RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Aug 7th, 2020, 10:45 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4647
Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil
Whew! Last post done, a bit less of a monster than the other four. Give the judges a bit of relief. Anyone else feel like they had to write more this week? I definitely felt like my posts had much more of a beginning, middle, and end this week, since we can't rely on each other or the DM to fill in the gaps. I must say, I enjoyed writing (essentially) short stories rather than worrying about fitting my posts into a larger narrative.
Old Aug 7th, 2020, 11:58 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16056
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool
Using Edge to Edge an Edge roll.... My brain just broke, Blackfyre.
Old Aug 7th, 2020, 12:11 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 38131
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Edge-ception!

Community Supporters, it's time to do your civic duty! ;)
Old Aug 7th, 2020, 12:11 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17085
Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre
Phew, that's that. I gotta say, this week was the most fun yet. I really liked this format with the self-chosen challenges! (Though that doesn't change the fact that I'm no happy to have - at the very least - a week off from writing short books each day.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UngainlyFool View Post
Using Edge to Edge an Edge roll.... My brain just broke, Blackfyre.
Hehe! Thanks!
Just hope I don't rue this if I should make it to the next round.
Old Aug 7th, 2020, 12:18 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool
Bird in the hand, and all that. Go out swinging!
Old Aug 7th, 2020, 12:21 PM
Distanced, Socially

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18402
DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina
If it makes you feel better, I had to burn 2 edge in round 1 just to stay relevant, and the last edge was completely wasted in round 2 because in the end I still failed the test.
Old Aug 7th, 2020, 01:19 PM
Here to help

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22242
Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry
This week was a lot rougher than I was expecting. Lady Luck just was not with me for these rolls either it seemed haha.
Old Aug 7th, 2020, 01:48 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4647
Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retry View Post
This week was a lot rougher than I was expecting. Lady Luck just was not with me for these rolls either it seemed haha.
Wowee! I'm always happy to help turn a natural 1 into... Something else. Since I didn't have to use Lucky (Halfling), I'd even say that Rudy's luck quite literally rubbed off onto Gary! If that's not a cinematic ending, I don't know what is
Old Aug 7th, 2020, 04:28 PM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18245
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
Just tallied up my hits, and even with a lost round I still get almost nine hits per post (averaged over all five), which is surprisingly high. I haven't looked at the other participant's rolls to closely, but I'm satisfied with what I did in terms of mechanics either way. Could have been worse.

Now I could have followed the rules more closely and I'd have even more hits, but that ship has sailed.
Old Aug 7th, 2020, 04:48 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Wheew! All done. It was fun getting to really dig into the fewer players posts. You all did great!

I knew which skills I was going to try but really had no idea what the test was going to look like until that posting day. Guess that's why I'm a forever player and not a GM!

If I go out on dice, well, that's the best way to go, imo. Sometimes it rolls your way and sometimes it doesn't and you gotta be okay with that.

Thanks for the week, chummers, and congratulations for making it through with your sanity to both the players and Imveros! The judges for each day were inspired, Imveros, and I'm glad you could dig deeper into your GM posts with the fewer players too.

Last edited by UngainlyFool; Aug 7th, 2020 at 05:01 PM.
Old Aug 7th, 2020, 05:28 PM
Playin' Dungas and Dragos

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19301
pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90
Seems like everyone thoroughly enjoyed this round!

I know I certainly did and if there is one thing I have picked up from the week, its that I now have over a dozen new challenges I can throw at my own players at any time. What a great idea to have us all come up with the challenges ourselves!

It may have turned each of my posts into a novella, and for that I apologize to the judges who have to trawl through so much writing, but I loved the chance to get this far. Good luck to all those who make it through to the end!

Have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Settling into a work pattern. Mid-week is busy, close to weekends, clear for posting
Old Aug 8th, 2020, 01:29 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17085
Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre
I'm really looking forward to reading the DnD side of things.
Old Aug 8th, 2020, 04:25 AM
Windrunner

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10304
Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy
Hello Outplayas! Your friendly neighborhood podcaster here hoping one or two of you from each system might be interested in sharing your experiences on the podcast, either by a written statement, a prerecorded bit, or possibly a live chat with KM or myself. Shoot me a PM if you are interested at all and let me know which version you’d be willing to do. If you are interested in a live chat send along your general availability (and timezone) with your message.

Thanks for your time!
Old Aug 8th, 2020, 05:28 AM
Descent Gaming Bradenton

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1891
TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scimmy View Post
Hello Outplayas! Your friendly neighborhood podcaster here hoping one or two of you from each system might be interested in sharing your experiences on the podcast, either by a written statement, a prerecorded bit, or possibly a live chat with KM or myself. Shoot me a PM if you are interested at all and let me know which version you’d be willing to do. If you are interested in a live chat send along your general availability (and timezone) with your message.

Thanks for your time!

So, tonight I hit my first podcast. I will listen to some more. My only difficulty is navigating through when I miss something, it isn't easy to go back just 10 seconds at a time. It's usually about a minute. Thanks for the work you and KingMonkey do on them.
Old Aug 8th, 2020, 10:19 AM
Literal Worm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5920
Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon
OK, I may have spread my XP to early reading the dnd thread. Gang, each post just got better and better!! Great work everyone!!