RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 3.5e > Homebrew: N-R > Gath's Gameboard > Ibinel
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 03-04-2019, 06:29 PM
Stingy Black Mage

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 632
loganic loganic loganic loganic loganic loganic
A faint sweet smell drifted over from the left. Was it … yes! These stevia leaves were going to be nice to chew on. Loris crushed one into his mouth and gave another for Mitten to lick. The noise of motion carried through, as tents were packed and coffee was made. Maybe one day, he’d be desperate enough for the basic stuff without cinnamon and cardamom.

”Nice to know we don’t have any layabouts.” the gnome said to nobody in particular. He made his way through the camp until he heard Dejad’s and Sable’s footfalls in turn. He hoped to offer them a blessing of Link Link.

Sable’s instructions and direction were useful. It seemed a failing of the scout to be caught be an ambush, but their enemy was likely ruthless and knowledgeable of the area. Loris mounted the large dog and prepared to ride second in one of the groups.

Last edited by loganic; 03-05-2019 at 10:46 AM.
Old 03-05-2019, 07:16 AM
<3 M

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 449
xenavire xenavire xenavire xenavire xenavire
As Dajed saw most of the group was ready to go, he decided it was time to speak up.
Now, we need a lead for the less stealthy group, yes? As much as I'd love to join you both, I would serve the group better by talking the frontmost position. I am familiar enough with this kind of terrain, and while I am not an expert, I have a knack for spotting traps, and signs of the local fauna.

He turned to Fleece, and gave him a scratch behind the ear. Stay close to Cael and your new friend. If something happens to me, I'm sure they will keep you safe. He then made a few minor adjustments while waiting for the order to move out.

Old 03-05-2019, 04:21 PM
The hidden treasure

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18911
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
A Fresh Morning
Darktears gave Dajed a nod as he thanked her for her aid the other night. It felt good to be thanked, something she never really had much of. Usually things were demanded and she never felt appreciated. But these people seemed different. Or perhaps it was a ploy to get her guard down, but only time would tell.

Once the group was prepared to depart, she took a marching place around the middle of the group. Not talking point, nor the rear.

Last edited by kaylara; 03-08-2019 at 08:32 AM.
Old 03-05-2019, 09:38 PM
Dogs like to read too

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 35156
FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight
Seeing that some members were just stumbling out of bed while she bounced impatiently in the saddle, Cael grimaced and slid back out. She had forgotten to prepare some of her spells, she was so excited.

Leading Cragfoot over to a quiet spot out of the way, she slid to the ground, cross-legged. Whatever granted rangers their abilities could excuse some enthusiasm, right? Provided she gave some semblance of respect now. Closing her eyes, she began focusing, as Cragfoot slowly pulled away from her and back into playing with the other goat.

When everyone was finally ready, Cael rejoined the others. "Cragfoot won't make noise if I ask him to." She protested, rolling her eyes at Mister Bossy. Cragfoot would do almost anything she asked. Fleece might be a bit harder, considering he didn't belong to her. He might take such instructions better from Dajed. What about Mittens? She glanced at the gnome. What did Vin see in the gnome, anyways, besides a love of dogs and heavy armor? He hadn't commented on her dragonness yet, nor had he asked the multitude of questions that the arcanists had at the academy. Perhaps gnomes were like everyone else and varied in their attitudes?

Cael was resplendent in her phoenix getup, and the archer was determined to wear the silly things if it kept her from getting fireballed again. The armor was growing on her a bit. As if the magic was shaping it slightly to be easier on her elven eyes and to her elven sensibilities. The camouflage paint that had been offered the night before seemed to have come off the armor somehow but the archer hadn't shown any slacking in her skills at hiding in the woods, so perhaps it wasn't a problem for now. The elf was glad that someone else took charge of the marching order so she didn't have to, especially since that left her free to roam. Plus, the dragon was still close to the bard to catch him if he went sideways again. She was starting to feel in her element again, which had been sidetracked due to the embarrassment of getting caught in a vampire ambush and getting sidetracked by Declan's antics.
Old 03-06-2019, 03:47 AM
Barbarus sum

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14401
HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood
Declan had slept long and well, his troubled dreams of the night before replaced with a new calm. He awoke feeling refreshed, and listened to the others chatter as they prepared for the day. His only task was to refill his blessed waterskin, with clean water from the river. He turned to the east, to the rising sun just visible over the hilltop, and murmured the prayer:

"Talons to the east, fins to the west, we fly upon the waters of life headlong into what may come. Glory be to the Trinity."

The waters of life. Declan thought about the phrase for a moment. It sounded like a river, flowing downhill to the sea: but over rapids and cascades, perhaps, and then through a stagnant marshy delta, where little happened and everything was bland, and lost in a fog. He laughed quietly to himself. It sounded rather like old age.

"Well, I feel much better today," he announced. "I can move quietly enough if needed, but I think those of you who actually practise such things will be more skillful."
Old 03-07-2019, 11:31 AM
Stingy Black Mage

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 632
loganic loganic loganic loganic loganic loganic
Mittens’s soft whine carried through the remnants of the camp as he stood there and waited, holding the weight of Loris’s heavy armor and slightly lighter self. As the gnome looked on, he summarized so they could move on.
”Alright Sable, Cael and Cael, lead on. You seem sharp as tacks, so I trust your collective skills to give us any warning you can.” He continued to each in turn. ”Dejad, you seem sure, as sure can be, to lead our rear group. I 'll be sticking by you, mate. Darktears, Declan,Tinker, are you fine behind me?”

The goats confused him some. ”Cael, are you sure you want even one goat with you? I’m sure Tinker or Declan can lead them in the back just to be sure.”

The urgency of the threat seemed to resonate with the group, as they kept their discussion to a minimum and prepared to leave. The usual morning mist had burned off quite a bit, which indicated it was time to move. The smells of the nearby plant matter assaulted Loris’s nose as they started to move, both overwhelming and carrying the promise of secrets. He sensed small warm bodies in the cool undergrowth, but so far nothing seemed overly interested in them.

Last edited by loganic; 03-07-2019 at 11:32 AM.
Old 03-08-2019, 08:48 AM
The hidden treasure

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18911
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
A Fresh Morning
Darktears nodded to Mittens question as she looked off into the distance where they were about to traverse. She couldn't help but wonder how the area would weigh upon them all. However, those thoughts began to fade as the sunlight began to wash away the morning mist and warm the area, invigorating her blood with the feeling to move on.

Old 03-08-2019, 09:56 AM
Dogs like to read too

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 35156
FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight
As the elf nodded and started to head up the slope, the dragon glared at the gnome. On top of the goat, she sat at least a couple of inches higher than the gnome. This pleased her. "YES!" She growled, crossing her arms. Her mouth opened on a retort, then shut. It wasn't fair to the dog. "Besides, I'm not about to let a wizard or a poet watch him! They'd probably let him wander off and eat something that's not good for him. If I have to, I'll get off and go creep up on something, but for now, I'm sticking to him! Otherwise, he might disappear without me, like the rest of them did, and like I did to him!" The goat snorted, and pawed the ground for a moment.

"Besides, he's war trained and used to me riding him, and he would be very confused if I didn't now." Cael explained with a huff. "Plus, if anything sneaks up on me, he can smell it out and run it over."
Old 03-08-2019, 11:50 AM
Shield of Knawing

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10845
Vort Vort Vort Vort Vort Vort Vort Vort Vort Vort Vort
It was clearing up to be another hot day of travel, so while waiting for everyone to make final preparations he removed his heavy leather surcoat and rebelted his weapons harness over his dark iridescent breastplate. Black silk sleeves covered his arms down to his black fingerless gloves, and the star-shaped pendant that seemed a depthless void hung heavily around his neck; the man was a study in dark shimmering green and dull black. Rolling up the heavy coat he pushed it into his haversack, then slung that over his shoulders. Shadows clung to his form, concealing his features even in the growing glow of the morning sun. Out here in the openness of the beach he was still obvious, but in the dark gloom of the trees he'd be barely visible.

Sable smirked to stifle a laugh at Cael's response to the gnome. He hadn't known the dragonling long, but had learned enough that you don't question her logic. Unless you want to have a bit of fun, that is.

Impatient to be going, the swordsman waited until everyone was ready and mounted appropriately. He made quick eye contact with Cael, as the elf's scouting skills were about the only ones he had faith in at this point, then turned and set off.

Vort's Verbiage (2017/04/30) Anyone want a Tuco? ~Grogg Tree