OOC Inn of the Prancing Pony - Page 10 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > East of the Misty Mountains
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Apr 24th, 2020, 04:12 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 812
Helvorix Helvorix Helvorix Helvorix Helvorix Helvorix Helvorix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Rain View Post
@telcontar Just want to make sure you are looking at the correct gear. There is one outside of the game and one inside as well. The one I am referring to is inside the battlemap itself at the top right.

Once you click that, you should see a menu appear that asks for a display name
@telcontar If that ^ doesn't work, try going to this screen and clicking the Leave Game button. Make sure your display name is telcontar, then rejoin via the link in the 'Chapter 1: Don't Leave the Path' thread. If you can't rejoint through that link, you may have to get a new one; but I'm pretty sure you can rejoin through it.

Now I feel bad because I told you Roll20 would be really easy to use.

Last edited by Helvorix; Apr 24th, 2020 at 04:19 PM.
Old Apr 24th, 2020, 04:21 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8458
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
To start:

Everyone (except Vidar) can act in the surprise round and take an action as normal (have a conversation, skill checks, attacking, etc.) in any order. Once done, the NPCs will take their actions. After that, assuming combat has begun, normal block initiative will apply.

@Elanir Yes, I will have Nolmendil's init updated for the next post. Thanks.

@Helvorix Yes, go ahead and swap them on the sheet. I will update on my end and will reflect as of the next post.
Old Apr 24th, 2020, 04:23 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
@Helvorix Your dex is already giving you a +3 to initiative. You still want to switch wis and int?
Old Apr 24th, 2020, 04:30 PM
Peace was never an option

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 29422
Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner
@telcontar I totally understand your concern with displaying your RL name. I do however thing you may not have caught the detail of what silent was describing though. So let me make sure you are checking in the right place.

1. Log on to Roll20.com and it will bring you to the initial screen with the games.
2. Click the Launch button under the games to Launch the game.
3. Once there on the right side of the screen you will see the chat/menu area. Up top there are a series of icons the one on the far right is a gear, click it for Game Specific settings.
4. Change your Display name right under MY SETTINGS.

I believe you need to change this for your first game you ever join and then it will keep that until you change it. My user name is not Avner but it defaults to that every game I play now.

I'd also be interested if it matches the settings from Home> User Name Dropdown> My Account

Last edited by Avner; Apr 24th, 2020 at 04:35 PM.
Old Apr 24th, 2020, 04:37 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 812
Helvorix Helvorix Helvorix Helvorix Helvorix Helvorix Helvorix
No, I don't want to switch anything. What I was refering to was in the Party Stats, you have me set with wis saves at +1 and int saves +2; but my Wisdom score is 14 and my Intelligence score is 12. Not that big a deal really, just thought if you were gonna edit it anyway, you could fix them while you were at it. But it's not a priority.

Last edited by Helvorix; Apr 24th, 2020 at 04:44 PM.
Old Apr 24th, 2020, 04:37 PM

Tools
User Statistics
@Silent Rain I rolled Init for Vidar but am waiting to post until after the surprise round.
Old Apr 24th, 2020, 04:46 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
@Avner. Thanks

@Helvorix Ok,got it. Will be up on the next post.
Old Apr 24th, 2020, 05:42 PM
Destroyer of Dreams

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1602
Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar
Thanks all. Fixed. Yay!

So, my IRL still gets displayed (inexplicably) when I enter the battlemap, but yes clicking on the icon within the battlemap allows me to change it, and that seems to stick.

Edit: Actually, the other suggestion that I press Leave Game and then reenter seems to have fixed the whole shebang. I am now Telcontar when I initially enter the battlemap and I can switch name to Solveig within the battlemap.

I won't deny it, I was getting a bit demoralised there. But all good!

Last edited by Telcontar; Apr 24th, 2020 at 05:51 PM.
Old Apr 24th, 2020, 05:44 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Woohoo! Glad that worked!
Old Apr 24th, 2020, 06:58 PM
Mysterious Ice Ninja

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4373
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
Hey guys! I’m on 24 hour duty tonight, but I’ll have a post up tomorrow. Sorry for the delay!
Old Apr 24th, 2020, 08:03 PM
Dice are now Fate Cubes

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7373
Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen
Ah tele beat me to the punch. Ill update my post later to include that response haha either way I think I missed.
Old Apr 24th, 2020, 08:20 PM
Destroyer of Dreams

Tools
User Statistics
Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totentanzen View Post
Ah tele beat me to the punch. Ill update my post later to include that response haha either way I think I missed.
We posted within 2 minutes of each other.
Old Apr 24th, 2020, 08:43 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
Excellent first posts, really looking forward to see where you guys go with this.

Everyone should now have control of their characters in Roll20.
Old Apr 24th, 2020, 09:57 PM
Destroyer of Dreams

Tools
User Statistics
Yup, got control. Don't seem to be able to place Solveig exactly inside a hex, so I've put her as close to the position I was hoping for as Roll20 will allow. She's supposed to be a smidgeon down and to the right of where she's ended up.

Edit: By the way, if anyone wants to try Intimidating them, so that we don't have to fight them all, I'm amenable. It's just not Solveig's shtick.

Last edited by Telcontar; Apr 24th, 2020 at 10:32 PM.
Old Apr 24th, 2020, 10:43 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
@telcontar I'm working on figuring out how to disable the grid snapping, but for now, you can hold down alt while moving your character and it will not snap into place.