Game Thread Shinoa's Game (Part 1) - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old Feb 3rd, 2015, 04:19 AM
Abyssion's Avatar
Abyssion Abyssion is offline
Way of Necktie
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 12th, 2016
RPXP: 338
Abyssion Abyssion Abyssion Abyssion
Posts: 173
Actions in combat
1. AoO doing lethal damage against Able.
2. Nonlethal attack against Able, assuming he's still up.

AoO:
Dice Roll:
1d20+9 (2)+9 Total = 11

Damage:
Dice Roll:
1d8+6 (7)+6 Total = 13


Nonlethal attack:
Dice Roll:
1d20+5 (8)+5 Total = 13

Damage:
Dice Roll:
1d8+6 (5)+6 Total = 11



After knocking the boy down (or attempting to), Shinoa took a glance at the small girl standing still and crying.

I sure hope she's not going to unleash an eldritch abomination or something.
Dice Roll:
1d20+10 (15)+10 Total = 25
Sense Motive (Take 10 if combat is over)
__________________
Shinoa Brightwall | Morgan The Fox
  #32  
Old Feb 3rd, 2015, 04:38 AM
Abyssion's Avatar
Abyssion Abyssion is offline
Way of Necktie
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 12th, 2016
RPXP: 338
Abyssion Abyssion Abyssion Abyssion
Posts: 173
 


Actions in combat1. AoO on him

AoO:
Dice Roll:
1d20+9 (15)+9 Total = 24

lethal damage:
Dice Roll:
1d8+6 (5)+6 Total = 11
__________________
Shinoa Brightwall | Morgan The Fox

Last edited by Abyssion; Feb 3rd, 2015 at 04:40 AM.
  #33  
Old Feb 3rd, 2015, 05:05 AM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,295
Little Orphan MalieWhen the boy strikes at Shinoa, she returns a swing with her sword, nearly clipping him under the jaw. He is just quick enough to evade the hit, when she follows up with another. This time the flat of the blade connects again, knocking his senses jarring. He reaches for her weapon and she returns a slash across the boys chest and it finds flesh, drawing a lot of blood. He stumbles back and see's the injury, his eyes go wider than a full moon in the sky, then they roll up in his head and he passes out.

The sound outside is escalating, as more rapid movement is heard and random screams are called out. Within the room, a little red haired girl, hardly over the age of six, holds out her hand and speaks, her voice is faint, but it is also calm and clear. "Quit it... " A white light appears in her hand, then a very strange feeling washes over Shinoa.


Will Save please.
__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar

Last edited by Spazztick; Feb 3rd, 2015 at 05:05 AM.
  #34  
Old Feb 3rd, 2015, 05:15 AM
Abyssion's Avatar
Abyssion Abyssion is offline
Way of Necktie
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 12th, 2016
RPXP: 338
Abyssion Abyssion Abyssion Abyssion
Posts: 173
Will Save
OK, you ready?

First, if it's a mind affecting effect, I get two rolls, taking the higher one. (From Spellbreaker archetype).

I also get a +1 bonus if it's from the Enchantment school (Also from archetype) and a +2 bonus on top of that if it's compulsion or charm (from a trait).

Aside from all of that...
Dice Roll:
1d20+6 (8)+6 Total = 14

Dice Roll:
1d20+6 (1)+6 Total = 7
__________________
Shinoa Brightwall | Morgan The Fox

Last edited by Abyssion; Feb 3rd, 2015 at 05:17 AM.
  #35  
Old Feb 3rd, 2015, 05:19 AM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,295
Magic upon me.The air in front of Shinoa's chest illuminates in white light, she tries to fight off the affect, but is unable to. A warm feeling courses through her body, making every strain and muscle ache fade. The throbbing in her arm lessened substantially, as she felt the spells affects fade off into nothing. "The child healed her."
__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar
  #36  
Old Feb 3rd, 2015, 05:34 AM
Abyssion's Avatar
Abyssion Abyssion is offline
Way of Necktie
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 12th, 2016
RPXP: 338
Abyssion Abyssion Abyssion Abyssion
Posts: 173
Shinoa sheathed her sword and got on one knee in front of the girl who just healed her.

"Alright, I'll stop."

Dice Roll:
1d20+5 (12)+5 Total = 17
Diplomacy
Dice Roll:
1d20+10 (1)+10 Total = 11
Sense Motive
__________________
Shinoa Brightwall | Morgan The Fox

Last edited by Abyssion; Feb 3rd, 2015 at 05:35 AM.
  #37  
Old Feb 3rd, 2015, 10:06 PM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,295
Fear Filled EyesThe child shy's away from Shinoa when she moves closer, still frightened but she does not try and run. Surprisingly she does not resume crying when she speaks, though she does seem to be at the edge of doing so. "No understand, why you hurt sister? Why you hurt brother?" She stares into Shinoa's eyes through the mask, her iris's a strange amber color with golden edges. She is fairly certain the child means her no harm, as she must be to frightened and confused to even consider that.

Outside the noise escalates from shuffling and hollering, to all out panic. Shinoa makes out a few shouts, "What is that!? "Run!!" "Oh no a...!!" The last scream is completely drowned out by a nearly deafening roar, but she thinks she heard the word monster, as the sound bellows out from up above. Dust shakes from the ceiling, falling down among the lot of them. The light that was once coming in from the open window and cracks in the boarded up ones, drops to nearly darkness as the sound continues. The screams an clatter of the entire mob running away from the building is clear as day, Meno's shouts trying to speak over them. "Stand your ground... Come back!!! It is just a trick of their foul magic!... It is not..." The roar bellows out again and is followed by a loud thud and groan, which she determines was Meno falling off of his mount. The sound of two crossbows being fired can be heard, as the panic continues to ensue.

The little girl crouched down into a ball on the floor, seeming to know nothing about what is going on, she resumes crying. The other children stay huddled together, watching the White Reaper carefully.


__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar

Last edited by Spazztick; Feb 3rd, 2015 at 10:23 PM.
  #38  
Old Feb 4th, 2015, 03:23 AM
Abyssion's Avatar
Abyssion Abyssion is offline
Way of Necktie
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 12th, 2016
RPXP: 338
Abyssion Abyssion Abyssion Abyssion
Posts: 173
"No understand, why you hurt sister? Why you hurt brother?"

"I...." Shinoa took a deep breath, and tried to speak in a way that the child could understand. "I'm a witch hunter. I've had to stop a lot of bad people, people who do nothing but hurt others. Your brother and sister..." Shinoa detects good on the two unconscious bodies [I'm assuming they're good]. "They were good people, but...Bad things happen to good people and turns them bad. I don't know what happened that left you kids alone, but I know it must have been very bad. They turned to magick, which seems good, but it's not. Magic turns people bad every time. That's why I'm here: to keep everyone safe from magick, including you."

Shinoa stops to listen to what's going on outside.

"Stand your ground... Come back!!! It is just a trick of their foul magic!... It is not..." The roar bellows out again and is followed by a loud thud and groan, which she determines was Meno falling off of his mount. The sound of two crossbows being fired can be heard, as the panic continues to ensue.

"What's going on out there? Do you know?"
__________________
Shinoa Brightwall | Morgan The Fox

Last edited by Abyssion; Feb 4th, 2015 at 03:24 AM.
  #39  
Old Feb 4th, 2015, 05:22 AM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,295
Don't stop looking.The little red haired girl frowns, watching the words being spoke, as she tries to understand. "They are good... not witches, not bad. She teach that magic is good, not understood, good... but bad too, bad too." She cowers back again, holding her knees in her hands.

When Shinoa asks her if she knows what's going on, she violently shakes her head and looks up towards the ceiling. She keeps quiet and the noise continues, shouts and screams, some of them now sounding like they're in excruciating pain. When Shinoa goes to shackle up the older children, she feels her hand get grabbed by the little girl, she tugs on her to get her attention. She is now back to sitting up straight, her eyes are wide and show no sign of the fear that was washed over her a moment before. A faint aura of light resonates off of her body brightest around her eyes, as she speaks in a voice that is hers, but different. She speaks clearly, loudly and without pause, hand gripping tight onto Shinoa's hand.

"You walk in the light but do not see it. You dance in the darkness but do not sense it. You fix your eyes on those who are pure and innocent, while you leave your trust in those that will destroy you. You will come to see the truth, I only hope it will not be to late, Shinoa Brightwall, Open your eyes." The aura on the girl fades and she lets go, her eyes roll back into her head and she falls over. The center of Shinoa's palm burns like fire, as if she the brand for a cattle was being firmly pressed upon her skin, fresh from the molten coals. It does not relent as she rips her glove away to looking down at her hand, a bright glowing symbol of a butterfly shines on both her palm and the back of her hand, illuminating the bone structure from within. Within a second the pain subsides and the symbol fades, leaving nothing in it's place.
__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar

Last edited by Spazztick; Feb 4th, 2015 at 05:27 AM.
  #40  
Old Feb 4th, 2015, 03:07 PM
Abyssion's Avatar
Abyssion Abyssion is offline
Way of Necktie
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 12th, 2016
RPXP: 338
Abyssion Abyssion Abyssion Abyssion
Posts: 173
"They are good... not witches, not bad. She teach that magic is good, not understood, good... but bad too, bad too."

She?! Is this about the healer, or is there an adult around here teaching these kids magic?

A faint aura of light resonates off of her body brightest around her eyes, as she speaks in a voice that is hers, but different. She speaks clearly, loudly and without pause, hand gripping tight onto Shinoa's hand...

So many questions that could be asked. Who was the patron that possessed the girl and what are its motives? Why did it have to reveal Shinoa's real name in front of the children? Why was it the second person today to say she has friends she can't trust? Did it just brand her? Is it going to infect her, too?

But the time for an existential crisis was later. The angry mob was apparently getting slaughtered out there, and it was her duty to keep them safe. Shinoa quickly finished shackling the two she fought earlier, and shackled the newly unconscious girl for good measure. She then picked up her shield, strapping it to her back, and ran out the window onto the roof to see what was going on outside.
__________________
Shinoa Brightwall | Morgan The Fox
  #41  
Old Feb 4th, 2015, 08:27 PM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,295
The Task at HandShinoa quickly whips out the manacles and moves to lock up the children, one, two and three. She knows there is little to know time to try and handle the others, though they don't seem to be fleeing anyways. "As if they have anywhere to flee."

When she gets to where she can see the window, smoke like shadows shift everywhere. She leaps out the window and stands on the roof, looking down at a faintly visible array of people thought the dark. Black fire crackles on the ground, some of it covering people. Most of the civilians have run, though some are on the ground, laying on their backs clutching at their faces, others are crawling away in a panic. Meno stands out in the field his eyes locked upward, mouth shut tight and his horse nowhere to be seen. Two guards stand next to him, crossbows aimed up in the air above the church, they fire their bolts again and they whiz in the air past her. Cracking noises come from behind her, as well as the sound of impact from the missiles. Shinoa turns around to look above her, seeing the form of a giant black scaled monster, layers of spikes, curving horns and widespread wings behind it. She had seen pictures of monsters like this, though distant cousins are said to still exist, these creatures supposed to be gone. "A Dragon...?"

 

Meno raises his hands and tries to shout at the others who are still close, claiming it is just a trick of magic, it is not even real. Though Shinoa knows that the screams and cries of pain are very real, those people are certain they are suffering.
__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar

Last edited by Spazztick; Feb 4th, 2015 at 08:40 PM.
  #42  
Old Feb 4th, 2015, 09:05 PM
Abyssion's Avatar
Abyssion Abyssion is offline
Way of Necktie
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 12th, 2016
RPXP: 338
Abyssion Abyssion Abyssion Abyssion
Posts: 173
Perception (that I can't even fail):
Dice Roll:
1d20+9 (5)+9 Total = 14


Will save:
Dice Roll:
1d20+6 (1)+6 Total = 7


A dragon!? You can't be serious! There's no way these children would be able to summon one, but they obviously have a very powerful patron on their side.

Shinoa returned to the children and glared at the ones still conscious, Intimidate to force a favor from them (including shaken penalty):
Dice Roll:
1d20+6 (1)+6 Total = 7
pointing her sword at them and screaming, "DRAGON OUTSIDE. GET RID OF IT. NOW." Her words barely stammered out of her mouth, her fear apparent, even to frightened children.
__________________
Shinoa Brightwall | Morgan The Fox

Last edited by Abyssion; Feb 4th, 2015 at 09:24 PM.
  #43  
Old Feb 4th, 2015, 10:09 PM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,295
The children.The next oldest of the remaining children, a boy around eight or nine, shakes in fear with his hands up. He stutters and scrambles his words, trying to answer the noticeably frightened and irate witch hunter. "I ...uh ... uh .. D.. d... dragon!? We didn't do it, we didn't do it! Please don't hurt us, I swear I swear, we didn't do it." Even despite the method that Shinoa went about it, all of the children are still quite frightened, shaking as they watch the woman with her sword pointed at them. Another young girl, cowers being the boy peeking over his shoulder nodding.

Outside the noise continues, as more bolts are being fired at the creature and the sound of it roaring followed by crackling flame and screams is apparent.
__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar
  #44  
Old Feb 4th, 2015, 10:13 PM
Abyssion's Avatar
Abyssion Abyssion is offline
Way of Necktie
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 12th, 2016
RPXP: 338
Abyssion Abyssion Abyssion Abyssion
Posts: 173
Dice Roll:
1d20+10 (13)+10 Total = 23
Sense Motive

"You have to know something! What traps did you set up? What was the spell in front of the door? Who's been teaching you magic? Who's your patron? Ask it to remove the dragon!"

Shinoa was still in a panicked state, but managed to string together longer sentences this time. Her sword remained pointed at them.
__________________
Shinoa Brightwall | Morgan The Fox

Last edited by Abyssion; Feb 4th, 2015 at 10:17 PM.
  #45  
Old Feb 4th, 2015, 10:25 PM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,295
"Not about a dragon! Trap at the front door!?.. uh... Oh... Maggie just put a spell that would let us know if somebody was at the door, That's all I swear!" His voice cracks in a high pitch tone as he loudly replies. He gestures at the unconscious girl on the ground. "Uh.. Jessi taught us to feel what is already inside, to feel the magic in the air.. she didn't make dragons! We are all different, patron... like... like who we pray to?" He looks rightfully troubled, but continues to talk as quickly as the words will come out. "I guess we worship The Mother Moon, Desna. She's talks to Maggi, Jessi and Able both say they feel her presence and know her wishes but do not hear her words... she only talks to Maggi! We all pray to her, but we don't all feel her! She cured us though! Through Maggi.. we were all sick and now we're not! She wouldn't hurt anybody! I know she wouldn't!" He's fighting off tears, but still holds his ground. Out of everything the boy says, Shinoa can't find an ounce of false truths. He truly believe everything he's saying.
__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar

Last edited by Spazztick; Feb 4th, 2015 at 10:26 PM.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:08 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB