Game Thread Heroes in the Darkness: Chapter 1 - Page 10 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > World of Darkness > Heroes in the Darkness - Living World NWoD Chronicle
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Jun 10th, 2017, 08:29 AM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9594
Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon
"White marble? We're in an industrial area - they build stuff, they ship stuff, and white marble is a common material. I bet I can find at least a little lying around - even just raw stuff might be literally buried in the ground. Gimme ten minutes to take a look."

Calliope pulls of her necklace, a large cabochon of grey-brown rutillated quartz hanging from a leather string and begins to wander down the road away from the building swinging the necklace in figure-eights and quietly singing. True to her word, she returns ten minutes later - scowling.

"I suppose it is possible that an angel allergic to white marble may have expended some effort into ensuring that there isn't any just lying around in an area where they work..."

OOCTrue story, when I was about eight years old, I found this big slab of white marble that must have (literally) fallen off the back of a truck, lying shattered on the side of the road on my street. So it is totally something that could realistically be found quickly with Shifting the Odds. I'm using 1 Reach for Immediacy and 2 Yantras - High Speech and a Path Tool (+3 dice)... and I failed my roll :/

Last edited by Ratpigeon; Jun 10th, 2017 at 08:33 AM.
Old Jun 10th, 2017, 09:17 AM
Catch Phrase

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2634
mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb
No wait it doesnt-
Calliope had already taken off. Kren rolled his eyes and continued to plan with the others what they could without one of their members. Eventually she came back looking dejected.
It is entirely irrelevant wether we have any or not. We can't beat him. Running is our only viable option should he show up. Do you really want some anyway?
Old Jun 12th, 2017, 02:50 AM
Just an addicted gamer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5152
Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur
Elijah is quite lost upon hearing Kren, Calliope and Dan's conversation. He couldn't keep up with their conversation, but then something is dawning upon them. He is quite shocked and couldn't help but tries to confirm something : "You mean that except Vampire and their, 'ghoul', there are Angels too?"

He almost couldn't believe that Angel and Vampire are cooperating together. It just like his conception upon right and wrong is broken apart and need to be evaluated, piece by piece.

"Are there demon and zombie too?"

Old Jun 12th, 2017, 04:24 AM
Catch Phrase

Tools
User Statistics
Yeah they exist. It's not like the bible though so if your worried about you eternal soul or whatever then don't. If that God exists we only pretend to have any relation to him. Although they do do that quite often.
Kren wondered how much he should tell Elijah and the others. It's not like the God-machine was omnipotent or omniscient but it sure felt like it most of the time. Was it better to just not know the full extent?
Angels helped set this up. Well, I helped set this up. It was the orders given to me by the God-Machine. Disobeying and deciding it was perhaps not good to kill innocent people is what made me fall. If it helps think of them as occult machines serving another very powerful occult machine. Any angel that disobeys that machine, even if only for a very brief moment, falls. They gain true free will and are destined to spend the rest of their existence hiding from their former peers amongst humanity.
Might as well rip this band-aid off right now.
Im not an expert by any means. I was made with a limited scope and sort of lost access to a lot when I became a demon. But to my knowledge everything exists. In some form or another. Or humans apply the same term to multiple different types of creatures. Demon could refer to like 5 very different things. Nathaniel likes to bind ghosts to machines. Making a corpse move is not to hard at all.

Last edited by mjb; Jun 12th, 2017 at 04:28 AM.
Old Jun 12th, 2017, 05:09 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 213
Zareaus Zareaus Zareaus
"His angels are similar to the Qashmallim I know about, at least close enough to consider them cousins and probably related somehow. Among my kind they are know to show up to edge the direction things are going, or in some cases a huge shove off a cliff.

I've been called a demon before, as well as a number of other monstrous terms, it's why I wear the mask. Though in all reality I'm probably closer to a zombie than anything else that's been listed off. "
He gives a shrug as he finishes. "Welcome to the darker reality of the world?" More a statement then an actual question.
Old Jun 12th, 2017, 11:06 PM
Just an addicted gamer

Tools
User Statistics
*HA HA HA HA*

Elijah laughs bitterly. Now, he feels trapped unto something that way his scope of understanding and there is no way back from it. However, given time, he would cope with it.

After get out that bitter laugh from his chest, he feels better. So he says : "Okay, since I am new with it, I must ask something : Can they be killed by ordinary ammo? After all, in the myth Vampire is not really care about bullets and werewolves only be harmed by silver. So how we can kill the angel? Or at least banish them off the site."

Old Jun 12th, 2017, 11:51 PM
Catch Phrase

Tools
User Statistics
Sometimes. If they materialise you can hit them and do damage. Otherwise you need some way to effect twilight beings. Kinda like punching a ghost. They each have their own bans and banes. Things they can't do and things that hurt them like I already told you. Vampires are corporeal. You can kill them with the same stuff you use to kill a human it's just harder and typically takes longer. They burn pretty quick with fire though.
Silver would be an issue for the group now that they had a werewolf.
Im not 100% on silver. Let's not try it today.
Old Jun 13th, 2017, 12:41 PM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9594
Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon
"So the Cliff notes version is Angels: GTFO, Vampires: Kill it with Fire, Ghouls: Business as usual, I will admit, I prefer to minimise my murder sprees, but considering that these people have been murdering innocents, I can be flexible today. The plan is lie through our - particularly Kren's - teeth until that stops working, try to rescue as many people we can and get out. I suggest we maybe torch the place on the way out, so that the Vampires can't regroup? The last question, really is if we wait for dawn, which seems like the better bet, so long as it won't be too suspicious." Calliope lists each of her points off on her fingers, clearly impatient, then stifles a yawn. "Also, while most of you guys probably have supernatural endurance, if we are waiting for dawn, I'm going to have a nap."
Old Jun 13th, 2017, 02:22 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Zareaus Zareaus Zareaus
"Sounds like the plan & I agree dawn is best. Though do me a favor and don't light me on fire while going after the vamps, burnt flesh is not fun....I'd rather get shot or stabbed."

(Thought we already decided on dawn. I'm ready to go whenever.)
Old Jun 14th, 2017, 12:27 AM
Just an addicted gamer

Tools
User Statistics
Elijah nods toward the plan. Well, at least they have a rough plan and since Elijah is quite new with this scenario. He would defer to the others. Except one thing with fire.

He asks : "Then how about prepare some molotov or gasoline so when we strike, we have enough combustible to take them out?"

Old Jun 14th, 2017, 02:12 AM
Catch Phrase

Tools
User Statistics
You mean by siphoning from the SUV? Hold on.
Kren takes out his smart phone and turns it on. He then searches for the nearest gas station.
If we are waiting until dawn how about we go to a station and pick some gas up? Going to need some bottles. Only real problem is the need to smuggle them in. They may wonder why we smell like gas.
Old Jun 14th, 2017, 08:44 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Zareaus Zareaus Zareaus
"I'm all for just going in right after dawn, the quicker the better for saving people.
But if we are going to take all that prep time might as well rent a cheap room a couple hours. Let her nap & whoever smells like gas can shower. And if we are going to this much prep is there anything else we can do to help with the lie? "
Jason seems a bit annoyed at any big delays past dawn, but he understands some of the others here are a lot easier to kill and can't run away as well as him.
Old Jun 14th, 2017, 11:11 PM
Just an addicted gamer

Tools
User Statistics
Elijah hears Jason words and agrees with it, so he responds positively : "I agree with him. Some of us needs rest and eat as well. We will attack them after dawn, so maximize the light exposure and make sure that most vampires are sleeping. After all, we need to make molotov cocktails and other arrangements."

He also checks out his phone to see whether there is a message from his employer.

Old Jun 16th, 2017, 12:35 PM
Peace was never an option
Good People  

Event Judge  

Hall of Fame DM 2017

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 35380
Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner
As Elijah looks down at his phone he sees a response from his employer and quickly brings it up on the screen.

FORGET ABOUT THE GIRL.
IDENTIFY WHO IS RUNNING THE OPERATION.
WILL ROUTE YOU ADDITIONAL FUNDS FOR INFORMATION.
SEND US YOUR LOCATION ASAP.

An instant later he gets another notification, this one a push notification from his bank account.

"New Deposit made to the account. Deposit of $5000 available immediately. "

It was clear that his employer intended to motivate him.

The group had decided they were going to act just after dawn. Gathering up they got into the SUV and drove back to a connecting road finding the first motel they could. It was in the lower tier of establisments but it would do. 'Clown Motel' was hung above the office as Elijah went in and booked two rooms. A moment later they had two adjoining rooms and were all sitting in the air conditioned rooms making final preparations before they went back to the warehouse. Come dawn it would be time to finally enter the place.

Old Jun 17th, 2017, 06:15 AM
Catch Phrase

Tools
User Statistics
Kren flopped on a bed. Humanity had it's ups and downs. As terrible as being tired was it was almost offset by the relief of hitting a soft surface meant for the respite of passing out and vividly hallucinating for several hours. Not that we was likely to sleep to much.
So, molotovs? Might be hard to sneak them in.