twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Jun 6th, 2016, 10:50 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 491
Abel Rain Abel Rain Abel Rain Abel Rain Abel Rain
@Slothtrop: Are Nwod and GMC/CoD compatible? I'm relatively new to this (played the masquerade a few times in the 90s), but it seems GMC revised can be used for both nwod and cod.
Old Jun 6th, 2016, 11:13 PM
Downers 4th Regiment CO

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10470
Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart
Call of Duty? Well one is a system game, the other a roleplaying game.... :P Okay I don't know what you are referencing but I am assuming not that.

Since we are separate at the moment I believe we will be playing a mix of old and new in my game, and bringing it closer to new as we lead up to a situation where you and I meet. Other than that it shouldn't be too problematic, I hope at least. All my experience is in OWoD so don't own any other books.

EDIT: Saw the other two posts.

@Abel: I would love it if you could do that. I don't know if will change up my character much since using something that isn't there, but it would grant me the rules and the ability to format my character under NWoD which would be awesome! And now I have learned what CoD means now too.... :P

@Sloth: I see what you mean there. Yeah it does make us all researchers now doesn't it. Wouldn't it be easier to number them....like DnD, lol. I do appreciate the titles though, I do like them myself. More creative.

Yeah the lore in OWoD is awesome! I can see it being somewhat narrowing the game but it also broadens it, and forces your actions to be part of a larger arch that may or may not be important to your personal character. I really enjoyed reading everything in the book, and exploring it more online. I was upset my last game on here fell through. It was taking place in early middle ages, with a few story archs, each one would be a different time, as our characters enacted their life in the Black Hand up to the end times. It was an exciting idea that fascinated me. To watch a character grow alongside history is something that has always fascinated me.

Last edited by Sageheart; Jun 6th, 2016 at 11:19 PM.
Old Jun 6th, 2016, 11:25 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 151
Slothrop Slothrop
Old world of darkness and new world of darkness had a massive update to both rules and setting.

In both you would roll D10's However, in old, the difficulty would change the target number the player rolls for. In new, it subtracts from the dice pool. Damage was mitigated a little bit differently. Combat happened very differently. Combat declared lowest initiative first, but highest initiative acted first, so they could respond to actions, then you rolled dice, the you re-narrated the scene. Changes to setting were more total than changes to system.

The transition from the New World of Darkness to Chronicles of Darkness is a non-transition. When New world of Darkness launched, they advertised it as better for the cross-campaign. As people played, a lot of issues came up. Instead of publishing free erata, to a large extent, white wolf hid new rules revisions in different sourcebooks as they came out. At some point, the released the god-machine chronicle, which inclueded rules revisions to every system and basically was rules 2.0. Those are the changes, with some slight rewordings that made it to Chronicles of Darkness. So Nwod to CoD is almost not a transition at all. They did change the lore a bit, but only for mages.

Last edited by Slothrop; Jun 7th, 2016 at 11:38 AM.
Old Jun 7th, 2016, 04:19 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
you can download GMC revised for free on drivethrurpg

I'll google share gmc revised and vampire:

Vampire - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7...2hCMWNrWjI0TGM

GMC revised - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7...mFSS2N6WjlfNTg
Old Jun 7th, 2016, 05:57 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Slothrop Slothrop
It's worth mentioning that I might use PenDragon's home-brew from time to time

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...s-homebrew-hub

He's GMC up to date, and incorporating 2e, but is really focused on the cross-campaign, and so many of his tweaks are to do the things we are trying. Sorry things have been moving slowly so far
Old Jun 7th, 2016, 10:18 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
no worries PbP usually moves slower than live games.

Excellent site! Thanks for sharing!
Old Jun 17th, 2016, 03:53 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
@Slothrop: I have a question about my virtue and vice. Is it possible for these to change as our prelude plays out? I mean, I chose those on paper, but what if the feel of the character goes in a different direction? Not that I'm looking to change these, as I like my choices for Owen; it's more out of curiosity.

Thanks!

Last edited by Abel Rain; Jun 17th, 2016 at 03:53 PM.
Old Jun 20th, 2016, 04:13 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Slothrop Slothrop
I wanted to make a post here so you guys knew a little more about my schedule going forward, because I fear there will be a mild interruption. My girlfriend's family is coming to visit me from China. They will be staying with me for a month, starting this Friday. I don't think this will affect gaming from my end much at all. However, on July 2nd to July 9th they have a road trip planned. Currently, I am planning on traveling with them and bringing the computer with me to keep up with the game. However, I wanted to let you know it was happening so as to have a bit more tolerance during that period.

Avner and I talked a bit over about a week ago. Since then I have started Abel's campaign according to the story Avner provided. He has invited a third player to the world, though I have yet to hear from him.

@ Abel. I'm glad we have a game up and running. I plan to have your little human getting over his head as quickly as the drama allows.

@Sage. Again sorry for the delay. We were still reeling from the Trujah for a little while. It took me some time to really digest the backstory and start working it into the setting. I've taking some preliminary steps towards that. I've sent Avner a brief outline on a political heirarchy for the town and a few secret plots circling the powers that be. I'm not yet sure who will be running it, but the first steps are being taken. Again, thank you for the patience.
Old Jun 20th, 2016, 10:27 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
great news!

I'll post either Wednesday or Sunday.

Enjoy your time with your family!
Old Jun 20th, 2016, 10:40 PM
Peace was never an option
Good People  

Event Judge  

Hall of Fame DM 2017

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 35380
Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner
Xildur I believe was supposed to post last Wednesday so hopefully he joins us soon. Slothrop is doing an amazing job at making all of our different ideas fit a joint story. I do not think you guys will be disappointed.
Old Jun 21st, 2016, 11:27 PM
Downers 4th Regiment CO

Tools
User Statistics
Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart
Sorry..I didn't realize True Bujah would cause so much harm! I would offer to change, but seems that you have put so much work into it already! I hope it is at least somewhat inspirational. I am in no rush! I am slowly getting my games going too, so I don't mind waiting. I am very excited about this. Take your time, and let me know if I can help at all.
Old Jun 22nd, 2016, 07:48 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avner View Post
Xildur I believe was supposed to post last Wednesday so hopefully he joins us soon. Slothrop is doing an amazing job at making all of our different ideas fit a joint story. I do not think you guys will be disappointed.
Yeah, things just got started and I'm already enjoying it.

Thanks again Avner and Slothrop for running this!
Old Jul 5th, 2016, 03:06 PM
Peace was never an option
Good People  

Event Judge  

Hall of Fame DM 2017

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 35380
Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner
I just want to apologize if I am slow to respond this week/month. I am currently participating in Outplay which can be pretty time intensive. If I make it all the way through the latest it will run is till the end of the month. There are a lot of good players running this year so I expect I will be free before then
Old Jul 5th, 2016, 05:00 PM
Downers 4th Regiment CO

Tools
User Statistics
Damn Outplay!! Always making people respond slower....!!!

No worries! Good luck in Outplay though. We will still be here.
Old Jul 5th, 2016, 10:40 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
No worries Avner