Go Back   RPG Crossing > Discussions > General Discussion
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Jul 19th, 2024, 05:57 PM
His divine shadow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10849
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
So the King’s Man.
Not as good as the first two but still entertaining. Rhys Ifans is clearly the best thing in it, as Rasputin. It’s a real shame he was not in it more. Gemma Atherton as Polly was the worst, and sadly in the movie too much. The guy who plays Shepherd, has the most convincing Scottish accent I’ve heard from an English man, so good, I thought they had an uncredited David Tennant at one point.
Old Jul 19th, 2024, 06:27 PM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6478
BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter One View Post
So I can learn from the master!
Then bow before me mortal!
Old Jul 20th, 2024, 02:10 PM
Beyond the Veil

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4525
Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDragon0 View Post
Then bow before me mortal!

No, the other one!

Started watching the Hunger Games prequel thing yesterday. Turned off after 30 mins. I don't know if it was because of, well Zegler and Dinkledge as I have completely lost respect for them both after their weird tyrades or whether it was just a rubbish film.

I suspect it was a bit of both.
Old Jul 20th, 2024, 02:36 PM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6478
BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0
Some films can only be run so many times before it's no longer watch worthy. Like tremors. After #4 and a TV series it was very redundant and excessive. They had a good run that's plenty. You know what I mean.
Old Jul 20th, 2024, 02:56 PM
His divine shadow

Tools
User Statistics
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter One View Post
No, the other one!

Started watching the Hunger Games prequel thing yesterday. Turned off after 30 mins. I don't know if it was because of, well Zegler and Dinkledge as I have completely lost respect for them both after their weird tyrades or whether it was just a rubbish film.

I suspect it was a bit of both.
Itís essentially an extended ripoff of a much superior Japanese film Battle Royale. Honestly that movie is in a three way tie for my favourite movie of all time. You didnít ask but Iíll tell you anyway.
The Adventures of Baron Munchausen
Inglorious Bastards.

Honourable mention to Time Bandits, which is sadly getting a crappy tv show, that looks awful.
Old Jul 21st, 2024, 06:43 AM
Beyond the Veil

Tools
User Statistics
Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One
Yep, heard of Battle Royale and keep meaning to watch it as also heard it is far superior to The Hunger Games.

Seen both Baron M and Time Bandits, and absolutely gutted they are making a Time Bandits tv show, as you said, it looks awful. Why does the "entertainment" industry think it is ok to keep taking a good thing and turn it into toilet water and expect to make money off of it. Even Terry Gilliam apparently walked away from the production and said "this is (rhymes with Fit)"

As for Inglorious Basterds, as it was recommended before, this is on my "to watch" list.

Last edited by Drifter One; Jul 21st, 2024 at 06:44 AM.
Old Jul 21st, 2024, 08:45 AM
His divine shadow

Tools
User Statistics
You don’t need to bother with the sequel to Battle Royale, it’s okayish but the original director died halfway through making it, and you can tell. Technically actually the rip-off started with the book. Battle Royale as a book is quite good, and gives the villains way more depth, though the everybody loves Shuya bits become annoying. I’m actually highly conflicted on which version I like better, which is very rare for me.

I’m glad that Terry has walked away from the Time Bandits production, as when I was a kid, this was my favourite movie, especially the song “Dream Away” at the end.

If anyone tries anything with The Adventures of Baron Munchausen, I am definitely not going to go full Phantom of the Opera on the production. Definitely not one of the meaner adaptations instead of the Lloyd-Webber version.
Old Jul 22nd, 2024, 05:38 AM
Beyond the Veil

Tools
User Statistics
Speaking of Phantom of the Opera...

Many moons ago, when you could get good deals on Theatre Productions, I got a Phantom ticket for a tenner. I was seated high up in the upper tier, but could see the stage fine and the acoustics were great. However, being of Victorian construction, and me being rather tall, said seating did not cater for me at all and I could not fit in the seat. Literally. Talking to the "person with the torch" (dunno their official title) they agreed to seat me elsewhere, the only problem being was that the theatre was packed.

The only seat available was by the fire exit at the back of the theatre, bolted to the partition wall facing away from the stage looking towards the toilets. So I had to turn in my seat and view the production by looking down the aisle steps between the seating.

Wasn't a great experience!

Last edited by Drifter One; Jul 22nd, 2024 at 05:40 AM.