Game Thread Meseriel's Game (Part 1) - Page 8 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #106  
Old Feb 9th, 2015, 08:11 PM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,295
"I uh... haven't really tried climbing rope much, I mean I've climbed some trees, I could try. Where do yo think the door on the side of the light house goes?" He says with a shrug, but he seems willing to try whatever Meseriel decides.

 
__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar

Last edited by Spazztick; Feb 9th, 2015 at 08:12 PM.
  #107  
Old Feb 9th, 2015, 11:28 PM
Chchazz88's Avatar
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 is offline
Saath
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 26th, 2019
RPXP: 1347
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88
Posts: 4,105
"Do you think you could climb that ladder? I'd rather do it on the back of the tower, but I can adapt if need be. I'd say there's probably storage and a place to sleep inside. If we can lure them up the ladder, we can probably kill one and send them all crashing down or simply pick them off from afar."

OOCHow tall is the lighthouse? How many enemies can I see? Can I make another spot check at all?
__________________
Keelah se'lai
  #108  
Old Feb 9th, 2015, 11:59 PM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,295
oocThe light house is sixty feet at it's peak, fifty feet where the platform / It's an arrangemtn of an oil pyre, with reflective sheets of metal to shine the light out better towards the sea.lantern is.
You may make another perception roll, right now you don't see anybody and all but one of the windows in the house looks to have it's curtains closed.


"Oh yeah no problem, I can get up there with the latter." Kil says confidently.
__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar
  #109  
Old Feb 13th, 2015, 12:49 PM
Chchazz88's Avatar
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 is offline
Saath
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 26th, 2019
RPXP: 1347
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88
Posts: 4,105
She looks at him intensely.
"But do you think you could do it without anyone noticing? The same logic we're using against them could apply to us in that situation. We may have to make a distraction for our distraction. Perhaps... I could lure them away while you sneak into camp and climb up there and then the two of us could pick them off as they try and climb the ladder. I'll mop up any survivors on the ground."
__________________
Keelah se'lai
  #110  
Old Feb 15th, 2015, 01:35 PM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,295
Kil nods to Meseriel. "Yeah I think I can do it quietly, as long as we can get past that window... but we better move quickly, I mean what if he's just going to get his food and come back to his post? Let's catch them unaware." With that said, Kil takes a few deep breaths and then gets low to the ground. He nods his head, counting quietly to three, then starts across the open ground making a quick and fairly quiet run towards the lighthouse.

To Meseriel's surprise, there's no sign of them being seen, as Kil makes it to he ladder on the outside and begins to climb up. The closer they get to the building, there is the sound of talking inside, as whoever is inside is making no attempt to be quiet.

(Perception/Stealth, you can take 10 if you want.)

__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar

Last edited by Spazztick; Feb 15th, 2015 at 01:37 PM.
  #111  
Old Feb 16th, 2015, 01:04 PM
Chchazz88's Avatar
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 is offline
Saath
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 26th, 2019
RPXP: 1347
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88
Posts: 4,105
Meseriel attempts to circle around the camp and come from the other direction.
Yeah, I better not on the taking 10...
Dice Perception Check:
1d20 2
(2)
Dice Stealth Check:
1d20-3 (18)-3 Total = 15
(15)
__________________
Keelah se'lai
  #112  
Old Feb 16th, 2015, 10:32 PM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,295
Moving into PositionThe elf moves along the woods until she's at a better position, watching as Kil moves to his destination. Once at a spot she felt comfortable with, on the complete other side of the area, Meseriel moves quickly and surprisingly quietly across the open ground, getting up to the house's other side, putting her back against the building so she can see the other side. The rattling of her armor may have been not heard from afar, but it sure felt louder than she could imagine. It was like that feeling when you're trying to walk quietly, but every step leaves what you're certain is the loudest creaking floorboards in history. Luckily, she got there and that was it, nobody came outside of the building.

Now up close, she gets a better look at the side of the building, one window being on the closer side, with it's curtains open. There's also a back door to the house, which is closed. So she quickly calculated important notes, two windows with open curtains and two doors, a simple two story building. She hears talking inside, but she can't make out anything that's being said.


ooc(Question: So you've got a long two-story house, not far away from the lighthouse. you know the side that faced where Kil and you originally showed up, is the front door that connects with the path. What position do you want to approach from? (light-house short side(west), back-side of the house(north), or forest short side.(east)
__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar

Last edited by Spazztick; Feb 16th, 2015 at 10:33 PM.
  #113  
Old Feb 18th, 2015, 03:22 PM
Chchazz88's Avatar
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 is offline
Saath
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 26th, 2019
RPXP: 1347
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88
Posts: 4,105
I think I'll approach from the forest short side. Do you have a map, by any chance? This is a solo adventure, I suppose, so it's fine if we don't use one.
__________________
Keelah se'lai
  #114  
Old Feb 18th, 2015, 08:08 PM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,295
I don't expect I'll be using any maps, unless the specific situation calls for it, but just because I drew a silly top-view doodle of the area.

 

Moving into positionWith her back to the east wall, Meseriel knows there's a back entrance to the house just around the corner. She doesn't hear any movement outside, but can only assume Kil is still making his climb up to the top of the lighthouse. Where she would go next, that was the question.
__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar

Last edited by Spazztick; Feb 18th, 2015 at 08:10 PM.
  #115  
Old Feb 19th, 2015, 01:20 AM
Chchazz88's Avatar
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 is offline
Saath
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 26th, 2019
RPXP: 1347
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88
Posts: 4,105
Meseriel counts to ten very slowly and then takes a single, deliberate step away from the lighthouse wall to look for Kil up above. If she sees him, she signals that she's about to begin, otherwise she'll wait a bit longer. If they make eye contact, she draws her sword and shield and approaches the door to the long house, rapping on it loudly and drawing back several paces so she's right in the crook of grass where the road forks. Then she waits.
__________________
Keelah se'lai

Last edited by Chchazz88; Feb 19th, 2015 at 01:20 AM.
  #116  
Old Feb 19th, 2015, 01:36 AM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,295
Knock KnockMeseriel skirts the edges of the light house, then leans back as she waits to see Kil lean over the railing and give an okay. A moment later he does just that, peaking his head over, he gives a short wave to show that he's ready. With that knowledge, the elf walks up to the door, sword and shield at the ready. Then she backs up until she's stand away a short distance back, among the split in the road.

The voices inside all stop chattering, Meseriel can hear some whispering going on. "What wa' tha'" Somebody mumbles with a mouth full of food, then there's some other words exchanged and a man with black hair and a beard walks up to the window and looks out. In one hand he has a leg of meat, something from what looks like a chicken. He looks out at the single armored form, then turns back and speaks out to the others inside. "Uh... it's a.. uh... I don't know, a mercenary? A single soldier of some kind..." Somebody else says something in response, then there's a moment of arguing, as the man in the window ducks under a thrown object that clatters against the wall behind him. A second man comes over to the window and looks out, this man also has darker hair and a beard, but is far cleaner trimmed.

"At the ready men, not sure what this is about..." He then walks away from the window, and steps just outside the door. He's wearing thick leather armor, and holds a sheathed broadsword in his hand, unthreateningly off to his side.

"What's your business eh? Aint be needin' that sword out here, suggestin' you sheath it, ye'here?"
__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar

Last edited by Spazztick; Feb 19th, 2015 at 01:38 AM.
  #117  
Old Feb 20th, 2015, 08:14 PM
Chchazz88's Avatar
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 is offline
Saath
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 26th, 2019
RPXP: 1347
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88
Posts: 4,105
Meseriel's mind raced as she tried and failed to recall the name of the bandit clan.
"Are you the bandit clan that's been terrorizing merchants and villagers around this area?" She says evenly, though without threat in her voice. She does not make any move to sheathe her blade nor does she relax from her defensive stance.
__________________
Keelah se'lai
  #118  
Old Mar 2nd, 2015, 07:41 PM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,295
A sense of humorThe man in the doorway listens to her words, then lets out a bellowing laugh. "Are you serious? His eyes scan the trees in the distance, as if he's looking for her reinforcements. He reaches his hand and waves back behind him, quickly following that action, the sound of rapid movement can be heard inside. "Look, you caught me in a good mood. Silvan made an excellent roast tonight, I'd much rather just go back inside and relax for the evening. So, I'm not going to even merit that question with an answer. So why don't you, take your prettily armored self on out of here, before you lose your chance to leave." His hand drops down to his hilt, but his relaxed posture does not change.
__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar
  #119  
Old Mar 3rd, 2015, 02:47 AM
Chchazz88's Avatar
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 is offline
Saath
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 26th, 2019
RPXP: 1347
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88
Posts: 4,105
"I will take your answer as affirmation and present you the following condition: You and your men are under arrest for armed robbery and murder. You may submit yourselves here and now or you may die in open combat. The choice is yours."
Meseriel's voice suddenly becomes cold and prickly, like the biting frost of winter's omnipresent cold. She slowly raises her blade above her head in a striking stance (readying an action to attack him should he draw his sword).


Dice Intimidation Check:
1d20+3 (11)+3 Total = 14
__________________
Keelah se'lai

Last edited by Chchazz88; Mar 3rd, 2015 at 02:49 AM.
  #120  
Old Mar 3rd, 2015, 11:28 PM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,295
The time for talk is over.The man in the doorway lets a compassionate look cross his face. "Oh damn, you know what... you're right, I'll just lay down my weapons and have my men do the same. It's time we owned up to the horrendous deeds we've been involved in." He leans back a bit. "You hear that boys, we're turning ourselves in now!" He unhooks his scabbard from his belt and drops it into one of his hands, holding out in front of him. He takes a single step forward.

He tries to continue talking, but the sound of a whistle and the twang of a bow interrupts his words. Meseriel shoots a look to her left, seeing the arrow sticking in the ground at the corner of the building, which is quickly followed by a number of words from above. "There's one coming around the building!" Before Kil even finishes his first word, the man in front draws the sword in one hand and holds the off to the side in his other hand. His showmanship being quite obvious, as a vicious grin crosses his face. "Get 'em boys!' He says as he lunges forward.


Initiative & Perception if you would like.
(You are also now under the effect of the bardsong +1 to things!)
 

__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar

Last edited by Spazztick; Mar 3rd, 2015 at 11:56 PM.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:26 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB