DnD5e Age of The End (Homebrew Campaign) - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Apr 7th, 2021, 08:59 PM
The Dread Lord

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1115
Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan
Unknown Name
right-aligned image

Name: <Memory Leak> Name... Status: UNK
Class: Barbarian
Background: Outlander
Element: Steel
Fear: Ekrixiphobia - Fear of Combustion (Explosions)

Personality Traits:
I’m always picking things up, absently fiddling with them, and sometimes accidentally breaking them.

Ideals:
Change. Life is like the seasons, in constant change, and we must change with it. (Chaotic)

Bonds:
My family, clan, or tribe is the most important thing in my life, even when they are far from me.

Flaws:
Don’t expect me to save those who can’t save themselves. It is nature’s way that the strong thrive and the weak perish.

Backstory:
Waking up alone was not an ideal situation. Especially since I seem to have been crafted by a group of Trood's. According to my mechanics, It would seem I have been built for to be the weapon for my pack. An interesting situation seeing how there were no where to be found when I awoken. In pieces, It would seem that they didn't think they had made it far enough to turn me on. I am not sure what did eventually turn me on but when my eyes opened my pack was nowhere to be found. No tracks. No signs of struggle. Just how long have they been gone? I made it through the Great Bog. The only knowledge of my pack is this torn banner. A dark green axe on a bloody looking field covered in arrows. Where did they go? What happened to them? and What is my name?

I swear upon the Oath of Sangus
Old Apr 7th, 2021, 09:17 PM
King of the Dinosaurs

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 139
TyranntX TyranntX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impaleddearan View Post
Unknown Name
right-aligned image

Name: <Memory Leak> Name... Status: UNK
Class: Barbarian
Background: Outlander
Element: Steel
Fear: Ekrixiphobia - Fear of Combustion (Explosions)

Personality Traits:
Iím always picking things up, absently fiddling with them, and sometimes accidentally breaking them.

Ideals:
Change. Life is like the seasons, in constant change, and we must change with it. (Chaotic)

Bonds:
My family, clan, or tribe is the most important thing in my life, even when they are far from me.

Flaws:
Donít expect me to save those who canít save themselves. It is natureís way that the strong thrive and the weak perish.

Backstory:
Waking up alone was not an ideal situation. Especially since I seem to have been crafted by a group of Trood's. According to my mechanics, It would seem I have been built for to be the weapon for my pack. An interesting situation seeing how there were no where to be found when I awoken. In pieces, It would seem that they didn't think they had made it far enough to turn me on. I am not sure what did eventually turn me on but when my eyes opened my pack was nowhere to be found. No tracks. No signs of struggle. Just how long have they been gone? I made it through the Great Bog. The only knowledge of my pack is this torn banner. A dark green axe on a bloody looking field covered in arrows. Where did they go? What happened to them? and What is my name?

I like it, Troods would no doubt be smart enough to build something that advanced (as you may see in the story). You are approved
Old Apr 8th, 2021, 02:57 AM
I want to rule the night!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 926
catsquotl catsquotl catsquotl catsquotl catsquotl catsquotl catsquotl catsquotl
I was thinking about adding even more detail but decided against it for now.
As it stands my Application character is done.

Here it is..
Old Apr 8th, 2021, 04:19 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 495
Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula
Application- WIP
right-aligned image
Name: Greenback

Race: Saurial (Sognathus)

Class: Monk (Way of the Astral Self)

Background: Inheritor
  • Personality Traits: My actions and temperament are controlled and tempered, more than what can be said for magic.
    I'm a no-nonsense person. Don't ask me to entertain frivolities.
  • Ideal: Judgemental: I will only slay the bad ones, an honorable man does not deserve death.
  • Bond: I carry an ancient artifact that must not fall into the wrong hands.
  • Flaw: I find it hard to trust people who wield arcane magic.

Element: Light

Fear: Ophidiophobia - Fear of Snakes

Backstory: Greenback was born in a village in the White Jungle. The villagers considered it a great honor to enter the ranks of the monks of the Astral Way. Every year they would leave a baby to be raised among these holy men. And so it came to pass that Greenback came to live in the temple. It was a good life; a contemplative life; a peaceful life. On the twentieth anniversary of his birth, Greenback chose not to return to the outer world and instead took the vows to remain a monk forevermore.

Upon joining his place amongst the other monks the abbot, Jaxinthlix, summoned the young man. Greenback was told the real reason for the existence of this particular monastery. It guarded the secret to an ancient artifact. One that could be used for great good or great evil. It was not yet its time to be used amongst the people. It also needed to be kept from those who would twist it towards nefarious ends. And so, it was hidden in the temple.

For several decades Greenback meditated, tended the garden, played chess and stared up at the night sky. A quiet existence until the dreams started. Every night the monk would dream of the world burning in a black flame. The last thing he saw before waking were a pair of serpentine eyes. No matter how much he meditated to clear his mind, the dream persisted for months. Even Abbot Jaxinthlix could not decipher the dream other than it was a portent of some major calamity.

The day of Greenback's one hundredth first birthday started out much like any other. However, that is the day the snake came; a mighty titanoboa, 40 feet in length. And upon the back of this monstrosity rode a powerful swordmage who lead a band of marauders in attacking the temple. Abbot Jaxinthlix scattered the young ones and entrusted a scroll tube to Greenback, ordering him to flee and find the ancient artifact before the swordmage could get her hands on it. As he ran through the jungle, the monks fought and died.

Last edited by Shula; Apr 10th, 2021 at 12:45 AM.
Old Apr 8th, 2021, 05:51 AM
King of the Dinosaurs

Tools
User Statistics
TyranntX TyranntX
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsquotl View Post
I was thinking about adding even more detail but decided against it for now.
As it stands my Application character is done.

Here it is..
You are approved, with that our roster is at 2 confirmed and 1 pending

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shula View Post
Application- WIP
right-aligned image
Name: Greenback

Race: Saurial (Sognathus)

Class: Monk (Way of the Astral Self)

Background: Inheritor
  • Personality Traits:
  • Ideals:
  • Bonds:
  • Flaws:

Element: Light

Fear: Ophidiophobia - Fear of Snakes

Backstory:
I look forward to reading it when its done
Old Apr 8th, 2021, 12:07 PM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5209
Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby
Looks like a very exciting campaign. Would love to give it a try, but I don't think I can commit to the posting rate.

Best wishes to you all!
Old Apr 8th, 2021, 12:25 PM
King of the Dinosaurs

Tools
User Statistics
TyranntX TyranntX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homestarbaby View Post
Looks like a very exciting campaign. Would love to give it a try, but I don't think I can commit to the posting rate.

Best wishes to you all!
That's alright, I MIGHT lower the posting rate as the group gets larger... but that's part of the reason why it's so frequent to begin with. Anyway, thank you for showing your interest
Old Apr 8th, 2021, 03:31 PM
Nanomachines, Son!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1145
Solid Snek Solid Snek Solid Snek Solid Snek Solid Snek Solid Snek Solid Snek Solid Snek Solid Snek
Yangtso of the Howling CliffsName: Yangtso
Race: Or half-orc, if goliath is unavailable.Goliath
Class: Paladin
Background: Acolyte (of Saranna)
Element: Ice

Description: Yangtso is short for a goliath, at only a little over seven feet tall, and both stocky and muscular. His grey skin is covered with intricate tattoos of geometric patterns and blooming flowers, all gently bleeding into each other like a swirling ocean. His eyes are blue and without pupils.

As a warrior, Yangtso wears pieces of steel plate armor, but not a full set. The joints are left open, the plate replaced with leather and chain mail to give a greater range of motion at the cost of defense. As a monk, Yangtso wears white robes over the armor, with tasseled sleeves that drape over the upper arms like wings, and patterned with blue geometric shapes. As a belt, a blue rope wraps three times around his waist. He carries with him a wooden staff capped at both ends with brass. When he achieves a state of serenity, he may use magic to glaze the staff with ice and fashion a spearhead... a physical representation of his order's devotion to only use violence as a last resort, judged only as so when one is clear in his thoughts and spirit.

Backstory: Yangtso belongs to an order of warrior monks devoted to Saranna that actively seek to halt the powers of chaos. Made up of goliaths and orcish acolytes possessing a "Soul of Purest Rime", the order eschews their members' natural, "savage" inclinations and practices strict meditation to stave off aggression and rage. In doing so, they believe that they can deprive the forces of chaos from feeding off of negative emotions, and thus weaken them. So potent are these practices of meditation and their supposedly unique spirits, practiced monks even lower their heart rate, breath, and other biological functions, until their bodies become unnaturally cold. While in this state, monks gain the ability to cast magic, freezing the air around them or causing the wind to howl.

Yangtso seems to be no different in this regard. He remains calm and patient in all situations. He will restrain himself from rushing into any situation, even to the point of missing an opportunity to act entirely. His words are as carefully chosen as which emotions he chooses to express. Still, he is a warrior, whose martial talents were honed solely to defend those who can not fight for themselves, and while to an outsider he may seem unreproachable in conduct, to his order he is a failure.

Time and again, he has acted too rashly, and with too much emotion. While the order wished to remain cloistered away from the world, Yangtso believed that they should disperse among the lower continent, lest it follow the way of the upper and be destroyed. He believed that the monks' talents were being wasted when not shared with the world. The final straw was when Yangtso barged into a meeting among his masters and brought up the issue on last time.

As punishment, he was exiled from the temple in the mountains, not to return until he had gained the wisdom he pretended to have, and the humility necessary to learn. Unperturbed, Yangtso set out, not to fulfill his masters' wishes, but to prove his beliefs and create irrefutable evidence that now was the time for the monks to leave their mountain.

~ Oscar Wilde

Last edited by Solid Snek; Apr 8th, 2021 at 03:48 PM.
Old Apr 8th, 2021, 04:42 PM
King of the Dinosaurs

Tools
User Statistics
TyranntX TyranntX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Snek View Post
Yangtso of the Howling CliffsName: Yangtso
Race: Or half-orc, if goliath is unavailable.Goliath
Class: Paladin
Background: Acolyte (of Saranna)
Element: Ice

Description: Yangtso is short for a goliath, at only a little over seven feet tall, and both stocky and muscular. His grey skin is covered with intricate tattoos of geometric patterns and blooming flowers, all gently bleeding into each other like a swirling ocean. His eyes are blue and without pupils.

As a warrior, Yangtso wears pieces of steel plate armor, but not a full set. The joints are left open, the plate replaced with leather and chain mail to give a greater range of motion at the cost of defense. As a monk, Yangtso wears white robes over the armor, with tasseled sleeves that drape over the upper arms like wings, and patterned with blue geometric shapes. As a belt, a blue rope wraps three times around his waist. He carries with him a wooden staff capped at both ends with brass. When he achieves a state of serenity, he may use magic to glaze the staff with ice and fashion a spearhead... a physical representation of his order's devotion to only use violence as a last resort, judged only as so when one is clear in his thoughts and spirit.

Backstory: Yangtso belongs to an order of warrior monks devoted to Saranna that actively seek to halt the powers of chaos. Made up of goliaths and orcish acolytes possessing a "Soul of Purest Rime", the order eschews their members' natural, "savage" inclinations and practices strict meditation to stave off aggression and rage. In doing so, they believe that they can deprive the forces of chaos from feeding off of negative emotions, and thus weaken them. So potent are these practices of meditation and their supposedly unique spirits, practiced monks even lower their heart rate, breath, and other biological functions, until their bodies become unnaturally cold. While in this state, monks gain the ability to cast magic, freezing the air around them or causing the wind to howl.

Yangtso seems to be no different in this regard. He remains calm and patient in all situations. He will restrain himself from rushing into any situation, even to the point of missing an opportunity to act entirely. His words are as carefully chosen as which emotions he chooses to express. Still, he is a warrior, whose martial talents were honed solely to defend those who can not fight for themselves, and while to an outsider he may seem unreproachable in conduct, to his order he is a failure.

Time and again, he has acted too rashly, and with too much emotion. While the order wished to remain cloistered away from the world, Yangtso believed that they should disperse among the lower continent, lest it follow the way of the upper and be destroyed. He believed that the monks' talents were being wasted when not shared with the world. The final straw was when Yangtso barged into a meeting among his masters and brought up the issue on last time.

As punishment, he was exiled from the temple in the mountains, not to return until he had gained the wisdom he pretended to have, and the humility necessary to learn. Unperturbed, Yangtso set out, not to fulfill his masters' wishes, but to prove his beliefs and create irrefutable evidence that now was the time for the monks to leave their mountain.
Approved, with a paladin we now have a fair amount of muscle. Welcome to the game and thank you for showing your interest
Old Apr 9th, 2021, 03:48 AM
I want to rule the night!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 926
catsquotl catsquotl catsquotl catsquotl catsquotl catsquotl catsquotl catsquotl
Quick question.
Will you be starting the campaign as soon as you have a full group?
Or are you planning to wait until the application period is over...
June 5th.
Old Apr 9th, 2021, 04:50 AM
King of the Dinosaurs

Tools
User Statistics
TyranntX TyranntX
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsquotl View Post
Quick question.
Will you be starting the campaign as soon as you have a full group?
Or are you planning to wait until the application period is over...
June 5th.
We will be starting one-two weeks after we have reached the minimum requirement (6 players). to give any stragglers a chance to jump in before we begin
Old Apr 9th, 2021, 07:32 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 495
Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula
How old is a Sognathus when he becomes a young adult?

What is their lifespan?

Last edited by Shula; Apr 9th, 2021 at 07:38 AM.
Old Apr 9th, 2021, 08:16 AM
King of the Dinosaurs

Tools
User Statistics
TyranntX TyranntX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shula View Post
How old is a Sognathus when he becomes a young adult?

What is their lifespan?
Saurains reach maturity at 20 years of age, and can live to be 1000 on average. As for the Secret you shared, I think that is best discussed over PM. I have ideas, but I'd like to discuss them with you. Especially since I no nothing about your back story
Old Apr 9th, 2021, 03:23 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 103
TibbyLTP TibbyLTP
So, would you want us to run homebrew race/class before making an app post, or just go ahead and made a post and see what you think. I have a few ideas right now so I don't know quite yet what I would want to send you for review.
Old Apr 9th, 2021, 03:32 PM
King of the Dinosaurs

Tools
User Statistics
TyranntX TyranntX
Quote:
Originally Posted by TibbyLTP View Post
So, would you want us to run homebrew race/class before making an app post, or just go ahead and made a post and see what you think. I have a few ideas right now so I don't know quite yet what I would want to send you for review.
Send me a PM and I'll have a look over them