twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Nov 4th, 2011, 11:38 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5129
Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain
My first character in DnD was a Baldur's Gate elf druid... Never really got too far with him... But like many stories in the thread I was young and didn't really understand the mechanics of the game at the time.
Old Nov 5th, 2011, 01:43 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Plurralbles
My guy was a half elf ranger in 3.5 D&D. We started at Paragon. I decided that undead and humanoids(orc) was my favored enemy. I had a black bear. My backstory included me wanting to make orcs extinct for burning and pillaging my village. Zyph was his name.

Almost died to a Shambling mound before I figured out the game's mechanics enough to understand how to play and do damage. That game lasted 2 sessions and I can't even remember what we were doing or why.

Last edited by Plurralbles; Nov 5th, 2011 at 01:43 AM.
Old Nov 25th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 55
aimo2522
My first character? It was years ago when my brother first got me into DnD...I don't even remember much about it. Now I have my Bamboo Spirit Folk Bard but no one outside my brother's group (he goes to university so I only get to see him for holidays) to play with.
Old Dec 13th, 2011, 12:04 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Jasonthegreat
Bit of a short character but my first one was a Tyr Monk who was thrust into building a rebellion against the LE leader of an oppressive religious organisation all the while trying to keep LG was fun and hard
Old Dec 14th, 2011, 08:35 PM
Chibi Commandant Supreme

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1328
HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin
My first character outside neverwinter nights was actually on this site since I was the dm amongst my friends. His name is Keath Aerman a beguiler (Shhhhh)
Old Dec 15th, 2011, 11:00 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 488
aivanther aivanther aivanther aivanther aivanther
My first character was for a Mechwarrior game that I joined midway in. Unfortunately, the game fell apart before my character was even introduced. I can't recall the details, but I think someone's family member went to the hospital, and we had to break up the game that day and never re-joined.
Old Dec 24th, 2011, 02:19 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 52
mnfrostbite
My first character (3.5e) was Khlei, a rogue that was hopelessly inept at fighting, but very useful at stealing lost-and-found numbers from little girls and convincing the town guards that I was a professional lock inspector. His most heroic victory was launching an arrow at and subsequently exploding a caveman, which resulted in the creation of a magical club. He met a tragic fate when his finger blew up after touching said club before watching his party wipe at the claws of a single smiledon.
Old Dec 26th, 2011, 02:41 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 110
ranmaga ranmaga
I once knew a dwarf from the east
Whom defended his kin like a beast
One fateful day
To his great dismay
An Orc Archer left him deceased.
Old Dec 28th, 2011, 11:41 PM
"Not just a pretty face."
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16530
Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin
My first real character was a Tiefling Wizard by the name of Ricendithas Moonshadow, made in the Dawnforge campaign setting.

To make a long story short, that campaign never really got anywhere and died out around when we got to level 8. So he never really got an actual IC ending.

That being said, in a later campaign I joined, also in Dawnforge, started by a player who I'd met in the other game, he did get an off-screen 'ending.' The player had liked my character quite a bit, and his character, and the weird buddy thing they had going so he worked the two of them into his plot for later (epic) levels. We never did get that far, but he did tell me what he had planned happened to my character.

In the end, he became so obsessed with acquiring arcane knowledge and got so sick of the distractions and people getting in his way that he essentially created himself his own pocket dimension, complete with tower, so he could just pour over every arcane tome and learn everything about everything, shunning pretty the whole world. He became the most powerful arcanist in the realms but since he didn't care much for flaunting the power, just acquiring it, he was also ultimately the most useless arcanist. Or something like that. It was years ago he told me, but the idea amused me enough that I decided to go with that is how he ended up.
Old Dec 29th, 2011, 05:24 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14
Theron
My first character that did something was a 3.5 elf duskblade named Minthral Nightwing. One of the last Duskblades alive in the world he hunted down a god-like power possesing wizard who was destroying anyone with magic.
Old Jan 3rd, 2012, 01:20 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Kaiden
My first character was Noris the Bold. He was a fighter, and I managed to get him up to 12 before my old DM devoured his soul when he decided it was a good idea to run Nightmare from Soul Calibur in the campaign... I never forgave him for that
Old Jan 3rd, 2012, 02:57 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2
Kuran
SWd20, a scoundrel I think. The adventure was dramatic, including such moments as a speeder chase through a city, being arrested and breaking out of jail(twice) and killing a cave-dwelling dark jedi(barley) when a banker shot him in the back.
Old Jan 3rd, 2012, 04:59 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
IvanAlgol
My first character is one I actually forgot for a long time. A simple half-elf rogue (3.5) who lasted for one session before he was forgotten. No, it was my second character, Gyrix, who holds a special place in my heart. Human rogue/fighter with the dragonic character template which was upgraded to the half-dragon template. He still exists to this day as the head of the thieves guild...
Old Jan 4th, 2012, 12:11 AM
Wyrmling

Tools
User Statistics
Witchcraft
It was a dragonborn sorcerer, if I recall correctly. Only played him once: hired to retrieve some stolen cargo, I fondly recall blasting a small group of goblins as they were shaking their spears (and probably shaking in their boots).
Old Jan 4th, 2012, 12:18 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1141
Pard Pard Pard Pard Pard Pard Pard Pard Pard
Besides the starter box prebuilt...

Uh a barbarian half-orc named Throt. It was love at first whack. We were playing a game of "X wants you to take Y to Z". God did I have fun rolling those two glorious d6's every round...