twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 09:46 PM
Better Than Sliced Bread

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 86
Rakaghi
I am curious whether or not the characters knew each other before running to the safe house.
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 11:24 PM
Why not Zoidberg?

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1384
Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum
I wasn't saying that your decision would be based on what class or race we chose, but it does help to stand out a little bit more if your the only druid or the like

Thank you so much for your support and patience everyone!!!
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 02:10 AM
Ready for Battle

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15243
Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazersetcetera View Post
Ha ha ha, I know. Plus, we're just kids. What's the worst that could happen?
Ask a middleschool teacher that question, and your hair will fall out simply hearing the stories told. This age group...
Think they're this:
Are really this:

Anyways...
@ Statutory Plum - it's cool, I wanted to put it out there anyways. Bards tend to be attractive because 1) they're attractive and 2) they're jack-of-all-trades, like rogues, but more useless.

@Rakaghi - at the minimum, everybody recognizes each others' faces, and if they have good memories, names. But if you guys want you can be good friends with each other. Find common interests. Gamble. Date. Play Super Smash Bros on that Gamecube gathering dust in the corner - in short, it's completely up to the players.

EDIT: I added my three choice example posts, so all's fair. Since this is my first time DMing, they're all from the two games I'm in as a player.

Last edited by Atalla Wanderer; Feb 24th, 2013 at 02:37 AM.
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 03:45 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 692
okashii okashii okashii okashii okashii okashii
Does the government have complete control over the city or are there other powerful organizations that may oppose it? Even if only strictly business wise like rogue guilds making their illegal profits.
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6850
Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf
Alas, I must withdraw from applying. Took me longer than anticipated to work up a voice and perspective for the character that I was happy with (considering he's a child, and a nonhuman one at that). While I think I have something good here, each post is going to take longer because of how far removed the character's voice is from my own. While this would be a fun challenge if it were May, I've got to be honest with myself and realize I don't have time for that at the moment. Got my Ph.D. comprehensive exams coming up.

Good luck to everyone!
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Ready for Battle

Tools
User Statistics
Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer
Sorry to see you go Thamewolf. Best of luck.

@Okashii - There are various noble families who, over the past thousand years, have created alliances which have entrenched themselves. Sixteen of those families have been the sole providers to the seat of power, the Council Of Elders, for several hundred years. Currently, the Council doesn't actually do much of anything. Everything has become routine, and the government has stagnated. Also, the dragons exert enormous influence. While there are criminals and troublemakers, the Guard handles them. The only threat to the Regime was the Rebellion, which was gutted with the capture / murder of your parents.
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Precious

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1968
Dpete Dpete Dpete Dpete Dpete Dpete Dpete Dpete Dpete Dpete Dpete
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalla Wanderer View Post
Ask a middleschool teacher that question, and your hair will fall out simply hearing the stories told. This age group...
Think they're this:
Are really this:
As a middle school teacher, I second that.
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Ready for Battle

Tools
User Statistics
If you're curious about starting equipment, I've updated it here. Don't be alarmed, you will have the chance to get better equipment and personal belongings back almost immediately, if you so choose.
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 04:13 PM
Why not Zoidberg?

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1384
Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum
its not to bad, I think it might be a bit much for a bunch of kids

Thank you so much for your support and patience everyone!!!
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 04:57 PM

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 95
Styphon
That's unfortunate Thamewolf, it's a shame work has to come first.
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 07:09 PM
/ing fiction from reality

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13883
goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal
I'm not really in the market for a game, but this seems quite interesting, perhaps because I've been reflecting on that time period quite a bit lately. I will probably wait to closer to the deadline to apply to make sure I'm still interested, but I've already worked on the application a bit this weekend.
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 08:16 PM
Massively Multitasking

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10833
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
Are you open to Wilder and Psion classes? And is that list of races exaustive?

I have a vague concept of a girl taken from the street and transformed into an Elan, treated as a guinie pig with psionic and magical tests performed on her for a year or more to test her new gained psionic abilities. Then she managed to escape into the sewers.

Last edited by Moridain; Feb 24th, 2013 at 08:17 PM.
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 09:42 PM
/ing fiction from reality

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13883
goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal
Name: Ormallo
Race: Sylph (Like the Wind, Breeze-Kissed)
Class: Alchemist(Mindchemist) 1/ Wizard (Wood Elemental) 0

Last edited by goatmeal; Apr 6th, 2013 at 06:01 PM. Reason: oops!
Old Feb 25th, 2013, 12:43 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2529
HarpyBane HarpyBane HarpyBane HarpyBane HarpyBane HarpyBane HarpyBane HarpyBane HarpyBane HarpyBane HarpyBane
Posting interest, at the moment leaning towards some kind of arcane caster...the question is what kind...
Old Feb 25th, 2013, 01:00 AM
Ready for Battle

Tools
User Statistics
Welcome goatmeal and HarpyBane. If you have any questions, please ask here or PM me. I do my best to respond in a timely manner.

@ Moridain - I've responded by PM.

@ Everyone - Les Mis cast live performance at the Oscars = win. Adele was also awesome. Three cheers for Life of Pi, and a teargripping short, Paperman. Seriously. Must. Watch.