Go Back   RPG Crossing > Discussions > General Discussion
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 03-16-2020, 08:58 PM
Salted, not sweetened.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2524
Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow
Well, verdict's in:
I'm advised after monday (dunno if they mean this or next monday) to Shield (polite way of saying hermitage/quarantine) myself for 12 weeks because I'm an at-risk person.

I'm on tindr looking for a quarantine buddy as we speak.
Old 03-16-2020, 09:22 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 27657
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Work has been absolute hell on wheels the last week. I work retail support and I've been called from my office to the front lines since last Saturday. Happily all the register codes are still kicking around, but Friday was the busiest day I've ever worked in my 15 years with the company.

Sales at my home store were up 70% last week...

Also, my weekly real life game just went on hiatus indefinitely :'(

We were just about to start dragon hiest after just having finished Betrayal Legacy.
Old 03-17-2020, 07:00 AM
Next year is Tampa!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 64350
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmallow View Post
Well, verdict's in:
I'm advised after monday (dunno if they mean this or next monday) to Shield (polite way of saying hermitage/quarantine) myself for 12 weeks because I'm an at-risk person.

I'm on tindr looking for a quarantine buddy as we speak.
well, no way that could turn out bad, eh?
Old 03-17-2020, 09:07 AM
Creature of the Deep

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6180
Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imveros View Post
We were just about to start dragon hiest after just having finished Betrayal Legacy.
Absolutely Shameless Plug: If only there was another way to play Waterdeep: Dragon Heist right now.

In all seriousness, it's interesting to hear that some people are busier right now. My city is more or less on lockdown, with gatherings of 25+ restricted. Restaurants are only open for takeout and delivery. I literally walked by the open space smoothie shop outside my gym and they had taped "No Sitting" signs on all couches.

I'm a personal trainer. Our gym is shut down. I've gone from 30 hours of direct facetime with clients to 0, and am currently spinning up an online offering. Even so, I've got a whole boatload more free time than I had before.

Filling it with backlogged work, a new business venture, and a whole lot of RPGX.
Old 03-17-2020, 09:29 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Thanks for the subtle hint Nas, I appreciate the hustle.

I have to wait for work to settle before I can even handle what's already on my plate.

Just double-checking, it's a good idea to work 50+ hours, in a stressful situation, surrounded by literally 1000+ people right now, right? X_X
Old 03-17-2020, 10:03 AM
A bird,a plan-Nalpadriba!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1382
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
Happy St. Patrick's Quarantine to everyone!
And Happy St. Patrick Mahomes' Day to Admin Dirk!

How's everyone "celebrating" it?
Old 03-17-2020, 11:32 AM
Next year is Tampa!

Tools
User Statistics
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
I have a day off work (long scheduled vacation day), and my wife and I went to an almost deserted state park, to bird watch and see a manatee.

This afternoon, I am doing some woodworking in my shop, and not listening to my phone blow up because MSHA inspectors showed up at the plant today, for an inspection.

And Celebrating St. Patrick Mahomes day.
Old 03-17-2020, 02:28 PM
Salted, not sweetened.

Tools
User Statistics
Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin Dirk View Post
well, no way that could turn out bad, eh?
You've never been on tindr before, have you?
Old 03-17-2020, 02:35 PM
Of the Fartnocker Clan

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 37236
Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak
Dirk is so old he thinks tindr is what you use to start a fire.
Old 03-17-2020, 02:38 PM
Salted, not sweetened.

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeak View Post
So he still thinks bumbl is a bee?
Old 03-17-2020, 03:05 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Don't forget your 10ft pole to establish correct social distancing!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1584470760418.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	83458  
Old 03-17-2020, 03:16 PM
Next year is Tampa!

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeak View Post
In my day, we used Lightning to start a fire, the way the gods intended. None of that new-fangled sticks and tinder. Abominations, heresy.
Old 03-17-2020, 03:35 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1235
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
Santa Cruz county, CA, is under shelter-in-place. All my kids classes have moved online, so we are just hanging around the house, spending more time cooking and playing board games together. Also ... more time to catch up on online chatter.

Unfortunately, my wife's mother has recently been diagnosed with a late stage cancer. My wife will be braving the airports (San Jose, Seattle, Spokane -- the first two COVID19 hotspots) to fly up and care for her mom, shuttle her to treatment & etc, for a while during this crisis, and I'll be taking care of the kids while she's away.

With the stock market down 30% (so far) and business grinding to a halt, and everyone in isolation, this is a tough season to stay cheerful in.

Take care, everyone!
Old 03-17-2020, 07:22 PM
Destroyer of Dreams

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1464
Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar
I just wanted to wish everyone well.

Things are starting to escalate here in Australia. We're starting to get that sharp increase in cases, similar to Italy and U.S.

It's only a matter of time, in my opinion, until the government announces a lockdown. And I'm in a workplace that would probably just close its doors during a lockdown. It's frustrating, but people should remember that these kinds of extreme measures are what seems to have worked to control the virus in east Asia, and that it only needs to be in place for a few weeks for COVID-19 to be reined in.

Last edited by Telcontar; 03-17-2020 at 07:24 PM.
Old 03-17-2020, 07:37 PM
do you smell smoke?

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1859
Zagros Zagros Zagros Zagros Zagros Zagros Zagros Zagros Zagros Zagros Zagros
My employer is slowly grinding toward remote work. We are super conservative so it is very difficult for senior leadership to imagine people working from home and being productive. Supposedly there will be a "big announcement" tomorrow.

In other news, I have a new favorite website for COVID-19 information. It's a research/statistics site, not current news, so as a numbers geek I like it a lot. Our World In Data is a project of the Oxford Martin Programme on Global Development (University of Oxford) and the Global Change Data Lab so yeah, probably reliable. Disease is not a primary focus, but given the global impact, they decided recently it was within scope.

Be kind!