Go Back   RPG Crossing > Discussions > General Discussion
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 07-18-2012, 01:12 AM
Arrow to the face!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3977
lizard42069 lizard42069 lizard42069 lizard42069 lizard42069 lizard42069 lizard42069 lizard42069 lizard42069 lizard42069 lizard42069

right-aligned image
I went ahead and pieced together Lilly as an initial concept here. As you can see the jaw has been reduced and is much more sublet now. Skin texture has been lightened, I edged the color just a bit to an extreme, but can be taken back towards the original a shade or two if it got too pallid.
The horns have been adapted as well, they're now stubby little things with a spiraled woven edge. I really tried to get a concave effect on the tips, but couldn't find a way to do that. If the "crater" effect is what you're looking for I can try one or two other non-standard methods to see if I can pull it off.
Of course The tattoo has been added, open to input there. I've worked with these wings before, they should do fine. I've got other tails I can try, or remove the tail entirely. (I don't recall that you stipulated a tail being present).
Clothing, is that about how you're describing as simple? Those are designed to be a more modern style, but I can try some dated styles if that's too far from the genera.
Please note her figure and measurements, and tell me if anything can be adjusted in any way.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:55 AM
Arrow to the face!

Tools
User Statistics
lizard42069 lizard42069 lizard42069 lizard42069 lizard42069 lizard42069 lizard42069 lizard42069 lizard42069 lizard42069 lizard42069
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoLT View Post
A bit about the relationship dynamic, and I would definitely suggest Dauph had input here, i would say William definitely loves her, but not a way a woman generally wants (though he does his level best to make it up to her as much as he knows how)... he's gone for extended periods, over focussed on his work "for the good of humanity and future generations" and has various personality quirks, but also lots of exceptional things about him that manage to keep him attractive, but more so than anything keeping that connection fresh is difficult for him because he's generally exhausted from his duties, always pushing himself further than he should to do more (not to mention his cosmic level mindset tends to make him have less joy in the mundane and simple).
This just reminds me so much of a plot in The Venture Bros.

Dr. Orphius: Yes, of course I was busy. (gallantly) I WAS SAVING THE WORLD FROM A SACRED PERIL!!
Omnipotent Master: Woopty doo, and your precious free time was spent like Mr. Rogers in a cape. She left you because you're a woosie!

Last edited by lizard42069; 07-18-2012 at 01:55 AM.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:34 AM
Outer Deity
Newsletter Staff

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3171
WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT
Go team Venture!

In a way there are parallels to Dr. Orpheus though the world itself is gritty and dark-ish so it lends itself much more to that kind of character being viable where in a comedy series they are simply a farce.

The updated stuff for Lily is pretty awesome...

Also FYI, I didn't mention before but the glowy stuff on Tish is indeed a Teal-ish light as pictured in the sample.

Last edited by WoLT; 07-18-2012 at 05:38 AM.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:30 AM
The Squirrel Lich Queen

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 131
dauphinous dauphinous
It's looking good so far, impressive.

No tail.

The horns are good like that shapewise, though they could maybe be a little shorter _ when she was younger and had long hair, she used to arrange the hair over the horns, which effectively hid them under cursory inspection (but nothing more critical than that). I wasn't looking for actual craters, though, just the basic shape. Move them just a smidge closer together, so they're more on the front of her head, instead of the sides. Try centering them over the far corner of each eye (meaning the corner farthest from the nose).

Clothing is too modern, yes, and she'd wear boots without heels if you can manage that, or a low heel if you can't. Sleeves would be preferable, 3/4 ideal, but long or short are both fine. Really, the pants are fine, it's just the top that makes it look off.

The wings should be dark brown/black instead of red/black.

It's gone a little too pale now, yeah. Maybe a shade darker? The face shape looks good to me.

Not especially keen on that particular tattoo, I'm still looking for something, and asked the GM if he wanted to offer any input. I'll try to find something before I leave for vacation tomorrow.

Edit: I'm kinda partial to the one I attached to this post, including the colors.
Attached Images

Last edited by dauphinous; 07-18-2012 at 01:48 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:46 PM
Outer Deity
Newsletter Staff

Tools
User Statistics
couple of things for tish: This would be a stole:

(the red thing)

I am not sure if you got that confused with the waist wrap you have for him... If you were going to drop emblems on it they would be towards the bottom of it and be the dragon yin yang... I can try and clean that up some if you like, but I can't make promises because that pic is pretty thoroughly beat.

The dragon emblem on the back would deffinitely need to go, it's wayyy too identifying from the rear, and Tish has to dodge assassins with some regularity. He has a lot of people that want specifically him dead, shadow governments and such.

The other thing that threw me off was the exposed chest... I don't think he'd be the type to show off his chest much being that he's pretty small.

Also there should be a brooch in there somewhere, doesn't need to be large of obvious, it's a piece of gear I almost forgot about that he rarely uses but it does have an important function *(it enhances his magic, making his spells more potent).

Last edited by WoLT; 07-18-2012 at 02:49 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:50 PM
Arrow to the face!

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoLT View Post
Also there should be a brooch in there somewhere, doesn't need to be large of obvious, it's a piece of gear I almost forgot about that he rarely uses but it does have an important function *(it enhances his magic, making his spells more potent).
What's it look like?

Last edited by lizard42069; 07-18-2012 at 02:52 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:28 PM
Killing PC's Since 2005

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 28166
Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig
Art Request

Lizard, I have a simple one for you...Few requirements so you can be as creative as you wish:

Female Human, Cute but not drop dead gorgeous. Height/weight proportioned. longish red hair, any color eyes you want. Any face you want. Some sort of robe or cape for clothing, again any style you like.

Thank's..Have fun with it.

DiG
Old 07-18-2012, 06:04 PM
Outer Deity
Newsletter Staff

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizard42069 View Post
What's it look like?
It's a Gemmed brooch, not much info was given about it. It would probably be near the cloak mantle area. I wasn't given too many specifics on the appearance. I assume your artistic discression is probably in order. I doubt it's anything too flamboyant.

Last edited by WoLT; 07-18-2012 at 06:05 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:19 PM
Arrow to the face!

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digorig View Post
Lizard, I have a simple one for you...Few requirements so you can be as creative as you wish:

Female Human, Cute but not drop dead gorgeous. Height/weight proportioned. longish red hair, any color eyes you want. Any face you want. Some sort of robe or cape for clothing, again any style you like.

Thank's..Have fun with it.

DiG
What relative historical era?
Old 07-18-2012, 11:40 PM
Outer Deity
Newsletter Staff

Tools
User Statistics
Just throwing this out there, I'm surprised this thread wasn't completely overrun with requests in the first 24 hours given the exceptional samples shown in the OP. Seems really strange to me for some reason
Old 07-18-2012, 11:41 PM
Outer Deity
Newsletter Staff

Tools
User Statistics
Wrong thread, my bad.

Last edited by WoLT; 07-18-2012 at 11:41 PM.
Old 07-19-2012, 01:24 AM
Da Hype

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1871
William Imm William Imm William Imm William Imm William Imm William Imm William Imm William Imm William Imm William Imm William Imm
I would be interested in your services. Since I want a nice custom portrait for my charcater in A Soul's Last Breath, I may as well enlist your services.

The character is Varis Huntininghawk, and this is his sheet. I know it's a little vague, but if you need clarification, PM me and I'll fill in the blanks.
Old 07-19-2012, 01:45 AM
Arrow to the face!

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Imm View Post
I would be interested in your services. Since I want a nice custom portrait for my charcater in A Soul's Last Breath, I may as well enlist your services.

The character is Varis Huntininghawk, and this is his sheet. I know it's a little vague, but if you need clarification, PM me and I'll fill in the blanks.
If you like I can go ahead and emulate the 'close enough' pic there and customize his physique according to your written description. This should be a pretty quick render, if you could locate a Corellon symbol which you like (for the tattoo), and pick a sword from my armory it should go pretty quickly.

Last edited by lizard42069; 07-19-2012 at 01:46 AM.
Old 07-19-2012, 01:58 AM
Da Hype

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1871
William Imm William Imm William Imm William Imm William Imm William Imm William Imm William Imm William Imm William Imm William Imm
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizard42069 View Post
If you like I can go ahead and emulate the 'close enough' pic there and customize his physique according to your written description. This should be a pretty quick render, if you could locate a Corellon symbol which you like (for the tattoo), and pick a sword from my armory it should go pretty quickly.
Here's the Corellon symbol that I would like to use - from the FR wiki, public domain, and is SVG, so it will look good no matter what size.

I would like to use this sword - Varis wields a longsword (for now)

He will eventually switch to a fullblade, and so I would also like to see a version with one.

Last edited by William Imm; 07-19-2012 at 01:59 AM.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:54 AM
Chaos Bacon Whale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11731
AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar
Ooh, Do Want. I've struggled to find a picture that captures my favorite character and, while I've come close, the ones I've found are just off enough to keep me searching.

Full 'oh god is he still talking?' bio here, but I'll copy-pasta the important bits.

Seven(Jozin Karadon), a Revenant(short version: living zombie) Warrior with shadow-based weaponry.
Description: Seven stands fairly tall at an even 6 feet, though the imposing frame he once possessed has withered away. His hair, kept short and orderly in life, has grown to over a foot in length and lost all color. Oddly it grows no longer than this, and attempts to trim it are futile as it returns to it's preferred length within a few days time. His skin and eyes also bear the mark of his Return, both fading to a pale white.
Description(wardrobe): The mysterious figure wears dark leather armor over thick cloth, long sleeves ending in leather gloves fastened on with buckles over his wrists. Despite the layers you can tell he has a very thin build.
Notes: His skin is not decayed or broken, just grey and lifeless. While thin he is not bony. He has a dry sense of humor about his 'life' so a smirk would probably fit pretty well.

This is the closest picture I've found. The biggest problem with this one is actually wardrobe. The person is pretty much spot-on(and in fact influenced a couple aspects of Seven's current incarnation, such as the long hair and white eyes) but I'm not about to go fighting the hordes of evil with just a pair of pants for protection no matter how spikey and buckled they are.

For wardrobe it's alot closer to the following. In particular the arms are spot-on for the 'thick cloth and gloves fastened on with buckles'. The armor would instead be leather. I even made an attempt to convert the armor to make this picture into his final image but it just didn't look quite right to me(for one those shoulder plates are horrible). Included the edit alongside the original for reference.

His weapons are literally forged from shadows, looking like standard weapons(usually a standard longsword) and chains made from dull black metal. If it's possible I'd love for him to be holding a sword(Sword 1_4 looks good) in his right hand and a chain wrapped around his left arm and dangling down.

Final detail. On his chest he has a badge from his previous life as a Paladin.