twitter facebook

Notices

Old Feb 26th, 2021, 12:31 AM

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 150
saafris saafris
A lizard has found their way in

Hello! I'm Saafris, I'm been playing tabletop games for I think a decade at this point (almost exclusively as a game master), starting with Pathfinder and moving into a variety of other things. I've slowly accrued more and more lore for my own settings, and at this point I've got a wiki with more than 110k words across its articles.

Recently got back into PbP because I realized I had so many things I wanted to run, and absolutely not enough days in the week to run live games. Unfortunately I'd been having trouble finding dedicated players elsewhere, so I figured I'd come here to find people truly into the PbP format.

Excited to explore the forums, and learn about how people like to format, all the commands and whatnot!
Old Feb 26th, 2021, 12:37 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 820
Yamaneko Yamaneko Yamaneko Yamaneko Yamaneko Yamaneko Yamaneko
Welcome to the site saafris! I'm sure you will enjoy what is here. I am a big fan of PbP. I find there are a number of advantages to this medium. The people are certainly here for that.
Old Feb 26th, 2021, 12:53 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 228
Drakkars Drakkars Drakkars
Welcome! New here as well. Hope you find what you are looking for here!
Old Feb 26th, 2021, 01:03 AM
°Salud, camaradas!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17628
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
Iím here for it, Saafris!

Letís hear about that home brew wiki page. Sounds like you have put your heart into it and Iove reading about highly detailed and storied campaign worlds. Whatís the overview?

And, whatís this about lizards!? As a dedicated lizardfolk player, I need to hear more!

But mostly ... welcome to the site! Sounds like you have plenty of experience and will fit right in and easily find a few new groups whether you want to join as a GM or player. Look forward to seeing you around the boards!
Old Feb 26th, 2021, 01:21 AM

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 150
saafris saafris
Quote:
Originally Posted by bananabadger View Post
Iím here for it, Saafris!

Letís hear about that home brew wiki page. Sounds like you have put your heart into it and Iove reading about highly detailed and storied campaign worlds. Whatís the overview?

And, whatís this about lizards!? As a dedicated lizardfolk player, I need to hear more!

But mostly ... welcome to the site! Sounds like you have plenty of experience and will fit right in and easily find a few new groups whether you want to join as a GM or player. Look forward to seeing you around the boards!
I adore lizardfolk and kobolds! They are usually my top pick as a player, as long as it makes sense in a setting.

I have! Originally I started making it because I wanted the space for some more nuanced cultures in a fantasy setting rather than every species being a mono-culture. It just grew from there, and I've been adding to it over the past two or three years. Other notable thing is I tried to make gods less powerful, but much more present. More people worshipping powerful forest spirits, or local gods of a lake or river, that sort of stuff.

The wiki is here. Happy to field more questions, because they tend to make good prompts for me to write more haha
Old Feb 26th, 2021, 02:59 AM
breathsunflower450rainbow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25859
chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla
Goodmorning saafris,

Welcome over here and cool to read that you love lizardfolk, you should try/check out the boardgame Root with the Roverfolk expansion, the cutest lizards you will ever see . Anyway, welcome over here and I am sure you will have fun! Have you found a game yet that is open to lizardfolk? (is it officially approved material yet by the way? Haven't checked)
Old Feb 26th, 2021, 06:17 AM
Peace, Love, and Gaming

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18507
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
Hey there, saafris! Welcome to the site! The name “saafris” even sounds a bit lizardly. Are you a lizardfolk? Do I need to get a tin foil hat or something?

Woah, your campaign setting sounds pretty rad! We’ve got several users around who love to explore the “monstrous” races like lizardfolk, goblinoids, etc. and really flesh out their cultures. They moght really appreciate your perspective!

Play by post still has some of the trouble of realtime gaming. Sometimes people will ghost, or creative preferences will differ and clash— that’s just humans! And there are some unique struggles, like text being less nuanced and gaming taking place over a long time frame. But there are a lot of advantages, too, such as easier/deeper roleplay (for some anyway— it’s easier for me!), and having plenty of time to stop and think about responses, consult rules, construct maps, etc.

Let us know if you have any questions! We’re happy to help.
Old Feb 26th, 2021, 07:03 AM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 70974
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
welcome!

glad you joined us, and brought some saurian friends along. If you have an imagination, you'll find people here who want to share it.. happy gaming!
Old Feb 26th, 2021, 07:42 AM
The bird with the words

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9237
HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama
Welcome to the site! You say you started with Pathfinder but branched out. What did you dabble in and what's your current favourite system?
Old Feb 26th, 2021, 08:09 AM
°Salud, camaradas!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17628
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
Quote:
Originally Posted by saafris View Post
I adore lizardfolk and kobolds! They are usually my top pick as a player, as long as it makes sense in a setting.

I have! Originally I started making it because I wanted the space for some more nuanced cultures in a fantasy setting rather than every species being a mono-culture. It just grew from there, and I've been adding to it over the past two or three years. Other notable thing is I tried to make gods less powerful, but much more present. More people worshipping powerful forest spirits, or local gods of a lake or river, that sort of stuff.

The wiki is here. Happy to field more questions, because they tend to make good prompts for me to write more haha
That is quite a wiki! I love that kobolds and halflings are in cahoots. The description for the Battle for the Worldfire Was excellent as well. What a great, extensive world setting!
Old Feb 26th, 2021, 09:17 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 38106
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Welcome to the club chummer!

You've come to the right place for some play by post action! We're a lot more than just play by post though. We have advice sections for both players and GMs, more forum games than you can shake a stick at, and even a dedicated creative writing wing called the library. If you have free time we can kill it for you.

Sounds like you have loads of experience, do you have any good stories to share? Newbies always have the best stories.

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you settle in!
Old Feb 26th, 2021, 12:39 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2600
Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson
Quote:
Originally Posted by saafris View Post
Excited to explore the forums, and learn about how people like to format, all the commands and whatnot!
Hello and welcome saafris! I'm a big fan of finding help articles to answer questions, but I couldn't find a great deal in there about formatting. This is because much of the format of player's posts relies on the specific game they're playing and the preferences of the GM. However, you can read what I did come across which is located here.

As for all the commands and whatnot, the helpfiles have a lot more to say on the subject. BB codes are the tools we use to put links in our posts, add images, roll dice, and countless other things. I learned about many of them in my complimentary New Player Solo Game, which ironically is a great resource even if you're not new and plan on GMing instead of playing. It basically entails a very experienced, helpful volunteer running a very short one-shot game with you. There you can learn some of the most useful BB code at a natural pace as your game develops, if you find that easier to learn instead of consulting a wall of help text.

Of course if you have any specific questions, always feel free to ask. Everyone's eager to help in any way they can. Thanks for coming and I hope you enjoy your time here at the crossing!

Previously known as "Crimson 0M3N".
Old Feb 26th, 2021, 03:13 PM
hold onto that spark

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 28706
Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched
Welcome to RPG Crossing, Saafris! I'm kind of a kobold fan myself, though recently I was taken by the idea of being an ooze enthusiast. I'm sure kobolds and oozes must work together well, though... sounds like an interesting concept! Have fun exploring the community, and let us know if you have questions!
Old Feb 26th, 2021, 04:27 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14837
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
Welcome to the site - cheers!!
Old Feb 26th, 2021, 05:34 PM
Kaor!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 748
Candide3693 Candide3693 Candide3693 Candide3693 Candide3693 Candide3693 Candide3693
Hello, and welcome to the site from another new member!