RPG Crossing
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Jan 30th, 2019, 08:18 PM
I'm a Helper!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16528
Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aethera View Post
And here I was hoping Ion was here to apply. Shame.
Who says I'm not?

The first step of any application is to harass the DM, right?

Last edited by Ion2Atom; Jan 30th, 2019 at 08:19 PM.
Old Jan 30th, 2019, 08:29 PM
The red pandas are coming
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21039
LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ion2Atom View Post
Who says I'm not?

The first step of any application is to harass the DM, right?
Reported for violating section A of the RPG Crossing Site Rules.
Old Jan 30th, 2019, 08:31 PM
The penguins are coming!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19622
Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera
Is there like a sign saying "Pick on Kappy" ???? o.O
Old Jan 30th, 2019, 08:35 PM
The red pandas are coming
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21039
LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapera View Post
Is there like a sign saying "Pick on Kappy" ???? o.O
It's how we socially-maladjusted types show affection.
Old Jan 31st, 2019, 05:39 AM
Orange Pirate
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9986
Osse Osse Osse Osse Osse Osse Osse Osse Osse Osse Osse
Avery Braddock
Avery Braddock
Human Brawler
left-aligned image

Alignment: Neutral Good

Traits: You gain a +2 trait bonus on a single Craft skill (your choice).Artisan, You gain a +2 trait bonus on Fortitude saves against poison and drugs, and a +4 trait bonus on Fortitude saves to avoid the effects of alcohol.Iron Liver, When you use a tool of your trade (requiring at least 1 rank in the appropriate Craft or Profession skill) as a weapon, you do not take the improvised weapon penalty and instead receive a +1 trait bonus on your attack. This trait is commonly used with shovels, picks, blacksmith hammers, and other sturdy tools — lutes and brooms make terribly fragile weapons.Rough and Ready

Drawback: Goods and services cost you 10% more (and can’t be paid for by allies), and you need twice as much food and liquid as normal for the purposes of preventing starvation and thirst.Insatiable

Description: At first look, Avery can be quite intimidating. He is a 6’3”tall, 220 lbs.heavy-set man, with short, red hair and a well-trimmed beard. One would most often see him dressed plainly, for he prefers comfortable clothes over those that looked good. He smells of sweat, sawdust, earth and booze. Avery is big, in every way. He's got a hearty laugh, a deep voice, a huge appetite, and a lot of love for everyone. You would know that he's in the room, before you even open the door.

Flaw: A man of excess. Avery eats too much, drinks too much, and sleeps too much.

Fear: He is afraid of drowning. He avoids crossing any point of the river—or any other body of water in the area—where it isn't shallow enough for his chest to be above the surface of water. Though he did attempt to, once or twice, he had never truly learned how to swim.

Background: Avery is a carpenter, cartwright, cooper, basically anything that has to do with the creation of something vital to rural life that is made out of woodwoodworker, who—due to the noisy nature of his profession—lives in a cabin on the outskirts of town. He comes from a small family that consists of him, his parents, Age 55Horace and Age 52Eleanor, and his twin brother Archibald is married to Betsy Jackson, who comes from a family of goatherds and cheesemakers. They have two sons; seven-year-old Lewis, and two-year-old Lucas.Archibald. Had you not been told, you wouldn't guess that the Braddock brothers were twins, for Archibald was gaunt, tattooed and had a shaved head. The Braddocks are one of, if not, the oldest family in Rivair Hibbair. Woodworking, their craft, had been passed on from parent to child for generations and generations. Apprenticeship to the household head begins as early as age six.

Avery is married to the miller’s daughter, Daisy Hollins. They have a four-year-old daughter named Summer. They get by well enough. There was almost always someone who needed a new barrel, have a cartwheel made, or want something in their house fixed, a week or two after he finishes working on something. It helps that in terms of business, his brother is the only real competition he has in town.

A Small Scale Problem
Avery Braddock sat under a very broad oak, contemplating how he liked his fish cooked for lunch. Grilled? Baked? Fried? Roasted? Steamed? Braised? Stewed? He couldn't quite make up his mind. There would be a feast in the evening, of course, and he very well could have all of those options during it, but that was several hours away.

He had been cleaning fishes, since the catch started coming in; removing their scales, their innards and their heads, then passing them on to the others so that they could be laid out to dry. This had been his task during char runs, ever since he started participating in them. His fear of drowning had always kept him joining those who fished.

"So... what it is going to be?," he heard his wife say. She had been standing near him for over five minutes, waiting for an answer.

"Ah. Apologies, my love," he responded. There were three fishes on a basket beside him, ones he kept for lunch, to accompany the bread and the ale from the innkeepers. "Summer!," he called out. "Pick a number from one to seven!"

His daughter was with her cousins, playing some game that involved waving sticks in the air and running around in circles. "One, two, seven?," she asked breathlessly.

"Yeah. One to seven. Pick one."

"One?"

"Grilled it is."

The People of Rivair Hibbair
Annabelle
The wife prefers buying vegetables from the Fausts. Avery himself doesn’t really interact with Annabelle. They don’t have much in common. Avery also tends to avoid hanging out with pretty girls, now that he’s married.
Eirnan
Avery pities the baker’s son. The boy always appears like he’s about to crumble or something. Avery dares not invite Eirnan to have a drink with him, for fear that the boy will get sick, and that he’ll draw the ire of the boy’s parents.
Erica
Avery’s known Erica since childhood, not only are they of the same age, but the Seldrins also supply the wood that the Braddocks need for their craft. They remain good friends to this day.
Garidan
Avery is fond of the horseman. The two are old friends and drinking buddies. They go hunting together at times, which mostly involves Avery just hanging back, while Garidan does the actual work. Avery’s big frame and lack of nimbleness spooks the game away.
Garland
Garland’s uncle officiated Avery’s wedding, five years ago. He thinks the Witcombes are fine folk, but he never really spends much time with them, for any talk of religion bores him to death.
Jimmy
One can’t go around the village on a fine day, without bumping into at least one Stone. They’re everywhere. Jimmy’s probably the shiniest of them all. Kid’s got talent. Could probably make a living with his music, if the town had more people in it, and if he ditched that raccoon.
Kirna
Avery occasionally calls Kirna when he needs something delivered to a customer. She appears to talk with her horse more than anyone else. That’s probably not healthy, but Avery keeps that thought to himself.
Lillian
Avery’s a regular at the inn, so he’s quite fond of the owners' daughter. He’s even a learned ale, bread, meat, soup, and thank youa few of the signs that she and her friend Thomas uses. Avery went to the Hartnells for help when his wife went terribly ill during labor. Nona and Lillian never hesitated to aid them then, so Avery considers himself indebted to the innkeepers.
Maketahk
Maketahk was the talk of the town when she was born, due to her unique appearance. Then 5-year-old Avery had always been fascinated with her since then. Avery was one of the kids who appreciated her jokes a lot. He’s partially to blame for the prankster that she has become.
Pots
Pots is Avery’s favorite drinking buddy. Most people would see the two as very close friends. One supplies endless entertainment. The other is the perfect audience.
Seamus
Avery doesn’t quite know what to make of Seamus. He rarely sees him in town. Avery figured that the young man’s likely off in the woods hunting or he’s tucked away somewhere, having a nap.
Thomas
Avery’s wife Daisy is Thomas’ cousin. Rivair Hibbair’s millers are all related. He occasionally gets the kid to help him with his work. Even taught him a few tricks. It helps a lot that Thomas is easy to find. Avery just needs to drop by the inn to see a helping hand.

Last edited by Osse; Feb 3rd, 2019 at 02:03 AM.
Old Feb 1st, 2019, 12:30 PM
The penguins are coming!

Tools
User Statistics
He looks interesting Osse, and I do love the flavour of him having wife and kids and a life...

*inserts the evil cackle Aeth is oh so familiar with here*

There are a few others who have mentioned interest, so while I know it might seem like forever to make it to the 12th, as of now I have no plans to speed it up. It is giving me time to finish up chapter 2 plans as well

Last edited by Kapera; Feb 1st, 2019 at 12:34 PM.
Old Feb 1st, 2019, 01:44 PM
Windrunner

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10471
Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy
the 12th!!!!!!! holy shiz! that's forever away!
Old Feb 1st, 2019, 01:56 PM
The penguins are coming!

Tools
User Statistics
12 days is not forever away, are you even done yet Scim??? :P

And as of yet there has been no petition circling to demand sooner, so you will survive my dear.
Old Feb 1st, 2019, 02:42 PM
<3 M

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1291
xenavire xenavire xenavire xenavire xenavire xenavire xenavire xenavire xenavire
*Drafts petition*

We are still allowed to annoy the DM right? Where'd that sign get to?...
Old Feb 1st, 2019, 02:52 PM
Windrunner

Tools
User Statistics
I just need an rp sample and 12 days is forever!

*Rolls on the floor and throws a fit*
Old Feb 1st, 2019, 02:54 PM
The penguins are coming!

Tools
User Statistics
No fit throwing until the sample is complete
Old Feb 1st, 2019, 03:04 PM
Windrunner

Tools
User Statistics
*throws bigger fit*
Old Feb 1st, 2019, 11:39 PM
This Guy!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11546
JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons
I'm still fully forming a concept, but a couple questions came up about items.

First... a Pathfinder's Kit comes with a dagger. So when we pick weapons, is it two weapons plus the dagger in the kit?

Second, considering we all have jobs in the village, will we have artisan tools for those jobs?

If a character is a rogue (by class and not necessarily a thief), will they get thieves tools like casters get component pouches? If a character has a familiar, can they have a familiar pouch? Do clerics and the like get holy symbols?

Can we have items that fit the character in a RP perspective? Things like diaries, playing cards, holy symbols (for non-divine classes) or similar type of stuff.
Old Feb 2nd, 2019, 12:11 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16370
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
huh I missed the pathfinder's kit having a dagger already, maybe I can have a sling after all

Some legacy thieving tools passed down from crazy great uncle hubert or something like that, or something found while gleaning for metal across the river and not turned would be the likely source for something like that, probably all in how you write it in I would wager.
Old Feb 2nd, 2019, 01:56 PM
The penguins are coming!

Tools
User Statistics
OD has the truth of it, there will be some items that are just 'logical' and passed down, and yes, the Pathfinder's kit has a few useful tools that are also weapons which will be in addition to the basics you get to pick from to start. The dagger in this case though is the sort you also use to skin an animal and such things, so is not just a 'fighting' dagger, but of course could be used as one.

Artisinal tools: Yes, the basic sorts that each will have for their job. A blacksmith would have a hammer, seamstress... needles and cutting tools, and witches/healers/things like that they have a component kit... so yes, a witchs kit or so forth, all items that they would have gathered or in some cases made in order to do their 'work' easier.

No Masterwork tools... just some basic things

Thieves tools... yes this is possible, not that there are a lot of things to unlock, but the little pins and things are also useful when making/disarming traps for larger animals and I am sure some other creative things someone could come up with. But this needs to be covered as to why and how they have the items in their possession, I want to see colour and reason

Holy symbols made of wood, that a person may have had passed down for a while, can be worked into a story to make sense, the same with say a small piece made of Iron, but nothing overly fancy. It also needs to fit into what is written and the setting, if it feels forced, it wont work.

Cards are paper... make gambling/game things out of wood, stone, or well be creative as to what it is, dice are easily a thing... use creativity and see what I say, as are the pouches needed for familiars and the kits as well for those particular classes.

Diaries are not a thing on hand, everything is kept in a verbal manner in the town, there are reasons so anything paper/book wise is a no go.

Last edited by Kapera; Feb 2nd, 2019 at 02:03 PM.