Game Thread Meseriel's Game (Part 1) - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #46  
Old Jan 13th, 2015, 01:22 PM
Chchazz88's Avatar
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 is offline
Saath
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 26th, 2019
RPXP: 1347
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88
Posts: 4,105
"I would greatly appreciate the assistance, Kil. I can manage the ground soldiers, but I need someone to pin down the snipers, as they'll surely have bowmen. How many men did you lead against them initially? And how was it so many died?"
Meseriel leans forward, suddenly possessed of an insatiable curiosity.
__________________
Keelah se'lai
  #47  
Old Jan 13th, 2015, 09:08 PM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,295
Confidence"I'll do my best." He starts as a matter of fact, then pours himself a drink of his own, getting a look that he completely ignores from Yuri. He chugs it as the constable begin to speak.

"One man was sent up originally, so that I could get somebody up there working the lighthouse again, and have a keeper to tend to the house. I did owe the ol' gaffer a favor from awhile back. And I certainly don't need ships running ashore in the wrong weather, though rare it's known to happen. One of Siegfried's sons had been there before vanishing awhile back. The man I sent up to scout discovered it's new residence, reported back to me and then I sent six to have them vacate. You were right to assume they have bowman, at least they have one quite skilled one, as they were in front of the house, a large man in the lighthouse rained hell itself on them. They weren't trying to do this discreetly, as orders from Terious, tend to have sway even on the more corrupted individuals. Apparently they didn't care much for that and after a short talk, swarmed my men and it was a slaughter fest. Rodrick claims that at least some of the bandits were injured, if not mortally so. They have a variety of types, mostly lighter armor though. That's about all I know."

He finally starts to drink at his ale, as he stands up and moves towards the guard at the door. He takes two bags of coins from him, handing one to Kil and the other to Meseriel. "If you're rather set on doing this, get what supplies you need, get your whistling archer friend there some gear and do be careful." There's around a hundred and fifty gold in each pack, a substantially generous offer for a job not even complete. "Yuri can direct you to Mason, a man who deals almost exclusively in weapons and armor. Now if there are any other questions you'd like to ask me before I go, I do have other business to attend to."
__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar

Last edited by Spazztick; Jan 13th, 2015 at 09:10 PM.
  #48  
Old Jan 13th, 2015, 09:50 PM
Chchazz88's Avatar
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 is offline
Saath
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 26th, 2019
RPXP: 1347
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88
Posts: 4,105
"I think I manage the rest on my own. Thank you so much for your friendly assistance and this opportunity. To be honest, before today I had it in my mind that all men were untrustworthy savages eager to butcher and maim that which they don't understand. I see now that, although there are some like that, there are also those who have good in their hearts."
She too stands and replaces her helmet upon her head, lowering the visor and running a hand over the hilt of both her swords to ensure they were still there. She looks around the room to assure herself everything is in order before saying - in a slightly commanding tone, "Come, Kil. We have much to do before we strike."

Meseriel allows everyone else who is so inclined to exit before her, and once in the street she turns to Kil.
"Lead on. It would be prudent for us to speak to this Mason fellow as soon as possible. I'll also need a demonstration of your skill with the bow, if you don't mind, and you'll likely need actual weapons and armor if you are to survive this without injury."
__________________
Keelah se'lai
  #49  
Old Jan 14th, 2015, 02:38 AM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,295
Preparing for DepatureMeseriel stands up, keeping the parchment concealed at her side. The constable lets out a faint chuckle then responds. "...and most of our kin think elves "were" purely practitioners of dark magics, sacrificing human children and using their craft to raise devils from the hells to plague the land. It's funny how years of separation can pollute the minds. A quick word of caution, I would still keep your identity concealed for now, though I see you've got that covered. It has been a pleasure and an honor to meet you Meseriel, take care." He shakes her hand and then is on his way.

"Right... onward to speak with Mason. We can do this." He starts to head out the door, when Yuri coughs.

"Do you know where his shop is Kil?" The old man states out loud, his back turned to the door. Kill stammers for a second, then gives a halfhearted smile to Meseriel and looks to Yuri for an answer. Yuri is over behind the counter, filling a container up. When he's finished then turns around and walks over to the two of them. In his hand he's holding a large alabaster flask, with a delicately carved elk on it's front. He holds it out for the elf to take. "Here. Some Hearthfire for the road, got the flask for a trader many years ago, never even use the thing. Be careful out there, and keep an eye an Kil would you. He is quite adamant and stubborn about making sure she takes it, not taking no for an answer. She's quite aware he was lying when he said he doesn't use it. He explains in detail how to get to Masons, telling it well enough that the Meseriel even thinks she could navigate to there by herself. There's a kindess in the mans eyes, as he rests a hand on Kil's shoulder. "And you look out for her lad." He then locks up his shop as they leave, seeming to have lost the mood to keep it open for the day.

Kil leads the way, heading back out among the populace, still staying on the outskirts of the city. They take a number of turns, then come across a small house with no markings. There's a man on the front porch, smoking from a pipe and sipping at a dark bottle of some kind. The place matched the description and they quickly are able to find out the man was who they sought. After a few words, he takes them around the back and into a cellar, undoing seven an outer door with two locks and then a second door with four more locks, as he goes to take them down into his arms room. While cautious at first, being taken down into a dark underground room, it turned out to be exactly as he said. There were pillars for support to the house above, assorted tables with any number of weapons, frames to hold up armor, armor racks, barrels of ammunition and the walls were covered in weapons.


 
__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar

Last edited by Spazztick; Jan 14th, 2015 at 02:48 AM.
  #50  
Old Jan 14th, 2015, 02:32 PM
Chchazz88's Avatar
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 is offline
Saath
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 26th, 2019
RPXP: 1347
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88
Posts: 4,105
OMG SHOPPIIIIIIIIING!Meseriel looks around the room in wonder. The armory in her old village was half this size, since most warriors simply carried their weapons with them or stored them in their homes.
"Take me to your bows, please." She tells the man, following his lead. She turns to Kil.
"What kind are you used to? I have this one as well, but for 150 gold, we should be able to equip you better than that."
She looks him up and down, tilting her helmet in annoyance. Looking through a visor all the time would take some getting used to.
"I'm also thinking leather armor, or maybe some with iron studs. I assume you've never actually shot a man before?"

Following Mr. Mason, she stops by a row of bows and removes hers from her back as well.
"Here, try this one first, then we can look through the rest of these. I'm assuming it's alright if we try them out? I brought my own arrows..." She says, first to Kil, then to Mason.
__________________
Keelah se'lai

Last edited by Chchazz88; Jan 14th, 2015 at 02:33 PM.
  #51  
Old Jan 14th, 2015, 08:25 PM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,295
Mason's ArmoryWith a nod and a grunt, Mason leads them around a rack full of pole-arms, to a beautiful selection of shorbows, longbows and crossbows. On the shelves of the table that has smaller crossbows, are varying types of arrows in clusters and quivers. There are varying qualities of bows on the wall, but the best of them are on the right side. "The one's on the right come from Whitewall, they're unrivaled with their craftsmanship and bowman-ship.... Need quite a strong arm to pull those back though. The higher up they are, the harder they are to pull. That one up top there, take a damn giant to pull back it's string... have yet to meet a man who can do it." He then steps back and lets them look them over. When she asks about testing them out, Mason gesturesdown the wall to the left, where there's hay bail standing upright, with a red and white target on the front.

"Whatever you think is best, I've worn studded leather armor before. A bit clunky if you ask me, but much easier than the all metal armors. I am all for surviving though!" He says as they're walking over to the bows, then looks in awe at the wide array of ranged weapons. "I always use a short bow to hunt when i'm after smaller game, though I have prefer a longbow, especially when I'm out deer or elk hunting. I imagine people hunting would be along those later lines." Kil takes her up on the offer to try out her bow, easily pulling back the string. "I do like the size. Something like this, maybe a bit more taught would work. Let me try and shoot it." He knocks an arrow and aims for the target against the wall. He looks fairly confident in his posture, but goes to loose the arrow his grip slips on the weapon and the missile flies awry, clanking into one of the tables on the way to the target, with not even enough force to stick. "Heh... oops. Let me try again." He tries to smile through his embarrassment, as he tries another time. This time he finds purchase in the hay bail, but misses the target.

"Maybe a longbow would be better." He says, as he hands her bow back. Mason then speaks up and recommends that he try firing after he's wearing his armor, for reasons that he didn't feel needed to be explained.


Fun fact, apparently Kil sucks with a short bow. Rolled a 1 and then a 7.
Kil Atk:
Dice Atk:
1d20+5 (1)+5 Total = 6
(6)
Kil Atk 2:
Dice atk2:
1d20+5 (7)+5 Total = 12
(12)
__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar

Last edited by Spazztick; Jan 14th, 2015 at 08:49 PM.
  #52  
Old Jan 14th, 2015, 08:34 PM
Chchazz88's Avatar
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 is offline
Saath
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 26th, 2019
RPXP: 1347
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88
Posts: 4,105
"As many as you wish." Meseriel says, patience twinkling in her eyes. This is as much for her benefit as for his. She observes his posture and method each time he fires, and focuses more on that then on how well-placed his shots are.
Turning to Mason briefly, she says, "Might you bring us a pair of studded leather and regular leather armor for him to try on? I want to make sure he can shoot while protected as well."
Her tone is cheery and elated, like someone during the holiday season might be.
__________________
Keelah se'lai
  #53  
Old Jan 14th, 2015, 08:44 PM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,295
Mason's ArmoryMason moves a few crossbows off the table, leaning them against the wall and then goes to fetch the armor. He brings the studded leather and then goes to fetch the regular leather armor. Kil begins to suit up, getting help with a couple hard to reach straps before he is all ready. He seems to be feeling confident in it, though Meseriel had seen what his confidence was like with the short bow. "I like it. Okay... let's look at these bows." He grabs a quiver off one of the shelves, throws it over his shoulder, the strap crossing his chest. He's noticeably smiling, apparently the elves good mood is bringing out a better one in Kil. He starts grabbing bows of the wall, attempting to pull back some and failing miserably, barely able to even bring the string back. One he tries he manages to get back, but lets go of the string after his finger starts straining and it twangs loudly. Mason cringes, takes the bow from him and puts it on the wall, grabbing one two down and to the left and handing it back to him.

Kil tests the string and it's perfect, just the right amount of tension before it yields to his strength. It seemed Mason could have saved them some time, would he have just chosen for him to begin with, as he seemed an excellent judge. He steps back and watches as Kil draws an arrow from the quiver and goes to test the bow. He knocks the arrow, aims it steadily, perfect balance in his arm and lets the arrow fire. It hisses through the air and thumps into the target, smacking right dead center in the bullseye. Kil lets out a yelp of excitement looking back to the others, wide eyed and impressed with himself. "Holy moly! Did you see that... oh I want this one."

Mason speaks up. "Nice shot. Seems you've got a winner there. So, I'll give you the friend discount, since Yuri and I go way back. Twenty gold for the armor, two-hundred and fifty gold for the bow. That's a whitewall bow, you won't find one less than double that... that I can swear."


I'm going to un-secret the rolls.
Kil Atk:
Dice atk:
1d20+6 (19)+6 Total = 25
(25),
Dice dmg:
1d8+1 (7)+1 Total = 8
(8)

__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar

Last edited by Spazztick; Jan 14th, 2015 at 09:07 PM.
  #54  
Old Jan 14th, 2015, 08:46 PM
Chchazz88's Avatar
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 is offline
Saath
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 26th, 2019
RPXP: 1347
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88
Posts: 4,105
Meseriel watches studiously.
OOCBasically, I just need to know if he can actually shoot with armor on, or at all to begin with.
__________________
Keelah se'lai
  #55  
Old Jan 14th, 2015, 09:00 PM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,295
oocHe seems to be quite happy with his maneuverability in the studded leather, and after a few more shots you realize he can shoot with the armor on without issue.
__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar

Last edited by Spazztick; Jan 14th, 2015 at 09:00 PM.
  #56  
Old Jan 14th, 2015, 09:54 PM
Chchazz88's Avatar
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 is offline
Saath
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 26th, 2019
RPXP: 1347
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88
Posts: 4,105
After about a dozen shots, Meseriel nods approvingly and turns back to Mason.
"Your judgement is good. I'm impressed. We may need a few more mundane supplies, but until then, I have an idea. Do you have any kind of grappling-line that might be fired from a crossbow? We need to get somewhere high in a short period of time."
__________________
Keelah se'lai
  #57  
Old Jan 14th, 2015, 10:08 PM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,295
Mason's Armory"When you've been doing this awhile, you tend to have an eye for it. I think I could pick you out an ideal bow as well, though your armor makes it a bit more challenging." He doesn't once question why she's kept her face hidden under her armor, as he seems to be comfortable dealing with those that keep their identities hidden. For kicks he gestures at the fourth one down on the far right side, a composite longbow with two metal pulleys at the end. If she were to try it, she'd find it was a MW Composite longbow (+3 STR allounce)perfect fit.

When asked then Mason wastes no time walking to the other side of the crossbow table, kneeling down to a drawer at it's base and pulling it out. Within there are a number of types of crossbow bolts with hooked ends, some looking designed for wrapping around the rope itself, while others are designed to hold onto solid surfaces. He gestures down at the bolts, all of which have silk rope coiled into fine bundles attached to them, ready to unravel at a given shot. There are varying sizes, ones with slightly thinner rope made for light crossbows and thicker rope for heavy crossbows. He continues to lead them to whatever items they need, weapon, armor, basic adventuring gear and even more non-basic items.
__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar

Last edited by Spazztick; Jan 14th, 2015 at 10:10 PM.
  #58  
Old Jan 15th, 2015, 02:14 AM
Chchazz88's Avatar
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 is offline
Saath
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 26th, 2019
RPXP: 1347
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88
Posts: 4,105
OOCI'll have a list of what I want to buy tomorrow.
__________________
Keelah se'lai
  #59  
Old Jan 15th, 2015, 05:57 PM
Chchazz88's Avatar
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 is offline
Saath
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 26th, 2019
RPXP: 1347
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88
Posts: 4,105
MW Composite Longbow (+3 Str allowance)
Studded leather armor
Standard adventuring gear
Longbow
Shortbow
Two quivers of 20 arrows
__________________
Keelah se'lai
  #60  
Old Jan 15th, 2015, 07:20 PM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,295
oocOkay, All bows made in Whitewall are masterwork, So the bow he let Kil try that he told him he's sell for 250 gold is a MW Composite Longbow(+1 STR),

The bow he showed Meseriel is a MW Composite Longbow(+3 STR), He will tell you right off the back that it will not run as cheap. (500 gold) Both bows are made of Yew, small designs etched on the side lightly into the wood.

The rest of the stuff is easy enough, he tells you he'll throw in a mundane supplies, a short bow and as many arrows as you can carry for free, should you be buying the armor and the composite bows.

Kil gives you his 150 gold pouch, plus 10 gold from his stuff he sold earlier, including offering the ring that he'd looted from the bandit earlier, which Mason says he'll give him 40 gold credit for, making his total contribution 200 gold.

So for 750 gold, you get two composite longbows, armor for Kil as well as any mundane items you need, a short bow and any basic non-masterwork weapons that aren't metal, with the exception of simple light weapons.(daggers and the sort.)
__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:26 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB