OOC Inn of the Prancing Pony - Page 9 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > East of the Misty Mountains
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Apr 24th, 2020, 11:58 AM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8458
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
The perhaps a simple tweak to the one that Avner is using: "I shall never find comfort in my new home". Grimfara has a home, but his fear is that he will never truly be accepted and find comfort there. Does that seem like it would fit?
Old Apr 24th, 2020, 12:02 PM
Destroyer of Dreams

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1602
Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar
If I could do a tailored Despair, it would read something like:
"No town, no matter how large and how populous, is safe from the Enemy." (In reference to Smaug's firing of Lake-town.)

And if I could do a tailored Hope, it would read like the line from my application:
"I enjoy discovering new paths and secret places, and take great delight in the perilous beauty to be found in the wilderness."
Old Apr 24th, 2020, 12:03 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
@Touketsu Sheet looks good. Thanks.

@Avner Just need an insight roll when you can.

Once Avner makes the insight roll I will throw the post up (No pressure, just happens to be the last agenda item)
Old Apr 24th, 2020, 12:06 PM
Peace was never an option

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 29422
Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner
... so I'm off to a good start. Rolled a 3.
Old Apr 24th, 2020, 12:29 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
Alrighty, game thread is open. Have at it.
Old Apr 24th, 2020, 12:37 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
Just wanted to make four points:
1) It might seem obvious, but every hex on the map is 5' of movement, regardless of direction. Flanking still applies as normal (Except now there are more spaces to flank an opponent)
2) Roll20 forces snap to grid and always snaps to grid on a square grid, which we are not using. The solution is to hold down -alt when moving your character. That will disable snapping for that move.
3)Once you join the game, I will be able to assign you control of your character. You will not be able to move it until then
4)If your Roll20 name is different that your RPGX name, please let me know what it is so I can assign the correct character

Last edited by Silent Rain; Apr 24th, 2020 at 12:39 PM.
Old Apr 24th, 2020, 12:54 PM
Peace was never an option

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 29422
Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner
Silent Rain you should be able to adjust your map to Hex grid in the settings. On the settings in the page toolbar for that map go to Grid Enabled and Type Hex (V) or Hex (H). From what I can tell it should snap it to the Hex instead of the square then. Of course you might have to play around with lining it up.
Old Apr 24th, 2020, 01:10 PM
Destroyer of Dreams

Tools
User Statistics
Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Rain View Post
Just wanted to make four points:
3)Once you join the game, I will be able to assign you control of your character. You will not be able to move it until then
4)If your Roll20 name is different that your RPGX name, please let me know what it is so I can assign the correct character
I'm a bit lost, sorry.

When I access the map in Roll20, it displays my IRL name, not my profile name. I have no idea why this is the case. I've tried to fix it through My Account, but to no avail (it accepts the change of profile name, but when I go back to the map it still displays my IRL name). I've tried clearing my caches, and it hasn't fixed things.

And, for obvious reasons, I don't really want to game using my IRL name.

Also, do you want us to create a post here? That's really what I thought we'd be doing, and perhaps just viewing battlemaps on an external website because it was easier for you to create the maps there.

Last edited by Telcontar; Apr 24th, 2020 at 01:14 PM.
Old Apr 24th, 2020, 01:20 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
When you log into the game in Roll20, there is a gear at the top right of the screen. The first option is where you define your display name. This is what is displayed to everyone else.

Yes, all game posts are made here. We are just using Roll20 for the battlemap.
Old Apr 24th, 2020, 01:27 PM
Destroyer of Dreams

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
When you log into the game in Roll20, there is a gear at the top right of the screen. The first option is where you define your display name. This is what is displayed to everyone else.
Yes, that displays Telcontar. And when I access the front page of your game, everything is displayed as Telcontar. When I enter the battle-map, however, Roll20 inexplicably displays my IRL name instead. I actually don't know where Roll20 is getting that information from. My account name is Tel Contar, my display name is Telcontar. Obviously I supplied my IRL name when I first created my account, but it is not currently displayed or stored anywhere in the My Account page.

Last edited by Telcontar; Apr 24th, 2020 at 01:33 PM.
Old Apr 24th, 2020, 02:26 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 812
Helvorix Helvorix Helvorix Helvorix Helvorix Helvorix Helvorix
@telcontar That's really strange, Your profile seems to be displaying your nickname, but when you enter the game, it displays your real name and you don't even have your real name listed? I've never even heard of this problem. I'm gonna see if I can find a solution, just gonna be a tick.

What happens when you create a brand new game of your own?

Last edited by Helvorix; Apr 24th, 2020 at 02:33 PM.
Old Apr 24th, 2020, 02:42 PM
Dice are now Fate Cubes

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7373
Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen
Quote:
The perhaps a simple tweak to the one that Avner is using: "I shall never find comfort in my new home". Grimfara has a home, but his fear is that he will never truly be accepted and find comfort there. Does that seem like it would fit?
It think this will be perfect if you allow it!

Quote:
2) Roll20 forces snap to grid and always snaps to grid on a square grid, which we are not using. The solution is to hold down -alt when moving your character. That will disable snapping for that move.
There is also a way to completely remove the snap to lock system if you would rather have more freedom. That is what I did to Rappan because I couldn't get the map to line up the way I wanted.
Old Apr 24th, 2020, 03:01 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
@telcontar Just want to make sure you are looking at the correct gear. There is one outside of the game and one inside as well. The one I am referring to is inside the battlemap itself at the top right.

Once you click that, you should see a menu appear that asks for a display name
Old Apr 24th, 2020, 03:02 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7917
Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir
@SilentRain: How do we post/act in the surprise and subsequent rounds? 1) Post according to initiative, 2) first post, first act or 3) all those PCs with an initiative higher than the NPCs first, then the NPCs, then the rest of the group?

Since one can use either dexterity or wisdom when rolling for initiative, shouldn‘t Nolmendil’s modifier be +3?

I absolutely love the party stats by the way!
Old Apr 24th, 2020, 03:19 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 812
Helvorix Helvorix Helvorix Helvorix Helvorix Helvorix Helvorix
@Silent Rain That party stats reference sheet is pretty nifty. If you update it to reflect peoples wisdom initiative, can you also change my wisdom and intelligence bonus's for saves around? It should be wis+2 and int+1.

Last edited by Helvorix; Apr 24th, 2020 at 03:52 PM.