twitter facebook

Notices

Old 04-16-2019, 04:16 AM
Ö́̎̑͛͌̉ͧ̓̍͒ͧͮ̎̈́̌̈ͪ̚r͂̍ ̂̅c

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1947
Pruney Pruney Pruney Pruney Pruney Pruney Pruney Pruney Pruney Pruney Pruney
I am really wanting to run my own Shadowrun game but I can't find a game that lasts long enough for me to learn the rules!

I've tried DMing off my own back but it went down the drain pretty quickly, sadly without people running games no one will learn how to play, a vicious cycle!
Old 04-16-2019, 05:43 AM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12374
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruney View Post
without people running games no one will learn how to play, a vicious cycle!
There is a game currently recruiting that, while it has a different vibe to it could be used to learn the rules. It's still open for another week.

I'll be recruiting for a game next month as well, probably more towards the end of the month though.
Old 04-16-2019, 09:49 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 27707
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
@Pruney

Thankfully, Shadowrun has stabilized quite a bit in your absence. My game has been going for over 15 months now and Raizen's just passed the year mark! Not to mention the four other games going just as strong. I second the call for throwing you hat in the ring for the aliens game

In other news, if you have a good story then go with it! The beauty of PbP is that you have plenty of time to research rules. I won't go as far as to say I'll Co-GM, but I will gladly help you and all your players with the rules should you choose to run a game. Just shoot me PMs, I'm on here all the dang time and if I don't know the answers I know where to find them!
Old 04-16-2019, 06:28 PM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9699
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
As someone who has pestered Imveros with the occasional PM, I will say he is an excellent source of information

"Play HAVOC! And Let Lose the Dogs of WAR!"

DMing: An Untimely EncounterSun - Fri: NORMAL / Fri & Sat: UNAVAILABLE
Old 04-27-2019, 10:16 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1211
Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku
Hello Chummers! New to RPG Crossing, but played Shadowrun 5e and love it. Finding a Shadowrun campaign online is like finding a needle in a haystack, but was surprised to find 10 going on on this site. One thing I like about Shadowrun (and think emphasizes more than most rpg) is that everyone in the group has a specific role to play to make the job work and how each role is dependent on the other working just as well. Like I’ve played a rigger on a team with no decker. The second a decker started messing with my drones, I was like “Drek, Drek, Drek!”. Luckily we were in a jungle where it was only one grid and the decker’s position was quickly identified. I then dropped 3 HE grenades on his head before he completely bricked my drones.
Old 05-01-2019, 03:57 AM
???%

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15528
AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli
In case the news hasn't reached you yet, Shadowrun has its 6th edition announced, although I suspect that SR5 will have a pretty robust shelf life past its release.
Old 05-01-2019, 04:34 AM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
I guess it was getting time, though I had not exactly been holding my breath for it. There are a few rules that could do with improvement though, let's say simplification. As always I will lament the fact that we are back to square one in terms of character options and variety.

I wish there was a transcript of this announcement though, since I don't really have the time today to listen to an hour of it. I can't find anything anywhere about what the estimated release time is, or what can already be said about content.
Old 05-01-2019, 05:19 AM
???%

Tools
User Statistics
AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli
Estimated release of the core rule book is August, with the quick start rules releasing some time in June. They are streamlining a lot of things, some of which (personally) worries me a little bit, but we'll see!

Maybe this time, Technomancers won't get utterly hosed in the core book. Crossed fingers and all that.
Old 05-01-2019, 09:45 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
I have no plans to move any time soon, but if they actually edit/playtest it, and maintain the website, they'll have a leg up on 5e. The 5e site still says Run Faster is the newest book dropping soon...

I love me some Shadowrun, but she's a harsh mistress. That 5e core book is a 500p train wreck ~_~

Hopefully the newly streamlined rules will bring more people into the shadows
Old 05-01-2019, 10:00 AM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20760
wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeEli View Post
Estimated release of the core rule book is August, with the quick start rules releasing some time in June.
Same time as Paizo's PF2 release, huh?

Well that's certainly a... choice.
Old 05-01-2019, 10:11 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Catalyst just wants it to line up with Origins and with GenCon, their two biggest cons of the year.

Presumably two of the biggest for Paizo as well
Old 05-01-2019, 10:23 AM
???%

Tools
User Statistics
Yeah, but without all the hype, playtest feedback, and playerbase trust. What could go wrong!
Old 05-01-2019, 10:36 AM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
Well, I can see how they want to absolutely get it out this year, what with it being the 30th anniversary, but August seems like very very soon. While I am mostly interested in content I sure hope they don't botch it so much marketing and timing wise that the financial viability suffers - that's never good for future publications.

But anyway - I'll be running my stuff in 5e until I feel like there is enough material out in 6e to port it over. That's unless there are some inherent issues with the changes in the rules.

Last edited by Phettberg; 05-01-2019 at 10:36 AM.
Old 05-02-2019, 03:07 AM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9699
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
While I'll not jump right away into 6e, I'll give it a shot. I still feel on shaky ground with the 5e core rules, so I won't jump into DMing a 6e Shadowrun game right off.

"Play HAVOC! And Let Lose the Dogs of WAR!"

DMing: An Untimely EncounterSun - Fri: NORMAL / Fri & Sat: UNAVAILABLE
Old 05-03-2019, 06:35 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8325
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phettberg View Post
Well, I can see how they want to absolutely get it out this year, what with it being the 30th anniversary
I've been playing this game mostly off and on for 30 years?

Lawds.