Game Thread Heroes in the Darkness: Chapter 1 - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > World of Darkness > Heroes in the Darkness - Living World NWoD Chronicle
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Feb 9th, 2017, 12:52 AM
Just an addicted gamer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5152
Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur
Kieron's response made Elijah uncomfortable. There should be something big going on behind the scene which made Kieron didn't want to say them in this stressful condition. This made him fully concentrate his mind to drive. And luckily that he did because the van suddenly lurch back and forth as it zigzagged through the street avoiding various cars while trying to throw off its pursuer like a bronco at a rodeo. Elijah was barely able to tail the van before the van hit stray pothole and toppled to the side.

Since he was renting a SUV, he managed to stop his car safely on the nice distant. He wanted to shout to Kieron to stay at the van, but his coldness chilled Elijah. After talking about a show, Elijah couldn't stand it anymore and asked : "Show? What show? I need the man alive so he can answer my questions." If Kieron doesn't give him a good reason, Elijah is prepared to go out and storm the van to save the guy. He doesn't want his research ends just because the guy dies in front of him when he can save him easily.

Old Feb 10th, 2017, 09:11 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 42
Arudin
Dan almost cries out in terror as the van topples, and perhaps he does in the chaos. When he gets himself right side up again he spies one of the women jimmying the door open. "Thank you," he says as they exit the vehicle.

But once outside the situation seems to get worse. He gapes a little as two others seem to be contemplating killing one of the kidnappers almost conversationally. "Shouldn't we call the police?" He tries to add.
Old Feb 12th, 2017, 07:49 PM
Peace was never an option
Good People  

Event Judge  

Hall of Fame DM 2017

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 35380
Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner
The door opens with a click as the young girl works the lock. The large man that was on top of the van calls over to check on them just as they work their way out. Suddenly in the front of the van they here a crash as someon ed kicks out the windshield. They can here the sound of crumpled glass and movement as the ghouls work their way out of tbe van. To those who were unaware of what they were facing the condition of the van proved that a normal human driver should at least be seriously injured. These three men all seemed to be much more resilient.

ooc
Beat an initiative of 4 to act first.
Old Feb 12th, 2017, 09:04 PM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9594
Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon
Calliope's cocky grin - undaunted by waking up tied up in the back of a van, or that van subsequently crashing - freezes as she sees the three men clambering out of the shattered windshield.

Should have thought this through... She backs up, pulling out one of her knives - not that she can actually envisage herself throwing it at someone, now that such a situation is actually at hand - her other hand closes around the silver coin in her pocket as she starts weaving a protective cloak of good luck around herself. Now that she finally has these kidnappers in a position where she might be able to do something about them, she realises that she is woefully ill equipped to extract information from hostile people who are clearly a lot stronger and tougher than any normal human, let alone her own scrawny self.

Whoops.

OOOCInitiative 9,
Spending 1 mana to activate Mage Armour (Fate) attainment (now I have 8 defense till end of scene, including vs. Firearms)

Last edited by Ratpigeon; Feb 12th, 2017 at 09:07 PM.
Old Feb 13th, 2017, 12:38 AM
Catch Phrase

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2634
mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb
Kren was not happy. He expected some sort of fight at some point but certainly not this early. He was not good in a fight as a human. He didn't even have a weapon. So he decided to change that. No sense being discrete if it got him killed after all. He might have forgotten most of what he knew as angel but he still new some tricks. From a quantum perspective he could very well have something like say... a Steyr Tactical machine Pistol in his coat. They didn't really frisk him. He decided he did in fact have such a weapon. He reached into his fairly heavy coat and pulled out exactly that. He switched the fire rate to short burst. He had no spare clips so he had to make these ones count. Disbelief only goes so far. He would risk the God-machine catching wind if he tried this again to get more bullets. He aimed the gun at the ghouls and said.
Ya'll are really, really stupid. You do know that right? Sure you want to do this?

OOCUses 'In My Pocket' Embed to get a small SMG. Let me know if this stretches suspension of disbelief to much to say that they didn't check him well enough to make this power no good. I'll change my post.

Last edited by mjb; Feb 13th, 2017 at 12:41 AM.
Old Feb 13th, 2017, 01:48 AM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon
Calliope's head snaps around to the scraggly looking journalist as he flares into existence in her peripheral vision, a twist of abused probability igniting like phosphorescence. She raises her eyebrow as he produces a large pistol and then deliberately looks away. Maybe the man is a mage from another Consilium, maybe he is something else - she will ask him later. For now, she doesn't need reality catching on to this little incident.

"By all means, go first." She says to the man with the gun, giving him and his pistol a wide berth. Even after ten years living in this country, she still can't quite believe how believable his ownership of that pistol is and the matte, cold iron makes her shiver, as she positions herself to offer the other two women in the van some measure of protection.
Old Feb 13th, 2017, 05:18 AM
Just an addicted gamer

Tools
User Statistics
Elijah saw the door opened and then there are some guys there while three men get out from the ****ing windshields!!!!! What's going on here? Elijah is baffled, so he immediately draw his bloody gun and unlock its safety. Immediately, he feels like he is on fever, his hand is red hot, like gripping something that burned.

Since he has no idea who are friends and who are foes in this situation, he shouts : "All hands in the air!!! Nobody moves!!!" while shifting his gun to the various people that he can see. The worst thing is if they decide to go away in separate direction, he couldn't do anything. So he decides to settle his gun toward the guy on the photo.

Old Feb 13th, 2017, 11:03 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 213
Zareaus Zareaus Zareaus
After seeing the victims climbing out safe he decides its time for answers. He hears the guy yell & figures he was following like him, if not....well one problem at a time. "You can shoot me in the back & I'll deal with you next, but first I'm going to get some answers from these as$holes." He yells back to guy off to the side as he walks up to the closest ghoul and 3 successes +1 from gun = 4shoots it in the leg "That's a warning shot.......Now..... you-all going to answer my questions or I can shoot each of you till you change your minds."

Last edited by Zareaus; Feb 16th, 2017 at 09:38 AM. Reason: spelling
Old Feb 14th, 2017, 04:06 PM
Downers 4th Regiment CO

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10470
Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart
Kieron glanced at his newest acquaintance with a slightly raised eyebrow. With one broad sweep of his hand he motions to the situation before them. Wouldnt you call this a show. Seems like something that any of us would see on Netflix or the like. He took another long drag of his cigarette. I want one alive too, I got my own questions for them.

As Elijah took out his handgun and a few of the once captives did the same Kieron started to take on a less relaxed stance. He always hated guns. Slamming the car door he slowly strolled towards the ghouls. I know you recognize me. Got a bit in over your head. Would think with work like this you could have at least left me a dollar on those whiskeys you had last week. smoke curled from his mouth, flavorless to the vampire. Now you've turned a lot of heads lately, not counting these He glanced over at the group. People. I can call the lot of you that right? At least in this stage of our relationship. Turning back to the ghouls he spoke with
Dice intimidate and composure:
4d10 2, 5, 8, 1 Total = 16
meance. My mistress has many questions for you, and as you know you do not tempt her wrath, no matter what vamp is protecting you. With these last words he looks around hoping to see if any of these people caught onto his words. Usually he wouldn't be so open but something told him these were not ordinary people.
Old Feb 16th, 2017, 12:39 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 42
Arudin
Dan's face twists in confusion, staring incredulously as three men emerge from the wrecked portion of the vehicle, seemingly unharmed. He backs away slowly, coming to a sudden stop as another man, wielding a gun, begins barking out orders. "Hey, hey," he says cautiously, "No need for that."

He complies, raising both hands up, palms out, in a defensive posture.
Old Feb 16th, 2017, 01:11 AM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
"We seem to be getting some wires crossed, gentlemen." Calliope says, looking around the group at the frankly distressing number of firearms. "You two who were following our lovely... hosts... you have both been trying to track these people down to ask a few polite questions and make some pointed suggestions about why they are doing this, and how they should not. Right? The journalist with a gun and myself have a similar goal, as does mister Action Movie, going by his words. I don't know about this other man - he could be a lucky coincidence, or a hapless Sleeper trying to play hero. But at present I would say all six of us are very much on the same side, and have the goal of subduing the kidnappers, as opposed to throwing threats and aiming guns at each other. Okay?" Calliope resists the urge to make a caustic remark about the male obsession with comparative anatomy, instead filing away the man with the cigarette's words - Mistress and 'Vamp' in particular.
Old Feb 16th, 2017, 01:29 AM
Just an addicted gamer

Tools
User Statistics
Elijah sees that one of the guy draw his own pistol, but towards the guy in the photo and not him. And his words make Elijah thinks that there are a lot of people that want the guy, maybe for the same reason as he does. So Elijah tries to not panic and be 'cool'.

But what he sees next amazed him to no end. The bartender, Kieron, approaches the guy and then threaten him. What is his problem? Why does he look like he knows them well enough? And who is his 'mistress'? His boss? And what is the 'vamp' thing? Vampire? Are they real? Elijah has suspicion that whatever Kieron doesn't want to say back then may blow his mind away.

Elijah ignores another man that raises his hands up. There are more pressing issues than looking for one person that looks like harmless. And then a girl is butting her way in. Elijah is feeling depressed and not happy at all. What the hell happened here? Sleeper? Who the hell is that? But one thing right though, they need to cooperate rather than letting them escape.

So Elijah responds : "I come here for seeking a girl that he may kidnapped couple weeks ago. So as long as I get my turn on him, I will be glad to cooperate." Although his blood boil, the chaos from the current situation makes him a little bit sober. But Elijah doesn't know until how long he can keep his Wrath away. Moreover Burning Police's urge is still making his adrenaline pumped.

Old Feb 17th, 2017, 01:16 PM
Peace was never an option
Good People  

Event Judge  

Hall of Fame DM 2017

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 35380
Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner
Everyone starts to get their barings as they make their way out of the van. Calliope quickly weaves a magical defense while Kren manages to pull a weapon out of his pocket. Kieron and Elijah get out of their car after having some disagreement on the tone of what was happening. To Kieron this was all to crazy to be real, it was like some tv show or something, but for Elijah this was what was real. It was another day on the job, or at least it had been. Quickly he used his law enforcement background to try and call order to the situation while Kieron tried to get the attention of the Ghoul he recognized from the bar.

Just as the ghoul looked up the man who had been car surfing a moment before. Looking towards Kieron the man quickly made his intentions clear and then shot the ghoul in the knee.

"Mother..f.... "he cried out to the other two with him. "He just shot me in the knee!"he cried out. Looking back at Kieron he asked "Friends of yours barkeep? Well I got friends of my own! Get 'em boys!"he called out

The two other ghouls charge forward one going straight towards Jason while the other went identified Kieron as the next most dangerous target. As they came close the lashed out trying land a blow on both of the would be attackers. The first slammed a fist into the middle of Jason's chest but the large man just seemed to stand there brushing off the hard blow.

Kieron put up his arms just in time to glance of the other ghoul's blow as it caught him off balance and was unable to cause and alsting damage. The Ghould he had recognized seemed to suddenly be digging in the front seat of the van for something.

NameBashingLethalAggravated
Ghoul 1020
Ghoul 2000
Ghoul 2000

OODM
Both blows hit but neither one did enough to get past either of your Defense so no damage taken.

Last edited by Avner; Feb 17th, 2017 at 01:17 PM.
Old Feb 17th, 2017, 01:54 PM
Catch Phrase

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2634
mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb
Kren was hopeful when the new vampire approached the ghoul. Maybe this could work. Those hopes got dashed pretty quick as the one from the roof shot that ghoul in the leg. Things sort of went downhill from there. Fortunately it seemed that the other man with a gun and roof-guy seemed able to defend themselves alright. So instead Kren aimed his gun at the one limping along to the van to search for something (which kren he assumed was a gun). Well. Kren really only needed one of them alive, so he wouldn't have to tell the others where to go himself. Besides he knew what was happening to those who were taken. The bastard deserved to die. He aimed his new gun at the man as he got to the van, much faster then a normal human should considering his leg, and fire a burst of three bullets.
Bad choice!
The comment carried, ambiguous as to who it was intended.
Kren then ran and took some cover behind the other side of the van so as to not be in the line of fire.

Last edited by mjb; Feb 21st, 2017 at 01:37 AM.
Old Feb 17th, 2017, 04:00 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 213
Zareaus Zareaus Zareaus
Jason was fairly sure these guys weren't human and thinks to himself; Good it won't hurt my Pilgrimage if I don't hold back.

He yells back in Kieron's direction. "So I take you know these f*ckers? Do we need to keep one alive or you know where they were going & who they work for?"

He fires at the head of one that just punched him, obviously not leader so no need to keep him alive.
(9 Lethal to head & if he's alive he's stunned)

He then continues walking to the van. "Limp your as$ back out here and start talking or I'm gonna blow off that other leg"

Last edited by Zareaus; Feb 17th, 2017 at 04:01 PM.