RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 3.5e > Homebrew: N-R > Realms of Lore
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 04-18-2010, 11:06 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22
Kryptex
Father Jeslip looks down at the dwarf. "Our current situation has meant all of us having to make certain sacrifices. I was chosen to take up leadership after the death of Father Milstring a few days ago. There have been several... attacks since being cutoff from the rest of the world."

He turns toward Corin following his comment. "Indeed? I'd very much like to hear more of what happened to you all but it should wait until everyone has arrived. Hopefully we can figure out what has happened, not only to the four of you but to our village as well."

"father, shouldn't he be present for this as well?" Devin gestures to a door at the side of the church. "He should be well enough by now to tell us about what happened to him as well as having some idea about the barrier."

Father Jeslip looks toward the side door pensively. "I suppose it couldn't hurt. Our other guest hasn't been very talkative so far but perhaps these events will change that. I'll go and get him, you should all take a seat for now though." He moves off in the direction of the door as Devin points you towards the front row of pews.

"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men." Willy Wonka

Last edited by Kryptex; 04-18-2010 at 11:07 PM.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:06 PM
Fharlanghn's Heir
Good People  

Iron DM 2009

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2121
Malikane Malikane Malikane Malikane Malikane Malikane Malikane Malikane Malikane Malikane Malikane
"My condolences for the death of your predecessor," Sjolnir says in his normal rough voice as Father Jeslip moves away from them.

"What kind of 'attacks' was he talking about?" the dwarf asks Devin once the priest is out of earshot and they move to take their seats.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:19 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Kryptex
Devin goes slightly pale at the question. "A witch lives up in the mountains. You see, until the barrier went up she only took those that strayed too close to her lair, but now..." He trails off, looking at the floor. "We've lost six people to her giant, including Father Milstring. Now she sends her orcs into town to take whatever they want. If we try and stop them from taking anything they just leave, like they don't even care. But within minutes the giant appears up on the ridge, hurling boulders down on the village. We stopped resisting a while ago." Devin goes quiet, still looking at the floor.

A few minutes go by as people continue to file in to the church. The door Father Jeslip exited reopens and man with golden skin appears behind it. He has to duck down to fit through the door.

"Thats him!" Damon exclaims, grabbing Corin by the arm and pointing. "Thats the angel I saw."

Sure enough, as he's passing through the door he is followed by a pair of massive, white wings folded behind his back. You also notice some bloody bandages wrapped around his midsection. Father Jeslip is right behind him and helps him take a seat.

Old 04-21-2010, 05:50 PM
Fharlanghn's Heir
Good People  

Iron DM 2009

Tools
User Statistics
Malikane Malikane Malikane Malikane Malikane Malikane Malikane Malikane Malikane Malikane Malikane
If Sjolnir feels any surprise by the presence of the angel, he does not show it. Instead, he seems to be more interested in the orcs and giant that are raiding the village. "If there is trouble afoot, it may behoove us to prepare for the next raid. Thoughts, Corin?"

Last edited by Malikane; 04-21-2010 at 05:50 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:30 PM
Ancient Azure Anathema

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22689
Aeternis Aeternis Aeternis Aeternis Aeternis Aeternis Aeternis Aeternis Aeternis Aeternis Aeternis
Corin shrugs in response to the man expressing interest at the nature of their travel, though he doesn't immediately elaborate. That's a story for later. He makes a conscious effort to distract himself by focusing on the plight of these people. I was never trained in strategy, but surely I can help these people. If I'm ever to go home, I'm going to need their help. "Well, my thought is that the big threat is that giant. If it were to be... dealt with, the orcs and their leader would present far less of a threat."

Corin is taken aback at the nature of the golden man. Perhaps an outsider? Corin mentally reviews his limited
Dice Roll:
(as this is an older post, these rolls are interpreted by the older (more basic) dice roller code)
d20+3: (3) + 3 Total = 6
knowledge of the planes to determine if he knows of any creatures matching this description. It surely looks like an extraplanar creature, but looks could be decieving - Corin knows how extraplanars vary widely and are often similar to material-plane creatures.

Wait. If it is extraplanar, it might recognize Nullfang. There's a distraction and an issue that should wait for a better time. Corin nonchalantly turns his right hip, where the sword is sheathed, away from the creature, to attempt to hide its distinctive design.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:58 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Kryptex
"Frost giants are some nasty creatures. We'd get to be big heroes we save the village from one of them. Something worth writing a song about no doubt." Gab is smiling broadly to no one in particular as he speaks.

Damon is still focused on the angel coming across the room. "That's assuming we can take him down, we'll need to find some kind of advantage to pull it off. You know, I don't think he recognizes us. He looked right at us and his expression didn't change at all. I'm sure it's him though."

Old 04-25-2010, 04:16 PM
Ancient Azure Anathema

Tools
User Statistics
Aeternis Aeternis Aeternis Aeternis Aeternis Aeternis Aeternis Aeternis Aeternis Aeternis Aeternis
Corin notes Damon's distraction, and tries to use it to keep himself on task. "Sure it's who?"
Old 04-28-2010, 11:47 AM
Fharlanghn's Heir
Good People  

Iron DM 2009

Tools
User Statistics
The dwarf grunts, "The angel from the sewers? If ya say so, Damon. I'm not gonna dispute ya, boy. I haven't any experience with their kind, so I don't know what ta make of 'im."

Sjolnir is as stoic as ever, mentally preparing himself for the impending battle with giants, orcs, and whatever not.
Old 05-23-2010, 05:24 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Kryptex
Father Jeslip leaves the angel an moves up to the podium at the front of the church. "alright, looks like most everyone's here. We should get started. I want to apologize for dragging you all out of your homes in the middle of this storm but it was necessary. We have a group of travelers that have arrived from beyond the barrier. What makes the situation even stranger is that they claim to have no knowledge of it at all, as I understand it they were transported here in some manner." He pauses as this comment sends excited murmurs through the crowd. "Perhaps it would be better if they were to come up here and relate the events that brought them here themselves." He nods to the four of you and beckens you to come up.

Old 05-25-2010, 12:32 AM
Ancient Azure Anathema

Tools
User Statistics
Corin shakes his head. We were trying to back-door a hostage situation, and were... flushed into a chamber with a glowing orb in it. It took us here. He doesn't speak up, willing to let one of the others do the public speaking, though he'll correct anyone who gets it wrong. Corin, after all, has no interest in being the object of attention of a village full of strangers, not yet.
Old 06-19-2010, 09:19 PM
Fharlanghn's Heir
Good People  

Iron DM 2009

Tools
User Statistics
The dwarf stays silent, more focused on killing the orcs and giants than on what he considers to be a social formality. He is hoping that someone like Gab speaks up soon.