Game Thread Shinoa's Game (Part 1) - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #46  
Old Feb 4th, 2015, 10:52 PM
Abyssion's Avatar
Abyssion Abyssion is offline
Way of Necktie
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 12th, 2016
RPXP: 338
Abyssion Abyssion Abyssion Abyssion
Posts: 173
"Maggie? Wait, which one of you is Maggie? Where is she?"
__________________
Shinoa Brightwall | Morgan The Fox

Last edited by Abyssion; Feb 4th, 2015 at 10:54 PM.
  #47  
Old Feb 4th, 2015, 10:53 PM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,295
The boy points to the girl who passed out after grabbing Shinoa's hand. "She's Maggie."
__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar
  #48  
Old Feb 4th, 2015, 10:59 PM
Abyssion's Avatar
Abyssion Abyssion is offline
Way of Necktie
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 12th, 2016
RPXP: 338
Abyssion Abyssion Abyssion Abyssion
Posts: 173
"There's no way...damn it all...."

Shinoa sheathed her sword and sat down in the middle of the room, slowly regaining her composure.

"So if it's just you, and...Desna...then my job is done. I just have to wait for the dragon to go away...or kill me." Shinoa tried to remember how much time she had spent that day.

Dice Roll:
1d20+9 (17)+9 Total = 26
Perception
__________________
Shinoa Brightwall | Morgan The Fox

Last edited by Abyssion; Feb 4th, 2015 at 11:03 PM.
  #49  
Old Feb 4th, 2015, 11:04 PM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,295
ShadowsShinoa centers herself and regains her composure, no longer feeling shaken like before. There were just so many unanswered questions, so many abnormalities of this entire situation, how the dragon appeared, the innocence of the kid and the certainty of the dangers she would face when coming here. There was no doubt that they were capable for a lot of children, the bruise on her arm would attest to that, but they were still just children.

While she's sitting in place, she hears a creak in one on the board in the room, a dozen feet behind her. When she turns to look, there is nothing to be seen., but she's certain she heard it. Quickly to her feet she stands at the ready, looking for a sign of something. She hears it again a second later, a creaking sound, followed by a loud thwacking sound on one of the boarded up windows opposite of where she came in. Then she senses a strong magic and with it everything vanishes, leaving her standing without even a spec of vision available to her. She still hears the dragon outside, the screams of agony and pain and the children's breathing, which turn into more rapid frightened breaths and then several loud crashes upon the same window from before... And footsteps.


__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar

Last edited by Spazztick; Feb 4th, 2015 at 11:12 PM.
  #50  
Old Feb 4th, 2015, 11:26 PM
Abyssion's Avatar
Abyssion Abyssion is offline
Way of Necktie
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 12th, 2016
RPXP: 338
Abyssion Abyssion Abyssion Abyssion
Posts: 173
Now the real fight begins. This thing must have summoned the dragon. I can't hesitate.

Dice Roll:
1d20+5 (5)+5 Total = 10
Knowledge Arcana to identify the spell

Shinoa uses the footsteps she heard to pinpoint where they came from, charging towards it, and attempting to attack it with her sword.

Actions in Combat
1.Charge
2. Equip shield while charging
3. Attack

Dice Roll:
1d100 4
Concealment (can hit if at least 51)
Dice Roll:
1d20+7 (19)+7 Total = 26
Attack
__________________
Shinoa Brightwall | Morgan The Fox
  #51  
Old Feb 4th, 2015, 11:38 PM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,295
Woah!Shinoa moves right towards the sound of the movement with excellent speed and precision, she steps right over one of the children from memory of where he was. She swings her sword with a violent slash, and hears the sound of a man gasping. "Now, Damn, that was close! Hurry Up, the White Reaper is in here, nearly took my head off!!!" He shouts, his voice unfamiliar to Shinoa. The steps that were once moving slowly and quietly now pick up into a rapid movement, as she hears the man stop at a spot on the floor near one of the down children, he pauses and then starts moving away from her.

The cracking sounds gives away to boards being pried off the window, but still she see's nothing, another unfamiliar voice responds from outside, as the next board gives way. "Crimany, I can't see a damn thing. This is what you call a good idea?!" Another board gets ripped away and the sound of it being thrown aside and bouncing down the opposite side of the roof can be heard.
__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar

Last edited by Spazztick; Feb 4th, 2015 at 11:39 PM.
  #52  
Old Feb 4th, 2015, 11:59 PM
Abyssion's Avatar
Abyssion Abyssion is offline
Way of Necktie
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 12th, 2016
RPXP: 338
Abyssion Abyssion Abyssion Abyssion
Posts: 173
"The shadows can't hide you from me!"

Shinoa followed the footsteps and swung at the man she tried to hit earlier again.

Actions in Combat
Charge and attack like before.

Concealment:
Dice Roll:
1d100 60

Attack (using the correct bonus on them this time):
Dice Roll:
1d20+9 (2)+9 Total = 11
__________________
Shinoa Brightwall | Morgan The Fox
  #53  
Old Feb 5th, 2015, 12:09 AM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,295
Another slash from Shinoa meets nothing but air, as footsteps stumble away from her. "Oh I beg to differ honey., that's exactly what it has done. ... but I commend your effort! Twice you nearly got me." She hears him move to the place where the other children were waiting in the darkness as she hears him speak again. "And that's all for me, better luck next time. The other two are on you!" His last words were shouted, obviously not directed at Shinoa. With his words coming to a close, there's a sudden absence of sound from where he was located. A second later Shinoa realizes she no longer hears the children breathing, well none but the two she knocked out, and the sound of a small object is heard hitting the floor and clacking.

The other window gets thrown open, Shinoa can hear much heavier footsteps land in the room and start walking along the wall, followed by a bang. "Owh... " There's some mumbling about something or another, as she's certain the man is also dealing with the darkness and has hit his shin on the bed.

__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar

Last edited by Spazztick; Feb 5th, 2015 at 12:10 AM.
  #54  
Old Feb 5th, 2015, 12:18 AM
Abyssion's Avatar
Abyssion Abyssion is offline
Way of Necktie
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 12th, 2016
RPXP: 338
Abyssion Abyssion Abyssion Abyssion
Posts: 173
He got away?! There's still two more, which means...Chains! Gotta find the chains I attached to the older ones!

Shinoa stowed her shield away as she reached around the floor for the chains she attached to the manacles binding the two children she knocked out. When [or if] she finds them, she'll hold the ends in her left hand while pointing her sword at the apparently larger man who was stumbling about.

Actions in combat
1. Move towards the kids and put shield away
2. Pick up the chain ends
__________________
Shinoa Brightwall | Morgan The Fox

Last edited by Abyssion; Feb 5th, 2015 at 12:20 AM.
  #55  
Old Feb 5th, 2015, 12:24 AM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,295
A peculiar enemy.Shinoa has no problem returning to the bodies, finding the two she'd originally shackled. She grabs ahold of them with one hand and holds her ground, waiting at the ready.

There's a second thud from the other man, and then a third. "Err..." Finally there is a squeaking sound of springs on one of the beds. "This is ridiculous... I mean really." He lets out a long sigh. "Look I know you're there, do you know where my friend put the damn stone with the spell on it? I'd rather not stumble around in this darkness to try and find you. If you know where it is, just shove it in a pocket or something and you'll be able to see again. I won't even move from this... horribly uncomfortable bed." He remains seated as far as she can tell, from the occasional shifting of the springs.
__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar

Last edited by Spazztick; Feb 5th, 2015 at 12:26 AM.
  #56  
Old Feb 5th, 2015, 12:31 AM
Abyssion's Avatar
Abyssion Abyssion is offline
Way of Necktie
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 12th, 2016
RPXP: 338
Abyssion Abyssion Abyssion Abyssion
Posts: 173
"Thanks for the advice."

Shinoa scanned the area for a magical item using Detect Magic. Once she found it, she walked over to it and picked it up, leaving the chains behind. She walked close to the bed where the man sat, stuffing the orb carefully in her pocket while pulling out her shield at the same time.

Actions in combat
1. Spent several rounds walking
2. Move action put orb away.
3. Move action draw shield.
__________________
Shinoa Brightwall | Morgan The Fox
  #57  
Old Feb 5th, 2015, 12:37 AM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,295
What is that?The entire time that Shinoa is walking about, the bed continues to squeak annoyingly, as the person sitting in it is likely trying to get comfortable. When she starts to approach the bed where he is, she hears him get and take a few steps in the same place, likely turning to face the approaching woman. Then she puts the rock in her pocket, the magical darkness vanishing from the air and returning her vision to her. Finally!

She stands on the opposite side of the bed of the one who came into the room, her jaw held open in confusion at what she saw. A very short stocky man with a brown beard stretching down to his waist, and shoulders broader than the most seasoned dockhand, stands there with a large double-headed ax resting on his shoulder. He scrunches his stubby nose and gives Shinoa a look up and down, attempting to mimic the look on her face.

"Oh come on, what are you looking at eh? Never seen a dwarf before?" He says with a wry smile, waiting to see what her move would be.
__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar

Last edited by Spazztick; Feb 5th, 2015 at 12:37 AM.
  #58  
Old Feb 5th, 2015, 12:43 AM
Abyssion's Avatar
Abyssion Abyssion is offline
Way of Necktie
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 12th, 2016
RPXP: 338
Abyssion Abyssion Abyssion Abyssion
Posts: 173
"From the noise you were making, I thought you were an orc."

Shinoa carefully sidestepped around the bed and attacked the dwarf.

Actions in Combat
1. Move to him
2. Attack

Dice Roll:
1d20+7 (1)+7 Total = 8

Dice Roll:
1d8+4 (1)+4 Total = 5
__________________
Shinoa Brightwall | Morgan The Fox
  #59  
Old Feb 5th, 2015, 12:49 AM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,295
The DwarfHer response yields a bellowing laugh from the dwarf, as he brings his ax down to the ready. "Good one lass, an Orc... " The White Reaper's action make the little man chuckle, as he easily steps away from her attack. "Still a little rattled from the dragon are you?" He attempts to swing his weapon under Shinoa's feet. She almost avoids it, but he twists the blade and catches her other foot with the side of it, sending her sending her sprawling over backwards. He then starts walking away from her towards the shackled children. "You know it isn't real right, The Dragon. Just an illusion, needed to get these poor kids out of here is all. They don't need to to meet the executioner this day, least we don't think so."



NameLowest AC HitDamage DealtVisible Armor/WeaponConditionsKnown Buffs
Dwarf??0Breastplate/Two-hadned Ax--


__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar

Last edited by Spazztick; Feb 5th, 2015 at 01:07 AM.
  #60  
Old Feb 5th, 2015, 01:10 AM
Abyssion's Avatar
Abyssion Abyssion is offline
Way of Necktie
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 12th, 2016
RPXP: 338
Abyssion Abyssion Abyssion Abyssion
Posts: 173
Dice Roll:
1d20+4 (7)+4 Total = 11
AoO

"You know it isn't real right, The Dragon. Just an illusion..."

Right. Duh. Knew that. Shinoa couldn't even speak the obvious lies out loud after being made a such fool.

She tried to hit him as he walked past, but missed. She stood up and ran up to him.

"I won't let you just take them without a fight!"

Actions in Combat
1. Get up (move)
2. Move next to him (move)
__________________
Shinoa Brightwall | Morgan The Fox

Last edited by Abyssion; Feb 5th, 2015 at 01:13 AM.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:52 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB