RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Mar 26th, 2021, 04:01 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1356
Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity
Great! Unless you're uncomfortable with a race with which you're not too experienced in your game, I'll try to get an app up next week.
Old Mar 26th, 2021, 04:18 PM
Inter-dimensional Witch

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3095
briar briar briar briar briar briar briar briar briar briar briar
I'm always open to new things like that. We'll give it a whirl, I'll think about how they might fit into the world at large.
Old Mar 26th, 2021, 04:51 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1079
WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi
Name: Delaclya Moonwhisper
Race: Wood Elf
Class: Druid
Personality: A friendly gal and open. Pretty much a free spirit. While she gets along with almost anyone, she feels mostly at home in the forest. A place with too many buildings can be a bit overwhelming for her.
Appearance: Petite at only 5 feet even and slender with dark hair and green eyes, her skin is coppery tan with a tinge of green hue to it. She looks like she came from the forest with her woodsy outfit.
right-aligned image

Background: Outlander - Origin - Forester
Personality Trait: I'm driven by a wanderlust that led me away from home.
Ideal: The Natural world is more important than all the constructs of civilization.
Bond: My family is the most important thing in my life, even when they are far from me.
Flaw: I am too enamored of ale, wine, and other intoxicants.
Back Story: She was very young during the downfall, but she remembers. Her people took great strides in protecting the forest, for she was told whenever there is a war or some magic chaos, the forests is usually one of the hardest hit areas. Growing up, she loved the forest as most of her kind does. She developed a bit of wanderlust and loved exploring new things, new lands. She studied to become a druid, not just to protect nature, but the animals well, she loved them, ever since she was a child and was able to ride a panther. She gathered experienced as the years went on, becoming a guide, riding the woods of kobolds and goblins. Wherever she went, she made sure the forest she had entered was well protected. She would go to town now and then for supplies and such and visit home when she could. In the town, some people were friendly, although, usually the upper class would laugh at her behind her back for some of her actions and manners. She either didn't noticed or care, she was just being herself and didn't see the need to change for anyone.

My expectations for this game. I have none, learned long ago, just take it as it comes and hope it'll be a fun ride. What I like about RPG is the fun of it, being someone else, and enjoying the game with other players.

Last edited by WildJessi; Mar 26th, 2021 at 05:44 PM.
Old Mar 26th, 2021, 05:45 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Well, my app is done!
Old Mar 27th, 2021, 02:08 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12507
hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman
I think Quentin is done as well. Let me know if there's anything else you want for the applications.
Old Mar 27th, 2021, 01:11 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1208
Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod
Application=Complete
right-aligned image

Name: Wrexis Kormonos
Race: Triton
Class: Cleric
Subclass: Tempest
Background: Acolyte
Intended role: Healing, Support, DPS.

Personality trait:I am tolerant of other faiths and respect the Worship of other gods.
Ideal:I trust that my deity will guide my Actions. I have faith that if I work hard, things will go well.
Bond:I owe my life to the Priest who took me in when my Parents died.
Bond#2:I would die to recover an ancient relic of my faith that was lost long ago.
Flaw: I am quick to anger when some one slanders the view of my faith and god

Description:
Wrex is both beauty and grotesque rolled into one. He does have handsome and Symmetrical qualities, such as a muscular lean frame, defined jaw line and sensually almost bright blue eyes. On the other hand, he has a thin set of gils in his cheeks. Long pointed and battered ears, and a low profile fin that runs down the center of his head, much like a human “Mohawk”. To some he is the most beautiful creature they have ever seen. To others a straight abomination of the fish variety.
He wears a carapace type of armor, Made of shells from different sea creatures of all shapes and sizes as well as having bits of coral scattered among the suite for added protection. Again Magnificent and strange.
Between his broad shoulders hangs a necklace fashioned from a single tooth of a deep sea dwelling beast.
He carries with him several blades. A spear which’s head is that of megalodon tooth. A javelin filed down from the tusk of a monstrosity and an underwater hunting knife fashioned from bone. All excellently crafted and razor sharp.

Personality:
Wrex is humble, soft spoken and easy going. He cares much for the world and it’s beauty. As well as being a highly devout student of Cosmos, god of the ocean.
He carries himself well with confidence and exudes a subtle suave charm. Wrex is a passionate soul, and strays from conflict when ever possible. He does however harness the great power of the sea, and when provoked proves to be a formidable opponent.
Being mostly sea locked his entire life, Wrex has mixed emotions about the above ground world. On one had it is strange, and derives anxst from unknowing. On the other hand it is exciting and full of new experiences, playing to his adventurous side

Extra characteristics:
-keeps a journal to catalog the creatures he sees on land that are unknown to him

-Loves spending time repairing broken things. Be it mind, body, soul or material. He finds peacefulness in the ability to mend what is broken, restoring or giving it new purpose

-Legends tell of weapons lost by noted Triton champions scattered throughout Lenore and across Nevermore. It would be a dream to find these relics and return them to the temple of Cosmos.

Backstory
Wrex has spent the majority of his life secluded and mildly hidden on the shattered coast, in servitude of Cosmos at one of the outposts. He was raised an orphan under the temple after his parents were slain in battle. Both being soldiers in the grand army.
Wrex always vowed to never join the ranks of the military, almost resentful of his parents. But he understood the need for survival, preparation and duty, and so he recognized his service may one day be required in some shape or form.

Wrex was lucky, privileged to have studied under such knowledgeable and resourceful priests. They treated him fair and taught him many lessons not just that of the cloth. They prepared the young man, knowing one day his ambitious appetite would break the confines of the church, and when that day came he would be prepared.
And so the day came, Wrex took it upon himself and felt compelled to travel the word and explore it for its own greatness. To build his own repertoire of knowledge like the priests before him, and to spread the good word of cosmos

Last edited by Jrod; Mar 30th, 2021 at 11:07 PM.
Old Mar 28th, 2021, 03:30 AM
Inter-dimensional Witch

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3095
briar briar briar briar briar briar briar briar briar briar briar
Excellent, nice to see applications are coming along. I've had a busy day but let's touch base on a few things...

@WildJessi
Lovely! Druids have a long history in Nevermore, though their most prominent era was during the time of the Old Kingdom, at which point their faith and practices were central to the ancient empire. Now, however, that prominence is gone, and most druids operate as solitary guardians of forest realms. In particular, the Circle of Echoes guards much of the Heartlands, across which stretch a similarly named forest. It's entirely possible to have been born into or accepted into this organization, or perhaps you simply learned from another circle or an unaffiliated group with similar ideals. Either way, I like your entry, Delaclya seems like a fun individual to have around!

@hafrogman
I enjoy that Quentin feels very much like an anime protagonist, honestly. Hopefully, he doesn't take after Bennet from Genshin Impact with how unlucky he is, but it's a fun trope to play with and I'm sure things can only get better for him going forward~

@Jrod
As with the centaur race, I can't say I've really had sea-based races and civilizations on the radar as much, though I did plan to add some for an old nautical adventure I was considering but never went in on. I would certainly say that there are some, however, and I can think of two major locales where a civilization of underwater-dwelling creatures might live.

The first is a very, very long way from here within the waters beneath the Malefistrom--a gigantic storm that has been spinning far to the north-west of Lenore for as long as anyone can remember, and is violent and unpredictable enough that no ship can sail into the waters or live on the lands under its sway. Perhaps, however, the same cannot be said for beneath the waves.

The second is a good deal closer, though still somewhat of a distance from Ashrim, in the form of the Shattered Coast: a huge island chain that hugs the south-eastern shores of the realm. It is a land that is often plunged into turmoil due to it being a primary route to the Golden Crucible--an inland sea that connects several of the nations of Lenore and serves as a major trade high-way. The region of the Shattered Coast is plagued with pirates, who have long since created a make-shift 'domain' out of the numerous islands, and if that weren't enough, privateers from the human kingdoms of Evorette and dwarven vanguard from Draehammer often wrestle for control of the region, though rarely do these skirmishes erupt into full-scale battles. This was where I intended to put an underwater civilization, but simply never got that far. Either way, I'm not sure it would be a particularly large civilization, and given all the fighting that goes on there, I have even more reason to doubt that they'd want anything to do with other residents of the Coast.

That being said...water-dwelling races would probably be very rare in Ashrim, largely because the kingdom is centralized on the continent and is mostly landlocked save for one port on the southern-most edge. There are, however, many large lakes and rivers in Ashrim, so it's quite plausible that fresh-water variants of underwater creatures dwell there, though doubtful that they would have any large settlements of their own.

All in all, your character looks like he'll be quite interesting. I've only ever had one other person take an interest in Cosmos, and they didn't stick around, so I'd be only too happy to put some more depth into that deity for the sake of providing backstory.

Last edited by briar; Mar 28th, 2021 at 03:37 AM.
Old Mar 28th, 2021, 01:14 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1715
Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum
Added Appearance and photoshopped the crows in the pic (if chosen I'll take the background birds out to make a smaller, more centered picture).

I think I'm done, but do tell if I missed something.
Old Mar 28th, 2021, 01:39 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
@briar- that all sounds fantastic, and I think I can work with it. I can leave my backstory vague for now, or if you wish I can add some specifics based off the info you provided. I imagine Wrex would be from a small under water outpost around the shattered coast somewhere. An unsuspecting spot that very few know of. Let me know- can PM me if ya want
Old Mar 28th, 2021, 01:44 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 358
JaneGray JaneGray JaneGray JaneGray
It looks like you are probably "full up" and don't need any more characters. Would it be okay if I watch? I'm learning so much so fast that my head is exploding. (And I don't have the confidence to apply here yet.)

I hereby take the oath of Sangus.
Old Mar 28th, 2021, 01:54 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1715
Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneGray View Post
It looks like you are probably "full up" and don't need any more characters. Would it be okay if I watch? I'm learning so much so fast that my head is exploding. (And I don't have the confidence to apply here yet.)
Well.. nobody posted a rogue or a bard yet, so the skill-monkey role is still open (according to traditional party roles)..

Shoot! it's good practice anyways..

Last edited by Ursinorum; Mar 28th, 2021 at 01:55 PM.
Old Mar 28th, 2021, 02:26 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12507
hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneGray View Post
It looks like you are probably "full up" and don't need any more characters.
Games in here rarely use a "first come first serve" model. There's no such thing as "full" until the DM makes their selections.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursinorum View Post
Shoot! it's good practice anyways..
This! The best time to apply to your first game was twenty years ago. The second best time is today. I think that's supposed to be about planting trees or something, but the principle holds.
Old Mar 28th, 2021, 05:17 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
briar, thanks!

From what you described is sort of the idea I had. Never heard of Circle of Echoes. I usually take Circle of the Moon because it's better circle far as shapechaning goes. However this time, I had a feeling she needed to be more of a protector. Circle of the Enclaves was interesting, but I took the Circle of the Shepard instead, had a feeling it was the best one to take, since they are starch protectors of nature, forest, and animals.
Old Mar 28th, 2021, 06:31 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2362
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
I am thinking of applying with a College of Eloquence Bard. Would you be opposed to the use of the Diplomat Feat?

Last edited by triedtherest; Mar 28th, 2021 at 06:32 PM.
Old Mar 28th, 2021, 10:24 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
@DM- how strict are you going to be on the need of water/rations?