beginning with the development of next generation telescopes and proceeding to colonization of other planets) and psychology (finding out the desires of the population and determing the best course after while subtly manipulating his enemies). Also early on I intend to harness the power of radiation to power our kingdom and can use it in combat if needed (there will be a research period and a public opinion poll during this time).
Could we coexist? I think so, but it's a lot of divination going on. My class is oracle and some of my feats revolve around divination. We could coordinate our divinings in some way and get more accurate and elaborate results on the plus side of things.
Give my description on page one a gander and see what you think. My name is Llordaeron Yaeru. And don't be afraid to friend me if you're interested in some teamwork Del.

Last edited by Jacobzilla; Apr 2nd, 2021 at 07:55 PM.
Old Apr 3rd, 2021, 07:09 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3216
Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik
Sorry for being so slow, but I have been thinking really hard about my concept. It is a bit late now, but Hopefully I will have finished writing it tomorrow.

Old Apr 4th, 2021, 08:03 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Behelit Behelit
My girfriend and I are running off to the family farmhouse for a couple of days; I'll complete my application when I return!
Old Apr 4th, 2021, 10:24 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8119
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50

Last edited by taleteller50; Apr 4th, 2021 at 10:32 PM.
Old Apr 5th, 2021, 12:17 AM
Simply Doomed

Tools
User Statistics
Old Apr 5th, 2021, 01:55 AM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8119
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
Question: For Languages are there only the racial based ones outlined in most RPG games our are their true regional/country based dialects?
Old Apr 5th, 2021, 11:09 PM
Of the Fartnocker Clan

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 42940
Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak
OK, I've held off as long as I could. Expressing interest, because I want to own the world.

A quick private question for PW.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	strahd.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	90502  

Last edited by Squeak; Apr 6th, 2021 at 10:51 AM.
Old Apr 6th, 2021, 12:39 AM
Simply Doomed

Tools
User Statistics
@taleteller for langauges, there isn't any regional or country dialects that you need to worry about. Just what stated under the lingusitics skill

I'd also like to say that I am now terrifed of the deadline, none of you are making it easy on me to decide here. I love all of these plans, keep them coming!
Old Apr 6th, 2021, 10:23 AM
Of the Fartnocker Clan

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 42940
Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak
Thanks for the feedback PW.

Last edited by Squeak; Apr 6th, 2021 at 10:31 AM.