twitter facebook

Notices

Old Mar 25th, 2021, 02:37 PM
Queen of Silly Ideas

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 651
ElCosoLoco ElCosoLoco ElCosoLoco ElCosoLoco ElCosoLoco ElCosoLoco
I could be interested, I've always wanted to play this campaign.

Lynnwen
right-aligned image
Name: Lynnwen Songwater
Class: Sorcerer (Divine Soul)
Race: Elf (Drow)
Alignment: Neutral Good
Background: Acolyte

Brief Description of character personality:
Lynnwen has a gentle and kind personality, with a playful side. She is usually quiet, but when she speaks she is very passionate. Growing up side by side with people of all races and walks of life means that Lynnwen is very casual around people of different heritages, cultures and ethnicities, more than would be expected of someone who never traveled far from home.
Her meditative, friendly nature makes Lynnwen feel ill at ease with violence, and prone to overthinking and second guessing herself.

Brief Backstory:
Lynnwen was born in the temple of Songwater Grove, a holy place next to an entrance to the Underdark, dedicated since a long time ago to the worship of Eilistraee. At Songwater, the more militant members of the clergy often carry out raids against Underdark drows to disrupt their activities and liberate slaves. Many of the rescued people choose to settle down at the temple and help out so Songwater is populated by many different people.
Lynnwen is the daughter of the head priestess, Yliss, and of her wife Qilvisa, the captain of the temple militia, who was born in the Underdark and fled because she couldn’t bear her people’s strict gender roles. The Eilistraite magic that enabled her conception is perhaps the reason behind Lynnwen’s sorcerous powers, which are clearly divine in nature. Because of them, she was brought up as a prospective next high priestess.
As a surface-born drow, Lynnwen is only familiar with her culture because of her parents’ tales, but once she came of age, she realized she couldn’t really understand what the purpose of her faith was unless she experienced the harsh, unforgiving nature of the Underdark and its inhabitants, and she decided to join the latest raid. Unfortunately, her party was ambushed, most of her companions died in the fight and the others were captured alongside her, including a Kenku priest of Selūne named Cicada.

Narrative Sample:
“Are you sure about this, Lynnwen?”
Her parents were staring at her with a grave and deep gaze.
“I am, Mothers,” the young elf spoke, “I am old enough, and I feel I cannot truly help you in leading our people to the Goddess until I do this. Even the best of healers cannot treat an illness they do not understand.”

That was not even a week ago. Walking along in the row of prisoners, gagged and tied hands and feet, Lynnwen felt extremely small and naive. She had been so passionate back then, so full of faith that her Goddess would protect her. After all, she had blessed her with magic.
But the terrible truth was that none of that had been of any help. The moon didn’t shine in the World Below.

“Move it, renegade. The Lady will want words with you.” the guard at her side snickered, prodding her with the blunt side of his spear.
Goddess deliver me.

Preferred pronouns: She/her
Timing: I'd rather move the deadline 2-4 hours later, but I'm fine either way.
Content: In general I'm ok with the site's limitations, I'd rather not see my character the target of sexual violence though.

Last edited by ElCosoLoco; Apr 5th, 2021 at 12:05 PM.
Old Mar 25th, 2021, 05:34 PM
Daytime Denizen

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 602
Jab Burrwalky Jab Burrwalky Jab Burrwalky Jab Burrwalky Jab Burrwalky Jab Burrwalky
Garibaldi
Name: Garibaldi
Race: Human (variant, +1 Int, +1 Wis, "Alert" feat)
Class: Wizard
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Background: Sage

Description: Bedraggled by slavery and torment, but normally scrawny and pale anyway. Slightly stooped or slouched posture. Shoulder length straight black hair, thin lips. He is not attractive, but not ugly either, just plain and a little unkempt. He has grey eyes and after the trauma of his capture, an often vacant look in them. He has a slight tremor in his left hand and rocks back and forth just slightly when standing or sitting still.

Narrative Sample: Garibaldi looked up from his studies to see that the oil lamp's wick had burned nearly to the stub. He looked at the moon and stars and realized there was already a pink haze on the horizon. he was alone in the secluded hut just out of sigh of Triboar. His master had left to Waterdeep to secure more rare compenents and ingredients. With no one to tell him to sleep, he just kept studying all night long. "Well, you could sleep, or you could just start getting up for morning chores and sleep later," he said to himself. Out loud. "Eh, sleeping now would just make it harder to get up in an hour. Best just get an early start." He got up to go feed and milk the one goat and feed the five chickens his master kept. As apprentice, animal tending was his duty.

He stood up, unsteady from the yet-unnoticed fatigue, and swayed for a moment. He regained his balance and headed for the door. He opened it and took a deep breath of the cool pre-dawn air. Summer mornings were the best for that. He stepped out into the pink light of the pre-dawn, and then blackness enveloped him. For a moment he thought he'd blacked out, but his over-tired mind was still aware enough to realize that he was fully conscious. He panicked thinking he'd gone blind. Then he heard voices. At first he thought it an hallucination, and panicked more. Then he realized he knew the language. It was elvish. But a harsh, coarse dialect he didn't fully comprehend. His panic turned to icy dread as he recognized what that must mean: Drow.

"We're running out of time!" one voice said, a male voice. "Cowardly male! Silence. Do as your told and grab him. I'll net let my sister out-do me on yet another raid," a female voice commanded in harsh whisper. Before he could entirely comprehend that he was being kidnapped, his tired brain thrust the words of an oft-memorized spell into his head. As he was about to utter the words to summon magic missiles to smite his attackers, but just as he spoke the first syllable a body slammed him to the ground and two mail-clad fingers jammed into his mouth and gripped his tongue tight, chipping his teeth. He tried to push back but then he heard the words of another spell he knew. The elvish form of the "Sleep" spell. He became drowsy and his struggling ceased as his limbs and eyes, already tired, become hopelessly torpid.

When next he awoke, he was underground, in the pitch black, naked to his underwear. He was gagged with a foul tasting cloth, and hands and feet painfully bound behind him. He felt other bodies next to him, shivering from the underground chill, as the cold bars of the caged wagon knocked into his head with every bump and rock in the path. This was the beginning of many months of torment, torture, and hard labor.

It was lonely, being a slave. Even though he worked on a crew of other slaves, they were beaten if they tried to speak. Sometimes they were beaten anyway, just because the drow found it funny. He'd been assigned to a Matriarch's personal home. To cleaning up her frequently occupied "guest" room where she let her worst enemies stay "free of charge" as she personally tortured them. After some months of it, he began to despair. Until one day, someone spoke to him. "Hey Gary!" It said. Garibaldi raised an eyebrow at the dark, flat figure on the floor. "My name's not Gary," he replied.
"Ehhh, yeah. I don't care. Now it is," his shadow insisted.
"Whatever... um. Who're you?" Garibaldi asked.
"I'm you! Or, the you you could be if you were better at being you, anyway!" That was a confusing non-answer. But Garibaldi didn't question it.
"Well, okay, so how do I become you?"
"Just by doing it, mostly. First step is to escape though."
"Oh you don't say? And just how am I supposed to do that?" Garibaldi snapped.
"Well... I could tell you, but then you wouldn't grooow from the experience, now would you? Nope. you gotta figure that out," his shadow said with a patronizing slowness... oddly reminiscent of Garibaldi's former master. And equally as infuriating.
"Well, fine then. You're no help at all," he said, as he went back to scrubbing the red floors of the Matriarch's "guest" room for the thirteenth time that day.

Meanwhile, his overseer, a strapping young drow lad wearing even less than the slaves were (just as the Matriarch liked it) stifled a chuckle as he watched Garibaldi twitching and mumbling and shrugging at nothing while wringing out the mop. "Another one gone mad. Always more entertaining that way," the drow said to himself.

Your preferred pronouns: He/Him
Posting Deadline: I can work with that.
Taboo content: Pretty much good with the site rules. Sexual violence is pretty much my only real taboo.

Last edited by Jab Burrwalky; Apr 1st, 2021 at 12:23 PM.
Old Mar 25th, 2021, 11:06 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3673
Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi
right-aligned image

Name: Rusted Root (Rust for short)
Class: Barbarian
Race: Tabaxi, Custom Origin (+2 STR, +1 CON)
Alignment: Neutral
Background: Outlander

Narrative Sample: Rust shifted from one foot to the other and peered into the blackness of the Underdark. If any warm-bodied creatures came down the passage toward the gallery where her small companions labored, her heat-sensitive vision would detect them. But for now, the darkness was reassuringly complete. Still, she could never afford to let down her guard entirely, and she gripped the stone-crafted staff that the pech had fashioned for her even tighter. Rust had stumbled upon the mysterious little tribe almost three months after living on her own in the Underdark wilderness, having broken free of her drow masters when a Svirfneblin raid disrupted their party en route from Mantol-Derith to Menzoberranzan. Living meagerly off young rothe that she ambushed and slew with her bare hands, the tabaxi had sought hopelessly for a path to the surface world that she had heard stories of from her parents before she was taken from the slave warrens of her birth to travel among the great cities of the dark elves. The tragic account was still passed from parent to child among her race, of the terrifying half scorpion-half man slavers that had raided her ancestral home and taken her people far from the beloved open sky. It was that sky she quested for when, half-starved, she had stumbled into a wondrous chamber housing a deep pool surrounded by lush growths of mushrooms, beside which the gentle beings from the elemental plane of earth had set up a home. The pech ministered to her until she was strong again and allowed her to settle in their grotto, and over nearly half a year they taught her to both revere the natural world and to survive in it, although they could never quite grasp that her connection to stone was not as deep as theirs. Still, she experienced a sense of peace and belonging that she had never dreamed possible, in her spartan and violent existence fighting for the entertainment of the brutal drow.

The young fugitive's reverie was broken when she realized that the sounds of hammering behind her had grown silent. She turned with a sense of foreboding, just as a panicked voice cried, "The stone sends warning. Run, child." She whirled to see the four pech miners seeming to melt into the stone, but before she could react a terrifying but all-too-familiar darkness fell over her, defying even her enhanced vision. A cold voice muttered, "What have we here?" With no time to wonder how her watchfulness had been evaded, her rising terror instead transformed to desperate rage. She screamed and charged blindly toward the voice with her claws extended. Rust barely felt the tiny prick of the needle striking her shoulder, but her limbs instantly grew leaden and she stumbled in her mad rush, crashing in a heap just inches from the boot of the drow wizard. Soul-shaking despair competed with the sleep poison to render her limbs dull and useless. As unconsciousness fell, the last words she heard were, "I recall hearing that one of them got lost in a raid last year. It still looks strong. Bizarre creatures."

Preferred pronouns: Private
Timing: I can't usually post between 6 am and noon CST but I could post the night before.
Content: No worries within site restrictions
Old Mar 26th, 2021, 01:27 PM
Adult Dragon Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2389
Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift
App
left-aligned image

Name: Venku Battle-Born Thugila
Class: Fighter - Battle Master
Race: Goliath
Alignment: NG
Background: Outlander - Tribal Nomad

Personality Trait
1: I’m driven by a wanderlust that led me away from home.
2: I place no stock in wealthy or well-mannered folk. Money and manners won’t save you from a hungry owlbear.

Bond
It is my duty to provide children to sustain my tribe.
My family, clan, or tribe is the most important thing in my life, even when they are far from me.

Ideal
Glory. I must earn glory in battle, for myself and my clan. (Any)

Flaw
There’s no room for caution in a life lived to the fullest.
Don’t expect me to save those who can’t save themselves. It is nature’s way that the strong thrive and the weak perish. (In line with the Goliath fair play mentality)

Narrative Sample:
The Disgraced Hunter

Venku Battle-Born Thugila left the tribe for his morning forage and collection of firewood. Upon discovery of a pool of blood which led to a pig being suspended in the air Venku realised he had stumbled into a trap, likely for something larger than himself. He attempted to leave but tripped a snare that if not for his quick reflexes would've pulled him into the air alongside the swine. It was then the scream was heard, a great Yeti knocked Venku too the side and tried to take the pig. Finally the hunter came out of hiding, a half-elf hunter with a missing ear tried to kill the creature with a well placed shot. The strong frozen winds buffeted against Venku's face making his vision blurry.

Out of desperation and the lack of bearing on his current location he ran into the fray. Shield on his left and spear thrust out from his right he struck the Yeti in the back, clear and bloody fluid rushed out as the Yeti in a last ditch effort threw a large branch at the hunter. Venku quickly lashed out again and struck the Yeti into the back of it's skull, already wounded and beaten the Yeti died at Venku's feet. The goliath shaken and hurt looked around for the hunter, only to find an abandoned backpack. Venku searched for tracks but oddly could find none despite this hunter running around on the snow.

Without warning Venku was shot at, the arrow whizzed by his face as the wind began to lessen he heard.

"You B*****d ! You stole my kill. "

Again Venku was shot at but this time his shield managed to take the blow. Venku charged at the hunter and let out a thrust however he had failed to notice the tip of his spear was broken, thus the hunter was struck with the blunt shaft. It was enough to knock the hunter down and caused him to roll away. Venku without need of invitation tried to runaway, he seemed to get pretty far back home but the wind and snow made it difficult to see. However the last thing Venku remembered was a sudden pain in his back and his world went black.

---------------------------------

Without any indication Venku's memories faded in and out. a wooden thing on wheels.....a wagon ? No...what wagon would get up this high

Before long he noted a change, the cold was different. Not the billowing frosted winds but a wet isolation within darkness. Now he could see better and what he was greeted with confused and concerned him. Venku saw that he was placed in a wagon, chained from hand to feet. Only rags of his former clothing on him and a sight he wished to never see. Drow, a drow slaver and a servant following with crossbow at the ready. Venku still too weak fell back into darkness, the screams of human and non-human slaves as his lullaby.

Pronouns: Private
Timing: More than able to post daily, time shouldn't be a problem. I'll just post as soon as I see a DM post, unless it's combat then I'll try and post at my turn.
Content: No hold's bar, I have no limits.

Last edited by Jasontheswift; Apr 4th, 2021 at 04:32 PM.
Old Mar 26th, 2021, 03:47 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3104
SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer
@Yoshimi, as it turns out, the Leonin from Mystic Odyssey of Theros is almost exactly the thing you're describing - a catperson with strength and con raises (though they're +1 str +2 con) and darkvision. Still have cat's claws, but no climb speed, just the combat use. Get one skill from a bunch of hunting-based options rather than stealth and perception, and the ability to do a terrifying roar in place of feline agility.

IDK if both you and Exfilia are cool with that, but since there's published rules that are such a good fit, I thought I'd mention them.
Old Mar 26th, 2021, 04:20 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 215
UGOTMERCd UGOTMERCd UGOTMERCd
ApplicationName: Justice (CS Listed as Naja)
Race: Tiefling
Class: Warlock (Hexblade)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Background: Urban Bounty Hunter
right-aligned image

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His
Timing: Acceptable as is. I should have no trouble with 1/day.
Content: I'm fine with anything. I understand that the website has policy, so I understand there are guidelines. But I also understand the idea of narrative and I'm able to compartmentalize.
That being said, I am sensitive and sympathetic to others needs. If the content of the game needs to be toned down or trigger warnings are necessary I willingly and easily adjust/comply.
----
I have taken the Oath of Sangus
Old Mar 26th, 2021, 09:19 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3673
Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi
@Snakeoilcharmer Thanks I thought about that actually. I play another game where someone is a leonin. But I don't have the sourcebook and it wasn't listed in the allowable sources for the this game (I do have TCOE). I kind of like the idea of having climb speed and feline agility in the underdark environment, so I went with the Tasha's ability score tweak to try and optimize chances of survival. But another party member who is leonin seems like it would be great if it were allowed.
Old Mar 26th, 2021, 09:25 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3104
SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshimi View Post
@Snakeoilcharmer Thanks I thought about that actually. I play another game where someone is a leonin. But I don't have the sourcebook and it wasn't listed in the allowable sources for the this game (I do have TCOE). I kind of like the idea of having climb speed and feline agility in the underdark environment, so I went with the Tasha's ability score tweak to try and optimize chances of survival. But another party member who is leonin seems like it would be great if it were allowed.
Eh, if you'd prefer to continue in the manner *DM has explicitly permitted* then we probably don't need to ask the question, unless someone else actually asks.
Old Mar 27th, 2021, 01:33 AM
Adult Dragon Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift
My app is done, I'll be refining it but I'd really appreciate feedback.
Old Mar 27th, 2021, 01:51 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
oakfed oakfed
Name: Saav
right-aligned image

Race: Elf (Drow)
Class: Warlock
Alignment: Neutral
Background: Urchin
Character Summary: Outcast renegade Great Old One warlock being driven by dreams of a library. (If someone else wants that alternate bond, we can rejig things a little)

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His
Timing: I'm retired and have free time, so once a day should be fine. I'll likely be posting in the evenings.
Content: I don't have any particular problems with any content, but aren't interested in overtly graphic scenes.

First draft character sheet is complete, but I may make small changes still.
Old Mar 27th, 2021, 11:37 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4773
Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeOilCharmer View Post
@Yoshimi, as it turns out, the Leonin from Mystic Odyssey of Theros is almost exactly the thing you're describing - a catperson with strength and con raises (though they're +1 str +2 con) and darkvision. Still have cat's claws, but no climb speed, just the combat use. Get one skill from a bunch of hunting-based options rather than stealth and perception, and the ability to do a terrifying roar in place of feline agility.

IDK if both you and Exfilia are cool with that, but since there's published rules that are such a good fit, I thought I'd mention them.
Thanks. MOoT is sitting on my shelf, too. So far I've only used the monsters. We'll let Yoshimi design the character, though. Climbing might come in more handing than hunting skills.

And I so want to run a MOoT game!

**resists--resists--resists...**
Old Mar 27th, 2021, 11:45 AM
Queen of Silly Ideas

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 651
ElCosoLoco ElCosoLoco ElCosoLoco ElCosoLoco ElCosoLoco ElCosoLoco
I'm fleshing out my character and, well, she's turning out really... peculiar in personality and background. I can't get it out of my head that her birth place is something close to a hippie commune.
Old Mar 29th, 2021, 11:37 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4773
Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasontheswift View Post
My app is done, I'll be refining it but I'd really appreciate feedback.
Really cool. Hope he's not claustrophobic, though, coz some of those tunnels....
Old Mar 29th, 2021, 03:33 PM
Adult Dragon Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
@Exfilia, well new fears can always be discovered.
Old Mar 31st, 2021, 03:42 AM
Mysterious Ice Ninja

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5522
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
Character Application
right-aligned image

CICADA
Race: Kenku | Class: Twilight DomainCleric
Background: Feature: Discovery
The quiet seclusion of your extended hermitage gave you access to a unique and powerful discovery. The exact nature of this revelation depends on the nature of your seclusion. It might be a great truth about the cosmos, the deities, the powerful beings of the outer planes, or the forces of nature. It could be a site that no one else has ever seen. You might have uncovered a fact that has long been forgotten, or unearthed some relic of the past that could rewrite history. It might be information that would be damaging to the people who consigned you to exile, and hence the reason for your return to society.

Work with your DM to determine the details of your discovery and its impact on the campaign.
Hermit

Character Summary: Cicada is a cleric of Selūne who lives his life in dedication to the tenets of the Lady of Silver. He is compassionate, patient, and humble, trying his best to help those around him, and he will gladly give his time and energy in the service of others who are out of balance in their lives. While his communication skills aren't always the best (as one might expect of someone incapable of normal speech), he feels deep empathy for others and possess a large amount of emotional fortitude. Cicada is rather whimsical, deriving a lot of joy from laughing at life's little absurdities, and it allows him to persevere when times are toughest.

Backstory:

Sample:

Content: Anything is fine with me!
Pronouns: He/Him

Last edited by Touketsu; Apr 15th, 2021 at 08:12 AM.