Notices

Old 03-15-2019, 09:22 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Treble83
Hello

Hello! I'm fairly new to DnD but I've been all in for about the last six months, since getting in to it. I'm 35, live in a rural community and my wife doesn't play. Needless to say, my biweekly game is not filling this newfound void in my life. However, my wife would never stand for me dedicating another weekly 4 hour block on the computer to join a web based live game. Thankfully, I've found this site and I'm very excited to give it a shot!
Old 03-15-2019, 10:20 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13609
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Welcome to the club chummer!

PbP is perfect for the person with the hectic schedule. A growing family is what brought me here. Trust me, if you have free time, we have a way to kill it for you!

Do you have any experience with PbP? If not, try the new player solo game! You'll select your system and be assigned your own private GM Mentor to show you the ropes and run your first adventure with you. I can't recommend them to you highly enough!

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you settle in!
Old 03-15-2019, 10:30 PM
The Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 55617
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Welcome!

Ah yes, the age old problem of having large chunks of time available... PbP is perfect for that. You can squeeze us in, whenever. Be careful, you can still spend hours here, but it's all good, and I hope you enjoy yourself here!
Old 03-16-2019, 01:13 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 129
PHIL 490 PHIL 490
Hi man

Nice to meet you man, I don't have much free time either, so PBP is the way to go!
Old 03-16-2019, 04:01 AM
Wazdakka: King of Flames!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2687
Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers
Hello and welcome to the site! I really hope you find what you're looking for in our community <3

As Imveros says the NPSG is a great way to learn your way around the site. There's a link in my signature as well as a link to the other new member guides.

Happy gaming
Old 03-16-2019, 09:30 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3037
Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn
Thirded on the new player game! Great way to settle in.

My wife will occasionally sit down with me and the kids, but for sure this is the way I get my nightly itch scratched. Enjoy!!

Currently playing in West Marches: Westhaven; West Marches: Everlasting Unknown; and Hoard of the Dragon Queen DMing in West Marches: Westhaven
Old 03-17-2019, 12:17 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Treble83
Thank you all! Looking forward to some PbP!
Old 03-17-2019, 08:02 AM
breathsunflower450rainbow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18461
chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla
Goodmorning Treble83,

- I think I have heard the word 'Treble' before but I am not sure I remember what it means? -

I can so understand the reason for signing up if your Significant Other isn't into roleplay and is okay with four hours it is kinda rough to double that time. Clever to get some online game going, it is awesome to be able to post at your own time of the time and have the time to write a very in-character post. And with all of us being online all 24/7 really helps as well ;-)
Welcome over here and feel free to ask questions if you have them
Old 03-18-2019, 07:48 AM
Say what now?

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2643
Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry
Welcome to the party Treble

I know that pain of not having the free time or folks to dedicate to a irl game session, but pbp really does help scratch that itch and depending on your group(s) you find any day can feel like game day. Its a really awesome feeling being able to watch a game go at a constant pace.

Here are some helpful threads to help you get acclimated while you wait for a game to get started - be it the NPSG, Check Chocoladevla's signature one of the amazing continuous recruitment games, or a game from the advertisement boards:
references
References

Happy adventuring!~

Last edited by Retry; 03-18-2019 at 07:48 AM.