Game Thread Heroes in the Darkness: Chapter 1 - Page 5 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > World of Darkness > Heroes in the Darkness - Living World NWoD Chronicle
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Apr 2nd, 2017, 11:47 PM
Just an addicted gamer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5152
Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur
Elijah feels a bit elated that he is not the only human. At least there is Owen. Kieron is a vampire professor!?? Elijah is quite speechless to accept this new information. Do his students even know this? No, maybe not. In this age of social media, this havoc may become next season of True Blood.

And then there is Jason that said he is mostly human. WTF!? Mostly human??? What is that supposed to mean? A vampire was human and geist is still human plus a spirit within. Mage is a human with some sort of spells and stuff. What is mostly human all about?

Next is a woman who said something odd like Sleeper. But if Sleeper is someone who sleep or unaware, so in Elijah's train of thought, he maybe a sleeper as well. But sadly now, he was aware. And he was already proud of his power. But now he realizes that his power maybe only worth as fart in face upon these people.

So now, what should he do? Looking for better option, he decides to say : "OK, since none of you are fond with the police, I will send them to the police after this. Or maybe not. But for now, I... maybe we all need some answers from them. So how about we ask them in turn? Then we can decide what to do with them."

Old Apr 3rd, 2017, 04:08 PM
Peace was never an option
Good People  

Event Judge  

Hall of Fame DM 2017

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 35380
Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner
Once the group had done their best at sorting out who was what, a question strange enough in itself, it became apparent what they really needed were answers and Kieron had already started to ask the questions. As he went back toward the ghoul the captor looked ready to spill.

"Okay, okay. So, it's not what you think. Well I mean it IS, but it's different." he seemed to ramble a bit. "Their not Elders or whatever you call them. It's a bunch of Younglings, they're calling themselves the Bloods Childe's or something. Some sort of play on words." he explained. "They seem to have come together from a bunch of different clans. Whatever they got planned is big. They say we're going to control the city!" the ghoul seemed to get excited as he starts to explain it, he obviously had bought into whatever these childe vampires had sold him.

"All I know is I am supposed to grab up people who won't be missed or can't be tracked and bring 'em to the warehouse. From there I don't know what happens." he then looks over toward Elijah. "It's not for feeding if that is what you're thinking. We grabbed way too many for that, besides they could easily hunt them on their own. They don't need ghouls for that, no this is something bigger." he had the sound of a fanatic. He was part of something and he was very proud of it, even if he was trying not to be.
Old Apr 4th, 2017, 03:47 AM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9594
Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon
"Where is the warehouse, and do you know any of the leaders of this... movement?" Calliope grimaces as she has a sudden, awful premonition of what these upstart vampires might be doing with all of their abductees. She's a gambling woman, and she would be willing to put a lot of money behind the theory that the 'Blood's Childe' are making more vampires.

She pulls out her coin and flips it, not looking at what face it lands on as she gears up to do some fast-talking. The nurse is probably already skirting dangerously close to Quiescence, and needs to get away from this before she has some sort of induced psychotic break. She turns to the nurse and the Latino man helping her.

"Okay, miss - do you think that they'll be okay long enough for an ambulance to get here? We can't be certain that they won't have some sort of backup on the way, so you two and the other young lady need to get away from here as soon as possible. All three of you need to head down that street - " She points in the direction of the van's skidmarks, and beyond that, the twinkling lights of New York at night. "Call someone as soon as you get out of sight, get them to pick you up. You were randomly targeted, so if there is a cavalry, they'll be coming here, they won't be looking for you. My group has been tracking these guys for weeks. We've got it handled from here." She gestures for the man who answered 'Mostly Human' to resume first aid duties as she pulls a scrap of paper out of her pocket and scribbles her number on it. "If you get in this kind of trouble again, call this number. Ask for the Mistigris." Calliope would be the first to admit that she's getting a little melodramatic here, but she's always wanted to pretend to be a spy, and well, she is a storyteller.

Last edited by Ratpigeon; Apr 4th, 2017 at 12:32 PM.
Old Apr 4th, 2017, 07:58 AM
Catch Phrase

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2634
mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb
This man was an utter imbecile.
You honestly think these people arent being drained? You are a complete idiot. Even if they dont drink them themselves there are tons of others who would love to simply buy blood without worrying about having to hunt and why grab them themselves when there is some stupid lunk head willing to do it for them? How else do you think they are going to get control over the others? They clearly want to control the blood economy. That is the only use their kind has for anything with a pulse. The people you take are drained and killed.
He hoped the nurse would be smart enough to realize that she needed to leave. She had heard enough to figure out that what was happening was not normal. Hopefully she would take that and know she needs to just leave before anything else happens. The others seemed like they would follow her.

Last edited by mjb; Apr 4th, 2017 at 08:03 AM.
Old Apr 5th, 2017, 06:26 PM
Downers 4th Regiment CO

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10470
Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart
"Feth, It almost feels like all you despise me. We don't leave everyone that way, who would operate during daylight hours for us. Plus I prefer to dine at the same places, I'm a man of ritual. Why drain the whole bottle in one sip so to speak. Though I know this isn't very customary for most of our kind." The vampire wary eyed these new aquanences. Usually the non-vampires that came by the bar were less oppositional towards his kind. Of course the bar was a safe place for all, and many of them were capable or influencial in their own right. And it wasn't like we only served blood wine and beer. They still hadn't found a cost effecient way to instill it in burbeon. Vodka was easy, but the taste. Kieron couldn't help but shutter at the thought, such cheap half-baked quality crap.

His mind quickly switched back. He was started to get annoyed by how slow this was going. A lack of patience had been another personality change he had noted during his eventually transformation. "Yes, that is what I do for a living, provide a safe, comfortable, and simple place for my kind to enjoy their fill without the hunt. The blood market is a profitable business, and I will say we aren't stupid enough to drain and kill everyone to the point. It would give too much attention our way, and involve police which as you've learned I don't really enjoy interacting with."

Turning to Calliope, Kieron spoke tonelessly. "I don't understand how humans can vote a man in office who bombs places like Syria destroying people's homes and livelihood yet have an issue removing a couple of kidnappers, and pawns to a group of childish vampires at that. Pausing as if in recollection. "Well I guess I did understand that once. Empathy thats what is required. Or is it Sympathy. Now that's a philosophical debate for sure. His words seem to fade back into his mind, as if the middle age vampire was conversing with himself more than anyone else. Shaking it off, he gives another fake facade of happy compliance. "But if that is your preference I will concede to your judgment. I can enthrall our mortal guests to reinact a simiar sequence to distract them long enough if you would find that helpful.

"The Blood Childe? Humorous name. An union of clans too, very interesting. Making more vampires I would assumed, ones to thicken their numbers and make them an actual threat to the older elders. Or at least make them feel like one. Plus it goes against the rules, or I would assume that weren't consulting with the princes. I am sure the Prince of Brooklyn would not be so kean about an influx of childe produced vampires. With these final words the vampire waits to see how the ghouls respond to Calliope's question. That was all the knowledge he needed before returning to speak to his mistress.
Old Apr 7th, 2017, 10:52 AM
Good People  

Event Judge  

Hall of Fame DM 2017

Tools
User Statistics
The nurse hearing a bit more than any mortal who wanted to maintain their sainity should quickly grabbed the piece of paper Calliope handed her, the one bastion of safety she had been given. It was enough to keep her about her wits as she quickly nodded and hustled off. The man who had been helping her was still on his knees the silver instrument she had handed him had apparently caused him some sort of burn and he seemed bewildered by that and the course of events transpiring around them.

The ghoul on the other hand was suddenly realizing the impact of what his masters had been up to, they were carving out a niche alright, right in the middle of the most profitable industry for vampire kind, the blood trade. Kieron was a perfect example of how far that economic bastion reached and the impacts it had that trickled through ownership of such an important economic activity.

"Control the blood economy?" he seemed to whisper to himself. "They just told us that the days of the monarchy were over, that they were building up a new Capitalist Regime with the Childe...the monarchy was out dated, it was an ancient concept. They said Capitalism was King now." he seemed trying to justify it to himself but realized logic was suddenly shooting holes through his plans.

"I... I swear I didn't know. I'll make it right. I can give you the address and directions. The warehouse is about thirty miles out of the city. Real remote so that no one asks questions."

The Ghoul gives up the information the sought and as quickly as that they had their first lead. They knew where the people were being taken. Suddenly the ghoul looked up again.

"So what now? What happens to me? If I go back they will kill me."
Old Apr 9th, 2017, 11:36 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 213
Zareaus Zareaus Zareaus
He looks to Kieron, "From what you have said you survive just fine without the need to resort to hurting anyone, so I have no issue with you. I won't despise you for what you are, I know how it feels to have the world hate you just because of what you are."

He turns to the group. "So we have upstarts possibly creating an army or trying to take over a controlled supply with uncontrolled measured, or both. I say we go to this warehouse and teach them a lesson. Though since it sounds like they might be building an army if you have reinforcements to put on standby I would make those calls, unfortunately I'm a loner so no back-up for me to call." He pauses for a second. "Any of you happen to be super strong or got any other tricks to move things? We could take that van so they don't see us coming."

(OOC- Is there a street light, transformer, or anything like that nearby? And is the van still running even though it crashed? I might top off before we go running into another combat.)

Last edited by Zareaus; Apr 10th, 2017 at 12:18 AM.
Old Apr 10th, 2017, 02:03 AM
Catch Phrase

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2634
mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb
The ghoul gave them the correct address. That was good. In response to his question as to what it should do now Kren suggested.
Dont go back then. Maybe leave town?
Towards Kieron he said.
If your going to help them all not die then maybe do it soon. Honestly its your choice.
Looking at the van Kren replied.
Your the one who crashed it. Sorry but I think you might be the strongest here
If you cant i dont think its happening.

Kren also took not that Calliope was wounded. Fighting wasnt his goal but if she decided to come she might have some trouble. He wanted to do this tonight and get it over with but maybe that wasnt the best strategy.
Im down with going. I get some pictures and videos we can topple it quite easy. If Kieron is right i doubt the older vampires will like the competition and i expect other groups will want it stopped for their own reasons. But do we want to do it tonight? Im game but we might need some better preparation. Now that we cant just drive in we need a new plan. If its a fight I dont like our odds as just us either.
I have no one.
That last line reminded Kren that he really doesnt. There we other unchained, he knew. He pretended to be one for long enough that he knew how to avoid the real ones. He just hadnt reached out yet. It has been a stressful week.
OOCCan you actually flip the van? Im not familiar with prometheans but cant you just jumper cable yourself to the battery if your in need?

Last edited by mjb; Apr 10th, 2017 at 02:11 AM.
Old Apr 10th, 2017, 06:20 AM
Just an addicted gamer

Tools
User Statistics
Elijah has seen some Blade movies and he knows what it means to have "Blood Farm". It is where human was harvested for his blood. But in other sci-fi movie, human build an island where they put their clone for harvesting their organ. Human could be despicable sometimes so Elijah thinks that killing them are justified. But then again, what is his difference then? People always justifying their actions by using their own standard.

Then come back to the issue at hand. The ghoul was pleading his life to Kieron. Elijah thinks differently. So he says to Kieron: "Would you accept him? Or if not, I may have another solution. He can go with me to Boston where my client would love to chat with him regarding the girl that I looking for."

Maybe the ghoul would end up dead after all. But everyone dies anyway, so why not do that after giving him some benefits first. And fulfilling Elijah's sense of justice.

However, he doesn't really know about this blood farm. Kieron may only need to inform the head vampire in town to clean up this mess. But maybe not, so he let Kieron decides for himself.

Old Apr 10th, 2017, 02:40 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Zareaus Zareaus Zareaus
Jason looks to Kren "I didn't crash the van.... that was the driver's fault. He choose the shitty road and driving bady, I mean he could have just stopped. He gave a slight sarcastic joking shrug as he answered. "And I'm not really that strong, just wiry; though I might be able to get it back up with help."

OOCMy original concept could have, but I decided to go dexy. I can spend pyros into strength, but giving people a chance if they have something better. Me and the vamp can boost our physicals enough to possibly flip it by spending fuel into them; but based on our sheets I'd get to str 5 & he could get to 4, which is like two decently strong humans so it would be questionable.

Charging off stuff has a chance to short it out and lower power stuff shorts easier, the battery would almost certainly short after 1-2 turns depending how strong a powersource it counts as. (Wall socket is 4B, I figure the battery would be 1-2 or 2-3 if the van is running, depending on how good of shape its in.)
Old Apr 11th, 2017, 01:44 AM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9594
Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon
"I'm swedish - I don't get a vote in this country." Calliope replies once most of the humans are safely off. "But the Sleepers are like children - angry and lost and confused. They lash out, and it is up to those who know better to try and fix it, show them a better way. Which doesn't start with killing people." She shrugs, nodding in agreement with Kren's statement about murder.

"There is no way that I am getting that truck back on its wheels. I could probably find us a ride, but it probably would come with more trouble than its worth."

OOCI could cast Shifting the Odds to look for an abandoned car, but tbh, the first target is the van, and I'm not sure of what to look for that doesn't have the chance to backfire.
Old Apr 14th, 2017, 01:34 PM
Good People  

Event Judge  

Hall of Fame DM 2017

Tools
User Statistics
OOC
I don't think I need to post anything just yet as you all are sorting out the how and where of what you are doing next, but don't forget someone has a rental car parked behind you.

Old Apr 15th, 2017, 12:28 AM
Just an addicted gamer

Tools
User Statistics
OOCElijah's rental car.
With side mirror broken...
He must pay the insurance...

T.T
Old Apr 17th, 2017, 01:31 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Zareaus Zareaus Zareaus
"I say we can go check the place out and if its over our head we wait for the other vampires to come clean it up. But I don't want to wait around while innocent people might be getting killed waiting on them to decide what to do." He walks over and puts a hand on the van. "So anyone want to give me a hand.... I think if we work together we can get it back on its wheels."

oocIs there a street light, transformer, or anything like that nearby? Or how close is the nearest subway station? Getting an idea of the layout and how much I can put into it.

Also since its such a big lift job will it be extended & not just instant action? It matters for how much I can pump into lifting it.

PS, Lifting is Strength+Stamina

Last edited by Zareaus; Apr 17th, 2017 at 01:31 PM.
Old Apr 17th, 2017, 03:11 PM
Good People  

Event Judge  

Hall of Fame DM 2017

Tools
User Statistics
OOC
You guys aren't really pressed for time so I figure you can take as much time as you want to lift it. Its not an obvious success so I would say it requires some sort of roll. That said I don't want us to get to hung up on it if this bogs us down I'll push things along.

As far as surroundings yeah there are probably some street lamps and power lines with transformer attached lining one side of the street. The nearest subway station would be decently far away as you were headed out of the city.