You Know Your Players Are A Pain In The Butt When........ - Page 10 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Discussions > General Discussion
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 12:04 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Talindra
-- When you make an intensive role-playing game and advertise only for players interested in a lot of character interaction, and then one of the PC's ignores others when they are talking to him, decides on a course and goes off on his own, and only answers "Hrmph" when the others are discussing things.

-- When you spend days perfecting a hydra encounter whose CR is at least a few steps above what your PC's should be able to handle, only to have the fighter crit and cleave through about 3 heads in the first round. By round 2, the hydra is dead, and the DM is crying...
Old 12-29-2005, 12:07 PM
Dim Henchmen of Pang!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12964
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talindra
-- When you spend days perfecting a hydra encounter whose CR is at least a few steps above what your PC's should be able to handle, only to have the fighter crit and cleave through about 3 heads in the first round. By round 2, the hydra is dead, and the DM is crying...
I feel your pain...
Old 12-29-2005, 12:18 PM
Resident Mad Scientist

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 44
Dakar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talindra
*Sobs*

I wonder, has that ever *not* happened to a DM?
Old 12-29-2005, 12:28 PM
I am finally back

Tools
User Statistics
theduelist
ME!
My players keep on blowing insult at each others and can't work as a team. the Hydra killed half of them, as well as badly damaging the party's wisard.

Well thats because you're all fury and measure 8 feet in height.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:22 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Heimdall
Sadly... I used up 5 HOURS rolling up the Bid Bad Evil Guy for my RL campaign. He made a big entrance as "Evil masquerading as good," and the first chaotic thing he did, the party shaman casted "Hold Person" on him. I figured, "Ok, the DC is 15, he needs to roll a 5 to save." He rolled a 4. The same thing happened when the mage casted "Sleep." A coup de Grace later and the campaign was over. All because the characters couldn't let him live to repent or just injure him, or something. I was at tears, I just wanted to kill that guy!

-You know your players are a pain when they rely solely on nat 1's from you to win this battle, and actually succeed.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:35 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Wiseman20
Quote:
When you spend days perfecting a hydra encounter whose CR is at least a few steps above what your PC's should be able to handle, only to have the fighter crit and cleave through about 3 heads in the first round. By round 2, the hydra is dead, and the DM is crying...
Aint that the truth. Last session of my RL campaign I had built up a bad ass character to at least put some hurtin on the party, in the middle of a battlefield no less. What happens? Every character bypasses at least 100 men (either through fly, running around flanking, or lightning bolt) and beats him down within 2 rounds.
Old 01-08-2006, 03:08 AM
Spawn of Two Gaming Nerds

Tools
User Statistics
Arishi
This is from my point, as the player. We've screwed up out DM's original story line so much that he's actually bothered, once we've gotten far enough ahead, to point out everything that wasn't -supposed- to happen, and how much stuff he had to change because of what we did.

A few extra dimensional-mirror worlds are created, just in case the players somehow follow through with a ceremony that will distrupt the time continiuum and throw them into this new world, and ruin the planned plot.
..And they do just that.

Have just the right type of raced/classed character on hand to move a mystical item around, that they're not SUPPOSED to move around. Well. Yet.

And then break the mystical item.

They kill a very much NEEDED, plot-wise, evil character. Possibly a boss in the far-...FAR, future. So now the DM has to change around the whole plot, not to include said boss in the future.

Spend two hours sitting around the house doing random things until one of the players finally asks if they're going to start the game. Everyone turns to the player who has refused to stop playing videogames.

The game stops, and everyone refuses to play, until one particular player actually eats his or her slice of pizza, despite claiming not to be hungry.

When the DM throws cursed weapons at the players at different times (found, looted), in hopes of them hitting particular characters, or at least any but one-only to have EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM end up with one particular character. All the time.
Old 01-08-2006, 04:03 AM
She Whispers, Loneliness

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12133
Securis Securis Securis Securis Securis Securis Securis Securis Securis Securis Securis
....when they all ask you to NPC them while they're on holiday. It sort of gives you the feeling your talking to yourself....in that crazy sorta way.
Old 01-08-2006, 10:38 AM
Don't Praise The Machine

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 30
Zargain
When they struggle to survive in a battle against a lower EL encounter in some cases one of them dying in the process but brush asside a BBEG with an EL 2 levels higher with two bodyguards like a fly.
This happened several times...
Old 01-08-2006, 11:50 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Talindra
--When they catch a bad guy integral to the storyline, and are threatening her to make her talk. While she is held motionless, they threaten to kill her if she does not tell them what they want to know. She has not yet cracked, and one of the players decides the others are serious and runs her through, leaving the DM scrambling to find another way to impart the information, and worried that the rest of the party was going to kill said PC in the second session.
Old 01-08-2006, 11:59 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Heimdall
You know your players a pain in the butt when:

-They state everything as a question.

-They see absolutely no problem walking around with their weapons out.

-They somehow have 23 spears in their backpacks.

-They have so much gold that they are in heavy load... and know it.

-They kill your BBEG with a coup de grace after two screwy saves.

-They kill said BBEG NOT EVEN HALF-WAY THROUGH THE CAMPAIGN.
Old 01-11-2006, 02:41 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 422
Zanash Zanash Zanash Zanash Zanash
Quote:
Ok, the DC is 15, he needs to roll a 5 to save." He rolled a 4. The same thing happened when the mage casted "Sleep." A coup de Grace later and the campaign was over. All because the characters couldn't let him live to repent or just injure him, or something. I was at tears, I just wanted to kill that guy!
You were the Dm...did you let them see the character sheet? if not why not boost him up a level for the campains sake?
to a place we have never seen.
Old 01-11-2006, 03:11 PM
Resident Mad Scientist

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 44
Dakar
In some cases I just make sure the BBEG has a clone or a minion that can cast ressurection/true ressurection. This adds an extra leg (kill the cohort) and prevents an accidently death five minutes in.
Old 01-11-2006, 03:17 PM
REVEAL YOUR SECRETS!

Tools
User Statistics
AbuDhabi
The problem here, methinks, is that many people don't realise that when they DM, the rules are merely suggestions. Powerful suggestions, aye, but once you know why a certain rule is there for, feel free to change it.

Also, YKYPAAPITB:

- When they run away from everything that shows ANY, even the weakest, signs of being potentially competent at hurting them. C'mon! Who runs away from a single orc!

- When they insist that Smite Evil should work in a similiar way as Independence Day alien ship main cannons, blast from the skies.
Old 01-22-2006, 07:59 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Paschar
How about: they start playing a video game in the middle of a session/fight, or they make the DM: roll stats and completely fill out they're cs becuase they're too busy playing a video game before session starts.
Closed Thread