Game Thread Meseriel's Game (Part 1) - Page 10 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #136  
Old Mar 16th, 2015, 12:00 AM
Chchazz88's Avatar
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 is offline
Saath
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 26th, 2019
RPXP: 1347
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88
Posts: 4,105
Meseriel doesn't smile. She finds this man and all his company unsavory at best.
"I'm not in the habit of explaining myself to criminals. Lay down your sword and none need lose their lives."
She glances at the man with the arrow through his neck.
"... None more than he, at least."
__________________
Keelah se'lai
  #137  
Old Mar 16th, 2015, 08:20 PM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,295
Them or UsThe man finally hold his sword and scabbard out, looking at Shinoa with a defeated look on his face. He hesitates a moment, then drops both of them to the ground, and locks his eyes on the elf. "You know, without your bird in that tower... ah well, I guess it's all a moot point now. You're right about me not wanting to mess with you." The sound of a thud echoes from inside "However... you're wrong about no more lives needing to be lost. You see, you haven't met the cook!" The leader books it towards the lighthouse, leaving himself open for a potential strike from Meseriel. He also takes an arrow to one of his shoulders, while it slows him, it doesn't stop him.
( AoO for Meseriel.)
( Kil fires at him while he runs:
Dice Atk:
1d20+6 (17)+6 Total = 23
(23),
Dice Damage:
1d8+3 (5)+3 Total = 8
(8) )

As she takes her move, the sound of heavy footsteps inside reaches Meseriel's ears. The door kicks open in a loud crash, as the figure of enormous man steps outside. He's easily six and a half feet tall, with arms thicker than a average mans head. He wears a stained apron, and a scattered assortment of armor. Pauldrons on his shoulders and cuffs along his arms and legs, as well as an open faced metal helmet. His chest and stomach are exposed and he holds a large cleaver like blade in his hand. His face is scarred and when he grins, a number of missing teeth show. He speaks out in a deep and vicious voice. "Riley, this is the twit that's gives you so much troubles? I'll make this quick."

He starts forward, holding his weapon with both his hands as he marches with intent to kill.


EnemyLowest AC hitDamage TakenVisible Weapons/ArmorConditionsKnown BuffsPosition
Riley the Vagabond1716Unarmed/Unique Leather-NoneRunning to Light House
Silvan the Cook??0Cleaver Like Sword/Assorted Armor--15'
__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar

Last edited by Spazztick; Mar 16th, 2015 at 11:46 PM.
  #138  
Old Mar 18th, 2015, 09:30 PM
Chchazz88's Avatar
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 is offline
Saath
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 26th, 2019
RPXP: 1347
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88
Posts: 4,105
Meseriel ignores the leader as he runs past her, turning instead to the new threat. Holy words cone forth from her mouth and divine magic swirls and arcs down her blade and around her arms, legs, and torso, guiding her against this horrible foe. Her sword flashes and her armor shifts and scrapes.
ActionsCasts smite evil on the cook as a swift action (+3 to attacks, +2 to damage, +3 deflection mod to AC.
If the cook's not evil, I'm boned.
Dice Attadk:
1d20+7+3 (10)+7+3 Total = 20
(20)
Dice Damage:
1d6+4+2 (1)+4+2 Total = 7
(7)


StatusHP: 12, AC: 24, CMD: 18
Status: Injured
Effects: Smite Evil - cook
__________________
Keelah se'lai
  #139  
Old Mar 18th, 2015, 09:42 PM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,295
Quote:
Meseriel's eyes scan the man in front of her, not detecting any sign of evil, but when she focuses, something inside the building resonates through her senses. It's back behind the cracked open door, just at the edge of her detection range
(I'm getting over being sick right now so my whole body is sore and I can't focus on any writing right now anything outside of what I'm doing on my phone but I'll get to a post for you soon as I'm able
__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar

Last edited by Spazztick; Mar 18th, 2015 at 09:43 PM.
  #140  
Old Mar 19th, 2015, 07:35 PM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,295
No Mercy for the Wicked.Meseriel could only assume that the evil she sensed inside the building earlier, was in fact from this monster of a man. When she used her ability, she had a sudden insight into the man's truth. In a flash, she could see the man's horrible deeds, the lives of the innocent that he'd taken. There were images of the dead, animals and people alike, as well as images of the man throughout the years. It was sickening to feel the corruption of this man. The last vision she see's, is this cook in a more recent date, standing over the body of a dead child and a crying mother, she could feel the chill of his laughter. Her power yearned to cut this monster down and so to did she.

With that her spell flared to life, divine radiance coursing up her arms, as she moved in to strike, taking a nasty gash across the man's chest. Blood splatters as the wound sears, the holy fire of her magic cuts precisely. He cringes and shouts, attempting to counter with an attack of his own. Meseriel would have none of it, as she knocks away his blade with ease, causing the man to stumble slightly. If he had any clue what kind of being he faced, he would be running for his life, but evil rarely is rational.

The leader leaps up and grabs the ladder at an impressive height, and begins to climb up in a hurry, dripping blood behind him as he does. "I'm going to throw your ass from that tower little archer! You hear me!"

Kil tries to lean over the side to get a shot, but the angle makes it difficult. He tries nonetheless,
Dice Atk:
1d20+2 (2)+2 Total = 4
loosing another arrow down at the rapidly approaching foe. The arrow misses badly, which causes Kil to back up and drop his bow, drawing his mace from his side.


Meseriel's up

__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar

Last edited by Spazztick; Mar 19th, 2015 at 07:44 PM.
  #141  
Old Mar 20th, 2015, 02:17 AM
Chchazz88's Avatar
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 is offline
Saath
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 26th, 2019
RPXP: 1347
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88
Posts: 4,105
Meseriel attempts to drop the towering man. Sad that such physical strength would fall under control of a being so evil. His deeds are abhorred, but his wasted potential for good and justice is an equal abomination.
Dice Attack:
1d20+10 (10)+10 Total = 20

Dice Damage:
1d6+6 (6)+6 Total = 12

StatusHP: 12, AC: 24, CMD: 18
Status: Injured
Effects: Smite Evil - cook
__________________
Keelah se'lai

Last edited by Chchazz88; Mar 20th, 2015 at 02:18 AM.
  #142  
Old Mar 20th, 2015, 07:32 PM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,295
The Cook and the Lady FairMeseriel's eyes train the wicked cook through her helmet, her feet deftly moving her around him as they engage in a very dangerous dance. She dodges an elbow that almost clips her jaw, and brings her blade around for an attack. Her swing cuts the back of the man's right leg, leaving a huge gushing wound in a gap in his pieced together armor. He bares his teeth, gripping his blade tightly with both hands as he slams his weapon down towards her. The speed and force at which the counter came, would have been worth worrying about, though Meseriel shows no sign of it.

She raises her sword and slams into his incoming blade with force, stopping the mans weapon in it's track, inches before it would've connected with her. Her eyes for a moment, flash with a red fire, as if they were resembling a burning hearth. He fights to force her down, but is unable to overcome the elf with her divine powers. Had he only knew this was a battle he could not likely win, then perhaps he would've fled. Though something told the elf, that this was not a man that would back down while standing in front of deaths door, but instead he would charge through it, arms open and accepting. Perhaps when she ended his life, he would understand the error of his ways. Perhaps he would die never getting a chance at redemption. In her head, word whisper in a tongue that is foreign to her, like the sound of crackling fire and dark magic, yet she understands them clearly. "Finish him... bleed him out.. where he goes, he belongs... his soul was damned from the start."

Kil stands at the top of the tower, still bleeding severely from the crossbow wound on his shoulder. The bandit leader crests the top of the ladder, attempting to climb up to the waiting archer.
Dice Atk:
1d20+2 (15)+2 Total = 17
Dice damage:
1d6+1 (1)+1 Total = 2
He swings his mace down with force, trying to knock the approaching that away, before it is upon him. The mace smashes into the mans hand, causing him to lose his hold and fall back down to the next handle, he shouts out a curse and continues to climb up. It only takes him another second, before he's standing up in Kil's face, the two foes now standing face to face.
Dice atk:
1d20+2 (10)+2 Total = 12
Kil takes his chance to strike again, as the leader left himself well open for another. He knocks away the strike with one of his hands, proving he's much stronger than the bard. With a maniacal look on his face, he licks the blood from his lip and speaks. "That all of you've got little man..." Kil then begins to retreat backwards, looking to flee from the man that's now reaching for a dagger on his belt.


Meseriel's Up. (Also, you understand the Infernal tongue, and if you tried would find that you can speak it fluently. (Might want to add that to your list.))

EnemyLowest AC hitDamage TakenVisible Weapons/ArmorConditionsKnown BuffsPosition
Riley the Vagabond1718Unarmed/Unique Leather-NoneRunning to Light House
Silvan the Cook2019Cleaver Like Sword/Assorted Armor--15'

__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar

Last edited by Spazztick; Mar 20th, 2015 at 07:58 PM.
  #143  
Old Mar 23rd, 2015, 11:38 PM
Chchazz88's Avatar
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 is offline
Saath
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 26th, 2019
RPXP: 1347
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88
Posts: 4,105
As her gaze darkens, Meseriel stands taller and straighter, twirling the blade to clear it of blood before plunging it into the man's chest. Her ears are deafened to Kil's call for help as the scent of blood and the feel of rending flesh overtake her.
"I send you to your burning fate, cretin of darkness." She says in booming celestial, feeling powerful for the first time in a long time.
Dice Attack:
1d20+10 (19)+10 Total = 29

Dice Damage:
1d6+6 (4)+6 Total = 10

StatusHP: 12, AC: 24, CMD: 18
Status: Injured
Effects: Smite Evil - cook

OOCThis is so freaking epic!
__________________
Keelah se'lai

Last edited by Chchazz88; Mar 23rd, 2015 at 11:42 PM.
  #144  
Old Mar 24th, 2015, 12:19 AM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,295
(Ooc: If i didn't know better, I'd say that was a Threat for a Critical hit... CONFIRM THIS SUMABICH into oblivion! Also, I'm glad you think it's epic, I'm enjoying this battle quite a lot.)

Feeding the MonsterThe dance continued as the elf spun around the monster of a man, shifting away from his massive weapon and countering with precision. Meseriel's arm feels as if it's being guided, while she shouts her words out in the tongue of the angels. Her wrist twists inward, the blade shifting ever closer to the man's heart. The moment the tip pierced flesh, she could feel it inside her, like satiating a hunger that she hadn't gotten to in months. This only pushed her further, as she used her strength to bury the blade to the hilt, nearly half of the blade puncturing out the back of her foe. The Cooks eyes went wide, as she pulled the blade from his heart and stepped away from the falling body. Time moved slowly for Meseriel, as a euphoric feeling washed over her. "Yessssss.... yesssss...."

The sound of Kil's shouting was just a muffled noise, something Meseriel couldn't have heard if had tried. Her vision blurred and then darkened, watching as the body hit the ground and the blood began to pool. A tint of red began to overwhelm her sight, as if she was looking at her surroundings through stained glass. A noise off towards the forest, caused her eyes to drift to the man with the arrow in his leg. In her head, she could see herself walking over to the already nearly dead man and plunging her blade through his neck. "Yesss.... End him..." She fights an instinct that's not her own, doing whatever she can to hold herself back. Her friend needed her, but there was something else that needed her as well. Something that needed her to let go, give away control. Something she did not want to have control.


(I need a Will Save from you good Sir.)

__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar

Last edited by Spazztick; Mar 24th, 2015 at 02:21 AM.
  #145  
Old Mar 24th, 2015, 01:59 AM
Chchazz88's Avatar
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 is offline
Saath
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 26th, 2019
RPXP: 1347
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88
Posts: 4,105
OOCRight! Forgot about that!

Dice Crit Confirm:
1d20+10 (15)+10 Total = 25

WOOOOOOOOH!
I think that's the first time I've ever crit anything on this site.
That deals a whopping twenty damage, thanks very much!
__________________
Keelah se'lai

Last edited by Chchazz88; Mar 24th, 2015 at 02:02 AM.
  #146  
Old Mar 24th, 2015, 02:30 AM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,295
oohScore! I just assumed it was a crit xD it's all ready for you on the previous post, just a will save and some reaction to trying to fight off whatever it is, and we'll get some more going.)
__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar
  #147  
Old Mar 24th, 2015, 10:44 AM
Chchazz88's Avatar
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 is offline
Saath
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 26th, 2019
RPXP: 1347
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88
Posts: 4,105
Something within her screams out. No! He has surrendered! He is not dangerous! Save Kil!
Dice Will Save:
1d20+3 (20)+3 Total = 23
__________________
Keelah se'lai
  #148  
Old Mar 24th, 2015, 07:31 PM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,295
I am in control!The seeping hatred within her, begins to feel right in her mind and she can taste blood. Her vision focuses on the struggling man, everything besides the target was just a blur. Meseriel had come to far to lose control right now, she would not have it. Through her will alone, she fights off the craving and forces it back within her. She focuses so intently, picturing trapping that darkness that was within her. She could see wrapping chains around a prison and finally clasping it with giant lock. Then she lets it fade from her, free of any loss of control.

Meseriel looks over to the lighthouse, hearing a clatter of movement within it. It seemed Kil had fled down into the lighthouse. There's a loud crash and a groan of pain, followed by something falling down stairs. As Meseriel moves towards the building, she can hear a sound at the doors at the towers base. Someone was unbarring the lock, there being only two options at this time, she could only hope it was her companion.


__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar

Last edited by Spazztick; Mar 24th, 2015 at 07:31 PM.
  #149  
Old Mar 24th, 2015, 08:14 PM
Chchazz88's Avatar
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 is offline
Saath
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 26th, 2019
RPXP: 1347
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88
Posts: 4,105
Meseriel wipes the remaining blood across her already-soiled armor and approaches the door, keeping her blade drawn. She opens the door, prepared to either execute or heal.
__________________
Keelah se'lai
  #150  
Old Mar 24th, 2015, 08:24 PM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,295
Meseriel goes to open the double doors, giving a tug on one of the handles. It hits some resistance, but then it suddenly opens quicker. With it the opposite door opens also, as a stumbling form with blonde hair tumbles out of the inside. The musically inclined man comes to a stop a short distance outside, giving a look to the elf as he does so. His eyes are wide and he looks much worse for wear, his face pale and his clothes blood soaked. He smiles through his pain, breathing heavily as he does so, apparently happy to see his traveling companion still in one piece.

Inside the building, there is a spiral staircase that leads up along the lighthouse walls. There are dozens of barrels and sacks, piled on the floor and stacked up against the walls. At the bottom of the steps, the leader that Meseriel had faced earlier, lay on his back with an arrow sticking out of one of his eyes.

"Y...you're alive! Great news.. didn't.. doubt you for a second, now If I could just take a seat." Kil stumbles over to the lighthouse's outside wall, leans against it and slumps down to the ground, clutching at the wound on his shoulder. "That was nuts, I thought we were toast for sure! That man who came out, was a damn monster! Are you okay?

OOC: Combat is OverCongratulations, You have leveled to 3rd! (...and Kil leveled too!)

combat has ended and you are victorious! I'll work up a complete list of loot from the fallen bandits, as well as what remains from their various hauls.

The only bandit who didn't bleed out, is the one who was shot in the leg earlier. He's unconscious but stable.

That critical Will Save, actually has substantial relevance, while I can't yet reveal what it is, know that it is good. Keep acing saves and good things are to come for Meseriel.

Once the RP has been resolved here, we'll have put a close to Chapter 1 in Meseriel's story. (We can streamline back to Davinport once you're done here. If that's where you'd like to go.)


__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar

Last edited by Spazztick; Mar 24th, 2015 at 10:03 PM.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:29 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB