RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 03-25-2010, 12:50 PM
I turn bourbon into code

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1808
Dooliwong Dooliwong Dooliwong Dooliwong Dooliwong Dooliwong Dooliwong Dooliwong Dooliwong Dooliwong Dooliwong
I'm still lurking around, waiting for something to move forward

Hopefully he comes back soon.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:08 PM
RAWR!!!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 396
notna notna notna notna
Well, you might as well have shae introduce herself...
Old 03-26-2010, 12:55 AM
You want ambiguity???

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 521
Nexin Nexin Nexin Nexin Nexin Nexin
Do you think we should look for a new DM?
Old 03-26-2010, 05:51 PM
writ in water

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 425
dimitri domovoi dimitri domovoi dimitri domovoi dimitri domovoi dimitri domovoi
No I don't think so. It was Greg's game and it should remain so. These things happen and it's unfortunate, especially for a high quality game such as this, but all you can do is hope it comes back and move on. Bringing in another DM would completely change the game, so it makes more sense to simply apply for a new one.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:12 PM
You want ambiguity???

Tools
User Statistics
I just don't want to see this group split. That's all. I enjoy the interaction.
Old 03-27-2010, 01:14 PM
Once more unto the breach

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11602
zebedee zebedee zebedee zebedee zebedee zebedee zebedee zebedee zebedee zebedee zebedee
I'm with Nexin... this was a pretty solid group. And I bet we all know of some other great RPers. It makes me wonder if anyone's ever done an invitation-only game of solid RPers who post regularly. But we'd need a volunteer DM to do that, and that's not in my skill set
Old 03-27-2010, 03:06 PM
Head of Orpheus

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 506
Inimicus Inimicus Inimicus Inimicus Inimicus Inimicus
I also agree.

I do have a setting I've been working on for a while, but unfortunately it isn't ready for actual play (at least by my standards). However, at the point that it is ready, I'd be happy to have anyone from this group be interested. Of course, there's also no telling if it would be to everyone's taste, but c'est la vie.

If anyone is interested in keeping at least part of this group together, would you mind sending me a PM so I can easily track you down at some indefinite point in the future? No obligation, obviously, if you are busy or decide that it isn't for you.

Last edited by Inimicus; 03-27-2010 at 03:08 PM.
Old 03-27-2010, 06:52 PM
writ in water

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 425
dimitri domovoi dimitri domovoi dimitri domovoi dimitri domovoi dimitri domovoi
@zebedee, I once run an invite-only game where I asked players to apply based on their experience or skill and it did lead for a very good game. The players were all comfortable with me because we have played together before and because all the players were good writers and strong RPers they all got along well - that was probably the best benefit from it. It's not a bad idea if you have a group of good RPers and are planning on starting a game yourself.

I agree this group was strong and I'm sorry for what happened to this game, but I have no interest in continuing to play it with another DM. I am currently in developed of a homegrown sandbox low-fantasy game with major rule rewrites heavily inspired by the works of Eddings (the fact that Tolkien has a RPG but Eddings doesn't is staggering to me). I encourage anyone playing here to check it out to see if your interested (sched to appear late Apr), I would love to have players of your caliber, and I hope to see the rest of you on the boards. Happy Gaming!

~D
Old 03-27-2010, 10:01 PM
You want ambiguity???

Tools
User Statistics
The other strong strong game that I am involved in has an excellent DM. He is very active and has a home brew setting that has about 15 active players in three different games. He has made us interact with one another and has been rewarding us through it. It is a homebrew setting that is core rule only. It is ver interaction oriented and has combats. I'd personally invite all of you to join up, and maybe I could invite the DM to frame a game just for our type. I think notna is also playing in that game. It is very good so far. I would love to see some of you in that setting and play together.

What do you think about having the DM come and talk with us?
Old 03-27-2010, 11:36 PM
I turn bourbon into code

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1808
Dooliwong Dooliwong Dooliwong Dooliwong Dooliwong Dooliwong Dooliwong Dooliwong Dooliwong Dooliwong Dooliwong
I'm fine with going to another game, but I do agree, this is greg's game, it needs to stay that way.

But I'd be very interested in running a game with you guys, great group
Old 04-08-2010, 02:02 PM
You want ambiguity???

Tools
User Statistics
Okay, seeing that there hasn't been a lot of talk lately, how many of you are interested in a new game for this group if I can get a DM to run it for us?