twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Oct 9th, 2018, 09:10 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1122
Erisir Erisir Erisir Erisir Erisir Erisir Erisir Erisir Erisir
Would you still have enough space for one more player?
Old Oct 9th, 2018, 10:52 PM
Old School - or just old

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2411
timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible
I will probably be cutting one or two applicants as it is (7 is a big party - for me anyway), but you are welcome to put in an application if you like.
Old Oct 9th, 2018, 11:19 PM
Gealdricge

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7141
kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly
I for one never consider it a forgone conclusion that I am going to get into a game, (even if I am the only application). It should always be those that the gm feels best work with their game.
Whatever number of players you want and feel confident about is the number of people you should take (maybe plus one, because, well, flakes happen ).
Old Oct 10th, 2018, 04:51 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
So here is my entrance. I hope you guys like it. It's a character I had already right on my desk so it was easy to adapt to this setting (and why it took so little time to get him done).

ApplicationCharacter Name – Seth Brooks

Character's Offense – Breaking and entering, arson, theft.

Preferred Masks Playbook – The Nova or The Doomed

Character Overview –
History: Seth is the son of an absent father and a basically single mother. He is an only child and after showing some aptitude for school it became his mother’s only objective to get him to try as hard as he could to obtain the best results. To the point where her whole life revolved around her several jobs and constantly berating Seth to push him forward to achieve her goals.

Bucking under the stress of overwhelming expectations and parental neglect he started hanging out with the wrong crowd and experimenting with drugs and alcohol. It all ended when he met Chris. Chris was a quiet boy that tried to hang out with the same crowd as Seth did. To Seth Chris felt different, like he knew more than anyone else, he walked around with an air of quiet confidence and sureness. The other kids quickly labelled him as a weirdo and excluded him but Seth was curious and sought him out. After a few talks and a few days he was heavily embroiled in the occult with Chris as his mentor.

As the months back Seth saw his mom less and less as she enveloped herself in her several jobs to provide for him, as he matured he realized how much suffering his mom went through trying to raise him with the absence of his dad and he decided to do something for her. By eliminating everyone that made her life difficult. Him and Chris would break into people’s home to gain access to personal belongings and would then perform a simple occult “ritual” on them, which involved chanting, dark stuffy rooms and burning those items.

The last time he followed this practice he accidentally set fire to the abandoned factory where he congregated with Chris. Chris managed to escape and left him there while he called the firefighters for help. Seth was saved but several of the stolen personal belongings were found and he was accused of theft, arson and breaking and entering in the houses that were able to identify the items from.

He was sentenced to community service and was involved in the Mr Trash Wheel incident. After the incident the rituals and spells he considered as little more than wishful thinking at best and a mental crutch at worst were no longer as fake as they were before.

Personality: Seth is a generally shy and quiet kid that resents authority not because he feels like authority failed him but because he just generally resents anyone that tries to tell him what to do. He likes to be in control and turned to the occult to take control of his life that he felt he couldn’t achieve with normal means. Deep down he is an insecure little kid, scared he can’t measure up to what everyone expects him to do and in great need of warmth and understanding from others.

Super powers: Sorcery, hermetic magic, think Doctor Strange type magic but with dark undertones and wild in nature.

Appearance: Seth is a pale thin auburn-haired teenager. He usually wears dark hoodies with obscure references written on them in white paired with regular jeans, the hoodies mostly allow him to hide his medium length hair which he usually wears messy. He actual despises his hair has he wishes he had straight easy to style hair but instead his unruly locks tend to curl up as soon as he lets them grow out more than usual. He sports several piercings in his left ear while keeping his right one free of any of them. His natural eye color is a combination of green and brown that he sometimes hides under some fancy colored contacts he enjoys wearing.

Your Willingness to switch playbooks – I am willing to change my playbook, from the character idea and personality I think the best choice would be The Doomed but I’m willing to tweak him so he will fit other archetypes.

What caused The Mr Trash Wheel Incident? – Seth believes the Mr Trash Wheel caught some sort of ancient artifact as it cleaned and damaged it releasing some powerful creature that was locked inside it. Their proximity to the artifact in the moment of release caused them to become infused with a mere fraction of the creature’s power and now they are probably being hunted by that creature to return what they stole. Seth tries to keep his doomsaying ramblings to himself but in one occasion or another his community service mates have probably heard him grumbling about the time they have left.
Old Oct 12th, 2018, 06:05 PM
Gealdricge

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7141
kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly
Last day.
Good luck to everybody!
Old Oct 13th, 2018, 10:04 PM
Old School - or just old

Tools
User Statistics
timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible
Applications are closed

It's a busy weekend. I'm going to give myself some time and announce selections Monday evening.

Thanks, everyone, for applying. It'll be a hard decision.
Old Oct 15th, 2018, 10:02 PM
Old School - or just old

Tools
User Statistics
Selections have been made!

I hate having to tell people they can't be in my game, but I've decided to take five players, and since we had more than five applications, that means not everyone could get in. The selected players are:

litza
hafrogman
kanly
Roekahs
MaximumUnicorn

Thank you to everyone who applied, and good luck in your further adventures at RPGx.
Old Oct 15th, 2018, 10:53 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Oh well, the game looks awesome so I'll try and keep an eye for possible new waves of applications! I hope everyone has fun!
Old Feb 2nd, 2019, 04:57 PM
Old School - or just old

Tools
User Statistics
APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN AGAIN

We've had some player attrition due to real life gobbling them up, and those of us that remain would like a new player to join us. Want to be a misfit teenager with superpowers? Now's your chance.

Our remaining players are:
  • Roekahs, playing THE BEACON
  • kanly, playing THE DOOMED
  • Erisir, playing THE NOVA
Everyone else is gone, so all their playbooks (plus the other unclaimed ones) are up for grabs. Be sure to read the opening post of this thread for all the gory details. C'mon! Submit an application! You know you want to.

Applictions deadline is extended to FEBRUARY 18th.

Last edited by timplausible; Feb 16th, 2019 at 09:46 AM.
Old Feb 2nd, 2019, 06:21 PM
Banned

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12536
Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow
I just want to say: I'm so happy someone else remembers the Misfits show, good luck to all the applicants!
EDIT: Did you not watch Season 3, 4 or 5? You only mentioned the first two in the OP!

Last edited by Marshmallow; Feb 2nd, 2019 at 06:24 PM.
Old Feb 2nd, 2019, 09:39 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9951
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
OMG a game using masks! That's a fun system. I'll make an application.
Old Feb 7th, 2019, 12:05 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7863
penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0
THE LEGACY
right-aligned image
BALTIMORE CITY DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS REPORT 1650023-B

Offender's Name: Karl Kabinoff

Charges: The defendant attempted to sell products containing Schedule I substances under the Substance Control Act, specifically methylenedioxypyrovalerone (MDPV), 4-methyl-N-methylcathinone (mephedrone), and 3,4-methylenedioxy-N-methylcathinone (methylone) to an undercover police officer. Testing of the subject in custody showed traces of these substances in his blood as well as trace amounts of cocaine and marijuana.

DispositionThe subject refused clinical rehabilitation and has been turned over to the juvenile section of Baltimore Correctional services for 2 years or until his 18th birthday.

SOCIAL WORKER REPORT 1650023-B Karl Kabinoff (nmi)

History. The subject is the oldest child of Constantine Kabinoff and Nadiya Rostislav Kabinoff of Olney, Maryland, retired circus performers. The parents refused to see him when in custody, saying that he had made his bed and it was time for him to sleep in it.

The subject has an unusual educational background having been enrolled at Ringling Brothers Circus school at the Circus' winter home in Sarasota, Florida and travelled with the circus. When the circus shut down, he was moved around to several other schools in Florida before enrolling at Atholton HS in Columbia MD. In November of this year, he was expelled from Atholton HS for fighting after multiple disciplinary actions for bullying, fighting, inappropriate cell phone usage, and using e-cigarettes on campus. He was supposed to have been enrolled in a private program but this was apparently not done and the school administration did not follow up within the time frame required by Maryland law (see Supplemental Report of the HCDPS attached). According to the subject, he has been living with friends in Baltimore but was unwilling to provide their names or the address.

Personality: The subject appears angry at everything, starting with his parents, school, other kids, and the circus. He takes no personal responsibility for his actions but blames them on other people or "the system." He comes across as extremely arrogant, possibly masking a deep rooted sense of insecurity. The subject is a high risk for future drug use as he refuses to be in a program or admit that he has a problem, saying that he is just a social drug user and can quit any time.

Appearance: The subject is 5'10 inches tall with a highly coordinated and athletic build. His hair is a sandy brown and his eyes blue/grey. His face is square with lines of concentration, his hands large with blocky fingers, and his ears stand out a bit from his head. (see attached photo)

Unusual Skills: From reports from his "circus school," the subject has amazing skills on a variety of physical apparatus and a nearly equal record of academic achievement. His skills include work on trapeze, tight rope, tumbling, knife throwing, and an ability to work with animals including tigers and elephants. His "playbook" includes athletic coordination, extraordinary sensory abilities, abilities in the 99%+ percentiles on reading, retention, and deduction, and an ability to create and fix mechanical props. Reports from the detention facility also indicate that he has achieved a very high level of ability to intimidate others with a fearsome reputation.

Record within the facility: Karl Kabinoff has not had any incidents requiring discipline since being remanded to Correctional Services on January 26, 2019. He was outside the day of the Mr Trash Wheel incident and is reported to have blamed it on the correctional service detainees and staff who were near the boat but was not willing to talk when confronted about this claim by employees of the Department of Corrections.

Last edited by penbeast0; Feb 7th, 2019 at 12:12 AM.
Old Feb 10th, 2019, 11:26 AM
Master of the Swamp

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12186
Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey
App Complete! I decided on an 'upper class' lawbreaker angle, and I'm sort of digging it! I'm open to any kind of changes or suggestions.
The Delinquent
right-aligned image

Character Name - Titus "The Judge" Kaltenbach
Character's Offense - B&E, destruction of school property, criminal mischief (Undocumented offenses: drunken disorderly, assault, theft.)
Preferred Masks Playbook - The Delinquent

Character Overview -
History:
Titus grew up in a well-off and political household. His older sister, Sydney, became an attorney and was picked up by a prestigious law firm at an early age. His mother, Victoria, is running for Baltimore’s next mayor and his father, William, serves on the Baltimore City Council. Titus is the black sheep of the Kaltenbach’s, wanting nothing to do with the political climate that involves his entire family. Instead, the older he got the more frustrated and belligerent he became. Fights escalated at school, he took to disrespecting teachers, and had a drunken escapade once or twice. It was a constant effort to keep Titus out of the news and causing political havoc. The Kaltenbach’s swept many of his petty crimes under the carpet. It worked...Until he broke into his all-boys prep school and flooded and smashed out windows of the first floor. To salvage public opinion, a PR campaign manager suggested Titus do community service. He got his nickname due to who his family is, and his temperamental judgment leading to destructive decisions.

-Personality:
Titus’s outward displays of spite and devil-may-care attitude hides a sensitive soul. He wants to be liked, but he’d never tell you that. His temper is quick to explode, most of the time seemingly out of nowhere, and he has no problem to make a point with a punch. On the flip side, Titus has a deep appreciation for the arts and is often designing tattoos, skateboard stickers, and comic book characters. He doesn’t show many people this side. His family isn’t the most supportive of his artistic pursuits or career in the field, and it's his biggest insecurity. If he shows you any of his designs, it means he likes you.

-Super powers:
Delinquent - Teleportation and illusions

-Appearance:
Undercut black hair and green eyes. Despite his wealthy upbringing, you wouldn't know it by the way he dresses. Titus wears dark colors-- most with explicit sayings or graffiti patterns, ripped jeans, and leather jackets. He’s a fan of Converse shoes or boots. Much to the dismay of his parents, Titus stole one of their credit cards to get his entire left forearm tattooed (it’s design he made himself.) He also has gauged ears and several ear piercings.

What caused The Mr Trash Wheel Incident? - Some government lost track of their mutant goo that they make in the secret ocean floor lab. A container must’ve slipped into the ocean and Mr. Trash Wheel ate it.

I took the Oath of Sangus

Last edited by Odyssey; Feb 12th, 2019 at 03:17 PM.
Old Feb 11th, 2019, 12:44 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3673
Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum
I sooo wanted to create "the milkman" guy, but that was probably too op..
Apologies for the double picture, I just couldn't find an appropriate picture for the tone I was looking for..

Mark
right-aligned image

Character's name: Marco Dorfner (a.k.a. Marky-mark before the incident, now Murky-mark)

Character's Offense: Cyberhacking, he broke into Food Depot delivery system to get free food delivered to his grandma's house, got caught after a month.

Playbook: the Transformed

Character's Overview:
- History:
Marco's father, Richard Dorfner, was apparently a brilliant scientist that skipped town shortly after the birth of his son. The mother, Maria-Florencia Torres, was a nurse that passed when Marco was seven. Since then he has been living with his grandmother Carmen, an overweight sweet lady that can barely see beyond five feet. Despite being very close to his abuelita, the kid always wanted to meet his father, but the foggy memory of Carmen didn't help with the details focal to the search of a man. Living in the projects didn't give Marco a lot of opportunities, but with the help of a third-hand pc, he discovered a passion for informatics, which led to a recent conviction to probation services.
This kinda helped to give him sort of a bad-boy look in the eyes of his girlfriend Stacey, from which he hid the fact that he got busted for cyberstealing groceries to lighten the financial burden of his retired granny. Marco hasn't seen Stacey since the incident.

- Personality:
Not tough enough to be one of the cool kids and not bright enough to have a good scholastic career, Marco found himself in that weird limbo of not really fitting in a group of his peers. He played the 'act like a violent madman' card a couple times when tested by the school bullies, so that they would pick easier targets and it worked like a charm, but he's never been a violent kid. He has a small group of buddies from his neighbourhood that he hangs out with, but he keeps out of any gang business. He started to hang out with the cousin of one of his friends when he printed out fake tickets for her, but not being particularly socially gifted their relationship walks on thin ice.

- Appearance:
Before the incident, Marco was of small frame and a bit under 5.3ft, sporting a caesar cut and the ghost of a mustache of which he was very proud of. Trying to appeal to his latin side of the family he usually wore ridiculously large shirts and baggy pants. He used to wear a big fake golden chain but it disappeared from his locker after Phys.Ed. so he didn't replace it to avoid getting robbed again.
The incident changed Marco greatly: he grew by two feet and gained around six stones, his skin looks like a burn victim's, but it's tender to the touch and Marco could swear he sees it shifting in a downwards motion sometimes. As his voice is the only thing that remained the same, his granny wasn't terrified by the transformation, and helped him find suitable clothes at the thrift shop to accomodate the dramatic size change. Dressed in a large raincoat with bandages covering his face, walking unsteadily like a drunk, Marco now looks like a monster from an old movie - in fact kids from the neighbourhood started calling him 'Murky-mark' as if his confidence needed that..

- Superpowers: Inhuman Might.
What caused The Mr Trash Wheel Incident?: He has too many theories but can't pin one for sure. The one thing that's clear to Marco is that is related to water, which is why he's been afraid of bathing lately.

Full disclosure: never played mask, kinda learning through reading the Misfits game^^

Last edited by Ursinorum; Feb 12th, 2019 at 12:44 PM.
Old Feb 11th, 2019, 02:08 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 78
nomadzophiel
The Star

right-aligned image

right-aligned image

Character Name - Grant Diamond
Character's Offense - B&E, trespassing, vandalism, commercial filming on public property without a permit
Preferred Masks Playbook - The Outsider or The Star(Halcyon City Herald set)

Character Overview -
Recent History:
Grant "Diamond Dog" Diamond has made quite a social media name for himself in the extremely niche market of occult influencers. By combining rock star rebellion with traditional and modern occultism, an enormous social media presence and clever merchandising, he was making waves and a better living than he ever had playing in garage bands. Grant never really believed in magic as more than a unique approach to psychology and self hypnosis but he did believe in freeing people's minds and helping them take charge of their lives.

His first 100,000 hit video was the one that got him arrested. The whole thing took weeks to plan Grant and the crew scouted out an abandoned Cold War bunker, snuck in supplies and lights and painted every flat surface with occult graffiti. A crew of eight between 'talent' and tech showed up for filming day. Luckily for Grant, he was livestreaming or the his best show to date would have gotten deleted when the cops broke up the ritual and confiscated the cameras. It was wile serving probation for this particular stunt that the Mr Trash Wheel incident changed Grant and his life forever.

When he woke up after The Incident, something changed. The being that woke up in Grant Diamond's hospital bed is no longer entirely sure of who he really is. He awoke looking nothing like Grant and everything like a soul trading devil. He has some of Grant's memories, maybe even all of them. It is hard to tell what he may have forgotten since he doesn't remember it. Mixed in with those memories were those of some Other Place, a place where dream logic rules and the laws of physics are more like gentle suggestions. He was a rebellious teen there, too, or at least the local equivalent. Did Grant swap dimensions with someone else? Did the two merge? Has an extradimensional being replaced him entirely? Even Grant is not sure. He kept the old name that may or may not belong to him in order to make things less confusing but another name keeps rattling around in his head: Gregori. Fortunately, Grant's powers allow him to hide his inhuman appearance. . .most of the time. . . more or less.

It's time to grab the cameras and get back to work. Diamond Dog's got a whole new brand!

-Personality:
To say Grant has problems with authority is to massively understate the situation. He is literally an online icon of youthful rebellion and fighting the power. He genuinely believes in making others' lives better by helping them find the power in themselves and throwing off the expectations that others place on them. All of this dials up even more when he drops his human guise. Without the thin veneer of humanity to hide behind, he becomes more outgoing, more charming and more than a little reckless. Grant also enjoys his quiet time. He nearly always has a book on him and keeps his reading glasses tucked in his jacket pocket.

-Super powers:
The Outsider - Telepathy and mind blasts, alien weaponry or The Star - Light Control

-Appearance:
Grant - Tall, wiry and bald, Grant dresses to impress as best his budget will allow. He knows that someone is always watching and that one bad moment can spread across the Internet in a heartbeat.

The Devil - Taller, wirier with a shock of unruly black hair, he has the classic horns, red skin, forked tongue, tail and fire in his eyes. While he still dresses to impress, he tends more towards leather and other things that will take a beating. He always looks a bit disheveled compared to Grant's perfect creases.

What caused The Mr Trash Wheel Incident? Whatever it was that we found, it must have come from the same Other Place as my powers. Maybe it was a communicator or a beachhead for an invasion but whatever it was, it clearly didn't work as planned.

Last edited by nomadzophiel; Feb 11th, 2019 at 07:46 PM.