RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Mar 24th, 2021, 03:14 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7423
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
Gavin Berenbur
right-aligned image

Intended Role: Healing, Support
Name: Rohan (Pronounced Ro' In) Wildheart
Race: Firbolg
Class: Druid (Circle of Sheperd Planned)
Background: Faction Agent (Keeper of the Oldwood)
Personality:
  • I am tolerant (or intolerant) of other factions and respect (or condemn) the ideals of other organizations.
  • I believe if everyone shared the beliefs of my faction the world would be a better place.
Bond:
  • I will do anything to protect the faction I represent.
Flaw:
  • My conviction sometimes leads me to blindly trust those that support and praise my faction.
Ideal:
  • Charity. I always try to help those in need, no matter what the personal cost.
Description: Rohan is somewhat typical of his kind standing seven feet and seven inches in height with deeply tanned skin and an average build. His hair is a light golden brown and is worn long pulled back behind his ears and down his backside. He typically has branches or leaves even tangled in his hair which add to his more wild appearance. He has a beard but strangely enough seems to keep it short and groomed unlike the rest of his appearance. He has emerald eyes which seem to see past peoples outward appearance and into their very soul.
History: Rohin was born deep in the heart of the Oldwood, prophesized by the village seer. Even from a very young age it was expected that one day he would do great things. As he grew it became obvious he was gifted by the gods, among his elders this was a sign for a brighter future. However among his peers there were many who held his gifts against him, disliking Rohan for the attention he received and the way elders looked to him. Rohan was wise even from a young age beyond the wisdom of his peers, and once he was old enough he made the decision to leave the tribe and find his own way in the Oldwood sequestering himself away, so that he might commune with nature and serve it in turn.

Alone in the Oldwood, Rohan befriended the animals and creatures that dwelled there, aiding them whenever he was able. Perhaps that in itself was the reason for the visitor who arrived one day. Little did Rohan know but the Seer of his tribe had reached out to the Keepers of the Oldwood upon his birth informing them of his birth and over the years updated them. Rohan enjoyed his life in the heart of the forest, and never expected a visitor to knock upon his door. Upon opening it, Rohan saw an elven man dressed in white robes, carrying an oaken staff its crest the shape of a stags head. Having interacted with elves before Rohan welcomed the man in offering him food and drink. As they ate the man identified himself as Galidrael Brightmane, Keeper of the Oldwood. Growing up Rohan had heard of the Keeper's informed about them by the Seer. While they ate Galidrael informed Rohan that the Keepers had been watching him much of his life in secret, and had come to the conclusion that his gifts and his kindness would serve them well.

Galidrael informed Rohan that it had been decided that he was to become one of their order, a protector of the Oldwood and join them at the Circle of the Oldwood. Rohan understood what a great honor it was to even be considered, and looked to the man in awe. Rohan had always been told he was special, gifted even and would one day do great things for all of the realm in Thylea's name. Rohan listened as Galadriel told him of the Order and their purpose, but did not go into too great of a detail. The next morning packing up his meager possessions Rohan returned with Galidrael to the Circle of the Oldwood a place only the Keepers dared enter. He was in awe as he looked around at the monolilthic stones which circled the grove. Over the course of the next ten years Rohan studied under Galidrael tutelage. Rohan had come to truly love his place within the Order and finally was accepted fully into the Order as a member. That night after the initiation Galidrael pulled him aside speaking to him softly. Galidrael informed him that his time within the grove had come to an end, he was meant to leave the grove and seek out the Oracle in Mytros. There he would find his true path, and the purpose for his gifts. The next morning as Rohan prepared to depart Galidrael paid him one final visit presenting him with a similar staff to his own. Bidding him farewell in Thlyea's name.

Taking the staff Rohan looked to his mentor and smiled. Rohan promised to uphold the tenets of the Keepers and to always protect those of the natural world from those who would cause it harm. A final farewell and Rohan set forth on his way to meet with the Oracle leaving behind the only life he had ever known for Mytros.

Magic Items
TBD

Sources
Dungeon Master's Guide
Players Handbook
Volo's Guide to Mansters
Xanathar's Guide to Everything

Last edited by JaredSyn; Mar 24th, 2021 at 08:22 PM.
Old Mar 24th, 2021, 04:54 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18061
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Application
right-aligned image

Name: Anef Menayu
Race: Khenra
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Class: Oath of ConquestPaladin 8 / Monk 2
Homeland: Born in Amonkhet, raised in Waterdeep and surrounding area
Background: Faction Agent - Order of the Gauntlet

Appearance: Anef stands six feet tall from the pads of his feet to the top of his head; his ears shooting up a few inches higher than that. He weighs a lean one hundred and seventy four pounds. He wears no armor, but his odd looking longsword is always noticeable. His loose leather attire is colored almost solely in black and gold, with the occasional red. The Order of the Gauntlet symbol is clearly worn, though it has a black heart symbol

Personality: Anef is quite cheerful and optimistic, though he can be quite direct. His attitude is almost always focused in someway on his goals and most times that of his order. He's loyal to a fault to those he takes a stand with, and if you fight alongside him, you have a friend for life.

Magic Items

Sources

Last edited by Drachenspirit; Mar 28th, 2021 at 08:23 PM. Reason: spelling errrrrors
Old Mar 24th, 2021, 05:17 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3525
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Since we are 10th level, the DM guide as 1 uncommon item. Do we get that free?

Also, I don't know if this is what you go by, but found this site with prices for most items. The last page says why certain items aren't priced.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8X...BicmpmUDg/view
Old Mar 24th, 2021, 05:25 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1211
Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekr34 View Post
Since there is no mention of a free item and we are given starting gold to buy our equipment/magic items, I think it is safe to assume the answer is no.

Quote:
Also, I don't know if this is what you go by, but found this site with prices for most items. The last page says why certain items aren't priced.
I know that our DM has his own tables for calculating prices and I can tell you they are not set prices. You will be at the whim of the dice.
1 Peter 1:13-16
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Old Mar 24th, 2021, 05:50 PM
Is it nap time yet?

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4657
Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachenspirit View Post
Working on a Paladin, Oath of Conquest. Is Khenra an acceptable race?
I am not familiar with that race, what source is it from. If it is an official WOTC source, then yes.

Quote:

No free item, 17000 gold instead.

No I do not use that, but i'll keep it for my records. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenjitsu View Post
I know that our DM has his own tables for calculating prices and I can tell you they are not set prices. You will be at the whim of the dice.
This is correct. I like using dice for price, because I do not assume every shop has an expert to correctly judge the value of an item. So someone might not realize that ring of wish is powerful....just pretty...ect.
Stop on by for a Fireside Tale
Old Mar 24th, 2021, 06:21 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master of Monsters View Post
I am not familiar with that race, what source is it from. If it is an official WOTC source, then yes.
It is.
Here's the link.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; Mar 24th, 2021 at 06:21 PM.
Old Mar 24th, 2021, 06:25 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1356
Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity
Now that I know the way you calculate prices, I'm eager to find out what Pruthar's list is worth. Or will the values only be disclose when the characters are accepted?
Old Mar 24th, 2021, 07:11 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1208
Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod
Application status=Complete
right-aligned image

Name: Agrex Atrodan the “Spine Splitter”
Race: Copper Dragonborn
Class: Paladin/ Warlock
Subclass Conquest 4 / Hexblade 6
Background:Soldier

OOC:

Last edited by Jrod; Mar 29th, 2021 at 09:26 AM.
Old Mar 24th, 2021, 07:36 PM
Is it nap time yet?

Tools
User Statistics
Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachenspirit View Post
Thats fine. Make sure that link is on your sheet.
Old Mar 24th, 2021, 07:41 PM
Is it nap time yet?

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestrosity View Post
Now that I know the way you calculate prices, I'm eager to find out what Pruthar's list is worth. Or will the values only be disclose when the characters are accepted?

Last edited by Master of Monsters; Mar 24th, 2021 at 07:41 PM.
Old Mar 24th, 2021, 08:07 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
Are we doing character sheets prior to being selected into game? I will adjust items.
Old Mar 24th, 2021, 08:42 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Hmm...since we don't know the cost of magical items, here is my list. Granted, won't be able to afford half of them, but at least it'll give me more choice of options.

Amulet of Health
+1 Armor
+2 Armor
+1 Arrows
Bag of Holding - 295gps
Belt of Giant Strength of 21 (rare)
Boots of Elvenkind
Bracers of Archery
Cape of the Mountebank
Cloak of Invisibility
+1 Cloak of Protection
Gauntlets of Orge Power
Glamoured Studded Leather
Hat of Disguise
Heward's Handy Haversack
Mace of Disruption
Mithral Armor (Medium)
Potions of Healing (8d4+8) (rare)
Quiver of Ehlonna
Periapt of Health
Periapt of Proof Against Poison
Periapt of Wound Closure
+1 Ring of Protection
Ring of Feather Falling
Ring of Free Action
Ring of Mind Shielding
Ring of Warmth
Ring of Water Walking
Ring of X-Ray Vision
Slippers of Spider Climbing
+1 weapon
+2 Weapon
Winged Boots
Old Mar 24th, 2021, 08:53 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Lookup sane magic item prices there is a pdf that is good.
Old Mar 24th, 2021, 08:59 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=87972
Name: Atwood Draven
Race: Dhampir
Class: Ranger - Archetype: Gloom Stalker
Personality: Because life threw him a bump in the road of life, it isn't easy for him to fit in with others. So he has trouble trusting others. He keeps to himself mostly, but once he is excepted, he becomes more open. He prefers the forest than cities for obvious reasons and for him, more relaxing and less tension. Sure, the forest as its own dangers, but at least he knows what to expect and he is able to be part of the forest. He could never fit in the city.

Appearance: He stands at 6 feet even, a slender build, but slightly gaunter than people would expect. Long dark hair down to his upper back, sometimes has it in a ponytail. His eyes also dark, his skin though, the opposite, which is unusually pale. During the day, he wears brown and green and cloak, typical ranger style. At night, he refers to his all black style, becoming one with the darkness. A bow at his back and a sword at each hip and a dagger sheathed at each thigh and each rib. He looks like he can handle himself by the way he moves, although he could use more meat on him.
right-aligned image

Background Trait: Outlander
Personality Trait: I feel far more comfortable around animals than people.
Ideal: The natural world is more important than all the constructs of civilization.
Bond: An injury to the unspoiled wilderness of my home is an injury to me.
Flaw: I remember every insult I've received and nurse s silent resentment toward anyone who's ever wronged me.
Background:

Last edited by Seekr34; Mar 27th, 2021 at 02:55 PM.
Old Mar 24th, 2021, 09:50 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Well, there's my Paladin/Monk. I'll probably add to his History some more to finish his background once the magic item cost is rolled.
Been wanting to create a tenacious, fighting Khenra ever since I saw the WOTC material on that plane a while back. There's a lot of races that would do better in the role I have him in, but this is exactly the feel and fit I was looking for.
Hope he makes the cut so I can do him justice!

Last edited by Drachenspirit; Mar 24th, 2021 at 09:55 PM.