You Know Your Players Are A Pain In The Butt When........ - Page 9 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Discussions > General Discussion
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 06:05 AM
REVEAL YOUR SECRETS!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
AbuDhabi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimdall
When the cleric decides to charge people for healing and enlightenment. (I've done this a time or two... but only with the player I described in my first post on this thread)
Bah! The other characters should just assume the said cleric doesn't want a share of the loot, then.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:33 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Heimdall
You know a player is a pain in the butt when

- Other pains in the butt won't play with him.

- When they keep all their items for that "bigger boss" even during dragon battles.

- When he sulks (My kudos to that thread)

- When you know them well enough that you dare not play for the mayhem they cause.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:12 AM
Resident Mad Scientist

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 44
Dakar
Quote:
- When they keep all their items for that "bigger boss" even during dragon battles.
*Guiltily Raises Hand*

-When they refuse to play unless they can use items they make up, which happen to be more powerful than major artifacts. Just to add insult to insult, you develop an urge to legitamitely kill them, which you know is probably impossible.

While this has yet to happen to me, somebody on a chatroom was complaining just about that.
Old 12-27-2005, 03:39 PM
Don't Praise The Machine

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 30
Zargain
Quote:
When they keep all their items for that "bigger boss" even during dragon battles.
My players once did the EXACT same thing, the party wizard refused to use his disintegrate spell on a black dragon because they thought they were gonna fight a blackguard later that day
Old 12-27-2005, 06:24 PM
Dim Henchmen of Pang!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12964
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
You know your players are a pain in the butt when...

... They bring a hot girl to the gaming session who has never played/heard of DnD before. She then goes on to mock the game while flirting with the game mebers, and they all summarilly end up ignoring the game (which they now see as childish) in hopes of (all of them) going and "getting some" from said hot girl.

... The Dwarven Fighter in the group decides to take a bath for four hours when on a ship. They are attacked by any given sea creatures, and he decides to fight in the nude. He survives. He then goes to attemtping to callous his entire body to give himself natural armor so that he can always fight in the nude.

... A character decides that he is going to monitor the amount of gold peices that each of the characters can physically carry because he has the highest strength score.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:38 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Heimdall
-When one person sees himself as the leader, somehow ALWAYS comes to be the first to claim ALL the gold and "pay" the other members, threatening wizardly harm and charm if they don't listen.

-When said player, after hording easily over 100,000 in GP, leaves to go to the army and takes his character sheet with him.

EDIT: When he never pays the characters anyway, even before the second one occurs.

Last edited by Heimdall; 12-27-2005 at 09:39 PM.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:29 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Heimdall
You STILL know your players are a pain in the butt when:

-Even though they have over 30,000 GP, they refuse to buy magic items in case a better item or deal comes up.

-They die with said 30,000 GP, and the item that would have saved their sorry butts was some simple magic weapon or an alchemist fire.

-They have 30,000 GP, but still have mundane items for all their equipment because they sold all their magical stuff for $$.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:40 PM
Dim Henchmen of Pang!

Tools
User Statistics
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
Wow. That's classic.

... When the characters attack any and all shopkeepers that they find, utterly convinced that they can not only take on said shopkeeps and avoid the guards, but that they can possibly make it away with all of the items in the shop. At level 1.
Old 12-28-2005, 11:04 AM
Resident Mad Scientist

Tools
User Statistics
Dakar
-When one of them announces that he's retiring and going into farming. And takes all of the magical artifacts of destruction with him.

-Instead of buying weapons and armor for the next dungeon, they spend 500 GP on chickens. Then, they set fire to all 10,000 chickens and send them all inside, killing everything and leaving all of the loot ripe for taking.

-Halfway into a major scene, the fighter wanders off so he can start a bar-fight. (Guilty.)

-One decides to play as a warmage, after you have warned them not to several times.
Old 12-28-2005, 11:51 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Heimdall
Dakar... Have we met?
Old 12-28-2005, 12:02 PM
Resident Mad Scientist

Tools
User Statistics
Dakar
I don't think so. Which one did you try/have somebody try on you?

Oh, and: -When they say that they are entering room A, you spend five minutes explaining a detailed plot and describing the powerful enemies inside, and they complain they slipped and wanted B instead.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:02 PM
The British DM

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 107
Lyinginbedmon Lyinginbedmon
When despite taking ages with lots of help to put together a character, they spend more than a month before PMing the sheet to the DM
Old 12-28-2005, 09:55 PM
Dim Henchmen of Pang!

Tools
User Statistics
... When the players demand that you make an evil campaign, roll stats for them, you prepare the game in full, then they all decide to change their alignment to good because they didn't have the heart to go through with being evil.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:32 AM
Resident Mad Scientist

Tools
User Statistics
Dakar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unko Talok
... When the players demand that you make an evil campaign, roll stats for them, you prepare the game in full, then they all decide to change their alignment to good because they didn't have the heart to go through with being evil.
All of them are good? I think a helm of opposite alignment would work in such a case. >:)
Old 12-29-2005, 07:45 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
nowayman10
Alright this is a conversation between me and my DM
This happened two weeks ago in a RL game im playing in.
Quote:
me "Well Im dead"

GM "Oh sorry well thats what happens when you get pollymorphed and run in......wait a minute are you wearing that spiked collar that you guys didn't know what it was."

me "Yeah I thought it looked cool so I just put it on."

DM "Damn it your going to F**k everything up."
You know your players are a pain in the ass when they are wearing the spiked collar of deathless frenzying.