PF-1e World of Freeport - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old Mar 30th, 2021, 03:51 AM
Doc the Prestige Doc the Prestige is offline
Young Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 3rd, 2021
RPXP: 60
Doc the Prestige
Posts: 23
World of Freeport

Game NameWorld of Freeport
Game SystemPathfinder
ThemeAdventure, Exploration
FlavourHigh Fantasy Adventures
Plot Summary
Description
Freeport is the City of Adventures because danger lurks at every corner while not a pleasant city, it offers many opportunities for adventurers who want to sail to various lands and go on a quest. Freeport will be the hub/home of your characters.

The coils of Freeport connect the waters to many different realities and worlds, offering an almost infinite amount of possibilities due to Mystic Navigators (not known to most), the further someone travels away from the Serpent's Teeth.

Other noteworthy locations in the world besides the ones listed in the Freeport book:
-The World's Largest City (Alderac Entertainment city from 3.5)
-Drakonheim, The city of Bones
-Kobold Press Southlands
-Hamunaptra



Characters
Seeking 4 to 5 players, Starting level 1, 20 points buy, Average Gold for your chosen class, 2 traits, with classic high fantasy adventures in mind, characters should be good or neutral at least. You can expect some high seas actions but this isn't the main focus. Tell me about your character backstory and goal in life, we will go from there.

Books: All of Pathfinder Paizo official 1st edition products, Green Ronin The Player's Guide to Freeport, including the Thanemage shortcut product and Kobold Press Southlands

Mostly used as a reference for Religion in the world: Green Ronin Book of the Righteous (3.5e) is the setting main pantheon. If you don't own the book but are interested in religion for your character, please inquire as it is quite detailed. Other deities/religion exists but isn't the main pantheon of the setting (like the Osirian/Egyptian pantheon in Hamunaptra).

You can consider that monsters/creatures from the Freeport Bestiary and Tome of Horrors Complete exist in the setting.



The Story So FarA band of adventurers, just arrived in Freeport and will be soon faced with the dangers of the City and go on Adventures.

Last edited by Doc the Prestige; Apr 1st, 2021 at 12:56 AM.
  #2  
Old Mar 30th, 2021, 09:33 AM
Balthazzar's Avatar
Balthazzar Balthazzar is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 19th, 2021
RPXP: 55
Balthazzar
Posts: 52
Character SubmissionName:
right-aligned image
Myrkyssa Ravenwild

Race: Human

Class: Unchained Rogue

Archetypes:Background:

Myrkyssa was found on a deserted island as a young child by a band of Pirates led by Jack Ravenwild. She was taken and raised as a slave and servant.

During a boarding by a competing pirate crew she hid in the Captains quarters. The Captain fled to his room , was followed and about to be slain when she surprisingly killed his attacker with a knife that had been laying on his desk.

The Captain regained control of his ship and made Myrkyssa a member of the crew. She was trained as a sailor and in the ways of knife fighting. The Captain took on a more fatherly role in appreciation for her having saved his life.

Unfortunately this would not last forever. The pirates met bad fortune and were sunk by Freeport Naval ships, all hands were lost except Myrkyssa who was able to hold onto a floating barrel and was washed up on land. She found herself wandering Freeport seeking adventure and fame. Someday she would be widely known, like a Pirate Captain of the high seas, but not yet sure if her name would be respected or feared. She took on Ravenwilds name as she had none of her own in hopes that it would help give her a head start.

Last edited by Balthazzar; Apr 2nd, 2021 at 06:57 AM.
  #3  
Old Mar 30th, 2021, 10:00 AM
Doc the Prestige Doc the Prestige is offline
Young Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 3rd, 2021
RPXP: 60
Doc the Prestige
Posts: 23
This reminds me, you can choose the Unchained version of classes. You can stack archetypes, as long as they don't conflict with each other yes.
Guess worth noting that the Freeport navy is mostly pirates. Looking good overall.
  #4  
Old Mar 30th, 2021, 10:22 AM
Balthazzar's Avatar
Balthazzar Balthazzar is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 19th, 2021
RPXP: 55
Balthazzar
Posts: 52
Wondering if you will allow the Glory Rogue and Pet Trainer Archetypes. I would like to see Myrkyssa with a Falcon Animal Companion. A raven would be better but not an option for animal companion.

Edit: I found a Giant Raven Animal Companion in the Archives of Nethys.

Last edited by Balthazzar; Mar 30th, 2021 at 10:39 AM.
  #5  
Old Mar 30th, 2021, 10:48 AM
Doc the Prestige Doc the Prestige is offline
Young Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 3rd, 2021
RPXP: 60
Doc the Prestige
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthazzar View Post
Wondering if you will allow the Glory Rogue and Pet Trainer Archetypes. I would like to see Myrkyssa with a Falcon Animal Companion. A raven would be better but not an option for animal companion.

Edit: I found a Giant Raven Animal Companion in the Archives of Nethys.
Glory Rogue is fine, including the pet trainer archetype.

Note that all big birds (Eagles, Hawks, Falcons) are simply listed under bird in animal companion.
  #6  
Old Mar 31st, 2021, 08:55 AM
Balthazzar's Avatar
Balthazzar Balthazzar is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 19th, 2021
RPXP: 55
Balthazzar
Posts: 52
I decided against Pet Trainer . Unfortunately the Glory Rogues Improved Feint bonus feat is needed for a big part of Myrkyssa's low level build.
  #7  
Old Mar 31st, 2021, 10:28 AM
Doc the Prestige Doc the Prestige is offline
Young Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 3rd, 2021
RPXP: 60
Doc the Prestige
Posts: 23
Additional Details

Alright, I can understand that.

Most important gods in the city of Freeport:

Shalimyr (CN) God of the Sea/Water, Domains: Air, Destruction, Travel, Water, Weather, Favored Weapon: Falchion
Tinel God of Knowledge in his CG aspect and N in God of Magic aspect, Domains: (Chaos), (Good), Knowledge, Magic, Runes, Favored Weapon: Dagger
Terak (LN/LG) God of War, Domains: Law, Protection, War, Strength, Good or Destruction, Favored weapon: Any Weapon (Pick One)
Canelle (CG) Goddess of Strength and Victory, Domains: Strength, Luck, Chaos, Good, Glory, Favored Weapon: Any Spear (Choose one)
Harrimast (CN) God of Pirates, Domains: Air, Fire, Trickery, War, Water, Favored weapon: Cutlass

There are other gods worshipped/religion of course in the world and city.
  #8  
Old Apr 1st, 2021, 03:47 PM
LeDragon's Avatar
LeDragon LeDragon is offline
Evil inside
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 19th, 2021
RPXP: 7095
LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon
Posts: 5,385
Since the rogue is already cast, I'll take on the role of the young wannabe pirate (based on fighter or ranger). Let's see what I can come up with...

When is the deadline for applications?
__________________
Never trust a smiling gamemaster!
DMing two great games - Gates of Might (since April 2012) and The tomb of Xhancar Ckancil (since September 2017)
  #9  
Old Apr 1st, 2021, 04:28 PM
Firecat's Avatar
Firecat Firecat is offline
Critical threat!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 19th, 2021
RPXP: 1067
Firecat Firecat Firecat Firecat Firecat Firecat Firecat Firecat
Posts: 356
Hello, are races, classes, archetypes, etc from the non-Paizo supplements available, or should we only choose from the Pathfinder options?
__________________
Current Posting Status: Active
I have sworn the Oath of Sangus

Last edited by Firecat; Apr 1st, 2021 at 04:54 PM.
  #10  
Old Apr 1st, 2021, 05:44 PM
Balthazzar's Avatar
Balthazzar Balthazzar is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 19th, 2021
RPXP: 55
Balthazzar
Posts: 52
What class are you thinking about playing Firecat?
__________________
Hear me Smurfs and hear me well, I am Balthazar, Master Wizard! Surrender 6 of your own to me or you'll all pay dearly!
All I need to make gold is 6 Smurfs and it doesn't matter if they're alive or dead!
  #11  
Old Apr 1st, 2021, 05:59 PM
Firecat's Avatar
Firecat Firecat is offline
Critical threat!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 19th, 2021
RPXP: 1067
Firecat Firecat Firecat Firecat Firecat Firecat Firecat Firecat
Posts: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthazzar View Post
What class are you thinking about playing Firecat?
At present, heavily leaning sorcerer. For the non-Paizo stuff, I’m most interested in playing a gnoll from Southlands.
__________________
Current Posting Status: Active
I have sworn the Oath of Sangus

Last edited by Firecat; Apr 1st, 2021 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Killing the autocorrect daemon
  #12  
Old Apr 1st, 2021, 08:02 PM
CatCanCook's Avatar
CatCanCook CatCanCook is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 19th, 2021
RPXP: 4206
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
Posts: 4,553
Purkash WinterbornName: Purkash Winterborn
right-aligned image


Character Sheet: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=88041

Race: Samsaran

Class: Inquisitor (Archetype: Monster Tactician)

Alignment: Neutral

Background:

White haired, blue skinned Purkash was raised among a quiet and idyllic village of Samsarans, but departed as soon as he received his religious calling through the Vision of the Open Eye. He left his kin and joined the faction of the Church of Aloof Tinel, those who worship him as a disinterested god of magic. Humans found Purkash’s last name (from his life as a female two reincarnations ago) unpronounceable, and so he took the new last name Winterborn simply as it fit his physical appearance.

Purkash has so far devoted his youthful scholarship to a study of the planes and the arcane, and and his devoted studies have lead him down the peculiar and rare path of a Monster Tactician, summoning outsiders of all sorts (good, evil, lawful or chaotic) to serve his purposes. His quest is to serve his personal, and his faction's, acquisition of Truth.

As an inquisitor of the Aloof Tinel, he will take assignments from various individuals of the Aloof order, either for the preservation and recovery of knowledge, or for vengeance against destroyers of knowledge, or to serve the political needs of the faction. He avoids entanglement with the aligned extremes of his faction (law or chaos, good or evil), rather retains the philosophy of balance. Unlike most Samsarans whose souls are pure and free from ambition, he is eager for power because that leads to opportunities for greater knowledge.

Specializing in the Conversion Inquisition, he uses insight and intuition to persuade friend or intimidate foe, seeking to grow his chosen faction. The path of an adventurer in Freeport affords him the freedom to wander and use his own discretion in both the pursuit of knowledge and the expansion of the faith.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Purkash.jpeg
Views:	149
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	90414  

Last edited by CatCanCook; Apr 1st, 2021 at 08:53 PM.
  #13  
Old Apr 1st, 2021, 11:22 PM
Doc the Prestige Doc the Prestige is offline
Young Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 3rd, 2021
RPXP: 60
Doc the Prestige
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firecat View Post
Hello, are races, classes, archetypes, etc from the non-Paizo supplements available, or should we only choose from the Pathfinder options?
Yes from the listed sources above including non-paizo ones, if you want something from outside the listed books, ask and will see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeDragon View Post
Since the rogue is already cast, I'll take on the role of the young wannabe pirate (based on fighter or ranger). Let's see what I can come up with...

When is the deadline for applications?
I hope for mid-April 15-16 (shouldn't be too bad with first-level characters), if the game request gets approved sooner as well and there is a slow down in applicants, might start sooner but will give at least a week notice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCanCook View Post
Purkash WinterbornName: Purkash Winterborn
right-aligned image


Character Sheet: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=88041

Race: Samsaran

Class: Inquisitor (Archetype: Monster Tactician)

Alignment: Neutral

Background:

White haired, blue skinned Purkash was raised among a quiet and idyllic village of Samsarans, but departed as soon as he received his religious calling through the Vision of the Open Eye. He left his kin and joined the faction of the Church of Aloof Tinel, those who worship him as a disinterested god of magic. Humans found Purkash’s last name (from his life as a female two reincarnations ago) unpronounceable, and so he took the new last name Winterborn simply as it fit his physical appearance.

Purkash has so far devoted his youthful scholarship to a study of the planes and the arcane, and and his devoted studies have lead him down the peculiar and rare path of a Monster Tactician, summoning outsiders of all sorts (good, evil, lawful or chaotic) to serve his purposes. His quest is to serve his personal, and his faction's, acquisition of Truth.

As an inquisitor of the Aloof Tinel, he will take assignments from various individuals of the Aloof order, either for the preservation and recovery of knowledge, or for vengeance against destroyers of knowledge, or to serve the political needs of the faction. He avoids entanglement with the aligned extremes of his faction (law or chaos, good or evil), rather retains the philosophy of balance. Unlike most Samsarans whose souls are pure and free from ambition, he is eager for power because that leads to opportunities for greater knowledge.

Specializing in the Conversion Inquisition, he uses insight and intuition to persuade friend or intimidate foe, seeking to grow his chosen faction. The path of an adventurer in Freeport affords him the freedom to wander and use his own discretion in both the pursuit of knowledge and the expansion of the faith.

I like it, looking pretty nice, just for your own information, In Freeport, you have the two major temples for the Tinelites:

One temple for the Heavenly Archmage (Chaotic Good) Tinel and one temple for the God of Knowledge (Neutral), mostly run by the minor order of librarians for the knowledge.

Last edited by Doc the Prestige; Apr 1st, 2021 at 11:23 PM.
  #14  
Old Apr 2nd, 2021, 07:37 AM
Balthazzar's Avatar
Balthazzar Balthazzar is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 19th, 2021
RPXP: 55
Balthazzar
Posts: 52
Myrkyssa will follow Harrimast as she was raised by pirates. Whats that faiths presence in Freeport like?
__________________
Hear me Smurfs and hear me well, I am Balthazar, Master Wizard! Surrender 6 of your own to me or you'll all pay dearly!
All I need to make gold is 6 Smurfs and it doesn't matter if they're alive or dead!
  #15  
Old Apr 2nd, 2021, 08:27 AM
Doc the Prestige Doc the Prestige is offline
Young Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 3rd, 2021
RPXP: 60
Doc the Prestige
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthazzar View Post
Myrkyssa will follow Harrimast as she was raised by pirates. Whats that faiths presence in Freeport like?
Harrimast the God of Pirates is an aspect of Darmon the God of travel, wealth and Joy. His symbol as the God of Pirates is Skull and Bones over crossed cutlasses.

Freeport used to be a Pirate Haven but has gone "legit" overtime to present the city as a Trade City. But the Captain's Council and leader still hand out regularly letters of Marque to privateers (essentially making it legit piracy).

Still, Harrimast is very popular and on top of it, the God of Pirates is a fickle and not very forgiving God, so Freeporters (including the leaders) do regular observances hoping to not suffer the Wrath of the Pirate God.

A small but stable group of priests can be found walking around the city and preaching impending doom to non-believers (essentially not going to Sea and practicing the trade of Harrimast).
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:23 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2021, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB