RPG Crossing
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Dec 14th, 2016, 07:06 PM
Downers 4th Regiment CO

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10470
Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart
Nice to see a new face. Still around, lurking.
Old Dec 14th, 2016, 07:10 PM
Peace was never an option
Good People  

Event Judge  

Hall of Fame DM 2017

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 35380
Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner
Sorry works been busy trying to finish the program I am working on and lifrs been crazy with the holidays. Update coming soon as i can.
Old Dec 16th, 2016, 04:15 PM
Good People  

Event Judge  

Hall of Fame DM 2017

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zareaus View Post
Looks like I'll be joining in the fun.

Also I saw not everyone might have NWoD resources.

This is good for reference: http://wodcodex.com/wiki/Main_Page

And if you are in need of actual PDFs, PM me. (I have just about all of them & with them pretty much out of print I don't feel bad letting people use them.)
Just set up a Character Thread. I realized we never actually talked about the details of your character so if you want to get yourself setup there I will tie you in.

Last edited by Avner; Dec 16th, 2016 at 04:17 PM.
Old Dec 17th, 2016, 12:42 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 213
Zareaus Zareaus Zareaus
Ok, you want me to add a post or you want to do all the posting in that thread?

Old Dec 17th, 2016, 12:47 PM
Good People  

Event Judge  

Hall of Fame DM 2017

Tools
User Statistics
Go ahead and post there I just copied over the existing stuff from the solo threads. If we get anyone else they will be using that thread too.
Old Dec 19th, 2016, 09:47 AM
Good People  

Event Judge  

Hall of Fame DM 2017

Tools
User Statistics
Awesome character Zareous. I read it over the weekend and it really got my wheels turning. It actually spawned the weaving of the story in my brain so everything has come together in an amazing concrete way. I am super excited to pour a ton of energy into this game, but of course work is really crazy today.

I can promise you as soon as I get the top there will be some solid posts up that are going to pull this thing together and stuff moving. I also am going to flesh this out more into a traditional group so that we can keep that positive energy going. I plan on throwing up a recruitment post for one or two more players within the next 24-48 hours, after I get your posts up.

Back to work for now as soon as I can I will get everything together!!
Old Dec 20th, 2016, 01:13 PM
Good People  

Event Judge  

Hall of Fame DM 2017

Tools
User Statistics
So now that I have a better understanding of the system and we are merging together the games I went through the character sheets and noticed that we actually missed a big piece of the Chronicles of Darkness by not setting your Aspirations. Its something we can easily do now though and will help you earn Beats which are what drives Experience.

5 Beats = 1 Experience. We can get into that later if you don't understand it but for now I just need you to come up with some Aspirations.

Aspirations:

Chronicles of Darkness characters start with three Aspirations. Aspirations are goals that your character wishes to accomplish. They’re also statements about the sort of stories you want to tell about your character. Accomplishing an Aspiration is one of the main ways you can earn Beats to improve your character. You should aim for accomplishing about one Aspiration per session.

Ideally, you should have a mix of Aspirations, some of which can be resolved in one session, and some which will take many sessions to accomplish. If you know that your character is going to start
out hitchhiking, “Find a place to stay the night” is a perfectly reasonable Aspiration. If she recently had a fight with her girlfriend, “Reconcile with Jane” is a fine Aspiration.

Sample Short-Term Aspirations
  • Find a new job.
  • Find out why my sister hasn’t called me back.
  • Get beat up by the school bully.
  • Go on a date with the new guy at work.
  • Indulge my addiction.
  • Mug someone.
  • Put myself in mortal danger.
  • See a ghost.
  • Show myself that I’m not cursed.

Sample Long-Term Aspirations
  • Become a parent.
  • Destroy the beast that killed my lover.
  • Discover what happened when my father
  • disappeared.
  • Figure out what happened during those weeks I
  • can’t remember.
  • Find my soul mate.
  • Find out what was really living in the culvert near
  • my childhood home.
  • Prove that my mother isn’t crazy.
  • Put my daughter’s ghost to rest.

Each of you should pick out 2 short term aspirations and one long term aspiration. This will allow us to develop your characters as the story develops.

I want to tell you all that I am totally loving all three of your characters and you have definitely inspired a large story arc I have planned. Now that I have a better understanding of the mechanics we are using I plan on getting everything squared away so that we can really get moving.
Old Dec 20th, 2016, 05:13 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Zareaus Zareaus Zareaus
Your mixing your systems...... I'll reference the creature types people are playing & other popular ones for reference.

There is OWoD (Vampire Masquerade with Camarilla/Sabbat, Werewolf Garu with tribes, Changeling the Dreaming with selie & unselie), NWoD (Vampire Requiem with clans & covenants, Geist, Promethean, Changeling the Lost with courts, Werewolf Forsaken, etc.), CWoD is essentially a renaming of NWoD and is coming out with 2.0 version similar to "revised OWoD" {The renaming with the revising leads to no end in confusion for casual players.}

Chronicles of Darkness is essentially what most people are calling the NWoD 2.0 version & doesn't actually mesh great with 1.0, plus the only 2.0 books out are vamp & mage. (and their mechanics are really different.) 2.0 is what has the "beats" and such.

If you want the iconic NWoD cross venue we should stick with the standard NWoD books. (God Machine is kinda 1.5 & also not a good mesh. Basically all the books from 2004-2014 is what you want. Well except the 2 new BNS LARP books for OWoD)

PS, I LARP weekly & ST in the Mind's Eye Society, part of the Camarilla Global Fanclub for White Wolf

Last edited by Zareaus; Dec 20th, 2016 at 05:23 PM.
Old Dec 21st, 2016, 01:54 AM
Just an addicted gamer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5152
Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur

For my character, if it is still needed, the aspirations are :
Short-Term Aspirations
1. Find the Tammara girl or avenge her
2. Learning better of his 'gift'

Long-Term Aspirations
Enlarging my business into a respectable position (or leading in the field) and show to his family that he also a champion, not a failure
Old Dec 21st, 2016, 06:44 AM
Good People  

Event Judge  

Hall of Fame DM 2017

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zareaus View Post
Chronicles of Darkness is essentially what most people are calling the NWoD 2.0 version & doesn't actually mesh great with 1.0, plus the only 2.0 books out are vamp & mage. (and their mechanics are really different.) 2.0 is what has the "beats" and such.
So I took a second look, the main motivation for me to go with 2nd Edition is that it plays very well between the systems. I am currently playing in a 2ed mix came on site as well and I'm loving the dynamic. Meaning a Promethean can play beside a Vampire much more easily in 2e. Speaking of which, they actually released Promethean this month and have already released Vampire, Werewolf, and Mage. They are releasing Changeling and Hunter next year as well. So the big 'hurdle' would be Gheist.

So I did what any self respecting storyteller would do and I took to the interwebs to find an answer and wouldn't you know I got one!

So as long as I don't take on a Hunter or a Changeling we should be in good shape. I will pick up the 2nd Ed Promethean as soon as the holiday is over and I am sure I am not getting it then. So for the next four days we should be good to roleplay before any major mechanics changes effect us.

Does that seem to meet your concerns about going 2nd Ed with this game? I wouldn't expect you to pick up the Promethean book of course and should be able to guide you with my copy when needed.
Old Dec 21st, 2016, 06:47 AM
Good People  

Event Judge  

Hall of Fame DM 2017

Tools
User Statistics
Found another one that might work better.
Old Dec 21st, 2016, 02:23 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Zareaus Zareaus Zareaus
I will have to look over the Promethean rules for 2.0, I didn't think it was released yet.
Old Dec 22nd, 2016, 07:43 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Zareaus Zareaus Zareaus
So until I get a 2.0 to look over, what has changed for Promethean?
Old Dec 24th, 2016, 07:43 PM
Downers 4th Regiment CO

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10470
Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart
I'm here and reading this. Responding tonight or tomorrow to this thread and game thread. Need time to think plus holidays. On that note happy holidays if you celebrate. I'm working at a bar so I'll do a shot for us.
Old Dec 24th, 2016, 07:49 PM
Good People  

Event Judge  

Hall of Fame DM 2017

Tools
User Statistics
Zareaus I have a copy but need to look it over to answer that. Christmas has me quite busy at the moment with three young ones.

SageheartbI am starting tovwonder of you are actually your character but I will certainly toast to your fortune as well! No rush answering as ill be pretty busy for the next 24 hours.

Happy holidays everyone, wish you all the best and looking forward to hammering out the details after the weekend.