You Know Your Players Are A Pain In The Butt When........ - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Discussions > General Discussion
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2004, 07:23 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
DOOM
..They show more interest in fighting each other as opposed to getting through the campaign with their PC's intact.

...They miss critical plot points, even if you have an NPC grab them by the hair and yell it right at them.

...They complain about never finding any treasure, yet fail to even do Search checks after vanquishing a villain.

...They get something that they've really wanted, and five minutes later they are ready to upgrade...
Old 02-12-2004, 05:21 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Shardal
When you say you see a [insert monster] they yell "I'll chop it's head off." even if the said monster is 100 yards/meters away.

Everytime they see someone dressed in black cloack/robe they presume it is evil and needs to be vanguished. And then they try to do it and get killed and than blame you for destroying them with Khelben "Blackstaff" Arunsen intentionaly.

They never allow monsters to surrender, and if they do they just kill them off, and then they claim to be good.

They never surrender or offer draw or retreat and if they end up dead they again blame you for trying to kill them.

Just few random thoughts.
Old 02-23-2004, 01:33 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Naiomi
- When everytime you make a campaign, though they have made characters 10 times, they still ask "Is fortitude con? is will wisodm? is ref Dex?.

-They start makeing jokes during a serious part, mostly Sexual innuendos.

-They play with things while your explaining something and complan that you never said that to them.

-You explain that they have seen a mysterious obed person carryign a glowing staff eyeing them dnagerously..and they say.."weres the blacksmith? i go there"

-They whisper with other characters distracting you. (by the way, i sort of found a way to change this...evertime they do something u dont like u minues experiance..that straightens them out!)

-When you give them a magic item that has some awesome powers, though they havent read it they are sarcasticly sing "Woo hoo" (not all magic items are cool because they do extra damage or something)

-They believe they are more powerful then anyone and can destroy anything u throw at them.

-they roll a fairly good roll and they think they are invisible and silent, to the point where no one can hear/see them...

-at least one of them asks you if YOU have any snacks you can eat...or just get up and walk over to Kithchen and snoops through stuff looking for food.drink...Basterds!

More to come...some time
Damn players...they do fill the urge to play DnD though...
Old 02-24-2004, 07:12 PM
Despaxxus

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP:
one of them misses a session, then complains about something their character did that "wasn't what they would have had him/her do" :x
Old 02-28-2004, 02:30 AM
TrowaVidel

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP:
your forced to arrest them after the first encounter

they set the town on high alert by claiming the nearby warlord is bring his war machine to bear... just to see them panic

you see flashes "Knights of the Dinner Table" in your head during a session with them.

They learn all of the core rules but don't bother to learn in-game laws.

they try to turn your game into an FF7 clone (even though the tech. level won't allow frinken gunpower)

they memerized the MM but assume all monsters are evil.

they secretly add up the exp they gain and compare it to what you give them to see if it's equal.
Old 03-02-2004, 08:55 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Ekitch
--The halfing barbarian chops of the head of the lady PC who has a crush on him. Because she threw all his stuff in the ocean.

- tha halfling barbarian and the goblin cleric decide to wipe out the party because of all the weird intelligent items they carry

-- although 2 pc were killed last session and the one left had the items and didnt do anything with them

- they were actually on their way to meet a goddess

I just LOVE MY barbarian.
Old 03-14-2004, 02:47 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Kalren
~Whenever you seem to be describing the combat situation, and making notes on the battleboard, they always seem to be describing what kind of pizza they want over they phone, and making cartoons on the battleboard... Without dry erase markers.

~You go through extreme pains during one of your evil campaigns to point out that the archbishop is surrounded by several paladins in what appears to be gold full plate. They think it's an invitation to attack him.

~They kill the archbishop, and one of them manages to survive the encounter.

~Rather than following any particular plot, they go around robbing banks in the night.(Until you get sick and tired of the crap and decide that since they can't notice the difference between gold and a plot, they can't notice they difference between gold coins, and a gold dragon :smile: )

~They use the same character for five campaigns. Different character sheets, slightly different stats. Same concept, same name.

~They'd rather have you "Wing it" and play right now than take some time to prepare.

~They complain when you have to look some stuff in the books from lack of notes, because your "Wingin it"
Old 03-18-2004, 10:52 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
DOOM
When they complain that you don't post...

When they complain that you post too much...

When they complain about not having any treasure...

When they complain and argue amongst themselves about the treasure they've just found...

When they complain that they aren't facing enough dangers...

When they complain that the dangers are just too great!

Ah hell, WE'RE ALWAYS A PAIN IN THE BUTT! :biggrin:
Old 03-19-2004, 12:24 AM
Banned

Tools
User Statistics
Waldo
When they blatantly walk out of the village they just conquered without even peeking inside one building to look for treasure, then a little while later they complain about not getting enough treasure.

When they stack thier dice, and then hit thier fellow players whenever the stacks get knocked over.

When they pick thier toenailes on the table

When they tell the DM to clean up the pickings

When one of thier characters enters a pit fight against a dire ape, then just as the ape does enough damage to put the player at -1hp they realize they incorrectly calculated thier HP and should have 2 more.

When they win the above battle and had wagered 20,000 gp on themselves at 10:1 odds.

(I have been in groups where all but the last one happened)
Old 03-19-2004, 01:07 AM
Great Wyrm
Former Staff

Tools
User Statistics
Rodrigo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOM
Ah hell, WE'RE ALWAYS A PAIN IN THE BUTT! :biggrin:
Finally, a sympathizer!

Players are a pain in the butt when:

They decide that they DON'T want to hire crew A, but instead crew B. At the end of the last session, they said crew A, and you generated all 100 npc's.

They complain that they have too much freedom in the campaign.

They exist...
Old 03-23-2004, 03:38 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
DOOM
They're a pain in the butt when....

Their first names start with D, and end with M.

They typically take all of the excitement out of PbP gaming by posting first.

They metagame to no end, much to the frustration of the Dm....

Or....

They have more interest in messing with other players (and infighting) as opposed to going through the game.

They fight incessantly about magic items. (I may have mentioned this once before).

They enter combat in such a disorganized manner, it takes the dm 2 full days just to interpret what they did...
Old 03-23-2004, 06:50 PM
Great Wyrm
Former Staff

Tools
User Statistics
Rodrigo
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofQueens
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOM
You know your Dm is evil when....

He makes you fight a dragon turtle for a treasure! And then, just when it looks like you've found the treasure, he springs hundereds of hatching baby dragon turtle eggs around it just to keep the party on its toes... :wink:
Sounds familiar! :razz:
You know your players are a pain in the butt when:

They start to stab at all of these eggs.
Old 03-23-2004, 08:09 PM
Talon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP:
You know they are a pain in the butt when....

They are a wanted criminal and want to steal a uniform so they run into a crowded street and try to nab a single helpless victim and drag him into the woods.

They challenge a random barbarian in a tribe and when he is about to kill them they go "Umm before he swings his axe, I run away."

When they complain that their magically imbued weapon isnt strong enough. (Example: 1d12+1d6+1d6 at level four!!!!!)

When they dont get a high DC on a search or listen check they constantly do it until they get something between 17-20.

When other players in the party are sleeping their character mysteriously wakes up and steals everybodys gold and hides the golf bags in their pants by their "jewels" and goes back to sleep then expects to make bluff checks to them all the next morning about now having the gold when his pants are bulging and hes jingling when he walks.

When the two stupid players in the game skirmish to the death over 20 gp.

When at level 1 they say that they want to attack head on the large orc city that they just found.

They complain that one person in the party whom happens to be a rouge cheats by hiding then using a sneak attack.

Roll a die that falls off of the table and if its low they re-roll it on the table and if its high they go "Oh its high/crit!!! This is a keeper!"

When the sorcerer complains that the barbarian in the party has a better weapon than he does.

When they explain in excruciating detail exactly what their character does in combat and it happens to be like.... "I do two backflips and then a side flip into a backflip over the monster, dive to the left and charge at him and slice downwards then upwards and doing two more backflips back again." and they roll a 3.

When a character who is 6'2 gets trapped by two high guards who want his arrest and they guards are pretty small the player states "I duck then dive under their legs."

When they say that something in MY OWN CREATED WORLD could never possibly happen in REAL LIFE.

All of these things have happened to me in my sessions in person... God, its in the same game too, lol they are quite horrible.
Old 03-28-2004, 03:13 PM
Meat_Shield_v3.5

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP:
You Know Your Players Are A Pain In The Butt When........

-The party consisting of 2 barbarians and 2 fighters destroys your precious campaign in one gaming session.*
-You exceed the scope of the Epic Level Handbook trying to make challenging enemies.
-The wussy archer deals over 100 damage with a full attach action.
-The wizard takes a wizard cohort, and gives him a wand of Disintegrate.
-The PC's get mad when they don't roll an 18 stat.
-You let them scrap their stat rolls and reroll, and they spend the next 4 days trying to roll all 18's.
-They ask if they can "take 20" on stat rolls.
-The stupid halfling has a vorpal, keen bladed guantlet, and has improved crit with it too.
-The same stupid halfling is the group wuss.
-The wizard screws up royally when trying to contact an imp, and the level 4 party ends up meeting a vrock, and they beat it in less than 10 rounds.
-You have a male gamer playing a female character and a female gamer playing a male character. And the characters do it.
-The PC's wait for the orc guard to go #2 before they attack.
-One of the players asks what color the upolstry is when they enter the lich's tower.

* This is my favorite story. I'm part of RPGA (Role Playing Game Assoc.). Our characters have a remarkably low death rate (3%, average for the area is 20%), and the area coordinators thought our DM was going easy on us. At the last convention, the head guy in the area made an adventure for everyone to play. He spent months making it just perfect. He ended up running it for our group, and we had him crying within 15 minutes. Really crying too. We skipped the entire adventure when Nognar (the dwarven fighter) said "I see some ruins over there. Lets go exploring." We skipped all the investigations and information gathering (and role playing) and fought the final boss first.
Old 04-12-2004, 08:21 AM
Dragon_Lord

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP:
All my players, (even if they are like some of the examples given) follow the general story line. You must make those who wish to disrupt, THINK they are controlling and manipulating the story line, while you make them do what YOU want. Practice will help.

Give them hell (literally if needed).
Closed Thread