Other EARTHDAWN: Playing the Possibilities: Delving the Depths. - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Mar 14th, 2018, 08:55 PM
Khazad! Khazad Ai-menu!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6559
Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald
Thank you for applying, all three applicants have been invited to join the game.

Welcome to Kaer Darrow: ottdmk, Fwalin McFundin, and MagicallyMusing!
Old Jul 9th, 2018, 04:18 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 26
Umbraldragon
I would like to play or help GM 4th edition. I have played 1st and 3rd edition as well as run a few adventures. I have a character or can make a new one, np. I don't really like the West Marches and they wanted me to play a game first then GM. I don't have a problem with their logic, but I have kids, work and a schedule to keep with my wife's daily stuff. So pbp is the best for me. I am currently running a Call of Chthulhu 7th Edition - Doors to Darkness campaign (going on 7 months) on Tavern Keeper and a Mythras - Spider God's Bride campaign (going on over a year now) also on Tavern Keeper, which, I would recomend to anyone running a pbp. The dice roller is fine, has exploding dice, multiple dice rolls at once as well as Fudge dice.
Anyhow, let me know if you've got a space for me or not. I am so excited about getting back into Earthdawn.
Old Jul 10th, 2018, 07:29 PM
Khazad! Khazad Ai-menu!

Tools
User Statistics
Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald
Always happy to find another Earthdawn fan! The current campaign has the group locked for story reasons, but I hope they can be out of the Kaer soon, and then new players can be introduced.

The dice roller here wasn’t friendly to the game at first, but if you look at the dice codes in my signature, you’ll find that I’ve got codes prepped up to step 40, with and without Karma. The code was discovered and fixed up by player ottdmk, and without their effort, rolling ED dice on the crossing was a real challenge (pain in the arse). It’s very smooth now, a welcome fix!

There is another ED GM in training here, who I am trading ED solo games with at the solo bazaar.

Come over to one of these games’ OOC, or to the OOC thread in my Kaer Darrow campaign (link in sig) and chat with us about earthdawn. We’ll see how we can get you in as soon as possible.

It should be known, however, that my real life responsibilities are pretty brutal, and my posting rate is super slow; family, work, side business and masters study fill the plate up.
Old Aug 18th, 2018, 06:21 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 114
Droka Droka
Are you looking for more players?
I'm a long time Earthdawn fan, played since 1e and have the 4th Ed as well. Recently, yesterday, my PHB was stolen along with my backpack, however I still have my soft copy, so can make a character.
Thanks.
PS, I'm new to RPG Crossing so still getting used to this site.
I run Earthdawn games currently on RPOL and started a table top game with a friend, his son and my daughter.

Last edited by Droka; Aug 18th, 2018 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Added my xp with RPG crossing.
Old Aug 19th, 2018, 08:29 PM
Khazad! Khazad Ai-menu!

Tools
User Statistics
Welcome to the Crossing!

Well, our group is a bit full, and the story has them stuck inside their Kaer right now, with canonical reasons for them not taking more members (I kinda painted myself into a corner with that one...). Anyway, they'll be exiting the kaer soon(ish), in the next month (real time) or so, and then can possibly run into some others who may wish to seek fame and fortune with these newbies whose kaer waited the full 500 years before opening.

However, there is one other player in line already, so I don't know. I don't want the group to get too bloated, but I also don't want to turn anyone away from Earthdawn, you know?

I post very slowly, once a week at best, because my real life is real crazy.
Old Aug 20th, 2018, 09:55 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Droka Droka
No problem, some other time. Good luck.
Old Jan 22nd, 2019, 08:34 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 375
Tattered Rags Tattered Rags Tattered Rags Tattered Rags
Hey, I know the group is just walking through the entrance to Kaer Darrow, but I'd like to put my hat in as a possible player to join in the future, should that ever be allowed. More than willing to wait the few months it may take for that to come around.

(I'm also Tattered Rags over in the FASA forums, if you want to check some references.)
Old Feb 1st, 2019, 01:06 AM
Khazad! Khazad Ai-menu!

Tools
User Statistics
Oh, thanks for your interest TatteredRags. We certainly can work something out.

Be aware that it will be a very long wait, as I don't post often due to my studies. I hope to finish my masters degree by May, so after that I'll be able to return to sanity and regular posting, until then, keep in touch and we'll work on a character for you to join the party with. Since the party will be going to Travar (well, that's the plan, who knows what they'll actually do once they make it to the surface, may be straight to sandbox after all).
Old Feb 5th, 2019, 05:34 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 375
Tattered Rags Tattered Rags Tattered Rags Tattered Rags
Aw, sheesh, I never got the notification for your post! Probably in spam. Boo.

Regardless, I am interested in doing this, whatever the wait. In the interim, I'll probably sign up for one of your solo tests I saw you advertising on the Earthdawn Facebook group
Expect a PM from me soon.
Old Feb 6th, 2019, 04:07 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Droka Droka
Greetings, do you still need players? I’m still interested.
Old Feb 6th, 2019, 11:20 PM
Khazad! Khazad Ai-menu!

Tools
User Statistics
Well, it'll be a while before I can introduce a new player to the group, since they're still in the 'leaving the kaer' phase. I'm a very slow GM because of RL obligations, but if you're interested please consider participating in my ED tutorial one-shot, it's mostly geared for new players, but experienced players are welcome to come in as well, especially since I'm still fleshing it out. Perhaps if enough people are interested, and after I've finished grad school, then I'll have time to start another campaign.
Old Feb 10th, 2019, 04:50 PM
Wyrmling

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
zeprof
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karhald View Post
Thank you for applying, all three applicants have been invited to join the game.

Welcome to Kaer Darrow: ottdmk, Fwalin McFundin, and MagicallyMusing!
How are your experiences with Tavern Keeper?
Also - what kind of Call of Chthulhu are you running there in a nutshell?
Old Feb 11th, 2019, 11:31 AM
I'm Super! thx for asking

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2082
Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79
I have the books... somewhere... never thought I'd get the chance to use them again. Quite a fun system, mostly the fun (for me) was creating cool magical items with deep back stories. Weaving threads to attune yourself to the items was a very cool mechanic as well.

EDIT: Sorry, I hadn't realized someone necro'd the thread.

Last edited by Superstrength79; Feb 11th, 2019 at 11:32 AM.
Old Feb 12th, 2019, 12:50 AM
Khazad! Khazad Ai-menu!

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeprof View Post
How are your experiences with Tavern Keeper?
Also - what kind of Call of Chthulhu are you running there in a nutshell?
Wha? huh?

I've never played Call of Cthulhu, so... well... what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstrength79 View Post
I have the books... somewhere... never thought I'd get the chance to use them again. Quite a fun system, mostly the fun (for me) was creating cool magical items with deep back stories. Weaving threads to attune yourself to the items was a very cool mechanic as well.

EDIT: Sorry, I hadn't realized someone necro'd the thread.
It's a fantastic system, and I'm happy to see that more people are starting to notice it.

Yes, the magic item system is so much better than finding a +1 sword, use it for a few levels, then throw it away cause you found a +2 sword. Every item could grow and have a backstory, in fact, every item NEEDED a backstory. I especially love how that system hints, but does not spell out rules for, the idea that your normal ol' mundane item could, through great deeds of your own, become a powerful magical item purely from the stories told where its use was featured in the telling.

Don't worry about thread necro when it comes to Earthdawn, helps more people see that the system is still alive and well. I've run into several folks who played it a lot back in the 90s, but then just... stopped, and are now amazed to find out it's in 4th edition now.

It is my life mission to bring Earthdawn to the masses!

TO THE MASSES!!!!

As for joining in, my group is pretty full, with a couple more people waiting to join in once the main group has left the kaer. But feel free to use the information found in the links in my sig to start your own campaign (wink wink nudge nudge)! I am also doing some solo Earthdawn games, but I'm now full, sorry, maybe once I complete my masters degree in a few more months, I'll have time to open up another game.

Last edited by Karhald; Feb 12th, 2019 at 12:51 AM.
Old Jun 11th, 2019, 02:34 AM
Khazad! Khazad Ai-menu!

Tools
User Statistics
Applications are open to bolster the ranks of the current group! Come and join us in exploring the world of Barsaive.