Game Thread Heroes in the Darkness: Chapter 1 - Page 21 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > World of Darkness > Heroes in the Darkness - Living World NWoD Chronicle
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Dec 26th, 2017, 06:14 AM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9594
Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon
"That's pretty much what I was thinking - I'm pretty sure that I can wipe a memory, but I'm not sure how I'd implant a false one... But don't Sleepers tend to forget the supernatural, or rationalise it away with time? I was hoping that if we could feed it into the natural forgetting, that would make things easier..." Calliope shrugged, deferring to Rocas' expertise on the subject. "But the thing we might need to bring to the Consilium isn't this - it's the thing behind this. James knows more, and this isn't the place to talk about it, but... well, if he has accurate information, then the adjective 'existential' wouldn't be out of place."
Old Dec 26th, 2017, 10:57 AM
Warrior of Derpness

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14751
GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti
"They just don't care, do they?" Dan's words come out far more aggressive than he had planned, but from the way Roxas is describing this 'Consilium', he doesn't regret it. "They don't care what happens to these people as long as it doesn't **** with their status quo." The thought made Dan feel ill. The wolf within was bemused at his attachment to prey, yet Dan refused to let that connection go. What kind of monster would he become if he abandoned every aspect of his own humanity? He needed this in a way that few others could understand, and he would fight, to the death if need be, to preserve it.

"We should get moving as soon as possible. A truck-load of people in hospital gowns is going to draw attention, eventually. We have way too many people here for any kind of apartment or hideaway. We're probably going to need something large and abandoned-- an empty warehouse or closed down factory. Preferably remote." Dan spares a look back to the trailer, considering the people within. He recalls well the sensations that coursed through his body when those people were rescued. He has no way of helping them, mentally. Physically, however, he expects that there is little else that could be preferable over himself for standing between them and harm.

"If I need to protect those people from anything else, it's going to be loud and messy."

That is how I feel.
Old Dec 27th, 2017, 07:39 PM
Catch Phrase

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2634
mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb
Kren placed a hand on Dan. He was tired. He didn't need an argument now. Maybe it would be better to let he blow off steam.
Buddy, calm down a bit. These people pose a threat to the vampires survival. Evidently the mages to. It's not that no one cares. It's that humans have trouble accepting when someone looks kinda different from them. Now then imagine how they react to some one like them. Like you.
Putting some emphasis on the fact that Dan was not human himself.
It would be a blood bath. Supernaturals might be powerful but we tend to be outnumbered and humans match them shot for shot in brutality and capacity for violence. Loud and Messy is bad. Very, very bad.
Old Dec 30th, 2017, 06:28 AM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9594
Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon
"Actually, it's not just that for Mages - although witch burnings probably didn't win any friends, and I'm pretty sure some of the Mysterium was around then. But if Sleepers - mundane humans - get too close to magic, they mess up spells, and the Abyss starts bleeding into the world - which is not good for anyone." Calliope pipes in. "The Pentacle mages espouse the doctrine that we are meant to protect magic and the Sleepers as a whole from the Abyss, but, well... the higher ups in the Mysterium tend to think that the best way to do that is to keep them far away from the whole thing, sometimes by any means neccessary. Not a philosophy either of us agree with, but every organisation has factions."
Old Jan 3rd, 2018, 09:26 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 213
Zareaus Zareaus Zareaus
Jason looks to Dan & motions to Kren. "James here is right, you may be powerful as an individual, you may be able to kill hundreds or thousands of people, but eventually they will wear you down and kill you. Hell there are a number of well know stories about supernaturals being killed off by normal humans; witch burnings, Frankenstein's monster, and god knows how many vampire & werewolf movies.

My kind doesn't have the big elaborate organization that apparently mages & vampires do. But we are still taught we must maintain a certain level of secrecy, even if that means people have to die to maintain it. My condition is even worse than most, the hate against me can literally grow like a cancer if it isn't carefully monitored. So yes we learn sometimes a sacrifice has to made for the greater good, sometimes people have to die so that cancer doesn't spread.

So I hate to say it, but if these people have to be put in the hospital with no memories and some excuse about it then that's the way it is; its better than having things spread & cause an even bigger incident. They were kidnapped & drugged with some super-rufie that caused the permanent memory loss is the best I have given our current options. "

Last edited by Zareaus; Jan 3rd, 2018 at 09:29 AM.
Old Jan 6th, 2018, 12:00 AM
Warrior of Derpness

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14751
GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti
Dan only looks more troubled as everyone chimes in with something else to add. "What you say makes sense, but the way you say it could use some work,” he grumbles. He has been mollified somewhat, much of his bark having been lost during the complicated explanations. ”With that kind of mentality, it's no wonder that humanity always rises up to kill the monster in the end of the story."

What are they to you? They are prey. They are people. They are prey. People. Prey. People. Prey. Both. Both? What about both? People and Prey?

The logic of the explanation is undeniable, but it also chafes at him. It's clear that he doesn't accept what the others have to say, but he has no real counter to it, either. He is just angst and ignorance looking to lash out against something that he doesn't agree with.

They cannot be both. To be people is to not be prey. The others are not clearly prey, so they may yet be people. But the prey are not people. Sean is-- was not prey. Sean was a person. Not prey. Not prey. Notpreynotpreynotpreynotprey. Not. Prey. Never prey. Sean...

The Magic thing? Completely over his head. Dan reaches up to grasp at a small medallion hanging around his neck. Two, actually. The pair of gold chains are just visible above the collar of his shirt as he idly grasps the objects while Calliope explains things well beyond his pay-grade. Between learning that God is a machine, Demons are Agent Smiths, and now there's an Abyss, Dan is having a very... unpleasant night, so to speak. Arguably worse than the poor mortals eating fast food in hospital gowns. At least those people might get to go back to a normal life in the morning. The more she talks about the batshit insanity of the real world, the more he clings to the medallions.

Sean is not prey. These people are not Sean. These people are the same as Sean. Prey. Not prey. They are Sean. Sean. Not prey. Not... People. Brother. Kin. Pack. Packnotpackpreynotpreypack.

Sean was human, more than human: brother, kin, pack. They are the same as Sean. Kin. Die for Sean. Live for Sean. Live. Watch. Die. Protect. Prey? Kill. Not prey? Live. Die. Protect. What are they? WHATARETHEY?

"Do what you need to do with them. But, let me be very clear about this. Any harm that comes to them because of what any of you do to them, I will repay in the only way I can." He affixes Kren with an intense stare. "I may not be human anymore, but I am not a f***ing monster." He turns to the others. "And I'm pretty comfortable in saying the same about the rest of you, too. As well as extending the same offer to anyone that wants it. I won't sit back and watch people die. Not again. Anyone who wants... we make our rules. We follow those rules. Work together. Like a pack.” The word rolls off Dan's tongue so naturally that he doesn't realize how absurd it might sound to anyone else. To him, it feels like the most natural thing in the world. Short of, perhaps only just, the Hunt.

He glances sidelong at Roxas. ”You too, if Calli will vouch for you.”

Sean. Did you know about any of this...?

That is how I feel.