User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Lost Land Lost Land
The World Largest Dungeon

Game NameThe World Largest Dungeon
Game SystemPathfinder
ThemeOld School dungeon crawl
FlavourNavigating through a huge dungeon, starting from level 1 to 20+
Plot SummaryPREPARE FOR THE ADVENTURE OF TWO LIFETIMES!

Still pinning for the dungeoneering days of your youth?
Yearning for one epic adventure that take your
party from lackey to legend?

THE ULTIMATE CHALLENGE HAS FINALLY ARRIVED...

Over 1,600 Encounters - A mammoth dungeon unlike any other!
Every monster in the SRD* - And a few you've never seen before!
16 poster-size maps - Enough to cover an entire gameroom wall!
840 pages of fantasy entertainment -Enough for an entire party to
grow from level 1 to 20 and more

*The SRD referred to is more or less the bestiary 1, still big enough!

HISTORY

Millennia ago, the celestials built a great dungeon. Within it, the celestials erected mammoth walls, locks, doors and traps. It warded off those who would enter, but also walled in those who would escape: it was a dungeon larger than any ever known. Within the celestials imprisoned hellish undead, demonic beasts, and fiendish monstrosities.
It was a perfect construction. Before the first dwarf would ever be born to sculpt stone, angels and celestials carved a work of art that no one would ever see. Perfect in every detail, it would stand inviolate for thousands of years. But none can say why the gods ordered demons and liches to be entombed and not destroyed. And in time, the gods would rue their mercy.

Centuries passed and the tomb stood unchanged. The champions who protected humanity from the liches and hezrou and pit fiends stood vigilant guard, ready to spend eternity in honor of the gods. But time passed over the celestials. The world forgot its heroes. Even the heavens turned a blind eye to the angels, inevitables, and guardians serving out their destiny entombed in the earth.

No one is sure how much time passed; history has forgotten the quest of the celestial heroes. One thing is certain: the earth is an unforgiving mistress and her power cannot be held back.

An earthquake cracked the foundation of the dungeon. The rift spread for miles, nearly ripping the dungeon in two. Into the rift flowed magma, but it did not boil the occupants of the dungeon. The temperature rose beneath the earth, and cold home of the unloving became capable of sustaining life.

It was not long before the derro came. They made their home among the rocks and tombs. Many of the traps set throughout the dungeon had been triggered, and creatures that the celestials had sworn to entomb eternally had escaped. In time, more subterranean creatures would make their homes in the rock. All the while, celestials contained the truest evils in the heart of this prison.

Then another earthquake pushed jagged earth through the dungeon floor, destroying a large portion of its foundation. Driders and drow dug beneath the rock and rubble to make their homes. The same earthquake tore a hole in the ceiling, and flying beasts like the arrowhawk and belker perched on the highest plateaus of their underground sanctuary.

As the dungeon’s population grew, so did the celestials’ fear that mankind would be destroyed by its inhabitants. Two titans made the long journey to the mountains and stood guard at the entrance and exit to the tombs, in eternal vigil.

Time passed. Few monsters made the climb down from the surface or pushed up from below. Only the strongest made a home in the debris of the prison. Eventually, more derro came, bringing other diggers with them. When they required more room, the derro dug deeper.

The burrowing derro caused a massive landslide, bringing thousands of pounds of earth and millions of gallons of water crashing in.Hundreds of demo and duergar died and the survivors moved deeper into the dungeon. Enlisting every manner of enslavable race, the derro crossed a giant chasm and started digging again.

Within the last hundred years, the dungeon has seen unprecedented activity. Every manner of creature lives in the dungeon. An elder treant and its elven entourage have made a refuge in the westernmost portion, while the undead have remained entombed at the northernmost point since the dungeon’s creation. The core of the dungeon (Regions F and G) show the greatest sign of conflict, with angels and devils waging a war that must end poorly. Lastly, the exit has seen a change of power that will stymie heroes who think they’re “almost done.”

The Worlds Largest Dungeon represents years of adventuring. Do not tread lightly, but raise your swords high.

WHAT ARE YOU GETTING INTO
As the name implied, this is a gigantic dungeon crawl. It is old school in the sense that there are multitude of monsters, and treasures, but no overarching plot to take over the world or such. There are factions at war within each region: It will be your choice to ally with one or the other, or just kill them all. This dungeon does not purport grandiose ideal. This is a dungeon crawl where ultimately everything is fair game.

What makes it special in a way is that there is only 1 exit (the entryway is one-way). You will have to plow through multitude of adversaries to escape the dungeon. If you succeed, you will be heroes of legend, as you abilities will be epic. But because you are "imprisoned" within it's walls, you will have to be self sufficient, and it will tax your limit in ways you might not have expected.

WHO ARE YOU?
You are a group of 7 would-be heroes thrown together by magic. You've become a pawn in the new incarnation of the dungeon. Maybe you are here for the entertainment for a higher power. Maybe this is a crucible to discover the strongest heroes of Golarion. One thing seems certain. You feel that you are being watched. Not judged. Watched. Good or bad you are suck in a situation where there is no other way than to go forward. Almost everybody, everything, will be against you, trying to stop you. It is up to you to decide what you want to do. Are you looking for revenge? for glory? To escape? One escape is easy. Dying. But dying is like giving up. do you want to give up?

This adventure is about fighting. it's about traps. It can be about diplomacy or intimidation if you feel clever to talk your way through. Maybe you can take charge of a tribe of giant and with your army conquer the rest of the dungeon. Maybe you can pit eternal enemies against each other. However you do it, there will be rivers of blood.

What you should not be? A druid will find trees very far between. and remember, it's dark underground. very dark.
Old Mar 22nd, 2021, 07:47 PM
Playin' Dungas and Dragos

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19201
pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90
An old-school dungeon crawl? Count me in! What sort of posting rate are you looking for? And what would you like to see in a character application?

Have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Settling into a work pattern. Mid-week is busy, close to weekends, clear for posting
Old Mar 23rd, 2021, 10:35 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 30578
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Hahaha and I thought I was crazy with Rappan Athuk... I still have WLD on my shelf, this untamed monster.
Old Mar 23rd, 2021, 03:24 PM
Is Everything.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2382
Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonZar View Post
Hahaha and I thought I was crazy with Rappan Athuk... I still have WLD on my shelf, this untamed monster.
That doesn't mean you're not crazy...
Old Mar 23rd, 2021, 03:55 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 136
Chapsbown Chapsbown
I love old school dungeon crawl. Although I don't know much about the system (other than playing the game Pathfinder: Kingmaker).
I'll study it a little bit and may come with an application.
Old Mar 23rd, 2021, 04:28 PM
Evil inside ®

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7095
LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon
I will use the weekend for an application. When is the application dead line?
Old Mar 23rd, 2021, 04:38 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 820
Yamaneko Yamaneko Yamaneko Yamaneko Yamaneko Yamaneko Yamaneko
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonZar View Post
We've been playing it for seven years, really six since covid shut things down and we're closing on the finish finally. Pending certain outcomes, we've only "skipped" one region so far. I still figure we're two years out before we finish. Though so as to not scare others, we average playing only once a month live. It's an awesome setting.

I'm thinking of running Rappan Athuk once covid lifts.

Last edited by Yamaneko; Mar 23rd, 2021 at 04:39 PM.
Old Mar 23rd, 2021, 05:32 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2525
Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s
I would like to know more about character creation rules.
Old Mar 23rd, 2021, 07:12 PM
*woof*

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7113
jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven
I'd like to join this one.

I've heard about the worlds largest dungeon but never played (or read through) it.

What do you want?
Backstory? Completed sheet? Subtle giftbasket bribery?

-me
Old Mar 23rd, 2021, 09:07 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 71524
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
interest
Old Mar 24th, 2021, 08:03 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2362
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
Would the Undead Lord Cleric Archetype be allowed, and not cause problems in this game?
Old Mar 24th, 2021, 09:38 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 55
Balthazzar
Interested

I am an old school player (35 years) but am new to rpgcrossing.

I'm interested in playing.

I am quite familiar with Pathfinder.

I am interested in playing an Elven Unchained Rogue (Glory Rogue/Scout/Counterfeit Mage).

Last edited by Balthazzar; Mar 25th, 2021 at 09:17 AM.
Old Mar 24th, 2021, 09:59 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 55
Balthazzar
Being new I don't know how this works. Let me know if you need an application of some kind.
Old Mar 25th, 2021, 06:52 AM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 71524
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthazzar View Post
Being new I don't know how this works. Let me know if you need an application of some kind.
You are on the right track, @B... once the Game Master returns to answer some questions, he'll probably post his desires for application (format, requirements, etc.). So...stay tuned!
Old Mar 25th, 2021, 07:12 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 30578
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
He will probably faint about the amount of excitement WLD created. You guys are all masochism.