OOC Amphitheatron Macedora: Lothorne OOC - Page 6 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > Secrets of Ehusilu > Valon Waterscale
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 10-14-2019, 11:57 PM
Hail To Hoots!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1399
Crocartes Crocartes Crocartes Crocartes Crocartes Crocartes Crocartes Crocartes Crocartes Crocartes
Silver,

I will get a map uploaded tomorrow night! I've been ridiculously busy still (Just gotta survive this week), but I should be able to get it finished on my lunch break tomorrow.

Sorry to hear that things have been really busy on your end as well. I guess when it rains it pouts huh? As for distance from Valon's position to the stairs, let's say 25 feet. I imagine the room is about 20-25 foot across in the other direction as well, before it starts to thin out.

"I am the everlasting splendor --- builder of mighty wonders"
Old 10-15-2019, 11:29 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1930
silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers
Thank you for the information on the room.

Ugh! Yes, when it rains it pours for sure. It has continued into this week as well. A normal day turned into 2.5 hours of overtime. We're still short handed as one coworker is now on her honeymoon after getting married this last weekend. And all my free time this week is quickly being eaten up by social events(which is great since I don't go out much with my friends but we're planning on doing things all at once. We're so funny that we can go months without doing things as a group and then have a flurry of two or three things back to back). I hope work settles down as I am just needing my evenings back so I can unwind. Hard to do when you spend 12+ hours at work, go home do basic functions, sleep for the majority of your time off and then have to drag you butt back to work which you barely left less than 12 hours earlier.

Apologize for the short ramble about work. It has just been a long week not having enough hands to get things done and it won't stop until next week when our newlywed returns.
Tower graduate #820
Old 10-18-2019, 09:57 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers
Oh well, that did not go as planned. natural 1 on that athletics check to sprint across the room.
Tower graduate #820
Old 10-24-2019, 11:04 PM
Hail To Hoots!

Tools
User Statistics
Crocartes Crocartes Crocartes Crocartes Crocartes Crocartes Crocartes Crocartes Crocartes Crocartes
Howdy Silver, sorry for the extended absence again. Things just keep getting more and more ridiculous... I didn't have the last two weekends free at all, and have been having to spend all of my time trying to juggle stuff. I am still here, as promised, and will be free, able, and excited to post on Saturday night. Also, I'll get you that room map for you to have with your next post. I went to draw it up Saturday night and realized that you'd already posted and felt like a dunce.

Old 11-02-2019, 03:37 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
No worries Cro,

I have been busy going through a job application and putting a counter off into a potential new job. But it depends on what they reply back with for the counter argument I made of pay. We will see what becomes of that. I hope you had some time to enjoy your weekend and Halloween. Last weekend was a bit busy for me having gone out with friends three nights in a row for a Halloween symphony concert, a musicial and then a movie. Reminds me why I am an introvert, three nights out was a little draining.

Plus my dog was diagnosed as hypothyroid this week too. So I have had to be careful leaving her at home as she's is eating EVERYTHING. She has so far eaten/destroyed a bag of dog food, the container that holds cat food, my insulated lunch bag, my canvas tote bag, my purse(Didn't destroy it thank goodness only rooted through and pulled everything out) and my leather riding boots. I can't even leave he confined to a single room (that's how she got my boots) so we are going all the way back to crate confinement while I am not home. Thankfully we started her on medications this weekend and that should start kicking in over the next week or so.

Anyway back to game related matters; I tried to not do too much this time as I wanted Reinbar's reaction to Valon. I also wanted to see if he could relight the lamp and pull his sword free. Good thing I didn't have Valon try to dash over to the vine covered wall and use it for cover like I was originally planning. That could have ended poorly...
Tower graduate #820
Old 11-11-2019, 06:13 PM
Hail To Hoots!

Tools
User Statistics
Hello Silver, I hope things are going well (and wish you the best of luck on that application).

Apologies for that period of absence. I ended up having a bunch of stuff go down all at once (in addition to the laptop I had going out on me - hence I couldn't post last Saturday), but I've managed to not only get caught up but get a bit ahead. I've recooperated and am ready to get rolling.

Also, I'm sorry to hear about your dog. I know how hard it is to deal with those types of issues from experience (part of my absence was actually due to my eldest dog's own issues), and I sincerely hope that everything is well on that front.

I am aiming to have a post for you put up by tomorrow night. This will also include an updated map for the region (it should be a lot more legible I hope), that will be digital art rather than handdrawn. I'm really excited to get that to you, once it's finished!

----

As for roleplay business, that was quite a nice post! I got a very hectic impression from it, which I think fits the situation well. Sorry if the human's dialogue may have been confusing. I apparently failed to adequately proofread that and it seemed a bit inconsistent to me, I'll try to fix that in the future.

I think that for this part you wouldn't necessarily need a roll until after my next post, so we'll still be in the same round. I quite like how Valon handled this, and it will be addressed in my post.

Old 11-16-2019, 02:43 AM
Hail To Hoots!

Tools
User Statistics
Quick update: Post is up. You've been awarded a +2 bonus on this next skill challenge roll for quick thinking.

Also, I've gotten a new digital version of the regional map up in full color! I'd definitely reccomend checking it out and seeing if it makes things a bit more clear as to what Lothorne is like climate and geography wise.

Old 11-16-2019, 10:18 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
That new map is so awesome. Thank you. I will get a post up tomorrow.
EDIT: Well that's a much better roll. Valon will pull Reinbar free of the Koppos if the vines loosen.
Tower graduate #820

Last edited by silverfeathers; 11-17-2019 at 03:36 PM.
Old 11-27-2019, 11:13 PM
Hail To Hoots!

Tools
User Statistics
Ah, wonderful. Glad you like it!

Yes, I'm loving that higher roll. I'm very much so am rooting for Valon on this. I'd like him to get the victory Nd the resulting XP and reward.

I am visiting the family for Thanksgiving, so I should be able to get a post up in the next day or two. The semester will be ending soon, and I've managed to set up my next semester so that my only 3 classes are "time to work on thesis" and two small art classes! The constant struggle to be caught up should very much so be a thing of the past.

I hope that if you celebrate any holidays around this time that you get to relax and enjoy it!

Old 11-28-2019, 03:57 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
I am not hosting Thanksgiving this year (I've hosted the last two years) but I am also not traveling for it either. I am going to enjoy my long weekend doing what I want (baking, spending time with my friends that are in town and catching up on some TV shows).

I always enjoy reading and waiting for your posts. They are always worth it so I never feel like it is bad thing, knowing that you are busy with school. I hope next semester goes well now that you have some dedicated time to work on your thesis.
Tower graduate #820
Old 12-17-2019, 04:27 AM
Hail To Hoots!

Tools
User Statistics
Hello Silver, I really apologize once more for the massive delay. I don't want to sit here and vent and unload all the details onto you (oh man. Has this been a nonstop train ride to hell), but I do want to touch base.

I still am not planning on going anywhere, and things are finally looking up. I've finished with the semester, but I've had to no-life the lab to finish things up every day since then.

Tomorrow will be my first non-lab day, but I have 2 very important meetings. Theres a couple more things I will need to take care of to finish out the week, but I should have the time to come back here and start getting caught back up.

Once I'm caught back up, I will endeavor to not let this happen again, as I'm honestly very frustrated with how these last couple months have turned out. In a weeks time I should be able to have a normal life, and normal RPGX time again.

I hope you've been doing well and that work has been less stressful in the meantime.

Last edited by Crocartes; 12-17-2019 at 04:35 AM.
Old 12-31-2019, 12:32 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Happy New Year Crocartes.

December has been busy to say the least. I have been pet sitting for two and a half week, gone last week to visit family and on top of all that, a cough that I've had for a couple months got worse with the cold. Turns out the cough is actually asthma. After starting medications I am feeling better but still not allowed to exercise excessively until the middle of January.

I hope all of your thesis stuff gets settled and that you had/have a good holiday season with your family and loved ones.
Tower graduate #820