Game Thread Meseriel's Game (Part 1) - Page 7 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #91  
Old Feb 4th, 2015, 12:16 AM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,295
There was no choice.Kil moves over and retrieves his arrows, looking sadly at the animals, his humming stopping as he approaches."I had heard of a few missing people over the past year, as well as mention of a monster of a wolf killing at least a few. I actually think there's a reward for proof of it's death in Davinport, I don't recall the amount but I don' believe it is substantial. Still... it's sad to see a creature become like that, crooked hearts of men can bring out the worst in animals as well as other people." He looks at the elf injury and his face contorts. "Are you okay? We should probably bandage you up or something..." He doesn't seem to know much about healing from the look on his face, though he does not seem queasy from the blood, which is a good sign.

After a short time, Kil speaks up again, branding a half a smile. "You know, even though that fight looked dire, you handled yourself excellently, I think I rathe like watching you fight. " He lets out a faint chuckle, trying to liven the mood.
__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar

Last edited by Spazztick; Feb 4th, 2015 at 12:17 AM.
  #92  
Old Feb 4th, 2015, 01:46 AM
Chchazz88's Avatar
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 is offline
Saath
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 26th, 2019
RPXP: 1347
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88
Posts: 4,105
As she sits on a log, letting him bandage her wounds, a smile plays across her lips. "It's not fighting so much as it is dancing. Barbarians think of it as fighting, but I recognize that there are patterns that any severe opponent will take. Elves learn to anticipate opponents in such a way that we can maneuver ourselves towards their weaknesses. This is the dance. Protecting yourself while trying to get at an enemies weak spot is representative of more than just fighting. It's all of life, really."
She looks up at him, her eyes piercing him and seeming to see his very soul. Despite this, her tone is gentle and soft.
"What are you dancing with, Kil?"
__________________
Keelah se'lai
  #93  
Old Feb 4th, 2015, 02:04 AM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,295
Dancing?Your words Meseriel, they are spoken like a true poet, one after my own heart. Than I shall rephrase my wording, your dance is a pleasant one to watch. As for me, I'm no dancer... but my heart yearns for the song, for the story and for the knowledge of what's beyond. I hope to tell your tale someday, as I can tell it will be a great one." He hefts his pack over his shoulder and smiles. "We shall talk more on the way, daylight is burning as they say! So, a quick hike to the coast, keep close to the rocks to avoid going out in the open to far? Or do you have something else in mind?" He starts humming again.
__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar

Last edited by Spazztick; Feb 4th, 2015 at 02:05 AM.
  #94  
Old Feb 5th, 2015, 01:29 PM
Chchazz88's Avatar
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 is offline
Saath
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 26th, 2019
RPXP: 1347
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88
Posts: 4,105
She shakes her head and says, "Not at all. Lead on, good travelman!"
__________________
Keelah se'lai
  #95  
Old Feb 6th, 2015, 02:29 AM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,295
On the... road again?Kil forces a smile and leads them along the cliff side, heading down for about fifteen minutes until they're down at just above sea level. Off the coast the swells are pretty high, leaving waves to crash against the bulky rocks that stand like towers among the water. The chill in the air is apparent, as the sign of more rain seems likely before long. They find a place to cross the river, plenty of dry footing from rocks and a soggy log that's washed down the river, makes crossing not much trouble. There are no signs of life on the beaches, at least outside of the seagulls flying about the area and the occasional crab. Out in the water the spout of a whale, or perhaps it's a dolphin can be seen sending bursts of water into the air. They push along the cliffside north, until they find another place where they can climb up island a bit, getting back within the cover of the trees. They travel for a time, making short conversations here and there, Kil stating plainly he's enjoying the company.

After a couple hours longer, Kil assures Meseriel that they're not to far from their target, and they start moving more quietly. Kil with his bow out, and an arrow at the ready, just in case. Eventually they make it to a clearing in the trees and they can see the lighthouse in the distance, along with the two-story building at its base. It's resting atop the cliffside, with what looks to be about a sixty foot drop below, and there's a good couple hundred feet of open ground between them and the buildings, a dirt road runs from the front of the house, and out east.
__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar

Last edited by Spazztick; Feb 6th, 2015 at 02:32 AM.
  #96  
Old Feb 7th, 2015, 08:35 PM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,295
Include Perception check in next post.
__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar
  #97  
Old Feb 8th, 2015, 02:18 AM
Chchazz88's Avatar
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 is offline
Saath
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 26th, 2019
RPXP: 1347
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88
Posts: 4,105
OOCHang on, can we rewind a bit? Something needs to happen here, and I have a feeling Kil might freak out about it.


As they're trudging along through the forest and a lull in the conversation comes by, Meseriel stops for a moment and casts Lay On Hands
Dice Healing Check:
1d6 6
(6) on some of her more grievous wounds, knitting the flesh closed with no more than a flash of weaving blue lights and a few delicate words uttered in Elven. Frowning as some of the scabs and gashes refuse to close, she does it again, using both hands this time.
Dice Healing Check:
1d6 1
(1)
Shaking her head, she mutters something in elven and moves to continue walking.
__________________
Keelah se'lai

Last edited by Chchazz88; Feb 8th, 2015 at 02:20 AM.
  #98  
Old Feb 8th, 2015, 02:36 AM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,295
Certainly, we can rewind anytime. (There's always room for forward/backward RP.)

Uh... whaaaa???Kil's walking along leading his companion to their destination, when she calls for a stop for a moment. Taking time to remove sections of her armor, to properly tend to her wounds. When she uses her divine power to heal her injuries, a number of random noises come from the musically inclined woodworker. Kil seems to have trouble finding his words, as he keeps raising his hand to speak and just stutters. "Y.... U... O... Uh.... " He holds up a single finger, as if asking her to wait then takes a deep breath. "By the grace of the gods, did you just use magic?!?" Once again when most humans would show fear, the bard shows excitement. "That's amazing, I... I've always heard the elves were in tune with the magic of the world, I just never thought I'd see it. Tell me, what else can you do?!"
__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar

Last edited by Spazztick; Feb 8th, 2015 at 02:41 AM.
  #99  
Old Feb 8th, 2015, 05:16 AM
Chchazz88's Avatar
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 is offline
Saath
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 26th, 2019
RPXP: 1347
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88
Posts: 4,105
Meseriel blinks.
"What do you mean? I know a few basic spells to use in combat. Are humans unable to use magic? How on earth are you still around? How do you heal after battle? What happens if someone gets sick or you don't have enough food?"
__________________
Keelah se'lai
  #100  
Old Feb 8th, 2015, 11:41 AM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,295
Magic, Witchcraft and other Dark Arts."I mean, I knew magic existed, but it's beyond outlawed in the north, humans fear it, those who use it or even are suspected of using it, they are generally put to death, or at the very least locked up permanently. You really don't know much about the going ons of the human colonies. Look there's no open rule that foreign races will be put to death, or anything like that even in the capital, though there will be questions I'm sure... but magic on the other hand, human, elf or what not, that'll assure they'll be hunting you, and any chance of a building a relationship with the humans, establishing anything would be lost. You must never use your magic in public, never.... " Kil is deeply concerned, as he battles with thoughts of his own.

"That being said, we're not in public and I've always curious, I know the lore tells us that magic was the cause of the great collapse, and I tend to think that may be true... but just because something causes something bad, doesn't mean it's inherently that. I never thought magic was only a tool of evil, demonic practices or dark witchcraft. At least I'd always hoped. As for healing injuries, humans are fairly sturdy... heh, uh we have physicians and medics and surgeons even, though that's a delicate practice, that very few are involved in. Mostly, time heals all wounds, body or mind alike. Sicknesses, well herbal remedies and luck I suppose, but magic certainly not."
__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar

Last edited by Spazztick; Feb 8th, 2015 at 11:41 AM.
  #101  
Old Feb 8th, 2015, 02:45 PM
Chchazz88's Avatar
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 is offline
Saath
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 26th, 2019
RPXP: 1347
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88
Posts: 4,105
Shaking her head, Meseriel puts her armor back on and straightens.
"Then it is truly remarkable that you and your race persist. For all I know, magic may well have caused this great collapse, but it certainly wasn't because of a healing spell. Kil, so long as we're on the subject, I need to know if you are opposed to me healing your wounds in battle. Should you be injured beyond what I can do otherwise, I'll have no choice, but magic is far easier and faster than herbs and time. Still, the choice is yours.
As for what I can do, most of my abilities enable me to better combat the forces of evil. Healing myself and others, smiting the creatures of darkness with holy light, that kind of thing. Basic stuff, only. I am more a swordsman than a magician."
__________________
Keelah se'lai
  #102  
Old Feb 8th, 2015, 02:55 PM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,295
Kil's KnowledgeKil nods approvingly. "Oh my, like the clerics and paladins of old, wielding divine magic of the gods to smite evil and death from the realm, galavanting across the land in their pursuit of purification and enlightenment. I've read books about that kind of thing, but I'd never expected to encounter something of the sort! You will hear no complaint from me about using your magic my direction, now I'll have to just try to avoid purposely getting hurt so I can experience it first hand!" He says with a chuckle.
__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar
  #103  
Old Feb 8th, 2015, 07:23 PM
Chchazz88's Avatar
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 is offline
Saath
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 26th, 2019
RPXP: 1347
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88
Posts: 4,105
She smiles and they continue on towards the tower.

Dice Perception Check:
1d20 4
(4)
I GOT A FOUR!
__________________
Keelah se'lai

Last edited by Chchazz88; Feb 8th, 2015 at 07:23 PM.
  #104  
Old Feb 8th, 2015, 10:23 PM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,295
Siegfried's BeaconThe sun is starting to set on the horizon, leaving hues of orange and red through the cloudy sky and reflecting off the oceans surface. There's an obvious fire burning within the house, as they're likely either cooking or running one to keep warm. A hawk flies above their head, landing on a branch a dozen feet above them, but Meseriel see's none of it. Instead she stands at the edge of the clearing, her senses dulling around her, as crude whispers in a wicked tongue lash through her mind. "Ixroarsara ni'sura kei" Quickly she snaps out of her daze, returning to the world around her. Kil on the other hand has his bow out and is pointing out various things, including the man climbing down from the lighthouse, on a ladder built into the outside.

He backs up into the shadows further, looking to Meseriel for guidance. "Yeah he's got a bow, and look up to they got what looks like a damn barrel of something... maybe it's full of arrows... or ale.. heck i don't know. Think he's going for dinner? I mean are we that great with timing?" He asks with the faintest chuckle.
__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar

Last edited by Spazztick; Feb 8th, 2015 at 10:24 PM.
  #105  
Old Feb 8th, 2015, 10:57 PM
Chchazz88's Avatar
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 is offline
Saath
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 26th, 2019
RPXP: 1347
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88
Posts: 4,105
Blinking and inhaling to clear her head, Meseriel tries to focus.
"Perhaps... stranger things have happened. I think we should wait to get him on the ladder, though. In fact... a plan is already forming itself. If we could create some kind of distraction atop the tower that would draw them all onto the ladder, I doubt they'd think too heavily about climbing up one over another, and there's no way they could survive that fall. We might be able to kill more than a few birds with just one arrow. How well can you climb rope?"
__________________
Keelah se'lai
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:39 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB