RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Mar 22nd, 2021, 05:11 PM
Is it nap time yet?

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4657
Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters
Lichy Business

Game NameLichy Business
Game SystemDnD 5e
ThemeDungeon Crawl
FlavourInfiltration
Plot Summary
introduction
"Nobody is a villian in their own story. We're all the heroes of our own stories" - George R. R. Martin

Sometimes motives are hard to discern, but I find the above quote to often be true. We always are the heroes in our stories; and maybe, just maybe....That is important to remember.

Welcome to my game! This game will be a dungeon crawl, It will be probably about 70% combat, 20% puzzles/riddles, 10% Interactions. Yes I know, another Rollplay game, I am sorry, but I think we can survive together!

This will be based on a module; I am not going to say which though. If you recognize it, that is fine, but keep in mind it will be based off of it, not followed to the letter. I may add or remove as I see fit!

setting information
Near the village of Daggerford on the Sword Coast, the Red Wizards of Thay plotted to extend the evil r each of their land and its master, the lich lord Szass Tam. At a site called Bloodgate Keep they built a powerful portal, fueled by elemental nodes, that could allow Thayans to instantly transport whole armies into the very heart of the Sword Coast. With this power, the Red Wizards would surely overthrow and take control of the North.

However, groups of heroes recently assaulted Bloodgate Keep and its master, the lich Tarul Var. With the help of a renegade Red Wizard named Mennek Ariz, this assault was successful. Bloodgate Keep fell, and Szass Tam’s plans of invasion were crushed. What no one expected, though, was that despite the fall of the keep itself, parts of the Bloodgate Nexus(an interconnect series of teleportation circles) survived, and a Thayan Resurrection cell leader named Syranna devised a way to use it against Szass Tam. Syranna had been part of the team that originally assembled the Bloodgate Nexus, and knew that the remaining nodes allowed direct access to a secret Thayan training ground known as the Doomvault.

This adventure takes place in the Doomvault.

Character Creation
Level:10
Ability Scores: 4d6 reroll 1 and 2s Please roll stats here. Please use the following code "6x4d6rc1,2kh3".
HP: Max at first level; Afterwards you can take HD +1 or roll a d1-1; your choice.
Backgrounds allowed. Run all feat selections by me.
Race: Any official WOTC Race is allowed, anything else please ask. Note: Evil races or race bias is not a big issue here. Have fun!
classes: Any official WOTC class is allowed, anything else please ask.
Wealth: 17,000gp. Please include of list magic items you would wish to have in your application and I will price them.
Books allowed: All official WOTC material. Anything else please ask.

I have two players I have already accepted. I will update what class/races they choose once they have given me a solid answer

Background This is what will set you apart from anyone else who applies. Go crazy, and have fun! You can set your character history at any point in Forgotten Realms history; up to 1409 DR. The only restriction is that your character has died of unnatural causes, with life left to live and goals left to complete. Please explain the events leading up to this horrible tragedy.

Player Name Character Name Race Class
StadiumiteTiniazLeoninFighter/Warlock
MaestrosityPrutharOrcFighter
triedtherestIchabod CrowHumanCleric
1Skell Harun of TheskCustomWizard
JaredSyn Rohan WildheartFirbolgDruid
DrachenspiritAnef MenayuKhenraPaladin/Monk
Jrod Agrex AtrodanDragonbornPaladin/Warlock
Seekr34Atwood DravenDhampirRanger
DanshiiWithWulfsThe RavenwarforgedWizard/Cleric

DeadlineI will set a hard deadline of 4/1. I will accept 4 characters.
Stop on by for a Fireside Tale

Last edited by Master of Monsters; Mar 29th, 2021 at 08:17 PM.
Old Mar 22nd, 2021, 05:42 PM
Is it nap time yet?

Tools
User Statistics
Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters
PSA: oh, and as far as wealth goes; wise bet is to spend as much as you can. Who knows when the first shop will be in a dungeon!
Old Mar 22nd, 2021, 08:31 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1601
Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite
Interested.

Do you want us to roll in the ad thread? Or will that happen after we have been accepted? If we roll later, I assume we can re-arrange the stats to match the race/class we included in the application?
Old Mar 22nd, 2021, 08:41 PM
Is it nap time yet?

Tools
User Statistics
I have a request for a game forum pending. I assume as a CS it wont take too long. If rolling is vital to your character creation process, in my signature is a link to my current game, feel free to roll in that dice thread.
Old Mar 22nd, 2021, 08:52 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite
Completed Application

Tiniaz (and Motesai)

Race: Leonin
Class: Fighter 6 (Champion) / Warlock 4 (Genie Patron)
Background: Soldier
Alignment: Neutral (It's complicated)

Backstory
Tiniaz was a loyal and upright soldier - a member of The Watch in Baldur's Gate. He was strong and charismatic. He followed the rules, fought for good, and rose through the ranks. He was renowned for his two handed fighting, with a sword in his right hand, and using his feline claw as a second attack.

He was sent on a patrol one day, to snuff out a dangerous group of bandits. He and his companions routed the bandits. While dividing the spoils from this victory, he found a ring, which appeared to be magical. He tried on this ring, and soon he learned that it bonded him to an Efreeti called "Abaz Motesai" in a far off realm.

Using the ring gave Tiniaz power. For the first time in his life he could work magic. As a soldier, the appeal of adding these abilities to his tactics was hard to resist. Over time, Motesai gained more and more influence over Tiniaz' actions. Eventually He left The Watch, and began to stray from his lawful ways. He wandered about, often on quests given to him by Motesai.

One day Motesai commanded Tiniaz to assassinate a wealthy merchant. Tiniaz reluctantly agreed to this, as his will had eroded to a great extent. And he succeeded. But he was wounded and captured in the process. And put to death for his crime.

Personality traits: Tiniaz is always disciplined, polite, and respectful
Ideal: The thing that keeps any group of people together is mutual respect and a well understood chain of command.
Bond: Tiniaz is bonded to Motesai. He has little choice but to follow the Efreeti's demands.
Flaws: More than anything, Tiniaz is a divided soul. Between the disciplined soldier he was raised to be, and the renegade that Motesai has turned him into.

Items: (Please price these items)
Cloak of Protection
Potion of Greater Healing
+1 Chain Mail Armor
+1 Longsword

Ability Score Improvements
Fighter 4: Feat - Dual Wielder
Fighter 6: Score improvement - STR +2
Warlock 4: Score Improvement - STR +1, CHA +1

Ability Rolls
STR 18 (14 +1 for race, +2 from Ability Score Improvement, +1 from Ability Score Improvement)
DEX 14
CON 14 (12 +2 for race)
INT 9
WIS 14
CHA 18 (+1 from Ability Score Improvement)

D&D Beyond Sheet

Last edited by Stadiumite; Mar 24th, 2021 at 11:18 AM.
Old Mar 22nd, 2021, 09:32 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master of Monsters View Post
I have a request for a game forum pending. I assume as a CS it wont take too long. If rolling is vital to your character creation process, in my signature is a link to my current game, feel free to roll in that dice thread.
I took you up on your offer to roll in your thread. The link to my rolls is in my application above.

Sorry, still not sure if I have done this right. Is the intent that we take the total of 4 dice, or are we dropping the low die after the rerolls? And can we re-arrange the order? (I always use standard array builds in my games.)

Last edited by Stadiumite; Mar 22nd, 2021 at 09:40 PM.
Old Mar 22nd, 2021, 09:44 PM
Is it nap time yet?

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stadiumite View Post
I took you up on your offer to roll in your thread. The link to my rolls is in my application above.

Sorry, still not sure if I have done this right. Is the intent that we take the total of 4 dice, or are we dropping the low die after the rerolls? And can we re-arrange the order? (I always use standard array builds in my games.)
Oh sorry! I didnt explain. Yes you drop the 4th die after you reroll all 1s and 2s. Easy way to do this is to roll the following code "6x4d6rc1,2kh3". That will roll 4d6, 6 times. Then it will reroll 1's and 2's, then keep your highest 3 die rolls. Feel free to try it in my dice thread.
Old Mar 22nd, 2021, 10:12 PM
Daytime Denizen

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 602
Jab Burrwalky Jab Burrwalky Jab Burrwalky Jab Burrwalky Jab Burrwalky Jab Burrwalky
WIP app

Race:
Class: Paladin
Background:
Old Mar 22nd, 2021, 10:23 PM
E X N O X L U X

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5050
ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex
Hi MoM, are UA Rangers allowed?

Last edited by ElderOblex; Mar 25th, 2021 at 08:06 AM.
Old Mar 22nd, 2021, 10:25 PM
Is it nap time yet?

Tools
User Statistics
Hell no.....

*Looks at them* Urgh, okay yes. That looks completely reasonable.
Old Mar 23rd, 2021, 10:09 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1356
Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity
Pruthar
right-aligned image

Name: Pruthar
Race: Orc
Background: Outlander
Class: Fighter

Trait: I place no stock in wealthy or well-mannered folk. Money and manners won't save you from a skilled soldier.
Trait: I've lost too many friends, and I'm slow to make new ones.
Ideal: In life as in war, the stronger force wins.
Bond: I'll never forget the crushing defeat my army suffered or the enemies who dealt it.
Flaw: My hatred of my enemies is blinding and unreasoning.

Feats:
  • Level 4: Great Weapon Master
  • Level 6: Sentinel
  • Level 8: Crusher
I took the liberty to look them up in the Sane Magical Prices pdf. It should be fine according to that source. Let me know if you use other prices, so I can adjust accordingly Items:
History from Pruthar's perspective: As a child, Pruthar heard some stories about his home, but not many. It was supposed to be a place where the orcish deities were truly revered, and where the orcs were superior to every other life form. The land he grew up in was vastly different. Raised in a military camp, Pruthar knew only war. He was trained from a young age. At first, he had acted as a scout, spending long periods of time alone in the wilderness between the Mulhorandi cities. Later he joined the official ranks of the army. Led by their mighty clerics, he fought countless battles. He even witnessed from afar that his orcish god Gruumsh slew the Mulhorandi god Re. It felt like it would be a matter of only a few years before this world would be like the home he had never known. But things turned out differently.
Having learned the use of magic, Pruthar climbed the ranks in the army and got to lead his own squadron. His soldiers followed him with true conviction. They knew their odds were good while Pruthar was with them. Even though news of the orcs losing terrain came to them more and more often, Pruthar and his squadron never gave up hope. They fought to conquer and managed to win most of their battles, and escape the ones they didn't.
When Pruthar and his men rode through a mountain pass, Pruthar looked up at the sky, moments before a gigantic boulder hit him. And so the mighty orc met his untimely and anti-climactic doom.

History from an OOC perspective: Pruthar is born in -1084 DR on the Gray Orc's homeworld, though he has no memories of it. He was brought to Faerun as a young child. There he grew up in a military camp, being groomed to fight in the Orcgate Wars. The battle he witnessed is known as the Battle of the Gods. Not fully aware the war was being lost, Pruthar felt he still had a part to play when he met his end. In the more than 2000 years that passed in the meantime, the part of Mulhorand where Pruthar lived, became Thay.
Old Mar 23rd, 2021, 10:31 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2362
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
Application
right-aligned image

Name: Ichabod Crow
Race: Variant Human
Class: Cleric (Arcana Domain)
Background: Hermit
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Personality traits: I am utterly serene, even in the face of danger. I attribute everything that happens to me to a Grand Plan. MY Plan!
Ideal: Power: Solitude and Contemplation are paths towards mystical or magical power!
Bond: I am still seeking the enlightenment I pursued in my seclusion and it still eludes me.
Flaw: I'd risk too much to uncover a lost bit of knowledge

Backstory

Ability Score Rolls
STR: 16
DEX: 14 (13 + 1 from Race)
CON: 20 (18 + 1 from Resilient, + 1 from ASI)
INT: 16
WIS: 20 (18 + 1 from ASI, + 1 from Race)
CHA: 12

Feats/ASI's
1) Resilient: Constitution
4) ASI: Constitution/Wisdom +1 each
8) War Caster

Desired Magic Items (Subject to cost and DM Approval)
Rare Item 1: Boots of Speed 6000
Rare Item 2: Cloak of Displacement 7800
Uncommon Item 1: Sentinel Shield 410
Uncommon Item 2: Mithral Half Plate Armour 750+250
Uncommon Item 3: Bag of Holding 295
Uncommon Item 4: Goggles of the Night 720
re: 775 GP

Last edited by triedtherest; Mar 28th, 2021 at 08:00 PM.
Old Mar 23rd, 2021, 02:03 PM
Is it nap time yet?

Tools
User Statistics
Please roll stats here
Old Mar 23rd, 2021, 02:13 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7423
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
So if you already have two are there only two slots open?
Old Mar 23rd, 2021, 02:23 PM
Is it nap time yet?

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredSyn View Post
So if you already have two are there only two slots open?
6 slots total, have 2 need 4