Closed Thread

Old Apr 2nd, 2021, 09:25 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 55
Balthazzar
Submissions so far
  • Human / Unchained Rogue (Glory Rogue / Knife Master / Scout)
  • Aquatic Elf / Ranger
  • Gnoll / Sorcerer
  • Samsaran / Inquisitor (Monster Tactician)
  • Android / Swashbuckler

Last edited by Balthazzar; Apr 3rd, 2021 at 07:14 AM.
Old Apr 2nd, 2021, 11:15 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5318
ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX
Do you have an idea for when you'll close this?
Old Apr 2nd, 2021, 11:28 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Balthazzar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowcatX View Post
Do you have an idea for when you'll close this?
Mid April. Possibly sooner but GM will give at least a weeks notice of a changed deadline.
Old Apr 2nd, 2021, 11:39 AM
Evil inside

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7095
LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon
I would like to play a catfolk ranger if allowed. This race-class-combination feels quite natural and allows some great roleplay when the water comes too close to her.

If you think, this doesn't fit to your game, I also take a hydrophilic race like Gillmen or Aquatic Elf.

Last edited by LeDragon; Apr 2nd, 2021 at 11:39 AM.
Old Apr 2nd, 2021, 11:58 AM
Critical threat!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1067
Firecat Firecat Firecat Firecat Firecat Firecat Firecat Firecat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthazzar View Post
LeDragon and Firecat, are you closer to nailing down what way you are planning to go in your builds?
Definitely going gnoll sorcerer. Should have details posted in the next day or so.
Old Apr 2nd, 2021, 12:16 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 60
Doc the Prestige
Yeah Balthazzar is correct (reply to Shadowcatx)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeDragon View Post
I would like to play a catfolk ranger if allowed. This race-class-combination feels quite natural and allows some great roleplay when the water comes too close to her.

If you think, this doesn't fit to your game, I also take a hydrophilic race like Gillmen or Aquatic Elf.
It's fine. In general, I consider that most Catfolk are from Khaeder but of course, they move around. It's totally fine.
The Southlands have their leonine version also.

Aquatic Elves are the elves living in Freeport. The other kind of Elves tend to be on the Continent and Gillmen are unusual but can be found in Freeport as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firecat View Post
Definitely going gnoll sorcerer. Should have details posted in the next day or so.
Alright.
Old Apr 2nd, 2021, 12:45 PM
DAGRON

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6426
Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A
I'm thinking about an android swashbuckler, what is the status of androids in this world?
Old Apr 2nd, 2021, 12:53 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Balthazzar
Doc the Prestige, I've got a few PM's out to you. New to the site so maybe I've done it wrong. Let me know if you've got them.

Last edited by Balthazzar; Apr 2nd, 2021 at 12:54 PM.
Old Apr 2nd, 2021, 01:56 PM
Evil inside

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7095
LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc the Prestige View Post
It's fine. In general, I consider that most Catfolk are from Khaeder but of course, they move around. It's totally fine.
The Southlands have their leonine version also.

Aquatic Elves are the elves living in Freeport. The other kind of Elves tend to be on the Continent and Gillmen are unusual but can be found in Freeport as well.
Then, I'll play an aquatic elf for two reasons: I'll probably never be able to play one again and if aquatic elves live in Freeport, this offers many opportunities for good roleplay, too.
Old Apr 2nd, 2021, 09:36 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Doc the Prestige
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibit A View Post
I'm thinking about an android swashbuckler, what is the status of androids in this world?
Androids like usual are from ancient technological ruins. Usually waking up in said ruin, for one reason or another. Most people don't know much about androids and only a few of them form enclaves. Most Androids are solitary. Most Freeporters at most would think Androids are just someone with fancy tattoos. A few scholars know about them, but they are the more exception than the rule.

Quote:
Doc the Prestige, I've got a few PM's out to you. New to the site so maybe I've done it wrong. Let me know if you've got them.
I got them but since I saw your reply of nevermind, thought you changed your mind. I'll address it then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeDragon View Post
Then, I'll play an aquatic elf for two reasons: I'll probably never be able to play one again and if aquatic elves live in Freeport, this offers many opportunities for good roleplay, too.
The only thing worth noting the Aquatic elves call themselves sea elves (just a different name but yeah it's the aquatic elves' racial traits) and are of course seafarers.

The High Elves (classic elves with arcane training), the Wood-elves (living in forest and villages) and Sea elves (live in port/coast and also underwater) are the three major groups.
Old Apr 3rd, 2021, 08:46 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Balthazzar
Do you think this game will be conducive to my rogue putting effort into pumping up her UMD? As no Cleric has been submitted yet she could fill the healer roll with "wands of cure x wounds".

Also, with only 1 spell caster so far (potentially) she could provide spellcasting support.

No point in boosting UMD if it isn't going to be able to be utilized.

Last edited by Balthazzar; Apr 3rd, 2021 at 08:47 AM.
Old Apr 3rd, 2021, 11:17 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Doc the Prestige
Quote:
Do you think this game will be conducive to my rogue putting effort into pumping up her UMD? As no Cleric has been submitted yet she could fill the healer roll with "wands of cure x wounds".

Also, with only 1 spell caster so far (potentially) she could provide spellcasting support.

No point in boosting UMD if it isn't going to be able to be utilized.
Depends on availability really, in Freeport, not too difficult to buy Wands of Cure Light Wounds and Cure Moderate Wounds in most districts of Freeport (75% chance of availability)

3rd level and 4th level wands are rarer to get or obtain (Would have to check from time to time if it is in the marketplace)

Some places on the Continent sell some. The Continent is the closest mainland to Freeport.

The World Largest City, aka the City has of course all kinds of magic shops (found in the Ivory Ports nation on the Continent)

The Southlands is very magical but it's a long trip to get there (from Freeport)
Old Apr 3rd, 2021, 11:30 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Balthazzar
Even if UMD only provided the opportunity to be an out of combat healer it would be worth it. Anything else would be gravy.

Myrkyssa will power up her UMD skill.
Old Apr 3rd, 2021, 11:40 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4206
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
Well if there's no cleric and I'm accepted, then my inquisitor will take CLW as one of his two starting spells. (Secondary spellcaster.)
Old Apr 3rd, 2021, 09:10 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 208
Grimshaw Grimshaw Grimshaw
This looks like a fun adventure! I'll submit a character for your consideration:

Character submissionName:Thackeray Roye
right-aligned image

Character Sheet: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=88050

Race: Half-Elf

Class: Bard

Background: Thackeray was born in a remote rural commune. When he was just a boy, he saw a traveling bard play at a nearby inn, and was immediately entranced by the music. Ever since then he was determined to be a famous musician, and left home at a young age to pursue his musical dreams.

Years of singing in taverns and playing his music at village faires have garnered Thackeray very little success, however. Finally he had to admit the painful truth that he simply wasn't a very good musician, mainly because he had nothing to say as a songwriter.

And so, to remedy this situation Thackeray has set off on the road, hoping to find great adventures, see glorious sights and learn deep truths about life which he can turn into stirring music. It is this quest that has brought him to Freeport.

Thackeray is a laid-back, easy going guy who has a friendly word for anyone he meets, and a slightly-dirty shoulder for companions to cry on. Neither well-educated or well-trained in the art of combat, he has gotten by thus far on his quirky charm, a bit of magic and his dubious musical talents.

Thank you!
Closed Thread