RPXP: 495
Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula
Chronicles of a Dwarven Thief

Closed
Game NameChronicles of a Dwarven Thief
Game SystemDnD 5e
ThemeDungeon Delve
FlavourHeroic Fantasy
Plot SummaryYou attempt to open your eyes. A bright light fills the room and there is the sounds and feel of a cold wind moving across your wet clothing. Even through the pain you sense that you have been taken to a high place, either a tower or a dwelling in the mountains. From the open stone windows of the room a chill wind howls, and on the rise of each bluster you are sure you can make out the tumult of a battle raging in the distance. It is frequently punctuated by the sounds of explosions and the screams of dying warriors.
All about you stand Kalborean soldiers and a number of men dressed in the robes of the LoreMages' Guild. As you attempt to turn your head to look further about the room you find that your arms and legs have been strapped to a heavy wooden table at its centre. Behind the men that surround the table you also see a well muscled man with
a leather mask over his face. He hangs back in the shadows, ill defined even in the bright light. In his hands he is holding an efficient looking executioner's scimitar.
From somewhere in the room comes the sound of a familiar voice. It
is the Prefect of the LoreMages' Guild.
"You must forgive the rough treatment. Sometimes it is prudent to move a prisoner without fuss. I was given the impression by the Jailer that you would not have come with us any other way."
In response you strain against your bindings but the effort only serves to underline that you are completely helpless. The Prefect waits for you to stop struggling then leans closer and stares directly into your eyes.
"I have a proposition for you." he whispers.
Lying prostrate upon the table you are completely at the man's mercy but you do not listen to his words. Instead you snort a reply and try to raise your head. The effort sends hammer blows of agony drilling back into your temple, and the back of your skull cracks back down on the hard wood of the table. Spiralling into a white, numbing
mist you begin to lapse back into unconsciousness. Another curt command from the Prefect sends a further bucket of putrid water showering over your face. Again the Kalborean speaks.
"Dwarvedim. We are in need of your services and desire that, for a reasonable reward, you should undertake a journey on behalf of the Kalborean Union."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"With the whole land again consumed by war, Stoneholme returned to its primary purpose as a refuge for the Dwarvendim people. Within that first year the war raged all over the Stone Kingdoms and the cost of financing the conflict devoured most of the accumulated wealth of the Stone Kings. The very existence of the Dwarvendim as a separate people was under threat. Only the Deep Vault, locked and barred at the heart of Stoneholme for more than twenty years remained untouched. The day soon came, however, when it had to be opened."
"You can imagine the gravity of that day. An aged and despondent Morgen would have descended the long corridors of Stoneholme, walked through the magnificence of the Great Hall and unlocked the first set of doors leading to the Deep Vault. As those huge metal doors swung wide the Stone King would have stepped across a polished marble threshold, and then walked the final one hundred metres to the main doors of Stoneholme's most protected cavern. Understanding the import of opening this final trove the King and his retainers must have been grimly silent. None could have expected what was to happen next."
"Confronting them as the heavy doors of the Deep Vault swung open was an apparition that left Morgen Orncryst, most powerful of the Stone Kings, rigid with fear. Out of the semi-darkness of the unlit treasure room sprang the vast bulk of a full grown Rift Dragon. Raised upon its thick hind legs, its leathery wings extended to their
fullest it must have been an awesome sight, standing twenty-five metres at the shoulder, its skin black and shining like molten glass, its head a nightmare of fang, scale and cruel burning red eyes."

"The few retainers who had accompanied the King fled the room in a blind terror, slamming the great metal doors and locking them securely. It was only then that they realised the King had remained inside; unarmed, aged and vulnerable. For Morgen it was too late. Before he could turn to follow his terrified retainers he was bathed in Dragonfire and consumed."
"With no heir to the throne the reign of the Stone Kings ended. The war between the Nations hammered its way across western Arborell, the Stone Kingdoms were subjugated by Kalborea, then hostilities ended as an even greater threat confronted the Nations of Men."
"In a state of battle weariness the Kalboreans and Faeyen were unprepared for a new assault from the Horde that struck deep into the Union. Unable to withstand the onslaught, the fortifications and armies of the Union collapsed and the creatures of the Horde spread over Arborell like a plague. It was during this dark time of conflict that Stoneholme was evacuated by its conquerors, the last of the Dwarvendim were dispersed to work camps in the mountains of the Krodestaag. The Tellandra was forgotten."
"In time the Horde was again defeated. A series of crushing battles threw them back into the wastelands and this fortress was constructed to stop any further attempts at invasion. From that time to now only small raiding parties have remained to roam the isolated mountain ranges and frontiers, preying on unwary travellers or stealing from small communities. The pillar has remained deep in Stoneholme, its magic now used for the common good by the Kalborean LoreMages but physically unreachable. And so it has remained until now."
For a moment the room falls into silence, then the Tak Lovar looks up from his thoughts and stares straight at you.
"The pillar has been broken, Dwarvedim. For more than a century it has been used by the Kalboreans as a tool for the benefit of all men but now the Horde or, if it is still alive, that accursed Dragon has somehow succeeded in smashing it. Until it is restored there is no magic, there is no Lore Mages' Guild and there is no way of stopping the Horde from destroying Maenum and infesting all of Arborell."
The Tak Lovar stands suddenly and half turns as if he is about to leave.
"I do not envy you. The quest you are about to undertake is perilous in the extreme and in truth I do not expect you to survive it. It is unknown if the Horde currently infest the ruins of Stoneholme. It is equally unknown if the Dragon, who the Hordim calls Windhammer, is still alive. Legends and myth have conspired to obscure the truth about the mountains in which you are about to travel and I would not go there for any price. Men braver than you have tried you know, and none have returned. The Guild has lost a number of powerful talismans in those attempts. Maybe you will be lucky enough to recover them as well."
The historian stops and looks as if he is considering whether it would be appropriate to wish you luck. He doesn't.
"Your horse and equipment have been gathered. The Horde already tests to the limit the ability of this fortress to defend itself. At first light tomorrow you must leave. Do not fail, Dwarvedim. Remember that you wear the white collar."
You watch as the Tak Lovar leaves the room, his robes flowing through your door as he departs. Tomorrow it seems you must begin a most perilous quest. Alone in the light thrown from a solitary candle you stand for a moment and wonder at this strange turn of events. In the quiet you can hear the muffled impacts of the Horde's assault vibrating through the stone. It is then that you realise you have no idea how to restore the Tellandra, and it would seem neither do the Kalboreans. You cannot even say why they chose you.

The Nitty Gritty#Players: 2
Level: 1
Races Allowed: Hill or Mountain Dwarf
Classes Allowed: Any accept arcane casters.
Sourcebooks: PHB, MToF, XGtE, TCoE
Equipment: You start with just Travel Clothing and a focus if you use one. Rest of equipment provided in game at start.
Attributes: 4d6 method (may default to point buy if you do not like the rolls). Do not roll in this thread. Dice Roller link.

Required:
  • Completed RPG Crossing 5e CharSheet
  • Example of Writing: combat scene including dice rolls. Use Dice Roller.
  • Your expected post rate. Less than 2x/week will not be considered.
  • Backstory: you are a prisoner condemned to die. So include why that is.
  • Picture: no greater than 320x240

DO NOT ROLL IN THIS THREAD

Last edited by Shula; Apr 5th, 2021 at 06:25 AM.
Old Mar 28th, 2021, 10:47 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Lore Master's Library

Last edited by Shula; Apr 5th, 2021 at 01:05 AM.
Old Mar 30th, 2021, 08:17 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Kolben
Been looking for a game to get back into PbP and this is really exciting. Posting here to show interest and I'll edit with my application.

Do you have a deadline/planned start date?
Old Mar 31st, 2021, 01:05 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1892
Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire
Application
left-aligned image
Name: Arnura Ironboots https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=88030
Race: Hill Dwarf
Class: Monk
Personality: A stubborn, competitive personality, Arnura never backs down from a challenge. She is also hot headed and hates when people make fun of her height, or that she can't stand wearing armor.
Background: Urchin
Personality Traits: 1) I sleep with my back to a wall or tree, with everything I own wrapped in a bundle in my arms.
2) I eat like a pig and have bad manners.
Ideal:1) I help the people who help me-that's what keeps us alive.
2) The low are lifted up, and the high and mighty are brought down. Change is the nature of things.
Bond: No one else should have to endure the hardships I've been through.
Flaw: 1) People who can't take care of themselves get what they deserve.
2) It's not stealing if I need it more than someone else.

Expected post rate: 2-3 times a week
Backstory: Arnura lived on the streets, spending most of her time in taverns. There she would arm wrestle for coin or food. There were times when stealing them was needed, but only as a last resort. She had more fun in the competition. On occasion, some patrons would poke fun at her smaller stature. This would cause a fight to break out, Arnura being in the center of it. One such fight was started by a rube young man, he pointed out that he could use her as an arm rest and proceeded to lean on her. This did not sit well with Arnura, she knocked the man to the ground and jumped on top of him slamming her fists down repeatedly. People that were nearby dragger her off of him, he later died from the injuries he sustained. What Arnura did not know at the time, was this young man was a noble man's son. She tried to run and hide from the guard but they eventually found her and imprisoned her and sentenced her to death. Having little choice, Arnura could not refuse the proposition that was given to her.

Warning: rolls have been deleted from this post.

Last edited by Cheshire; Mar 31st, 2021 at 11:05 PM.
Old Apr 1st, 2021, 02:36 PM
Evil inside ®

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7095
LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon
I'd love to apply - but a ready-made char-sheet for maybe nothing, that's off-putting... 😟
Old Apr 1st, 2021, 02:43 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1892
Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire
It doesn't take long to make a character sheet. I make one for each game I apply to.
Old Apr 3rd, 2021, 04:17 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1601
Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite
Here are my rolls.

Completed Application

Benmiir Flinthelm
right-aligned image

Name:Benmiir Flinthelm
Race:Hill Dwarf
Background:Noble
Class: Druid (to be "Circle of the Shepherd")
Trait: Despite my noble birth, I do not place myself above others. We are all of one blood.
Ideal: I must prove that I can handle myself without the privilege of my noble birth
Bond: The ways of Yses are the path to wisdom and happiness
Guiding Aspect: As demonstrated by the actions of the wolf, an individual's strength are nothing compared to the power of the pack.

Backstory:
Benmiir is the 5th son of a wealthy hill dwarf called Ragnus Flinthelm. Ragnus is rich and powerful, and the leader of a clan. Even in exile he has managed to maintain a degree of wealth and power. Many dwarves work under him to mine materials and forge weapons for the wars.

Benmiir was born while living among the Kalboreans. His oldest brother had childhood memories of living in the families historic homeland, but the rest of them knew only exile.

Benmiir was raised in privilege, but as he grew older he was disillusioned his status. It was obvious to many that his father's business practices were unethical and unfair. Many a dwarf would say that the Flinthelms had sold them out. The clan sometimes got its way through intimidation or even violence. While Benmiir's older brothers embraced their position and followed their father's example, he felt tempted to reject his family and walk away from their wealth. Unlike his close relatives, he could not ignore the suffering of other dwarves around them.

By dwarf standards, Benmiir was physically weak. He was not capable of being a warrior, as his father would have wished. He was a introspective and contemplative child who seemed out of place among his own family. In public at least, the Flinthelm clan claimed to be adherents to Phoius, but Benmiir was more drawn to the teachings of Yses.

Upon completion of his schooling, Benmiir left the clan and travelled the land. He studied Yses more deeply. He found like-minded mentors and started down the path of a druidic order.

On the occasion of his mother's birthday he returned to his family stronghold. Ragnus was wealthy enough to live like a nobleman, even while in exile among the Kalboreans. But he found his father had been arrested for a crime against the Kalboreans. His brothers were to be arrested as well, though rumor says that two of them escaped. The exact crime that Ragnus had committed was unclear to Benmiir, but it was not hard to imagine the Flinthelm Clan putting their own wealth ahead of the needs of the Dwarvendim people at a time of crisis. Before he knew it, Benmiir was arrested for the crimes of a family that he rejected. And his sentence was to be death.

Roleplay writing Example:
Rolls for this encounter are here.

Confronted by a gang of bandits
The road "home", if you could call it home, was strange. Even though he had spent his entire childhood there, he always had the sense of not belonging there. He didn't belong in the family. He didn't belong with the human population that surrounded them. It seemed that war had reached the area. Benmiir passed a burned out town not long ago. In the Kalborean village nearest his father's home the streets were empty. The few people he encountered kept their heads down and did not acknowledge his presence.

He had come back for his mother's birthday. He had not seen her for three years, and it seemed that if he did not do it now, he might never get the chance again.

As he turned down the road for the last stretch of the journey he was confronted by a gang of five humans. There was one dwarf among them who spoke.
"You should not have come back here, Flinthelm. Your family is gone.

And there is a price on your head.

I'm afraid these boys can't afford not to collect on that bounty. Are you going to make this easy or hard?
"

Benmiir responded
"By Yses the Huntsman I assure you that it will not be easy. I have done nothing wrong. I ask only that you let me pass in peace."

Before he even finished his words, the dwarf struck at him with a spiked club. He dodged this attack, and retaliated in defense. He called upon Yses to Bonus action: Cast Shillelaghbless his walking stick as a weapon. He swung the weapon, 22 to hit, 11 damagestriking the dwarf in the back of the head. The hostile dwarf fell to the ground.

But the five men launched their attack as well. Two sling stones stuck him hard.

Benmiir grasped the sprig of mistletoe that he wore around his neck. He cast a Thunderwave. 15 damage. CON Save for half, DC 13.wave of thunder out at the charging gang. Yses had not failed him! The wind from his spell had thrown two of the men back off the road. They fell from the wounds.

But there were still too many. Another sling stone struck Benmiir in the head. His vision began to fade to black. He was going to be captured.

Character Sheet:
D&D Beyond Sheet
RPGC sheet

Last edited by Stadiumite; Apr 4th, 2021 at 08:16 PM.
Old Apr 4th, 2021, 01:28 AM
The Dread Lord

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1115
Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan
Garmatten Von der Juthaxel

right-aligned image

Name: Garmatten Von der Juthaxel
Race: Mountain Dwarf
Class: Fighter
Background: Gladiator
Dice Rolls

Example of Writing:

Garmatten stood idle. The thick iron portcullis stood closed. It was the only thing keeping him from his next victory. It was not that bad being a slave. While no all slaves shared his experience, he was glad he was not starving or being mistreated. His master after all had financial reason to keep Garmatten in good shape and in good health. Prize money only increased with reputation and renown.

The sound of the announcer increases in intensity. The crowd started stomping. Yes. It is about to be time. "We have Garmatten Von der Juthaxel" The crowd's intensity went up another notch. It made sense after all this was my home arena. He had heard that he was fighting a big deal from a few hundred miles away. Something that brought a little excitement. "The Challenger... Coming all the way from...." I was so focused in thought that I didn't even catch the name or where he was from. No matter though. I shall defeat him and claim this next bout as another notch. I WILL be the best. I WILL be known all around.

Sound of metal cogs and gears moving overhead. The iron portcullis begins opening. What little sound the portcullis was blocking out was now was coming full force. Something was exciting the crowd a lot more than normal. I began walking out towards the middle of the arena. Looking around, the crowd is absolutely packed. How did they even fit this many people in here? Some must be standing. This is going to help my reputation so much. Great indeed. I was so focused looking around I never bothered to look ahead. When I finally did I now understand why so many have come out. A half-orc walking towards me. He was several heads taller then I. I have fought and larger, faster, and more intelligent beings. Nonetheless, I shouldn't underestimate this brute fool. That's how gladiators die. Disrespecting their opponent and this is not something I will be doing.

This was a unique match. We did not come out with weapons. Instead, they are littered around the arena. Inside trunks. Underneath broken carts. The fans wanted a little more entertainment that two fighters simply standing and fighting in the center. I was fine with it after all. This only helps to strengthen my glory. Before we meet in the center, I begin looking around to see what weapons I can see. Yes. Yes. An axe over there. A crossbow sitting on that barrel. A spear sat in the ground there. A sword there.

No doubt he was doing the exact same thing. I wonder what his preferred weapon would be. Probably a club or a two-handed axe. I prefer to fight with two weapons but whatever I can find, will do. "LET THE GAMES BEGIN" Match on! I quickly turn heel. He did the same. He no doubt saw something that struck his fancy where he walked from. No matter. I need to simply worry about me. Focus. Focus. I made it to the crossbow. I ready the weapon and use the barrel as a steady base. When he comes out of cover ill fire. Yes there he is.

Dice Heavy Crosssbow with Dmg:
1d20+3 (7)+3 Total = 10
1d10+1 (8)+1 Total = 9

The bolt misses as the half-orc ducks just in the Knick of time. "****! No Good. " I toss the weapon to the side. No time to reload it. No I only had time for a single shot. He made it to me and swung the warpick he found. A narrow miss. the sound of the spike hitting the ground was enough to make me swallow what saliva I had in my mouth. Luckily, the spike appears to be stuck and he is actually trying to pull it out. I ran and opened a chest next to some crates. Ah yes two handaxes. I am familiar with these. I threw launched them towards my opponent.

Dice handaxe and damage:
1d20+5 (16)+5 Total = 21
1d20+5 (5)+5 Total = 10
1d6+3 (3)+3 Total = 6

He looked up but not early enough. THUD. The first handaxe struck true on the half-orc. Landing in his chest. Making in through his chest piece. Embedding the blade there. He pulled his warpick free from the ground and came after me. "aaeraerh hatsehtbxdfbs rsgaegareb" What did he say? He doesn't even speak common. How annoying! Well no matter. A cart sat idle towards the barrier wall. Above the crowd hungry for entertainment lean over. Crumbs falling off their clothes and wine pouring out of their goblets. I move a tarp. ALAS My favorite weapon. Twin Scimitars. Yes he is done for. I grasp one in each hand. SWING.He missed again. Not very accurate with that is he. I swing both scimitars. "For my Glory. AHHHHHHHHH"

Dice Twin Scimitars and Damages:
1d20+5 (15)+5 Total = 20
1d20+5 (7)+5 Total = 12
1d6+3 (6)+3 Total = 9
1d6+3 (6)+3 Total = 9

"ascvrw wrgtnb we weada we". I don't know what he said but it was the final thing he said. Exceptinally weak armor around the neck. Who would have thought. The geyser of blood that shot out of his neck was something I've never seen and likely wont again. Even some onlooking above found their clothes covered. I cut so deep into the neck that both scimitars laid rest at the spine. I tried to pull them out but to avail. The next best think I guess. I attempted to pull on his head and to my surprise it came clean off. Well, clean meaning no longer attached to the rest of him. A good portion of his spine came out as well. No cared not for the blood covering me. I was always offered a bath after a win. My armor was always cleaned by some of my masters other slaves. I walked over towards the center of the arena. The crowd cheering so loud I cannot even hear myself think. I got to the middle. Raising the spine and neck over my own head. The crowd quieted just enough for me to get out.. "Kelemvor, I offer you this kill. "I tossed his remains to my front. Stepping over it, I move towards the iron portcullis that I entered.

"Garmatten "
"Garmatten "
"Garmatten "
"Garmatten "

The iron Portcullis closed behind me with the same metallic chains and gears that opened. I stand there for a moment in admiration. Yes. Yes. That is I and I WILL be the best.

Posting Status Availability:
2x or more a Week.

Backstory:
Garmatten has just began a hot streak inside the fighting arenas. Making a name for himself was something he was determined to do. If he was going to be a slave he was going to be your average slave. People would speak of his triumphs around the dinner table. Children would view his battles and would desire to achieve his battle prowess.

Not all enjoyed this though. The owner of Garmatten's last opponent was not a fan. Especially since his head came off. Not clean either, the spine of that half-orc dangled under it. Garmatten had heard that his opponent's owner had funded that specific fighter quite generously. Although, Garmatten didn't find that to be his problem.

Perhaps he was wrong though. All of a sudden, a false report was given to the authorities blaming Garmatten for something that he never did. It didn't matter. Garmatten's owner fought against the lies but even he was not match for the power of the people coming after Garmatten. I mean after all, how was Garmatten supposed to know that the woman who paid to "be with him" would end up being the daughter of a high ranking government official.

Let me know if you do not like anything I have in my app.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2cf40aab552494aff0d6bf43ab3c5a7a.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	90448  
I swear upon the Oath of Sangus

Last edited by Impaleddearan; Apr 4th, 2021 at 02:46 AM.
Old Apr 4th, 2021, 10:36 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stadiumite View Post
Sorry, I am not familiar with the norms of using rolls to generate stats. I always use point buy. When stats are rolled, is it normal practice to allow the player to rearrange them across the ability scores? Or is it assumed that they are in STR, DEX, CON, INT, WIS, CHA order? (BTW, I will actually use them in that order it turns out. But I'd still like to know the answer)
Depends on the DM... but the norm (as per PHB) is that you roll 4d6 six times and arrange them in any order.

I go with the norm.
Old Apr 4th, 2021, 10:59 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Dice RollingI am sorry that I didn't make it clear enough

Rolling in the Ad threads is prohibited by site rules.

I intended that you use the dice roller for the combat rolls and then linking them.

DwarvedimSince the fall of the Dwarvedim kingdom, they have had to take refuge in the kingdoms of men. While the nation of Faey treats the Dwarvedim like any others, the nation of Kalborea treats them as second class citizens. Most live in ghettos and work in the mines digging out iron for weapons and silver to fund the war. About a fifth of the population live among the Kalborea 96% Human, 2% Dwarf, 1% Elf, 1% Othermostly human Kalobrea, generally being found in the lower quarters. Strangely, the rural population of Kalborea are less likely to be prejudiced against the Dwarvedim.

Last edited by Shula; Apr 4th, 2021 at 11:13 AM.
Old Apr 4th, 2021, 11:02 AM
The Dread Lord

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1115
Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan
You did and I just completely didn't think about it. Oops

I should have also known better but it never crossed my mind.
I swear upon the Oath of Sangus

Last edited by Impaleddearan; Apr 4th, 2021 at 11:04 AM.
Old Apr 4th, 2021, 11:26 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite
I'm not sure about how much time has passed between event described in your narrative. Would a young dwarf have lived part of his life before the fall of the dwarf kingdom? Or would he likely have been raised entirely in the exile among the Kalboreans?
Old Apr 4th, 2021, 03:11 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stadiumite View Post
I'm not sure about how much time has passed between event described in your narrative. Would a young dwarf have lived part of his life before the fall of the dwarf kingdom? Or would he likely have been raised entirely in the exile among the Kalboreans?
The start of the Seventh Horde War and the Fall of the Dwarvedim Stone kingdoms is in YS842.

It is currently YS947.

So, 105 years has passed.
Old Apr 4th, 2021, 08:12 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
My application is more or less complete. I may tweak the writing as I think of things, but the structure of the character and the backstory are what I want.
Old Apr 4th, 2021, 11:06 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeDragon View Post
I'd love to apply - but a ready-made char-sheet for maybe nothing, that's off-putting... 😟

This is an example of a post that doesn't belong.

If you are not applying then you really shouldn't comment in a thread that is for applications to a game.