RPG Crossing
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Old Nov 15th, 2022, 06:53 PM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19658
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
By RAW the subtle advantage when specifically applied to flight just makes it quiet. For +1 flat point you can make stealth checks while flying, for +2 you don't have to. Mechanically and mathematically it's the same as concealment vs. hearing limited to only work while flying, either way it's 1 point if you need to make a skill check, 2 points if you don't have to. They just added the subtle advantage to flight for simplicity because there are so many people who have it even though it doesn't work like subtle does for any other power.
Old Nov 15th, 2022, 07:27 PM
His divine shadow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7777
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalladiaMors View Post
By RAW the subtle advantage when specifically applied to flight just makes it quiet. For +1 flat point you can make stealth checks while flying, for +2 you don't have to. Mechanically and mathematically it's the same as concealment vs. hearing limited to only work while flying, either way it's 1 point if you need to make a skill check, 2 points if you don't have to. They just added the subtle advantage to flight for simplicity because there are so many people who have it even though it doesn't work like subtle does for any other power.
Thanks PalladiaMors.
Anarky we good with this?
Old Nov 15th, 2022, 07:50 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 197
UTasteSoSO UTasteSoSO
@anarchy

Adjustments and curveballs made and added. The extra +1 to my offences there is due to 1 rank in close attack advantage.
Old Nov 15th, 2022, 08:03 PM
His divine shadow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7777
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
Anarky.
All I'm after is the ability to make stealth rolls so I can sneak whilst flying. Is there anyway to work with you on that?
Old Nov 15th, 2022, 08:30 PM
chief fiction officer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5733
morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha
responses
Quote:
Power-wise I'm trying to get on the same page. You have Alternate Form, which is a means of subtracting points from a suite of powers, does it take a Move Action or a Standard Action to activate?

The alternate form of a living Ghost would take Insubstantial 4 (Incorporeal) at 5 power points per rank, then the ; Extra: Affects Others would bring that to 6 per rank for a total of 24 points and another for Precise.

So 25 points minus 1 for a Move Action to activate or minus 2 for a Standard Action to activate.

Note the possibility of suffocating whilst Incorporeal and you will need something akin to Vision Penetrates Concealment Senses 4 (2 Power Points) to be able to see when within solid objects.

There's a lot of restrictions on this power as it is an extremely potent ability.
Lots of good thoughts on the Ghost Form and I see now I missed some bits in the SRD on my first pass. I think I want to rebuild a little bit around your comments to address the incorrect point buy and the path to PL 10.
  • Suffocation bit is definitely noted.
  • Totally missed the activation cost section - I am going to go with a move action
  • Removing Precise tag
  • Buying ability to see within solid objects as suggested
  • Lowering Agility down to Rank 2 and Intimidation back to 0 to make up the point difference
  • Added Skills to my application

Quote:
How do you see yourself allocating your points at PL 10? Mainly focused on how you see your powers changing over time.
At PL10, I imagine Ghost Form to be more robust, including Flying, adding Precision back in, and potentially adding Immunity (up to Rank 5 or 10, not sure). The inclusion of Flying already sounds like a lot to me, but if there's room for more I'll go for either a Ray of Exhaustion or some kind of emotional manipulation to emulate a ghost "possessing" someone, depending on how Nimat develops. I believe full emotional manipulation would break your no mind control rule, but I'm hoping that something along the lines of a Mistborn's Soothing would be acceptable.

commentsCan you clarify this comment?:

Quote:
Choose one other reasonably common effect or descriptor that works on you while you are incorporeal
I'm assuming you're referring to these descriptors: https://www.d20herosrd.com/6-powers/descriptors/

I have updated my app to reflect these changes. I also linked at the bottom to a spreadsheet I used to calculate my point distribution. It ain't pretty but it explains my thinking if necessary. I think I am happy with my app at this point, and barring more mechanical changes and the question above, I would say it's done.
Old Nov 15th, 2022, 08:51 PM
Erasmus B. Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3848
PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck
Alrighty, working on the edits.

Seagal was previously secreted, now it's not.

I'll work on changing the origin story to have less effective use of powers.

Tried to specify unarmed and "throw" combat. Still not sure if I'm providing what you are looking for there, though. . .

Gave myself a point back for free language

Just turned negative strength to 0. Is that OK?

Dumped Immortality. Got rid of weaken/affliction growth path. Power set is now: major enhanced strength and durability, flight, minor enhanced speed and senses. If that's still too complicated, let me know.

Will spell out the power costs in a minute.

Gotta walk away from character for a minute. points are not quite adding up. Will let you know when they are, thanks for patience!

Last edited by PapaHuck; Nov 15th, 2022 at 09:00 PM.
Old Nov 17th, 2022, 04:20 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 343
Alkemist Alkemist Alkemist Alkemist
Okay that definitely took a lot longer than I would have liked, but I think I'm done barring any math errors or forgetful mess ups. I'm sure they're in there, but for now I can't do any more crunch.
EDIT: and of course as soon as I say that I remember I didn't account for the alternate effects cost. I'll have to scrape those from somewhere else, but if you could review everything else that's still helpful for me

Last edited by Alkemist; Nov 17th, 2022 at 04:35 AM.
Old Nov 17th, 2022, 03:54 PM
chief fiction officer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5733
morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha
further adjustments
Quote:
It's found in the third sentence under "Rank 4 – Incorporeal" (Link), but you have it right on, using one of the "reasonably common effect/descriptor" that hits you full on, like cold, fire, magic, or the like and note it on your character somewhere for our reference.
Gotcha. I think magic makes most sense. Noted in my sheet.

Quote:
Defenses appear to be 1 too few to cover the +5 to Dodge with an Agility of 2 and the needed +4 to Willpower with your Awareness of 4. Should cost 9 by my math.
Agreed, it should have been changed to +4 dodge when I dropped agl to cover a point difference. Updated.

Quote:
Skills seem low from what you spent, I count 30 skill points at 15 power point cost, but maybe I'm missing something (Acrobatics 4, Deception 6, Insight 6, Investigation 4, Sleight of Hand 6, Stealth 4)
A couple of my skills got missed when I transferred them over: Perception 4, Persuasion 6. Updated.

Quote:
The link to your work requires access, but more importantly I would like it broken down better on your sheet.
Changed permissions so you should have access, but hopefully the changes I made to my sheet will make it unnecessary.

Quote:
Let's remove Subtle from your Aura of Fear please, all active powers are noticeable in this game. It's called an aura, but it's not an Area affect?

Apologies, I realized in retrospect that I gave the wrong cost for "Vision Penetrates Concealment Senses 4 (2 Power Points)", as it should be 4 power points to purchase it.
No problem, removing Subtle. Good point about the area affect--buying Area to replace Subtle which I think should cost the same. Dropping Int down a rank to make up the 2 points over that Concealment Senses puts me.

With those changes and some detail added to my backstory, I think I might be done!
Old Nov 17th, 2022, 06:41 PM
Erasmus B. Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck
Mahzala is updated. Nerfed a couple things to get down to 100 power points. Updated RP sample to be a cringeworthy first appearance of powers. Updated background to include Curveball.

Just realized powers would have been technically active in both the RP Sample scene and Curveball scene, although she didn't really realize it either time. Grrr.

Will alter the Curveball scene to not use any powers implicitly. Should just take a minute.
Old Nov 17th, 2022, 06:49 PM
Erasmus B. Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Okey dokey doodley doo.

I believe my application is fully compliant now.
Old Nov 17th, 2022, 08:49 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Hmm, I noticed another potential slip up in my app. Is that 3 total alternate effects in an array or 3 additional alternate effects? I assumed the latter, but if it's the former then I can get rid of one alternate effect or rework it into something else.

Love the other apps everyone! Haven't read all the way through them but I always love to see great applications for great games, even if they're competition.
Old Nov 17th, 2022, 09:36 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9701
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
Alkemist I think it is a total of three powers.
Old Nov 17th, 2022, 11:23 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredSyn View Post
Alkemist I think it is a total of three powers.
Thanks. I think upon review theres also a bunch of other mistakes so I need to rework that entire area. I’ll get a better version up in a few hours.

EDIT: Alright, I like that way better. Now I think the character is done.

Last edited by Alkemist; Nov 18th, 2022 at 02:22 AM.
Old Nov 18th, 2022, 11:14 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
I thought mine was complete? I added the requested info to end of background.
Old Nov 18th, 2022, 04:56 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics