Game Thread Meseriel's Game (Part 1) - Page 6 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #76  
Old Jan 28th, 2015, 11:32 PM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,295
(You and Kil are able to determine, logically so, that crossing the river here and scaling the cliff, holds about a 75-80% probability of sustaining injury, including but not limited to: Sever head trauma, Falling down a cliff onto rocks, having other rocks fall on you, slipping and being washed down river rapids. (If you took off your armor, you think you'd stand a better chance, lowering the risk of injury to a mere 60%.) The coast is not far off, just risks being out in the open, though there are less risky places to cross the closer you get to the coast. (25-30% chance of injury with armor on.)

What, from behind!?As Kil and Meseriel are talking over options, the human turns and looks at something behind them. Meseriel didn't hear anything, but turns to look as well, as they both freeze in their tracks, looking at two fairly large wolves, keeping a safe distance away from the two beings at the cliffs edge. One is covered in scars, while the other's fur seems to be in much better shape, likely a pair. The wolves coats are shades of grey, their eyes our a deep yellow. They both pace together at that distance, though their eyes stay on the two that march to risk their lives against bandits. Kil slowly starts to move to draw an arrow from the quiver on his hip, but his movement triggers the wolves to both freeze in their motions. Meseriel can hear him gulp, as he hums nervously, knocking an arrow as he waits.

__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar

Last edited by Spazztick; Jan 28th, 2015 at 11:38 PM.
  #77  
Old Jan 28th, 2015, 11:46 PM
Chchazz88's Avatar
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 is offline
Saath
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 26th, 2019
RPXP: 1347
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88
Posts: 4,105
Meseriel nearly weeps. The wolf covered in scars was likely tortured and attacked many times by men. Such beautiful creatures are not meant to be tainted and defiled in such a way. They would likely try and attack them now, simply out of hatred for all men. Still, Kil was good and deserved to be protected. Meseriel's hand tightened on the hilt of her sword as she braced herself for what had to be done. There was no emotion in combat. Only struggle... skill... death...
With one fluid motion, Meseriel draws her short sword and slings the shield on her back to her hand. Stepping forward to provide Kil with partial cover, she braces herself for the first blow and begins looking for her chance to strike.

"Don't overthink it." She murmurs to Kil, her voice entirely devoid of emotion.
Dice Initiative:
1d20+3 (3)+3 Total = 6
(6)
__________________
Keelah se'lai

Last edited by Chchazz88; Jan 28th, 2015 at 11:47 PM.
  #78  
Old Jan 29th, 2015, 01:20 AM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,295
Hate Roots Deep.Meseriel and Kil hold their ground initially, watching to see what the wild animals would do. The pair of wolves hold still for a moment, the smaller framed one standing behind it's larger protector. There's a strong tension in the air, as they size up their potential prey. Meseriel can tell that some of the wounds on the larger wolf are from fighting other animals, while others are almost certainly done by human hands. They start to slowly pace back the other direction. When they turn, the less scarred wolf shows a side they had not seen, a huge gaping gash that leaves a trail of missing fur. It runs from the base of her neck, all the way to her rear flank. It is a wonder that that the creature could live through something so severe, but it has all but healed. A keen eye could see that there is a faint limp in the wolfs step, an even keener tell that the wound was done by a very sharp blade. What story lay behind such an incident, was only for the gods to know and others to wonder.

 

The wolves look as if they're prepared to strike, but they make no move to advance on the two. Instead they keep at their distance, only snarling when either of the two make movements. Meseriel's movements cause the wolves to edge forward, but still they do not charge. Kil starts to draw his bow back in preparation, waiting to see what happens. "I... I won't." He starts humming and Meseriel can feel that unnatural presence from before. She feels herself moving with just a bit more finesse, as well as a reinforced confidence. "They're going to attack us aren't they?" He asks the elf, speaking between his nervous humming.


You are under the effects of the bard song, go figure right, inspire courage. +1 atk/dmg, +1 vs charm/fear
It is to your initiative.
__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar

Last edited by Spazztick; Jan 31st, 2015 at 01:00 PM.
  #79  
Old Jan 30th, 2015, 11:02 AM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,295
Hope my post wasn't to depressing... <.<
__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar
  #80  
Old Jan 30th, 2015, 08:58 PM
Chchazz88's Avatar
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 is offline
Saath
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 26th, 2019
RPXP: 1347
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88
Posts: 4,105
"I will attack if they do, but I have no wish to end their lives. Hold steady, good archer." Meseriel says evenly.

I ready an action to attack if they advance into any of my threatened squares.

OOCThere is beauty in sadness, strange as that may seem. I thought your post was excellent.
__________________
Keelah se'lai
  #81  
Old Jan 31st, 2015, 01:08 PM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,295
One thing certain in life, is death.They stand staring back and forth for what seems like a long time, even if it was only hardly a minute, when Kil shifts his weight and a stick under his foot cracks loudly as it breaks. Meseriel cringe's at the sound and the wolves pounce forward into action, bolting towards the two of them. They move with a quickness, Kil's humming grows louder and more frantic. They dart back and forth as they advance, switching sides as both come leaping towards Meseriel, one from each side.

Kil's bow makes a twang sound, as he
Dice Attack:
1d20+7 (19)+7 Total = 26
Dice damage:
1d8+3 (1)+3 Total = 4
looses an arrow at the advancing animal. The arrow finds it's mark in the monster of a wolf, as it finishes closing towards Meseriel. The arrow sinks into it's shoulder, it lets out a growl, but the beast doesn't slow. The alpha male gets to Meseriel first, landing down at her side, followed by the smaller wolf on her other side. It was obvious these wolves knew how to hunt together. Meseriel senses the bite coming from behind her, leans to the side and avoids the attack, as she finishes her swinging motion against the larger wolf.


 


__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar

Last edited by Spazztick; Jan 31st, 2015 at 01:43 PM.
  #82  
Old Feb 1st, 2015, 06:09 PM
Chchazz88's Avatar
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 is offline
Saath
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 26th, 2019
RPXP: 1347
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88
Posts: 4,105
With a smooth, practiced motion, Meseriel plunges her shortsword into the wolf, sliding it back out and twirling with the grace of a dancer.

Rolls
Dice Attack:
1d20+7 (12)+7 Total = 19
(19)
Dice Damage:
1d6+7 (6)+7 Total = 13
(13)
Sorry, that's supposed to be +4 to the damage, not +7.
__________________
Keelah se'lai

Last edited by Chchazz88; Feb 1st, 2015 at 06:11 PM.
  #83  
Old Feb 1st, 2015, 07:30 PM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,295
Unstoppable.With deft motions, Meseriel predicts the animals movement, plunging her sword into the wolfs side. The wound was deep but a bit further back than she'd have wanted, missing the beasts heart. It bleed profusely but does not give up it's assault, lunging forward it clamps it's strong jaws around Meseriel's ankle. She feels 4 Damagea sharp pain, as it's long teeth grip into her flesh and pull. Before she knows what's happening, the world starts moving rapidly, the sky becoming the main field of her vision. She hits the ground flat on her back, sword and shield at the ready as her situation goes from bad to worse. Meseriel hears Kil's gasp of shock, as he draws back on the string to prepare for his next attack.



 
__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar

Last edited by Spazztick; Feb 1st, 2015 at 07:33 PM.
  #84  
Old Feb 1st, 2015, 11:55 PM
Chchazz88's Avatar
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 is offline
Saath
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 26th, 2019
RPXP: 1347
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88
Posts: 4,105
Am I being grappled or did it let go?
__________________
Keelah se'lai
  #85  
Old Feb 2nd, 2015, 12:20 AM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,295
(It let go, just tripped you.)
__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar
  #86  
Old Feb 2nd, 2015, 01:04 AM
Chchazz88's Avatar
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 is offline
Saath
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 26th, 2019
RPXP: 1347
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88
Posts: 4,105
Meseriel attempts to stand, provoking two AOOs, one from each wolf.
__________________
Keelah se'lai
  #87  
Old Feb 2nd, 2015, 01:39 AM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,295
 


Back on her feet!Meseriel's reactions are fast, she rolls out of the way of the smaller wolfs attack and starts to climb to her feet. The large and injured wolf, clamps his jaws around the base of her shield arm, somehow getting around her shield and ripping into her arm at the elbow. She winces in pain, 6 damage. (This was a threat for a crit that didn't confirm!)a stream of blood running down her arm and dripping of her hand, but despite the injury, she gets up to her feet and readies herself.


__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar

Last edited by Spazztick; Feb 2nd, 2015 at 01:47 AM.
  #88  
Old Feb 2nd, 2015, 09:11 PM
Chchazz88's Avatar
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 is offline
Saath
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 26th, 2019
RPXP: 1347
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88
Posts: 4,105
Grunting, Meseriel thrusts forward at the wolf's soft gut with her shortsword.
Dice Attack:
1d20+7 (14)+7 Total = 21
(21)
Dice Damage:
1d6+4 (6)+4 Total = 10
(10)
__________________
Keelah se'lai
  #89  
Old Feb 3rd, 2015, 02:29 AM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,295
Slay the BeastThe monster of an animal snaps it's jaws towards Meseriel for another bite. The elf's determination to finish this comes through, as she bashes the animals head out of the way, drops lower to the ground and moves in for the kill. Her short blade sinks into the flesh, coming at an upward angle, this time she did not miss her mark. With a clean thrust she plunged her blade in deep, puncturing the heart and ending the life of the fearsome wolf. It makes a sorrowful cry of pain and then thumps to the earth.

The wolfs mate goes into a frenzy, snarling and barking and she leaps forward to try and avenge her fallen companion. Kil's bow string makes a twang, as he fires an arrow at the smaller wolf. The missile flies true, sinking deep into the creatures chest, leaving only the fetching remaining. Through it's fury, it does not react to the pain in a mental sense, though the body twitches and the creature stumbles as it bites at Meseriel. She deflects the bite with ease, the smaller wolf having noticeably less strength than it's counterpart.



Your up, AC 14, 3 HP left, you may narrate if you hit/kill.

__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar

Last edited by Spazztick; Feb 3rd, 2015 at 02:34 AM.
  #90  
Old Feb 3rd, 2015, 08:04 PM
Chchazz88's Avatar
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 is offline
Saath
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 26th, 2019
RPXP: 1347
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88
Posts: 4,105
For the first time since the fight began, Meseriel's face shows emotion. With a cry of pure rage and ferocity, she puts one iron boot in the wolf's snapping jaws, pinning it to the ground, and plunges her blade through the soft spot near the neck and under the collarbone. Twisting roughly, she hesitates a moment, breathing heavily as life leaves the hunter. Drawing her blade from the corpse, she stabs it into the ground to clean it before wiping the residual dirt away with a cloth. Sheathing it again, she turns to Kil and nods, a solemn look on her face.
"I wonder how many that maneater's killed before. A fair amount, I'd say, judging by it's scars."
Outwardly, she was factual and emotionless, but inside, Meseriel wept for the fallen beast. No creature of nature should lead so torturous a life, and it spoke volumes about the unhappiness of those who would do such a thing as this to such a graceful being.
Dice Attack:
1d20+7 (16)+7 Total = 23
(23)
Dice Damage:
1d6+4 (1)+4 Total = 5
(5)
__________________
Keelah se'lai

Last edited by Chchazz88; Feb 3rd, 2015 at 08:08 PM.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:55 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB