Good People  

Event Judge  

Hall of Fame DM 2017

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 35380
Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner
Den of Darkness

The bar was dark and dimly lit and pudgy bald man stood behind the bar cleaning the spots off a beer stein while he looked over at you.

"Youz 'ere for the Booze or Broads? Or perhaps a little wisdom, you'd be surpised what Smiddy here has seen in this town. Come sit down, if your broke I'll give ya wader."

OOC
Welcome to the Den of Darkness for all of our OOC needs.

Old Jun 1st, 2016, 06:13 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 491
Abel Rain Abel Rain Abel Rain Abel Rain Abel Rain
Hey, smiddy. I'll get know ya soon. I'll have some details for ya in the next couple of days.
Old Jun 2nd, 2016, 09:51 PM
Downers 4th Regiment CO

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10470
Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart
Hey there Abel. We might have our characters meeting each other sometime later.
Old Jun 2nd, 2016, 10:42 PM
Peace was never an option
Good People  

Event Judge  

Hall of Fame DM 2017

Tools
User Statistics
Sage I've been looking over your character, love what I've covered so far. Getting to the juicy bits now and trying to figure out how were going to fit everything together. Vampires and Demons Oh My!
Old Jun 3rd, 2016, 04:16 PM
Good People  

Event Judge  

Hall of Fame DM 2017

Tools
User Statistics
The Smoldering Dragon is an awesome bar name. Love the material Sage I now need to up my knowledge on all the WoD vampire society quirks and then we will be ready to get started. I already have a hook in mind but I want to make sure it plays well into the overall arc.

BTW how does Vardy feel about the whole sucking life out of the living thing? Is he cool with that for the time being?
Old Jun 3rd, 2016, 11:04 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Hi Sage!
Old Jun 3rd, 2016, 11:24 PM
Downers 4th Regiment CO

Tools
User Statistics
Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart
Hey Abel, excited to see what you create.

I've been back and forth with that. I think Vardy would have first been very against it, but has slowly become more involved in it. Part of me likes the idea of him going after those who hurt the working class, or further systems of oppression, as a "hero", only as his apathy increases it would be more theoretical then actually robin hood like. He is not going to end up a good person by the end of this.

I also figured he would have some herd, did point two, the idea being the servants and people contacted by his mentor. He would have been given some, to both watch him, and to give him blood. I suspect one resides with or near sire, other in or near his own home. He wouldn't live in building of sire, for personal reasons. He'd like the divide, and personal independence.

Does that answer?
I'm happy you enjoy it so far.
Old Jun 5th, 2016, 12:01 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 151
Slothrop Slothrop
Hi everybody,
Slothrop here. Avner and I have been in touch for a while concerning storytelling in the world of darkness. I'm a longtime world of darkness player and storyteller who is new to the play by post system. I played vampire in its first edition of old world of darkness, and played almost every old world of darkness game-line. I've moved to the new world of darkness, but i have not transistioned to the chronicles of darkness. I mostly run and play mage and changling at this point. I'm hoping to learn the ropes of PBP story-telling here from avner, and to take some of the burden off of him in terms of world-building and mechanics as he sees fit.

See you in the games!
Old Jun 5th, 2016, 07:42 AM
Good People  

Event Judge  

Hall of Fame DM 2017

Tools
User Statistics
Glad the gangs all here! I was talking to one of the moderators and they were asking how the site WoD sheets can be improved. You can Create one by going to tools in the title bar and choosing My Characters. Name your character and choose WoD to create one.

I can give your input to the powers that be and hopefully get it updated to something we can use.

@sageheart that's perfect. I hope to get things rolling soon.

@Abel Rain were you able to upload your pdf? I could probably give you access to a Google Drive folder if you need it.

@Slothrop Your help is much appreciated!
Old Jun 5th, 2016, 11:01 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I have a character sheet, but when I download it, windows 10 won't let me interact with sheet. So, I'm trying to figure out the best way to get the information I need for a hunter on the game thread XD

I can't wait!
Old Jun 5th, 2016, 11:39 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Slothrop Slothrop
the character sheets for wod on rpgx are by default old world of darkness: vampire, but all games run similarly enough. You can replace nature and demeanor with virtue and vice, disciplines can be endowments, and we can take notes for all the other changes. If you prefer a pdf, MrGone's has an editable pdf. I don't know your windows errors, but if needs be, we can talk it over in the forums and create it all through posts.

Last edited by Slothrop; Jun 5th, 2016 at 11:40 AM.
Old Jun 5th, 2016, 06:43 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks Slothrop!

I decided to type one out in the subforum. I would love to learn how to use RPGX. Such as, how to create tables side by side etc.

@Avner: I think it would be cool to have a standard mortals character sheet on one page and if possible have a modular sheet for all the different types on a second page. Or make it so we can edit the headings, so we can update our personal sheets as the game changes. For, instance, leave the morality heading blank, so we can customize it. Same goes for all the other headings.

Or if we could have a blank one, with just boxes to check and customizable headings, so we could type whatever we need in the headings to each category; but, I'm not sure which one would be easier.

@Sageheart: My character is up. Feel free to have a look Just read your character sheet/profile a few minutes ago. I enjoyed it.

Last edited by Abel Rain; Jun 5th, 2016 at 09:11 PM.
Old Jun 6th, 2016, 07:11 PM
Downers 4th Regiment CO

Tools
User Statistics
@ Abel: Thank you! I looked over yours as well. It looks great. Seems we are both on opposite tracks of academics. Funny for the vampire to be an education focused character, and you to be a killer. I like it, should be interested if/when we meet. I suspect that I might spend a few hours detailing to you the importance of a well-rounded education, Marxist theory, and voting rights. Before we engage in battle of course!

@Slothrop: Nice to have you here! I am happy you have had experience with OWoD since it seems that is the only experience I have in WOD. From what I gather the mechanics is somewhat different but the plotlines are what makes it the most distinctly different. I do like the number of clans in the 20th anniversary version, and wish they had kept that in the new one. :/
Old Jun 6th, 2016, 10:22 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
@Sageheart: I'm more of a malatesta and Kroptkin kinda of person XD

Owen is a channel zero type hunter, a bit different than your traditional hunter, and definitely not a neo-liberal XD

I can google share Vampire: the requiem, if you want?

Last edited by Abel Rain; Jun 6th, 2016 at 10:35 PM.
Old Jun 6th, 2016, 10:35 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Slothrop Slothrop
@Sageheart
I love old vampire. Of all RPGs, it's the one I played the most, and will probably remain the one that I have played the most. It's unfortunate that WW went through so many rule revisions with very little change in title. Now, we kind of have Old world of Darkness (oWoD) new world of darkness (nWod) and Chronicles of Darkness (CoD). Really the last two, nWoD and CoD, are just a rules revision within the same universe, with the exception of core changes to Mage. However Old world of Darkness was gloriously destroyed. This was sad, because the lore was so very good in old world of darkness. Castro was a Brujah Ghoul, Carthage was the home of the True Brujah who were nothing like the Brujah clan in the Camarilla. In Mage, Entropy was an Arcana. The prophetic tone that the developed with Vampire especially, Gehenna coming and all that, it could not be beat. However, they published saying that the end of the world was coming, and i'm glad they followed through. It gave them the space to reimagine. In a lot of ways, the new world is worse. Some ways it is better, mostly it is just different.

The advantage to moving up in system, is that with each iteration crossing campaigns has become better. Now, in CoD rules, it's not too bad to have Mages, Vampires, and Changlings all throw down. We are still expecting CoD revisions of the core three books at some point, Vampire, Werewolf, and Mage, but the changes were thorogh enough to make updating Nwod To CoD really easy. The new CoD social combat and investigation systems are vastly improved, and the aspirations help give characters focus. Also, they are decoupling power from morality, which in Mage especially was annoying.

Sorry that the publishers scatter rules and rules revisions across multiple books, release separate RPG systems under the same parent name, and generally turn their players into researchers half the time.