You Know Your Players Are A Pain In The Butt When........ - Page 6 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Discussions > General Discussion
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 10:08 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Paddon
....spouts Futurama quotes in a space-based mRPG
....makes MacGuyver jokes while using a gnome tinkerer
....uses Naruto references for his character's moves. The character being a dwarf barbarian.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:26 PM
Don't Praise The Machine

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 30
Zargain
.... they Player DM, I had someone in my tabletop game who used to do that, I think I've broken his habit though. The last time I remember him doing it was a session two months ago when the party was at the Royal city of a main kingdom in the campaign. In his background this character was kidnapped and enslaved by orcs at a young age, only escaping recently before joining the party. The region where the orc tribe lived was a wild fronteer region about 2-300 miles away. When he arrived this is wat happened:
Player: I'm going to head to the slums and walk around for awhile
Me: Alright *describes the slums*
Player; oh, by the way I meet someone i know and talk to them for awhile
Me: No you don't
Player: Why not?
Me: well... *explains using facts above in his background*

He's still in the campaign and he's broken the habit by now i hope at least.

Another: ....When they want a super powerful character with a high ECL regardless of the level of the party or how much stronger they will be. Unfortunatly this is the same player and he hasn't broken this habit yet from what i've seen. A few weeks ago i was talking to him Via IM:
Player: Can I become a weretiger at some point?
Me: er.... NO!
Player: Why not?
Me: Well the ECL for one...
Player: So?
Me: That means you'd be considered several levels higher than the other party members.
Player: so... can I be one?
I talked him out of it by mentioning that becoming one unnaturaly would mean he would have no control over his transformation meaning that he would become a burden for the rest of the party rather than their special super powerful person.
Such a pain...
Old 10-20-2005, 04:31 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Impothix Nu
When the resident fighter-player is an electrical engineering student and therefore has figured out how to tell almost everything about a monster just by the rolls.

When the resident crazy bastard spends more time aiming weapons at other party members in a semi-in-character non-serious annoying way than actually planning things out. Then decides that it's 'funny' to spill water on the laptop containing all of the game pdfs. Or on the character sheets next to it.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:44 AM
Come and Get It

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2525
TheDarkFuzz TheDarkFuzz TheDarkFuzz TheDarkFuzz TheDarkFuzz TheDarkFuzz TheDarkFuzz TheDarkFuzz TheDarkFuzz TheDarkFuzz TheDarkFuzz
...when more than half of every session is spent rules lawyering. I had to get this munchkin training somewhere.
Pure Roleplay Contest
Old 10-29-2005, 04:49 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
pourmeanotherbeer
Quote:
If (s)he rolled a natural 1, the final check would be 1+4=5.
Which would pass the check...
Sleepin' all day, stayin' up all night...
Old 10-29-2005, 10:36 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Banadetto
Yes, the natural one only means certain failure with attack rolls, not skill checks.
Old 10-29-2005, 01:21 PM
Brain Sampler

Tools
User Statistics
Spiryt
Back to the original topic:

When the party's rogue is a kleptomaniac who screams "I WANT THE GEEEMS!" when looting.
When said rogue gets locked in a treasure vault by the party's cleric when he had had enough.
When the minotaur insists that he *ALWAYS* expects an ambush.
When the ninja insists on coming back as a ghost, adding a new dimension (or plane ) to his abilities.
When a high LA monk gets turned into a vampire, granting it AC of over 40.

Last edited by Spiryt; 11-02-2005 at 08:58 AM.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:33 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 149
Sunset Trooper Sunset Trooper
-When they argue for 15 minutes if they were going to pay for a door they smashed open
-When the dwarf has a great connection with his familly all of a sudden when we get to his home town, and will put themabove the guild he swore his life to.
-They walk in and say "I attack" round over
-When the same dwarven fighter has a flaming waraxe and thinks he's god.
-Level 5 Dwarven fighter thinks he can take a level 10 Wizard NPC
-Paladin forgets they have a scroll of Ressurrection.
-NO ONE PLAYS A CLERIC, EVER!
-They get pissed when you throw alot of opponents at them that they still beat.

You know what, I'm killing someone next session
Old 11-14-2005, 02:48 PM
Banned

Tools
User Statistics
Chocobo
Here is something very recent:

One of the characters from a game I am in decided that he was going to leave us with about 300 gp worth of useless items, and he take a couple of magic items worth around 15,000 gp... Still resolving it.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:17 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Heimdall
You know your players are a pain in the butt when:

-You have made their name a curse in your game.

-You have made their name a curse in real life.

-They take up a 6 hour session "just to buy drugs" which turns into taking revenge on the local thieves guild because he didn't die when they slammed the door and his arm was on one side, then he fell down into a pit of spikes with only one stagnant cleaning shaft, but still managed to live despite bleeding and such.

-When you've had to resort to dick tactics just to kill him and then put him on a completely made up, fake "waiting list" that has at least 20 "other people" on it.

-When you collect his teeth because your DM has offered to make them a magic item of munchkinery.

-When he can instictively call out "I call its..." When you take a monster down. ("I call the dragon's head!")

-When he magically rolls 18's, 19's, and 20's before the dice even stop rolling on serious checks, but when it's a fortitude not to laugh, or a reflex to avoid a bump trap, it's always a 1.

-When your fellow players have resorted to killing his characters over and over to avoid socializing with him.

-When you can say all of these things about 1 player, like I can.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:24 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Crealo
You know your players are a pain in the butt when they won't SHUT UP long enough for you to start off the campaign.

Yeah...it seems like my everyone in my group has about 2 second memory spans...*

*This especially stinks when you've spent hours and hours planning out a story line for a campaign.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:41 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Pita
I have two players like that. It also happens to be that they're my two best behaved ones....
When the game is interrupted by a big rude sound from a player.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:29 AM
I am finally back

Tools
User Statistics
theduelist
When your player is a warforged while playing ebberon and takes the talk about attribute to get another feat.

This new thing my DM came up with for warforged. This thing simply means each time is char does an action, he calls it up in the game, so he'd roll a hide check, and in the game what happened was this.Rolling SC...I hide behind the wall!. That was particularry annoying considering he did say it and used a freaky robot accent.

Or when instead of asking you to be a were something, they franktically look around the nearby forest for were creatures.

Or when they fall asleep during the gaming session and end up with a dice stuck up they're nose...

Need I say more?

Well thats because you're all fury and measure 8 feet in height.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:40 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Jahannan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impothix Nu
When the resident fighter-player is an electrical engineering student and therefore has figured out how to tell almost everything about a monster just by the rolls.

When the resident crazy bastard spends more time aiming weapons at other party members in a semi-in-character non-serious annoying way than actually planning things out. Then decides that it's 'funny' to spill water on the laptop containing all of the game pdfs. Or on the character sheets next to it.
Okay, so I'm well known amongst my friends for getting drunk and acting REALLY stupid, but spilling water on a laptop is quite simply beyond the lengths any DM should ever be expected to tolerate. You've gone to all sorts of lengths to bring the campaign to life with all sorts or generators to speed up the session; I can't freaking believe that someone would be stupid enough to spill water on a laptop that's probably worth more than their life and then act like it's nothing at all. People who don't take responsibility for the damage they do to things that belong to other people disgust me.

Last edited by Jahannan; 11-30-2005 at 09:41 AM.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:49 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Heimdall
You know your players are a pain in the butt when:

-He chews on your dice... No matter how many times you smack him.

-He roleplays so well that you can't tell if he talking to your character or you when he hurls insults at you.

-When he actually makes you post MORE THAN ONE of these posts.